• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this game intentionally puts high level players with brand new ones. And it gets a little grating after awhile.

*goes into game chat and nobody responds*

*pings weapons and armor to loot up before first fight and randoms go off and die in the first fight because they didn't want this AR*

*pinged enemy at the distance and then pinged the high ground only for the random to go headfirst into the squad of 3*

Just another day dealing with insufferable players.

Slixshot

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this game intentionally puts high level players with brand new ones. And it gets a little grating after awhile.

*pings weapons and armor to loot up before first fight and randoms go off and die in the first fight because they didn't want this AR*

*pinged enemy at the distance and then pinged the high ground only for the random to go headfirst into the squad of 3*

Just another day dealing with insufferable players.

Play with people on Era?

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eva and Moz are pointless compared to the Peacekeeper. Either up the fire rate for the EVA or reload rate for Moz.

Also, all of the Light ammo pistols are trash.
I won a game with the RE-45 so I'll keep it as a backup if nothing else presents itself. It's about as good as it should be for what it is.

I think the EVA is pretty good too, it's definitely not as good as the peacekeeper but I have horrific luck with the peacekeepers tendency to do either 100 damage or 10 damage, so I'll take the EVA sometimes.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Playing around with the Prowler in training mode, seems that you can get 77 damage off a single burst from a pretty good distance if you pull slightly downward when firing. Which is better than I thought. Still probably only worth it with the full auto attachment, though.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say the full-auto pistol is better than the alternator at least? Also, agree on the EVA. Land your shots and you can down em quick.
Yeah, I just edited that in. I like the autopistol fine. Here's how I'd tier things after roughly a week of play:

S: Mastiff, Kraber
A: Peacekeeper, Triple Take, Wingman, Spitfire, Devotion (turbo)
B: Prowler (auto), G-7 Scout, R-301, Flatline, R-99, Devotion (regular)
C: Longbow, Hemlock, EVA-8, Prowler (burst)
D: RE-45, Alternator
F: P2020, Mozambique

But really I'd take any two from S/A/B here and be happy. There are a lot of good guns.

Do headshots damage shields more or do you have to cut through the shield first?
You still have to break shield, but headshots do double damage (1.5x times for shotguns and SMGs to mitigate the pellets).

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Headshots do like double the damage, you'll have to break the shield to damage the health either way.

I'm just wondering if they do extra damage to shields as well. I guess it wouldn't make that much sense because who would design a shield that protects your head less.

Really wanna invest in an elite controller for this.

Yeah the reliance on the d-pad for grenades and healing makes paddles a really useful tool. I bought a paddle attachment for my dualshock just so I could map up and right to them.

Thinking back to some of my games yesterday, it might be good to add a 'shield down' sound effect comparable to the armor breaking in Blackout (maybe there is but I couldn't really tell in the thick of it). I think that's a better indicator than the changing colors. I'm also wondering if they should make the gear you pick up more visible on the character. I think it would add a more tactical layer if you could tell if someone had higher level armor, helm, and a kitted out weapon. Just a couple things that I think this game could utilize from other Battle Royales.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
People are getting scarily good with the Wingman now. Got carried to a victory hard by a dude with just under 1k kills who would just calming stroll into a building with enemies, pop off each of them in turn with the Wingman then move on to the next group he could find.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's depressing how trash the Eva is. I don't think fire rate will fix it, you just do way less damage with it. I can routinely hit for 80+ damage per shot with the Peacekeeper. Meanwhile with the Eva I hit for 20-30. Even with increased fire rate it just won't compete with the Peacekeeper unless they nerf the Peacekeeper.
I've cleared whole squads with the Eva. Not trash at all

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just wondering if they do extra damage to shields as well. I guess it wouldn't make that much sense because who would design a shield that protects your head less.
They do. Double damage means most weapons will shred the shield pretty fast with headshots. There is also the shield-breaking noise you're describing, just like in Blackout! But you'll also know they have no shield because the damage numbers are color-coded: yellow is a headshot, purple/blue/white correspond to the level of their shield, and red means they're shieldless (and so have less than 100 health).

Singh Deep

Dec 10, 2017
Getting a lot better at this, the previous BR's (especially Fortnite) made me instinctively passive in terms of combat, but this game's rewarding towards good aim and the rushers. Got about 10 wins alone yesterday, probably averaged about 6-7 kills a game.

EVA is a great gun close range, I think I heard Shroud say it's an "OP gun" as well. The Moz and the P2020 (or whatever its called) pistol are absolute trash and won't get you anywhere even at the beginning of the game most of the time.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017

And I never will. No but really, I create a party chat for just myself so I don't have to listen to other peoples' crap. Grating voices, toxicity, music playing in the background...I'm not dealing with any of that. The Ping system in this game more than makes up for the lack of voice chat.

All your other points are fair. The game is still less than a week old, though, and people are getting used to it still. Of course, there will always be a handful of people who don't "get it" no matter how much they play.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yeah, I just edited that in. I like the autopistol fine. Here's how I'd tier things after roughly a week of play:

But really I'd take any two from S/A/B here and be happy. There are a lot of good guns.

You still have to break shield, but headshots do double damage (1.5x times for shotguns and SMGs to mitigate the pellets).
that A and B tier list is a travesty.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Single fire hemlock is extremely good also, you can tap fire it super fast.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's just common sense things like...

Why are you reviving in the middle of this CQC firefight?! Dude literally turned his back to the enemy to revive his friend when we could've teamed the very last guy for the squad wipe.

I am almost dead while fighting the last dude. I need help. I said I need help. Downs me then downs the dummy who was reviving his teammate 1 foot away from our fight.

I swear. The IQ.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I had a match last night where I ended up solo. Got 2nd place because the other squad was a full team and the last circle was in a really open spot. This makes me want there to be a solo mode so bad.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I did not know I could carry 2 tags at the same time.. Made it to 2 squads remaining, my noob mistake might have cost us the championship

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
I had a match last night where I ended up solo. Got 2nd place because the other squad was a full team and the last circle was in a really open spot. This makes me want there to be a solo mode so bad.
Getting to the finals with one team mate long gone from logging out the second he died and my duos parter and I getting killed by the third guy in the team makes me want that duos mode. I hope we hear something soon.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And I never will. No but really, I create a party chat for just myself so I don't have to listen to other peoples' crap. Grating voices, toxicity, music playing in the background...I'm not dealing with any of that. The Ping system in this game more than makes up for the lack of voice chat.

All your other points are fair. The game is still less than a week old, though, and people are getting used to it still. Of course, there will always be a handful of people who don't "get it" no matter how much they play.

I do the same but I tried to be the "helpful teammate that clearly put too much time into the game". Nah. I'm staying in party chat now lol.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: If I'm carrying a a Spitfire/Carbine/Hemlok and a Peacemaker I will leave a Kraber behind and not care at all. Its weaknesses are just too great.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I mean it's just common sense things like...

Why are you reviving in the middle of this CQC firefight?! Dude literally turned his back to the enemy to revive his friend when we could've teamed the very last guy for the squad wipe.

I am almost dead while fighting the last dude. I need help. I said I need help. Downs me then downs the dummy who was reviving his teammate 1 foot away from our fight.

I swear. The IQ.
Panic has nothing to do with IQ. He didn't feel like he could do it alone and made a bad panic decision.

Hot take: If I'm carrying a a Spitfire/Carbine/Hemlok and a Peacemaker I will leave a Kraber behind and not care at all. Its weaknesses are just too great.
Not even a hot take, especially when the map is too small for effective sniper rifle usage. Late is good for Kraber, but super-late is Mastiff or nothing gold at all.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Panic has nothing to do with IQ. He didn't feel like he could do it alone and made a bad panic decision.

Not even a hot take, especially when the map is too small for effective sniper rifle usage. Late is good for Kraber, but super-late is Mastiff or nothing gold at all.

He wasn't alone? I was literally there saying I need help with this last fight?

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Yeah as good as the Kraber is it's a situational weapon, and if you aren't good with snipers you're better off using another gun.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'll hit you up sometime! Just played with a few Era members and we won three times! Was fun.

Our highest squad kill game of the night
cR1fi47.jpg

Hey that's me! I didn't see this post. We had a good time. I was playing with my other friends yesterday, they just don't have the killer instinct you guys had!

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already not looking forward to the inevitable patches that change everything and make me stop playing eventually.

Happened in every BR. At some point I always get tired of adapting to the meta of the day.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I prefer to roll with Peacekeeper and Flatline/Spitfire combo. Keep on hearing how great the Wingman is but not sure I have the accuracy required to be good with it.

Oct 25, 2017
I automatically call the match a loss when a random in the squad goes off on their own when jumping.

There is no bad spots to really jump at all, so it shouldn't matter where the jumpmaster is going.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I wish people wouldn't insist on leaving the ship straight away and flying down to one of the nearest bases, I know they want to get straight in the action but you just end up getting killed with no weapons half the time

If you're playing with randoms it's likely people intentionally dropping into hot zones to get combat practice and they don't really care if they die in a few minutes.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do the areas that say "mid tier" or "high tier" loot rotate, or are they static hot spots? I know the supply ship and the blue circle obviously rotate, I'm just wondering about the unmarked areas that will sometimes say high/mid tier. I haven't really paid attention to that.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do the areas that say "mid tier" or "high tier" loot rotate, or are they static hot spots? I know the supply ship and then blue circle obviously rotate, I'm just wondering about the unmarked areas that will sometimes say high/mid tier. I haven't really paid attention to that.

I swear that stuff is BS most of the time. I've dropped into hot zones only to find....one blue backpack, three white barrels and a bunch of Mozambique's lol.

High tier my ass. A high amount of low tier things.

Status
Not open for further replies.