• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Bangalore vs Gibraltar ULTIMATE

Gibralter - Almost instant, hard to avoid in open spaces, hits a large AOE simultaneously, he can use his shield to avoid it

Bangalore - Has a long wind up (rockets come down and then explode in sequence), easy to avoid damage, explodes from A to B so its easy to telegraph, MASSIVE indicators on HUD shows were danger is.

Why would they do this? I have never died to Bangalore ult because its so easy to avoid. I feel like she needs a rework. Having two legends with the same ult, where one is significantly worse, seems lazy to me
Her other abilities make up for it. That's how balance works.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Beefed a top 1 because I can't aim.

I can deal some damage in TF|2 MP but in Apex I think the stress is getting to me and I miss everything

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a single crash since rolling back Nvidia drivers, but I'm not sure when it will be safe to update again.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
Relative to what? Prowler is like bottom of the barrel weapon in this game by most accounts and if youre getting up close with it good luck trying to out dps the peacekeeper or wingman.
when upgraded with mag and fullauto it is 35 mag with second highest ROF in the game just behind AR-99
it can down people in 1 clip ridiculously fast. it will outdps both peacekeeper and wingman

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I think Wraith has an incredibly high skill-ceiling but using her portal in a way that substantially affects the outcome of a fight is not trivial. Getting the hang of her Q and ult range also seems pretty tricky and pretty important. I see people whiff with her all the time because they overestimate how far they can take her stuff. Good Wraiths are very cool to see in action, though

Evan8192

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Personal take on legend tier list below. Keep in mind I don't think any legend is non-viable or terrible.

S Tier: Legends with a uniformly strong kit, no real weaknesses in any of their abilities
  • Wraith: Three excellent, useful abilities, with probably the best passive in the game which means it's impossible to sneak up on her. Invincibility on a 19 second cooldown. High skill ceiling with her ultimate.
  • Lifeline: Again, all three of her abilities are excellent and she has the best ultimate in the game; having purple-tier armor is practically mandatory once you get down to the final 4 teams and Lifeline's ultimate makes sure you have it. Fast rez with a shield, can heal her health AND her shield simultaneously (and faster than other characters), etc.
A Tier: Legends with two very strong abilities in their kit, but with a third ability that is only "ok"
  • Bangalore: Smoke is the best tactical skill in the game, particularly since the current meta favors rushdown and CQC tactics, and her passive is also amazing. If they shoot you ONCE you can pop smoke, passive ultra-dash through and be on top of them in a blink of an eye. Basically S Tier but her ultimate being kind of eh and more of a zoning tool knocks her out of S tier for me.
  • Gibraltar: Extremely useful tactical and ultimate skills that balance defense and offense. His ultimate can literally win games single-handedly when you're down to two teams and the circle is in the open. Like Bangalore he has one skill, his passive, which is only "ok" and that knocks him down to A tier.
B Tier: Legends with a mixed bag of abilities with either no standout abilities or only one really good ability.
  • Bloodhound: Looks amazing on paper but in practice with the way the game plays currently isn't as hot. Wallhacks are great but it's not really usable in combat as it doesn't show where enemies are moving to, and the cooldown is too long for it to be used consistently enough to prevent you being snuck up on, and the range isn't great. Ultimate is the best in this tier with potential team-wipe ability.
  • Mirage: Decoy is amazing and up there with smoke and into the void as the best tacticals in the game. Ultimate is a great get out jail free card but Wraith gets an arguably better version of it on a 19 second cooldown. Passive is utterly useless.
  • Pathfinder: Extremely high skill ceiling with his grapple lets you make some flashy solo plays but it's not super consistent. Ultimate is fun but ziplines to most key locations are already all over the map and it's more of a nice-to-have. Can see the next circle but would be way more useful in a game like PUBG that rewards good bunkering more as opposed to the all-out-aggression of Apex.
Caustic Tier
  • Caustic: Just too situational to be rated other than bottom of the barrel. His passive really should just be intrinsic to his tactical and ultimate and his two active skills require CQC in an urban environment; even then they both a) don't spread far enough b) don't do enough damage and c) also mess up your teammates. Can do some fun stuff if the circle is in buildings very late game, but not much else.

Another thing that I think people dont think about is how good caustic can be at being a "someones following us" warning system. Especially in that one tunnel that goes between river/desert, ill always throw a couple gas traps in there and then as soon as I see my hit triggers ill try and get my squad to set up an ambush on the side we're on if we are still close by.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not exactly a huge revelation that the Prowler doesn't stack up to the two most obviously busted weapons in the game. Prowler with Selectfire is, ime, solid. Absolutely not bottom-of-the-barrel—actually pretty good in comparison to most short-range weapons.
Water is wet but everyone is running the two "most busted guns in the game" so good luck using this in the scenario that poster was talking about. And again most rankings have it in the bottom of all weapons in the game right now. I'd like to see one that doesn't.
when upgraded with mag and fullauto it is 35 mag with second highest ROF in the game just behind AR-99
it can down people in 1 clip ridiculously fast. it will outdps both peacekeeper and wingman
The level of aim it would take to out dps both of those weapons isn't going to be anywhere close to how it actually unfolds. Theres a reason its continuously listed as one of the worst guns in the game and why you don't see any of the pro players running around with it. If it could reliably out dps the other guns, they'd be using it all the time.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. A peacekeeper with a rare attachment and charged up shots doing less damage than a Longbow. How controversial /s

That's like saying the game revolves around 60-mag spitfires, hop-up Triple Takes, Turbocharge Devotion, Precision Choke Wingman or Selectfire Prowlers.
Each of these sweet-spot attachments make good guns better, but the Peacekeeper itself is fine.

It's a scrubkiller and a great weapon for new players. At high level its decent, but not great. If your strafing/movement is on point and you can aim well, then a Peacekeeper is a liability seeing as how you need to pump after each shot. You would 2-shot to the head with a PC Wingman way quicker than killing a spry opponent with a Peacekeeper. It's no Mastiff.

So the game will revolve less around the Peacekeeper as both you and your opponents get better. This includes me btw. I love using the Peacekeeper because I've got potato aim and most opponents I face are potatoes too. But I've been out gunned various times by SMG or R-301 users.

yea,
peacekeeper does nothing against a good squad of 3, especially if you're by yourself. It's def a scrub killer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but do some squads not get smoke trails when they eject from the ship? There are times where we get surprised by a team on the ground when none of us even saw their smoke trails and there were a couple times where I was able to spot teams in the air at the start without smoke trails.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Mirage is definitely my dude, even used some of my crafting parts to get the Bamboozle stat tracker.

My best use was sending it to a supply canister and then blasting the person that chased after it in the back

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain the thread title to me? Every time I see this thread on the front page it makes me cringe. It's like saying "the winner of the game is the team that scores the most points"! On its own the thread title is awful so I'm think it has to have some hidden meaning I don't know about.
Blisk says it at the end of Titanfall 1. It became his catchphrase for Titanfall 2, and he cameos at the end of the trailer for AL.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Pings are for the whole squad regardless of hero.

If you mean the aiming-at-wraith passive thing, you have to press H (on KB&M at least) to notify others that 'someone is watching us' or w/e. There's an on-screen prompt when you can notify others.
Basically what I was told by another player is to not ping enemy locations because it will alert them. I don't believe this to be true.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Water is wet but everyone is running the two "most busted guns in the game" so good luck using this in the scenario that poster was talking about. And again most rankings have it in the bottom of all weapons in the game right now. I'd like to see one that doesn't.

you think Selectfire Prowler is weaker than Moz, P2020, Alternator, RE45, R99, and EVA?

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Won my fist game last night while playing with two randoms with no mics. Got carried for the most part though I did ping a bunch until the last bit where I actually got kills. This might just be the first BR where I do the whole "one more game" but even then I have to move on after a couple games. Best BR I've played yet, that's for sure but man do I want more Titanfall.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I feel like I'm the only person overwhelmed by all the loot. Maybe it's just my lack of playing FPS for quite some time. Trying my best not to overthink it and not switch guns too often but it can feel like I spend all this time looting up and die, repeat.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Just had two wins in a row. One with 6 kills and the other with 7 I think. We were the champions going in to the 2nd round. Felt great. Love this game.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm the only person overwhelmed by all the loot. Maybe it's just my lack of playing FPS for quite some time. Trying my best not to overthink it and not switch guns too often but it can feel like I spend all this time looting up and die, repeat.
I mean sure if you've played under 10-15 games so far. We all didn't know the weapons right away. Some of us have played over a 100 matches now so we are getting familiar with the guns and attachments. It'll come in time.

For your last sentence.... welcome to BR's. That is definitely a thing, spend your whole match looting up, playing passive and just looking for more and more loot, and then your first encounter you die. This will always happen, but the more you play and the more you learn the map and weapons you can definitely minimize it. Get your fav guns early or good enough guns and then start running toward the gun shots you hear in the distance, not away from them.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what's the deal with the airstrike? Me and another guy were in a squad doing really well, we made it to the very end, and then the enemy just calls an airstrike down on top of us and kills us to win the match. Just massive unavoidable explosions. Am I missing something or is this bullshit?

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the deal with the airstrike? Me and another guy were in a squad doing really well, we made it to the very end, and then the enemy just calls an airstrike down on top of us and kills us to win the match. Just massive unavoidable explosions. Am I missing something or is this bullshit?
Definitely a hacker.

/s

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gib's ult

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Basically what I was told by another player is to not ping enemy locations because it will alert them. I don't believe this to be true.
Pings are not shown to enemy. I think Bloodhound's skill might, though -- they may see the expanding orange circle and can triangulate your position. Need confirmation though.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Got my 4th win but was the first one where there wasn't an elite on my team winning it single handed

Jan 4, 2018
So it sounds like we can expect multiple Legends in a few weeks. I think if they release 2 per season with 4 seasons in their first year then they'd double their roster by the start of Year 2 and that's a very healthy rate for content, imo

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
So it sounds like we can expect multiple Legends in a few weeks. I think if they release 2 per season with 4 seasons in their first year then they'd double their roster by the start of Year 2 and that's a very healthy rate for content, imo
They said more than just Legends coming with the seasons, new loot too... whatever that means. Assume new guns and attachments. Maybe new grenade types.

Oct 28, 2017
Won a game at that bridged area north of Bunker. Took the high ground and had pockets full of grenades, flinging them down at the plebs trying to scrabble towards us. Killed them all as they tried to huddle behind the back-end of a truck with a Lifeline drone keeping them going.

Status
Not open for further replies.