• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't know what I'd do on a controller. I guess high regular sensitivity for turning, low ADS sensitivity? I'll have to try it on my PS4 eventually.
This game automatically lowers it during ADS. But in general, console is the exact opposite of PC. You want the highest sensitivity possible that you can still aim with. That's why most SCUF/Elite controllers have long ass right sticks.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played a game with two randoms, who were speaking Spanish..I speak very little spanish..like I dont speak spanish, and the ping system just flexed it muscle totally.

The only words I heard clearly from them were "Skigazzi" (my PSN name) and "Fuck you", I think I took Wraith and he wanted it. They kinda talked shit about me the whole match even though I revived them a couple times and clutched some 1 v 2s. Then I thought they were gonna not revive me, and was just like "CMON REALLY?!" and they picked me up.

I hope this games user count remains high (I think it'll be through the roof) enough for solo / duo / trio playlist.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
People already coming up with loot traps. that's fucked up xD
Welcome to my Lab
Lol I guess they didn't know that you can break the doors?
Thoughts on scopes? Is 2x really the most you want for most occasions and none at all on shotguns
I deal with the 4-8x on a sniper sometimes, but 2-4x is the sweet spot for long range and 1-2x is ideal for short to medium range. If I find a gold scope I generally disregard my preferences and just use it.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Am I alone in completely bypassing the Kraber? That bolt cycle timing is so slow. Headshots are one thing, but at the speed of this game, tagging anyone at range with it allows them to take cover before your next shot is ready. Also, ditching a kitted weapon for eight bullets to me is crazy. Would much rather be able to plink on people with the G7 or Longbow with a bunch of ammo.

Only time I would take the Kraber is if my alt was terrible or if I was in a position to use it in place and then pick back up my alt.
Here is my experience with the Kraber:

-Shooting down into Cascades, getting like three downs and no kills
-It actually glitching out when I reloaded it so it was stuck with 0 bullets in mag and wouldn't reload or fire unless I dropped it
-Reluctantly picking one up because I only had two ARs with 2 squads left, getting one body shot on a person running and then body shotting a wounded Gibraltar to win

Other than that, I also avoid it. I'll ping it to my squad but it doesn't feel worth it to have a slow bolt action with limited ammo in a game with these armor and healing mechanics.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I have 7 wins and I yet have to get a fully equipped gun from one of these robots. The only time I got a gold weapon it was from a supply drop and it was a Mastiff without attachments. Not that I'm complaining about that drop, but since there's an achievement for this it's a bit annoying I still had no chance to pull this off yet. And I went for the robot every time I heard its noise.
This was my first time finding one of these as well but it was also inside of the blue circle spawns on that map that says "Chance for high-tier loot and fully kitted weapon" so perhaps they only spawn in that area?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have 7 wins and I yet have to get a fully equipped gun from one of these robots. The only time I got a gold weapon it was from a supply drop and it was a Mastiff without attachments. Not that I'm complaining about that drop, but since there's an achievement for this it's a bit annoying I still had no chance to pull this off yet. And I went for the robot every time I heard its noise.
The fully kitted weapon is only in the blue circle, and I believe there is only one per match.

Mastiff/Kraber don't have any attachments. They're just legendary with their own ammo supply that can't be refilled.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I guess they didn't know that you can break the doors?
The team outside would rock them if they did; they had traps outside the doors as well. When you're in the middle of the gas, your character gets slow as hell.
It's pretty fucked up.

Maybe some termite out the doors would've work.

Edit, that reminds me, is Caustic the only one invulnerable to his own gas or everybody on the team?

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
This was my first time finding one of these as well but it was also inside of the blue circle spawns on that map that says "Chance for high-tier loot and fully kitted weapon" so perhaps they only spawn in that area?
They can spawn anywhere, but they're pretty rare and are usually placed in out-of-the-way places. For example in The Pit they are often high up on one of the walls.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They can spawn anywhere, but they're pretty rare and are usually placed in out-of-the-way places. For example in The Pit they are often high up on one of the walls.
I think they only drop fully kitted weapon in the blue circle though. Outside of that they'll have good shit, but not the full legendary weapon.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So any idea if we will see the Leviathans (Dinosaurs in the water) come into play somehow? Might be cool if they wonder on to the map at some point.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Even the ones that drop fully kitted weapons? I've found a bunch of the robots in various parts of the map but they usually drop either a single purple or gold item. I do wish they were more distinct looking so you could see them more easily.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Back to Back wins

Granted one was last night and one was this morning but still. We took out s whole squad one point just throwing grenades in a building as they all decided to huddle inside.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
"TTK is fine"

Gets dropped in two shots by a wingman.

I mean, I guess it's fine?

edit: I don't actually know wtf gun it was because it's difficult to tell them apart.

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
Hmmm, im gonna have to try single fire hemlock and see how fast i can shoot. I play on console so its obvious its faster with a mouse click. Gotta see if its worth it for me on a controller.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, im gonna have to try single fire hemlock and see how fast i can shoot. I play on console so its obvious its faster with a mouse click. Gotta see if its worth it for me on a controller.

I've been on xbox and ps4 and it's my preferred rifle doing that. G7 and single fire hemlock are my main primary preference.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
"TTK is fine"

Gets dropped in two shots by a wingman.

I mean, I guess it's fine?

edit: I don't actually know wtf gun it was because it's difficult to tell them apart.

Could be a Wingman if you didn't have armor. 2 perfect shots from a Wingman, not much you can do about that in the early game, but at least there's a respawn mechanic when you get bad luck like that.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I just edited that in. I like the autopistol fine. Here's how I'd tier things after roughly a week of play:

S: Mastiff, Kraber
A: Peacekeeper, Triple Take, Wingman, Spitfire, Devotion (turbo)
B: Prowler (auto), G-7 Scout, R-301, Flatline, R-99, Devotion (regular)
C: Longbow, Hemlock, EVA-8, Prowler (burst)
D: RE-45, Alternator
F: P2020, Mozambique

But really I'd take any two from S/A/B here and be happy. There are a lot of good guns.

You still have to break shield, but headshots do double damage (1.5x times for shotguns and SMGs to mitigate the pellets).

What platform are you on? I'd change a few things

Wingman (w/mod) and peacekeeper are S tier
r301 and r99 are A tier
triple take is c tier
hemlock is b tier
longbow is A tier (w/mod)

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love cheesing the bubble shield. I've baited and played ring a round the rosie with stragglers then smoked them with my peacekeeper lol.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Thoughts on scopes? Is 2x really the most you want for most occasions and none at all on shotguns
I like 1x-2x on pistols and SMGs, either the 3x or 2x-4x on rifles, and nothing on shotguns. The gold scopes rank everything, though.

Longer-range sniping with the G7/Longbow/Triple Take just isn't that effective at putting away teams unless you also have people down there cleaning up, and the Kraber comes with its own scope.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is looking for a fun way to annoy your squadmates, just be sure to ping every Mozambique you find laying around!

"Mozambique here!"

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Anyone have issues with the healing scroll wheel on console? A few times already i've had issues with it refusing to change to another healing type. I'd also appreciate it we would scroll through healing similar to how you could scroll though throwable equipment.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Black Thunder

Nov 1, 2017
There is a "Playstation+" pack for Apex up on PSN now btw.
Free if you have PS+

https://store.playstation.com/en-no/product/EP0006-CUSA12552_00-PSPLS10000000000

I think I'm actually going to buy the founders pack for this game. Feels a bit less dirty than buying pure microtransactions but I feel they should get some cash from me.

Something interesting I noticed about this: redeeming this on one PSN account makes it available for other PSN accounts playing the game. I have PS+ on my NA account, but have access to the skins, etc from this pack on my JP account. Not huge, but I didn't expect it.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is pissing me off now. 3 seperate level ups I've not been given a package. What the fuck? It takes enough time to level up as is, so losing out of 3 lots of rewards is annoying.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Something interesting I noticed about this: redeeming this on one PSN account makes it available for other PSN accounts playing the game. I have PS+ on my NA account, but have access to the skins, etc from this pack on my JP account. Not huge, but I didn't expect it.

That's pretty cool.
I'm curious of how they will implement "Playstation themed" skins on the other consoles/PC when they implement cross-play eventually.

Can save the coins for the battle pass too. That's what I'm doing.

Not a bad idea :)
I have no hurry in spending them at least as the ingame "grind" is not that bad.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I managed to surprise someone with a Mastiff and this fucker killed me in one shot from 100hp + 75 armor. No idea what he used, but my point blank Mastiff shot only dealt 78 damage, which was disappointing to say the least.

SomeOneInaHat

Nov 9, 2017
This is pissing me off now. 3 separate level ups I've not been given a package. What the fuck? It takes enough time to level up as is, so losing out of 3 lots of rewards is annoying.
Press the previous match button (Touchpad on PS4) at the main menu. There is a bar that shows what rewards you receive on your next level up.
It's not always an apex pack.

Last edited:

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
This is pissing me off now. 3 seperate level ups I've not been given a package. What the fuck? It takes enough time to level up as is, so losing out of 3 lots of rewards is annoying.

I've missed out on several as well. I'm in the mid-20s and the last few seem to have not given a pack to open. Each level is supposed to give one pack plus the red currency right?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
They become less frequent past level 20, either every other level or every 3 levels. By level 50 I heard it becomes every 5 levels, and then I think I heard the game caps at level 100 too(course I'm no where near that to verify).

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
YouTube keeps pimping the Shroud 200 loot box opening video and I know it's supposed to make you want to buy packs too, but it just makes me bitter because you know he gets them for free.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
YouTube keeps pimping the Shroud 200 loot box opening video and I know it's supposed to make you want to buy packs too, but it just makes me bitter because you know he gets them for free.

Maybe I'm naïve, but I actually don't think he gets them for free. I think he's just a millionaire who doesn't mind dropping $200 on loot packs for a game that's making him rich. Sort of like how every major Fortnite streamer (except TFue) always has all the new skins.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like not having access to stuff.
Makes it way more exciting when you get a cool skin.

Opening 200 boxes is boring as fuck and defeats the whole purpose.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Got two final two squads with a random (other teammate disconnected before match began), and I'm pinging where I'd like to go (he's followed all my pings to this point), but he decided to rush in even though they had positional advantage for the time (altitude), though we were in the area where the final circle was going to close.

Kill me.

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017
Pulled out my peacekeeper in a fight and it needed to reload after never being fired once? What kind of nonsense is that. It reloaded or cocked itself or something asinine. Some of these mechanics are down right stupid.

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
Got to level 20 today but still having pretty frequent bugs with the PC version. Every other match my game will just freeze for 10-15 seconds and resume and about every 10 matches I'll crash to desktop. I hope these get smoothed out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.