• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiftyRat

Oct 27, 2017
Like many others, I have had a hard time getting into BR games but something about this just clicks. It has been on my mind non-stop since it released last week. I guess it helps that I was/am a huge fan of Titanfall 1 and 2.

I've slowly been getting better and better. I've been playing with two IRL friends and Day 2 was our best in terms of success. We played like 7 matches, got 2nd in four of them and first in two.

Since that night we haven't won, but my damage output and kills keep going up. I'm learning to be more aggressive and getting more comfortable with the gunplay.

All of that said, this was not my best moment. I was trying to flank the squad that was shooting my team mate and it didn't go so well.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled out my peacekeeper in a fight and it needed to reload after never being fired once? What kind of nonsense is that. It reloaded or cocked itself or something asinine. Some of these mechanics are down right stupid.
You done goofed.
I had that happen to me yesterday, but it was me who forgot in the middle of a fight.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They become less frequent past level 20, either every other level or every 3 levels. By level 50 I heard it becomes every 5 levels, and then I think I heard the game caps at level 100 too(course I'm no where near that to verify).

Damn. That sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
Got to level 20 today but still having pretty frequent bugs with the PC version. Every other match my game will just freeze for 10-15 seconds and resume and about every 10 matches I'll crash to desktop. I hope these get smoothed out soon.
I definitely get like a quarter to a half-second freezes here and there, but never anything like 10 seconds. That's a bummer. I'm sure they'll be smoothing this stuff out over the coming weeks.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Good lord I got matched with an obnoxious duo of randos. They kept destroying doors and shooting around for no reason, alerting everyone on the damn map to our presence, and going out of their way to engage faraway full squads alone and, unsurprisingly, dying alone, 100m+ away from the rest of the squad.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely get like a quarter to a half-second freezes here and there, but never anything like 10 seconds. That's a bummer. I'm sure they'll be smoothing this stuff out over the coming weeks.
Ye I get like a second freeze every so often. I thought it was my pc but glad to see it is the game. Hopefully it gets a bug fix soon.

Aveis

Oct 28, 2017
Timisoara
Got my second win today,really enjoying this game
I can only play pathfinder,I tried the rest as well but it just makes me want to go back to pathfinder xD

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord I got matched with an obnoxious duo of randos. They kept destroying doors and shooting around for no reason, alerting everyone on the damn map to our presence, and going out of their way to engage faraway full squads alone and, unsurprisingly, dying alone, 100m+ away from the rest of the squad.

A few times I've got stuck with trolls who either ride back and forth up zip lines or through wraith portals until they eventually get shot, I'm sure they find it hilarious

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I was not ready for the recoil on the Devotion.

...Really messed up that engagement...

tenor.gif

My only solace is that both my squaddies were alive at the time and under fire themselves, so they could never see what was happening with me.

Singh Deep

Dec 10, 2017
Who should I unlock first? Mirage or Caustic? I've been holding these points/coins forever, might as well use them on one of them

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Man I have so many games in my backlog, I definitely didn't need this in my life.

It's the only game I can think about right now.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

bargeparty

Oct 30, 2017

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
I think caustic is cool but he's kinda ass to be honest

I thought I would prefer mirage but I really like Caustic - using his gas mines on chokepoints is a really nice way to get alerted that enemies are coming from your flanks - his special is also really useful when you get towards the final circle

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
kind of wonder if they put this out soo close to Anthem.......cause they think Anthem might turn out to be a big budget flop

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying this so far. Also kudos to the dev team for basically having everything function at launch. It's one of the best game launches I've ever experienced. I was so surprised how fleshed out it all was.

I kinda wish there was an arena mode with Titanfall-esque bots to practice with. I'm only level 6 or 7 but just lost on most of the weapon mechanics. I know that's kinda the point of thse games, to learn them as you go, but still.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I got disconnected Saturday night 1 kill away from a win when Spectrum decided to have an outage. Was rage inducing. :(
I was with a friend too. It's never happened that late in the game either. Total waste of time it was.
I was not ready for the recoil on the Devotion.

...Really messed up that engagement...

tenor.gif

My only solace is that both my squaddies were alive at the time and under fire themselves, so they could never see what was happening with me.
I feel like this when I fire the Devotion:

tenor.gif

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Two questions:

Is it possible to shoot a pistol when you're downed? If it is possible, how do you set this up?

What does a helmet actually do? It doesn't seem to affect your shield strength.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to say, but I'm aware of that mechanic, which is fine, but I was in a pretty desolate area. Everything goes by so fast in the game I couldn't say where I picked it up. I don't recall seeing any signs of a fire fight in the area.
I mean, that's what happened. There's no "mechanic" that makes you reload a gun before it's fired. All weapons come with a magazine of ammo.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't gotten the hang of Wraith. I like Pathfinder a lot! Gives me the high ground advantage everytime

I love Wraith because she fits the aggressive play style that I've always done in shooters. Always think it's silly when Gibraltar's or Lifelines try flanking, like dude, that's Wraiths job! She has portals for crying out loud. But yeah, Wraith is the perfect fit for aggressive flankers.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Stupid question, have you guys notice some differences with the ps4 pro connected in wifi instead of cable in this game? Like worst performance or lag...

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kind of wonder if they put this out soo close to Anthem.......cause they think Anthem might turn out to be a big budget flop
Anthem doesn't have PvP, and this game is free. They're not really competing for the same market.

Stupid question, have you guys notice some differences with the ps4 pro connected in wifi instead of cable in this game? Like wo rst performance or lag...
Wired will always be better for online gaming. True for every game. Even if you think your WiFi performance is fine, it's not as good as being wired.

Oct 25, 2017
Two questions:

Is it possible to shoot a pistol when you're downed? If it is possible, how do you set this up?

What does a helmet actually do? It doesn't seem to affect your shield strength.
You can't do anything when downed except ping enemies and locations, and a helmet protects your head, so decreases headshot damage. It doesn't show up on the shield bar, though.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Really enjoying this so far. Also kudos to the dev team for basically having everything function at launch. It's one of the best game launches I've ever experienced. I was so surprised how fleshed out it all was.

I kinda wish there was an arena mode with Titanfall-esque bots to practice with. I'm only level 6 or 7 but just lost on most of the weapon mechanics. I know that's kinda the point of thse games, to learn them as you go, but still.

Our group last night kept getting game crashes. We played about 10-12 games and one person would crash (different person each time) in 4 different games.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
331Erock (known for his "Meets Metal" series of electric guitar covers) did the Apex main menu theme.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes and No really. I am probably cancelling my Anthem preorder because of this. I wasnt expecting to like Apex this much.
That's a time thing though. If you're specifically looking for a co-op loot game, Apex isn't gonna work. Just like Anthem won't work if you're looking for a PvP game. The games have very little in common.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
btw, is there a good video series of the basics of mechanics and strategy in the game? A lot I've found are either way too basic and are basically just shit post fake promotional bull shit to get views, or more advanced than I'm really looking for.

Like the folks laughing about how one team doesn't know you can self-heal, or w/e... Well.... I didn't know you could self-heal either. Things like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.