• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Ton of players watching Twitch thinking they can be the next Shroud. Then they try to go off solo and get own. I had this one dude, he had 400 kills with Wraith. He was decent, but nothing special. Starting when we dropped, he would just run off and do whatever. Eventually, he bit off more than he could chew and died. By the time me and the other guy caught up, he raged quit.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
A question: Am I really super bad. Or is it genuinly difficult to hit people when you shoot them? On PS4...
I've played since Thursday and my total kill count is like 5...

AYF 001

Oct 28, 2017
You know what I just realized? If Caustic is immune to his own gasses due to his gas mask, then shouldn't Pathfinder not be affected as well, due to its lack of respiratory system? 🤔

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Ok, they seriously need to make the player death "crates" (that have all their items in it) have no collision on them.

I literally just lost a match because one of my team mates died while he was above me sitting on a little clifl perch, then his box ended up right ont op of me and I was unable to move and ended up dying because of it.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I leave immediately when I have no faith on the team doing something, so I don't feel any guilt for doing it.

The 2nd guy I get..but the first? He died nearly instantly, me and the other guy killed all 3 of the squad that killed him, picked his banner up and was like 20secs away from the respawn. If you're going to quit out every time you die, may as well not play til solo is in the game.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Lifeline's passive is kind of weak when it clips through walls and alerts enemies. Bangalore's smoke is so much better to revive teammates under as a result.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you on this one. And because leveling progress gets slower the higher you climb, it feels somehow even worse. And if they really completely stop after a point, it's even worse. I hope they move onto a system similar to OW.

This is legitimately the only thing that's bugging me on the game to be honest. Everything else is ace.
They're probably not gonna do that given it's a f2p game.

...wut

I had no idea mods could change things so much.
There are some weapon-specific mods that change them up like that. Prowler has one that gives it full auto firing.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
I just wish there was a 'retreat' or 'hold your fire' ping. I've seen people try to engage in sniper battles with SMGs :(

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So, the gods of RNG have finally smiled upon me:

sbHKUgz.png

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm referring to when they are maybe 20 feet from ground they do this.

Works easiest if you go up a balloon.

- Before launching, face the direction you want to go
- Then, look straight up and hold W/forward
- When you launch, hold your free look key but keep holding W and staring at the sky
- Use your free look key (normally RMB on PC) to look around and WASD to move around
- "Bounce" off of high altitude areas like canyons and tall buildings and your landing jets will kick in, but because you are looking straight up you will be boosted back into the air a little bit
- If you want to turn, let go of free look and change the direction you're facing for a split second, then look back up at the sky and go back to free look mode while holding W

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
We need a new legend based on Pilots from Titanfall. Call him Pilot, give him wall-run as passive ability, and make his ultimate a guard-mode Titan that has 30 seconds cooldown, similar to how B.O.B. from Overwatch works.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
They're probably not gonna do that given it's a f2p game.
Yeah I'm not holding my breath. Just seems a bit strange to completely kill cosmetic-progress at certain point. You literally can't get any boxes ever again without spending cash. I wish the least they would do is continue with the slower pace indefinitely, not plain 100% stop the progress.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here is the link to the Apex Discord server:

[Hidden content]
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

Just joining the Discord.

Edit: wait, I have no idea how to get that thing to show up.

Edit edit: I'm so dumb

Last edited:

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm not holding my breath. Just seems a bit strange to completely kill cosmetic-progress at certain point. You literally can't get any boxes ever again without spending cash. I wish the least they would do is continue with the slower pace indefinitely, not plain 100% stop the progress.

The Battlepass is supposed to be coming in March. If it has the standard dual Free/Paid pathway that we've seen in other passes, then cosmetic progress won't stop completely. But afaik they haven't detailed how it's going to work just yet.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it really sucks. Like this weekend even people were using the ping system and helping out today I've had multiple instances where people leave before the jump even.

Yeah, we really seemed to reach Fortnite levels of "the match isn't going where I wanted to go for my challenges so I'll just leave altogether to be more time effective". It's a fucking Battle Royale, people are supposed to fight, and yet if you pick the "wrong" location, can't revive in a split second or simply choose the class they wanted, it's time to quit. I'll just never understand this, the whole point of a BR game is adapting to everchanging situations. There are no two matches alike, you're always going to rotate the place you drop, the enemies you find, the loot you get, the classes, the scenarios... everything changes all the time, which makes it far more unpredictable and exciting that regular multiplayer games (I played 1000+ hours of Rocket League, like 2000 between COD multiplayers, etc. so I don't dislike that at all, it's just much more streamlined in a way). Why do people have to leave when not everything is exactly as they planned? There is no challenges to do yet, even, besides the achievements which are still feasible regardless of where you drop, except maybe for the one where you need to pick up a fully equipped gold gun (which you still may be able to do by killing a dude who has one). No idea why such toxic behavious already got so popular here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Dropped my mouse sensitivity to 1.0 (from 1.5) last night and I feel like it made a huge difference. I think I was averaging 3-4 kills per game after the change. I did get some fantastic rando squad mates in the last games too, though.

Ok, they seriously need to make the player death "crates" (that have all their items in it) have no collision on them.

I literally just lost a match because one of my team mates died while he was above me sitting on a little clifl perch, then his box ended up right ont op of me and I was unable to move and ended up dying because of it.

I agree. I've gotten stuck in a room a couple of times due to this. It's an odd oversight considering how polished and well thought out the rest of the game is.

I also wish you didn't have to hold E to open it.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Playing Wraith. Pinned down on all sides in a hut on a hill by three players. They're in good cover working their way up. I've got no grenades to flush em out. No teammates left. I'm severely injured.

I thought: Fuck it.

I went invisible, slid down the hill towards one of the baddies, Mirage. I turned visible just as I slid past him. He panicked and - still sliding - I shot him. Bamboozled!

At the bottom of the hill, I ducked off to the side to heal up. Immediately got shot by a second team turning a corner. 😄

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The battle pass is gonna be the primary progression system for cosmetics, it just isn't out yet.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I am fine with whoever is on my team as long as they ping shit and indicate where they're going. Really all you need to do to be an enjoyable teammate for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.