• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Humm weird. Didn't knew these were a thing.
Wouldn't it be better just to train in the games engine with its weapons? Seems kind of counter productive.
there's probably some benefit i'm not aware of.
It's pure mechanical skill you train in these things and you can adjust everything to feel like the game you're practicing. It creates a controlled setting in which you can continuously practice instead of having to do in a real game or lackluster practice mode.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
When my teammates leave my banner behind because they have a chance to win:
post-36423-earn-this-gif-earn-it-Tom%25255B1%25255D.gif

This is pretty great. One match in some chaos I grabbed both of my teammates banners, ran to the respawn point through the circle only to realize I didn't grab the other. I clicked too fast and didn't realize you have to WAIT FOR THE ANIMATION TO FINISH before you can grab another beacon (who's fucking idea what that?). The teammate didn't say anything either which puzzled me. I was too focused on escaping but they could clearly see "recover beacon" on the UI. I ran back through the circle but missed him by seconds.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played two matches and deleted this off my HD

I did the first match before I could even get a gun (within 30 sec to a min) and the second game I wandered from building to building picking stuff up just to get killed in a few seconds by some random dude.

Such a waste of my time and HD, mostly because I suck at PvP, partly because I wasn't even given an opportunity to fight back, defend myself or respawn.
😂 😂😂

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I just need a Ash or any simulacrum like Ash so I don't have to worry about playing anyone else. They just look so cool.

Deleted member 47076

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
I avoid microtransactions on everything.

This game though... I love it. I'm so burned out on dumping $100 for every cod each year to play on all the maps with my friends. After the first week of Apex, I sought out the Founders Pack (mysteriously missing from the store in game) wanting to support the folks at Respawn and also picked up EA access while I was at it. I look forward to supporting this game through the season passes and even some coin purchases. Its so refreshing to have a polished title land with a support roadmap and what looks to be years of support ahead.

Same here, but I rarely bought season passes. Though what I'd end up with is an incomplete game for $60 which sucks.

I'll probably get the battle pass for this.

CosmicSea

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019

I did the first match before I could even get a gun (within 30 sec to a min) and the second game I wandered from building to building picking stuff up just to get killed in a few seconds by some random dude.

Such a waste of my time and HD, mostly because I suck at PvP, partly because I wasn't even given an opportunity to fight back, defend myself or respawn.
HAHAHA. I mean it's one match man...finding a good landing spot and getting gear is an important part of the game.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Is this a meme?

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
If it goes boom, it hurts teammates.

Nox gas does not hurt teammates, but it does disorient and blind them.

While it's annoying I do appreciate that your teammates can block your shots (pretty sure right?), unlike say Overwatch where they didn't give a fuck, and it always pissed me off, granted the collision detection in OW is garbage.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I noticed my teammate had legendary armor, so when I found the legendary helmet I dropped it for him so he could get the achievement expecting that he'd do the same for me... Nope....

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Jesus christ son, hahaha

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Humm weird. Didn't knew these were a thing.
Wouldn't it be better just to train in the games engine with its weapons? Seems kind of counter productive.
there's probably some benefit i'm not aware of.
I agree, this is the first case where I felt I could benefit from one due to how BR games play.
In Quake, I can rock around the clock with bots and get to SOME proficiency that way.
Here I MAYBE shoot 2,3 magazines (into the air) before dying. And because of the team aspect, it bums me out.
I wanna be a gold star member for my homies in discord!

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
I haven't seen someone on PS4 with a higher level than I (46) until last night.. someone is lv64 and it blew my mind. I don't think that persons slept 🤭

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
It's pure mechanical skill you train in these things and you can adjust everything to feel like the game you're practicing. It creates a controlled setting in which you can continuously practice instead of having to do in a real game or lackluster practice mode.
Ok. It just seems like a waste of time.
Playing the game you want to get good at should be a better answer than trying to replicate something in a completely different environment.

Well, maybe to replicate specific situations like, "i want to get better at reacting at getting shot in the back, turning around and being precise"; have that scenario ready to go and play it 1000 times in sequence. Could work.
Always good to know these exist.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Got five wins in a row last night. Our win streaks seem to get longer each time we play lol. Two of our wins came when our random third quit or didn't load into the match too. Lifeline and Gibraltar are OP as fuck.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
8 kills, 2 enemy squads left, get capped by a camper in one of the final circles. Okay, fair play. Both teammates die to the fucking storm. Why.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I wish people wouldn't insist on leaving the ship straight away and flying down to one of the nearest bases, I know they want to get straight in the action but you just end up getting killed with no weapons half the time

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Eva and Moz are pointless compared to the Peacekeeper. Either up the fire rate for the EVA or reload rate for Moz.

Also, all of the Light ammo pistols are trash.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is amazing. It even got me back into TF2 SP to wrap up the last 8 achievements I was missing, which I finally finished last night getting that evil evil training run achievement. I don't want to play TF2 MP though and start trying to wall run and double jump in Apex.

Can't wait for the battle pass.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
When pathfinder says "'im getting shot at" i feel the need to save him like a roomba from falling down the stairs.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eva and Moz are pointless compared to the Peacekeeper. Either up the fire rate for the EVA or reload rate for Moz.

It's depressing how trash the Eva is. I don't think fire rate will fix it, you just do way less damage with it. I can routinely hit for 80+ damage per shot with the Peacekeeper. Meanwhile with the Eva I hit for 20-30. Even with increased fire rate it just won't compete with the Peacekeeper unless they nerf the Peacekeeper.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I've been sleeping on Gibraltar. His shield and passive shield are middling at best, but that ult just fucking rains death. I got a squad wipe and a double kill off of that ultimate alone. Third-party a couple squads and you've pretty much won the firefight right away.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Yeah I'd like an indepth explanation on how helmets work. Does purple one (50% damage reduction they say) only reduce the headshot multiplier part of the damage or is it from the entire damage of the shot making a headshot not apply multiplier? If I have body shield but no helmet, do the headshots start depleting my life bar or does it still go through the shield bar first?

This is so beautiful.

Last edited:

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit wtf, you can hook players with pathfinders grappling hook? Reverse scorpion on them?
It seems obvious, but it didn't even cross my mind.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
No luck playing on PC, but after switching to PS4, I got 7 wins with randoms/my buddies in just 2 days. It's kind of crazy, probably as much as we've won in PUBG over the course of 1,5 year.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017

EVA's fine, Mozambique just needs a little more damage. Peacekeeper actively needs a nerf. Everything else is kind of fine in its role, more or less. SMGs could use deeper clips, but that's what the mag extenders are for. I'm fine with the non-Wingman pistols being kind of weak. Not every gun needs to be equally effective. And the autopistol is actually solid in the first few minutes of a game.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
EVA's fine, Mozambique just needs a little more damage. Peacekeeper actively needs a nerf. Everything else is kind of fine in its role, more or less. SMGs could use deeper clips, but that's what the mag extenders are for. I'm fine with the non-Wingman pistols being kind of weak. Not every gun needs to be equally effective.
I'd say the full-auto pistol is better than the alternator at least? Also, agree on the EVA. Land your shots and you can down em quick.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Really love playing as Mirage but he is annoying as fuck as a character. And why does he have pop sockets all over him?

Status
Not open for further replies.