• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L.E.D.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow 4 direct shots a foot away is not enough too kill someone with no armor with Eva. Shit is trash gun.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's purely cosmetic from Apex crates, but looks awesome.
It's called an Heirloom item, it's the only one in the game right now but if you get it from a loot box you get the whole set (there's an intro and stuff for it). I think it's "guaranteed" after 500, but basically it's extremely rare.
This is my favourite thing to do, you go so fast, weeeeeeee.
It's very rare, you get it in a lootbox.

dang thats cool

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand this game. 2 shotgun blasts doesn't take down someone with purple armor, fine. But one blast to my blue armor does? Sigh. My only consolation is that they were easy for my squadmate to then take down. Still, kill #2 remains elusive... (at least with a controller on PS4)

We went on to the final 3, but then what happens? Someone's game crashes (or so I assume that's why they suddenly dropped). That didn't help our cause... I think I've learned I can make the final 3 under the right circumstances. But then to win out of those 3 requires one to not suck.

I suck ass at this game.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Just won a match with a legendary Wingman that I got off someone I killed, and all of us on the squad got legendary shields by the end, never seen such great RNG.

taahahmed

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I went from Xbox to PC today and holy shit, it feels like I'm playing with aim bots. Some of you pc guys effing demolish with a mouse/keyboard...

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For people who are new to PC FPS gameplay, personally I think you should shoot for somewhere between 20-50 cm/360 as a good starting point and then branch off from there. Most CSGO and OW players play around 33-36 cm/360. You can do the calculations here:

https://jscalc.io/calc/ugnBLorgk9Dk1zZ4

Just enter your DPI and Apex sensitivity (Apex is a source game, so put it under source sens).

Other than that, find yourself a good lightweight mouse and a good mousepad and you're good to go.

Yeah, a lot of pros actually play on reasonably low sens. They call it sweating for more than one reason; if you move with the attention someone like he does your arm / wrist is gonna get a hell of a workout every game. Most people don't try that hard.

Yeah, the default sens of 5 in apex (along with most "gaming mice" having like 32000 DPI) has peoples sensitivities waaay too high.

btw this is two boards youve taken my name on....

Last edited:

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Me and a friend + rando had better luck when rando was new player -- 2 wins, for one of them it was their third game.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It feels too easy to win compared to other BR games. Doesn't feel like much of an accomplishment.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing better than enemies popping up from a pinged location kill us with shields up the ass in the seconds shooting through a cover we had...

g23

Oct 27, 2017
It feels too easy to win compared to other BR games. Doesn't feel like much of an accomplishment.

I disagree. The competition seems way more tough here especially when all the streamers and wannabe streamers are all giving it their all. This game caters alot more to having twitch reflexes than positioning like pubg which I feel makes it harder. In pubg you can get by hiding in the grass and hoping for a good situation to unfold. Here there's none of that, it's pure intensity throughout the whole match.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
I have a couple of questions about airstrikes. Can you be killed by a friendly airstrike? And how can you tell a difference between a friendly airstrike and an enemy airstrike? Do they both show the explosive indicators?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That's cool. I just got trapped in a corner by a player's box and I couldn't move, it wouldn't even let me jump. So I died.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
tfw you get carried an entire fucking game lmao (I'm Gibraltar)
vSnQqUB.png

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else having lots of game crashes on PS4? I've had 3 or 4 tonight.

Edit: just crashed again on my very next game.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an expert at being carried into the final 3... four games in a row: no kills, make final 3, get destroyed.

Everyone complaining about this game being too easy is going on my permanent ignore list:)

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a couple of questions about airstrikes. Can you be killed by a friendly airstrike? And how can you tell a difference between a friendly airstrike and an enemy airstrike? Do they both show the explosive indicators?

Airstrikes (and arty strikes) have friendly fire. And yes, you see the explosive indicators on both friendly and enemy strikes.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Finally won my first honest win a little while ago.

By honest I mean I actually helped or it wasn't just a clean up job after two other squads were blasting the hell out of each other. It was just me and a Wraith versus them and it just felt so, so good. I was using the G7 Scout(and the Alternator) for most of the match so when the Wraith iced their Kraber wielding guy she pinged it for me and it was on. Sniped a guy through a window and then my Wraith partner basically ran out into the open and dropped her portal to draw the last one out.

I was having a really shitty run for awhile, people who don't ping are the devil, but here it was pure simpatico. Nothing better than seeing those big Kraber-created numbers pop up for the win.

edit: And for anyone who is seeing this and enjoys the game but laments just how completely terrible they are I really hope you stick it out. I was so terrible initially, heck I am still pretty terrible, but you do get better even if it is slowly. I went from someone who on more than one occasion fired many, many bullets and still lost the match having done zero damage to being...well if not a great a shot, at least someone who can consistently put up numbers no matter how meager.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.