• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear that stuff is BS most of the time. I've dropped into hot zones only to find....one blue backpack, three white barrels and a bunch of Mozambique's lol.

High tier my ass. A high amount of low tier things.
I think it just means there is like, one legendary in the area. Like the blue circle has one fully kitted weapon in it, but I believe the rest is normal. I just found a gold backpack in a high tier area last game, which is why I'm wondering. That fast heal is nutty.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Headshots do like double the damage, you'll have to break the shield to damage the health either way.
I've gotten "normal" damage floaties on headshots, then hit their body and got armor icons.

Not sure what helmets do. I assume it mitigates headshot damage, but its unclear if it breaks or what.

Also MAN we had the scrappiest win last night. Me and my friend + a micless random.

We all must have resurrected each other at least 3 times. I was the only one to never die die, but they both died once and twice each requiring a respawn. Literally every 2 minutes we said "man we are so fucked"

But somehow stayed in it to the end and won it.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's just common sense things like...

Why are you reviving in the middle of this CQC firefight?! Dude literally turned his back to the enemy to revive his friend when we could've teamed the very last guy for the squad wipe.

I am almost dead while fighting the last dude. I need help. I said I need help. Downs me then downs the dummy who was reviving his teammate 1 foot away from our fight.

I swear. The IQ.

Some of us are just good-natured dummies who don't really have any idea what we're doing. Give us time.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Swamps is my favorite spot. It's mid-tier but there's a lot of loot and no one ever lands there. Dam -> Swamps is also solid if the circle isn't too far.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I swear that stuff is BS most of the time. I've dropped into hot zones only to find....one blue backpack, three white barrels and a bunch of Mozambique's lol.

High tier my ass. A high amount of low tier things.
I landed in one of these areas yesterday and found a fully kitted wingman with all gold attachments inside one of the loot robots.
Here's the clip:

Singh Deep

Dec 10, 2017
I must be doing something wrong because most of the single shot weapons, including the Hemlok, are ass for me. Think it might be a PC vs PS4 thing lol

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hemlok or Flatline, friends?
Flatline for me. It works great at all distances.
That´s 100% me, but I play on PS4.

I think the Wingman is mostly used on PC.
Yeah PC here. Even with a mouse I need a little spray and pray sometimes.

You actually jump/drop faster when you break off. When everybody has agreed on where to go to breaking off is actually the smart thing to do.
Just figured this out as well. Makes a pretty big difference too.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You actually jump/drop faster when you break off. When everybody has agreed on where to go to breaking off is actually the smart thing to do.
That's not really what is happening. If the jumpmaster knows how to dip and level out, they can gain the same speed boost.

How it works is you start slowing down if you're not in a straight up dive. So you dive for half a second or so to build momentum, then level out again. This is also how you can jump to the far off landing zones on the complete opposite sides of the map.

Oct 28, 2017
One thing I noticed in a game last night was teammates fully ignoring the ticks. How the hell do you ignore a loot pinata like this? Guess they just don't know about em.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
My hands are too heavy, im trying to aim but panicking and it's clicking the thumbstick in, So while my enemy is blasting my face, I'm trying to melee inbetween shots lol

What's people's controller/sensitivity and all that at?

Turns out none of you gave advice or help etc, Elitists all over the joint here. Well i just won with my friend, Only 2 of us. Wiped them and pretty much perfect game for us. Baited them, Used specials, Revived each other etc.

So yeah screw you all *middle finger

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Recoil. Burst is hot garbage, putting your cursor all over the place. The single shot is a laser.

Interesting. I'll give it a another go. I've always used it in burst but not really had much of an issue with recoil (I naturally hold down on the stick as I've firing intermittently).

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
I played this game all weekend. I never do that with a BR. My normal BR experience is play a few games then stop, then play a few games and stop. This game is just so good that I played it non stop.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I noticed in a game last night was teammates fully ignoring the ticks. How the hell do you ignore a loot pinata like this? Guess they just don't know about em.
This was me for like 3 dozen games, at least. I only found out about them yesterday when I died and was spectating a teammate. They're not nearly "special" looking enough, I thought they were just part of the map.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's so much better about it in single shot vs burst?

Hyperbole.

But personally I can not only land more shots, I also feel like I can land them accurately consistently. Depending on how fast you can press the trigger, I can let off over 6 shots center mass in the same time I'd be lining up my burst shots.

Maybe it's preference, but my firefights with Hemlock got a lot better after I switched off burst and just let it rip at their stomach as fast as I can tap R.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
Am I alone in completely bypassing the Kraber? That bolt cycle timing is so slow. Headshots are one thing, but at the speed of this game, tagging anyone at range with it allows them to take cover before your next shot is ready. Also, ditching a kitted weapon for eight bullets to me is crazy. Would much rather be able to plink on people with the G7 or Longbow with a bunch of ammo.

Only time I would take the Kraber is if my alt was terrible or if I was in a position to use it in place and then pick back up my alt.

If they slightly sped up the cycle rate and maybe gave 20 bullets, it would be more tempting.

The Mastiff on the other hand is hilariously broken. I've lost games to it but won more. 20 rounds with that things is comical. If anything, give it 8 rounds and slow the cycle rate... Still love picking it up while it is a beast.

edit: I did use the Kraber to get my 300+ meter down badge. Guy got revived of course, so I'm glad they don't make you get the full kill with it to unlock the challenge.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Turns out none of you gave advice or help etc, Elitists all over the joint here. Well i just won with my friend, Only 2 of us. Wiped them and pretty much perfect game for us. Baited them, Used specials, Revived each other etc.

Good win. For sensitivity, generally you go as low as you can until you start undershooting things/not being able to smoothly track opponents and then slowly raise back up. But that's on PC.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
First 1v1 with a Peacekeeper tonight and managed to miss every single shot lol. Good start for the evening.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Yeah, I just edited that in. I like the autopistol fine. Here's how I'd tier things after roughly a week of play:

S: Mastiff, Kraber
A: Peacekeeper, Triple Take, Wingman, Spitfire, Devotion (turbo)
B: Prowler (auto), G-7 Scout, R-301, Flatline, R-99, Devotion (regular)
C: Longbow, Hemlock, EVA-8, Prowler (burst)
D: RE-45, Alternator
F: P2020, Mozambique

But really I'd take any two from S/A/B here and be happy. There are a lot of good guns.

You still have to break shield, but headshots do double damage (1.5x times for shotguns and SMGs to mitigate the pellets).

I'd put peacekeeper and wingman as S tier with their mods.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Am I alone in completely bypassing the Kraber? That bolt cycle timing is so slow. Headshots are one thing, but at the speed of this game, tagging anyone at range with it allows them to take cover before your next shot is ready. Also, ditching a kitted weapon for eight bullets to me is crazy. Would much rather be able to plink on people with the G7 or Longbow with a bunch of ammo.

Only time I would take the Kraber is if my alt was terrible or if I was in a position to use it in place and then pick back up my alt.

If they slightly sped up the cycle rate and maybe gave 20 bullets, it would be more tempting.

The Mastiff on the other hand is hilariously broken. I've lost games to it but won more. 20 rounds with that things is comical. If anything, give it 8 rounds and slow the cycle rate... Still love picking it up while it is a beast.
I've had the Kraber once and I dropped it almost immediately, it needs to be a 1-hit knockdown to justify it's clunkiness and rarity.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I landed in one of these areas yesterday and found a fully kitted wingman with all gold attachments inside one of the loot robots.
Here's the clip:

I have 7 wins and I yet have to get a fully equipped gun from one of these robots. The only time I got a gold weapon it was from a supply drop and it was a Mastiff without attachments. Not that I'm complaining about that drop, but since there's an achievement for this it's a bit annoying I still had no chance to pull this off yet. And I went for the robot every time I heard its noise.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018

I'm not sure there is an option in this particular game but in Halo and Call of Duty they call it (for some reason) Clench Prevention . Have a look if its listed under controls?

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
If Kraber had two shots per reload I'd pick it up every time. But as it is it's just much easier to kill 2 or 3 guys at a time with almost any other weapon.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'd say sensivity is a very personal thing. At least on my case I play with numbers until I find a satisfying point, which involves some trial and error.

That said I don't know what are the actual options for this game, because I play on PC.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

This post in gif.

7F89FD0C1C69827A4E7A44F00EF3CAA7F55541D2

Status
Not open for further replies.