• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
So, the gods of RNG have finally smiled upon me:

sbHKUgz.png
Please tell me you won the game😔

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about solos, duos or quads. All I want is a Mercenary playlist. I don't have a good team or MLG friends so 90% of my matches I'm stuck with horrible teammates. I'd like to not fight against superorganized teams when that's the case, let everyone play with random peeps.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am fine with whoever is on my team as long as they ping shit and indicate where they're going. Really all you need to do to be an enjoyable teammate for me.

That's always nice, too. But people keep assuming I'm getting partied up with low level players when I go into detail about bad performances from players close to level 30 on characters they clearly have playtime on. Bad games happen, sure. But it's not always the "noobs" playing like shit. Lol.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my first win, and I got the last two kills while my teammates were both down. Just can't beat that feeling of winning a BR game.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
Had a perplexing win tonight where the final circle was at the airbase, I think it was a 2 v 1 (advantage us) and we were pinging a wraith on the other side (on the extended pier) and we were just suddenly crowned champions. I'd like to think we spooked her into sliding off the edge into the water. xD

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well its been a week. Hopefully we will get word from Respawn soon about balance changes, maybe some more details on that battle pass.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I will keep playing, people just suck, I will leave and move on to the next. If they show signs of being decent I stay but most of the time I leave because they have poor thinking.
Don't leave until youre tags can't be picked up or your squad gets wiped. Its obnoxious the number of times I bail my teammates out of a fight, go to grab their tags ans they just leave because they assume I cant win a firefight.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Can you even ever see yourself as the Champion of a match, or do you always see some other squad so everyone gets a chance at the champion slayer bonus?
Because goddamn I've had some stellar wins but never get called Champion the round after. Bums me out lol.

What is the requirement for being Champion, then? Just have a higher score in the round before than anyone joining the new game?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone here effective with Caustic? I'm trying to figure out how to use him correctly but his ult has not been doing that great for me, only my team mates complaining they can't see.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here effective with Caustic? I'm trying to figure out how to use him correctly but his ult has not been doing that great for me, only my team mates complaining they can't see.
Haven't used him, but one really legit thing I've seen is just... leaving his barrel in that mountain corridor area. If it's right around the corner you'll never see it coming.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

He's situational as hell and I've only ever seen him used effectively once. And it was during the final circle where we absolutely had to be in doors. I feel like unless people NEED to come to you, his kit is lame. At least from what I've seen.

Deleted member 2172

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you even ever see yourself as the Champion of a match, or do you always see some other squad so everyone gets a chance at the champion slayer bonus?
Because goddamn I've had some stellar wins but never get called Champion the round after. Bums me out lol.

What is the requirement for being Champion, then? Just have a higher score in the round before than anyone joining the new game?
I think thats just unlucky. Most of my wins I end up being the champion squad in the next. You'll see it yourself when it happens.

Not sure if its a random pick from winners or if its whoever had the highest score + won their last match.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
He's situational as hell and I've only ever seen him used effectively once. And it was during the final circle where we absolutely had to be in doors. I feel like unless people NEED to come to you, his kit is lame. At least from what I've seen.

Yeah, I am getting that feeling too, his gas bags are good to place next to in door doors when you're hiding but shooting them didn't get me anywhere and this ult's probably the best to throw in to windows when there's a squad in side, would have been cool if he himself got to see through the cloud too.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, they seriously need to make the player death "crates" (that have all their items in it) have no collision on them.

I literally just lost a match because one of my team mates died while he was above me sitting on a little clifl perch, then his box ended up right ont op of me and I was unable to move and ended up dying because of it.
This just happened to my friend! xD

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Thanks. So - in this instance - should we expect it unlock legends or anything?
It's possible, it would be a big unlock though, maybe on the last level ? Or they could give out apex coins or whatever they're called at regular intervals. Hard to say for now.

What DPI and in game sens are people learning to?

I seem to have settled on 800 DPI and 3 in game sens.
I'm at 800 DPI and around 2 in game sens (can't remember the exact amount) and I'm still not really comfortable, I might try lowering it a bit again. Or I might just suck at FPS games lol.

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
I'm at 800 DPI and around 2 in game sens (can't remember the exact amount) and I'm still not really comfortable, I might try lowering it a bit again. Or I might just suck at FPS games lol.

I generally suck tbh though I don't do too badly I guess. I have no clue how people play on 400 DPI game feels like I am pulling the mouse through treacle!

Deleted member 2172

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of balance changes? I haven't seen anything too egregious that would warrant one a week removed from launch.
Well I don't know what they would be willing to change but if I could have it my way, I would:
Buff Mozambique magazine size to 4
Caustic teammate gas bombs no longer fuck up your screen
Increase Wraith running speed during tactical ability
Slight buff to default SMG magazine size

In addition:
Report system
Stay as a team system
Fixes to crashing issues

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
If would be awesome if you can pay the next season pass with the earned currency and progression of the previous ones.
Kinda like Fortnite. Probably wont happen tho.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
His traps are more useful as an alarm system. You get hit marker and they turn yellow (can see through walls). When I started using them like this he became a lot more fun.

The damage is pretty negligible and could probably use a buff. It does slow enemies tho so I imagine it's good to run up and attack someone that just tripped one as they scramble to get away. But that's only possible if you're real close to them when they do that.

The area the ult fills is kinda small too. Often fire it indoors thinking it'd fill a room but nah they just find a safe corner. Similar to above strat described above I think it's probably best to be aggressive after using it even though you kinda want the gas to do the work.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how the battle pass is gonna work with new characters. Exclusive to pass holders for a week? After that maybe I can use my in game currency to get them.

Oct 27, 2017
Well I don't know what they would be willing to change but if I could have it my way, I would:
Buff Mozambique magazine size to 4
Caustic teammate gas bombs no longer fuck up your screen
Increase Wraith running speed during tactical ability
Slight buff to default SMG magazine size

In addition:
Report system
Stay as a team system
Fixes to crashing issues

I think that Caustic's gas is friendly fire to balance out teams just hiding in buildings surrounded by gas mines which would make sense. Wraith does not need a buff to her speed when she already is teleporting all over the damn place lol. I do agree there are some glitches and things they need to address though.

Deleted member 2172

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that Caustic's gas is friendly fire to balance out teams just hiding in buildings surrounded by gas mines which would make sense. Wraith does not need a buff to her speed when she already is teleporting all over the damn place lol. I do agree there are some glitches and things they need to address though.
For a team-based game, Caustic currently makes no sense when he fucks over his own team mates with his abilities. They should remove the friendly-fire or change the abilities altogether because it makes no sense right now. Its actually annoying to play with people who use Caustic because all his abilities hinder your own team inside or outside of a building.

Wraith's tactical is a 19 second cooldown, a pretty long cooldown and the fact she can be followed whilst using it means she can easily be destroyed the second she comes out of it. A small buff to her sprint speed during its use (more inline with her speed during her Ultimate) would make sense to help her get out of sticky situations (the entire point of the ability id say)

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
Played my first match today - guy disconnects halfway through and somehow managed to win in the end. Love the pacing compared to Fortnite.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Wraiths Shadow step should not only be faster, the trail shouldn't be as obvious. Gotten the easiest kills on her because I just follow her helpless blue streak and spitfire her.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Wraith Q is fine? I don't think is that easy to see in the heat of the battle and I feel is more of a tactical move to gain advantage between positions or before entering combat rather than a free card to get the hell out of a 1 VS 1 fight when things go wrong.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Mirage is so fun. It took me a while to get used to the controls in Apex (and I still desperately need a seperate slider for sniper sensitivity) but my friends and I have been winning pretty frequently. I wasn't feeling any of the other legends and then I realized that Mirage basically had the Hologram armor ability from Halo: Reach. So I bought him up real quick. It's been a game changer for me. It's SO fun tricking people with his decoys. We got into a lobby today where the champion team had players with hundreds of kills. The first squad we come across I throw out a decoy past a corner and they fall for it. Turns out that it was the champion team, so even people who've put tons of time into Apex already are still susceptible to his decoys.

Also G7 Scout > everything else.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I've turned the corner on Pathfinder. He's like Claptrap if the devs were aware that he sucked, which kinda makes him... awesome?

I'm currently saving up scrap to get the Pathfinder-attacked-by-a-crow banner. It's perfect.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

Early game I play as a trapmaster, leaving gas mines near exits, narrow canyon entrances, rooms once they're looted, etc. He really shines late game in tight corridors.

His ult I've found most helpful in catching an enemy squad lacking indoors and can straight disrupt shootouts. His passive lets you see enemies hit with your gas so try to communicate that as well as you can to teammates and you'll be a great contribution.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Early game I play as a trapmaster, leaving gas mines near exits, narrow canyon entrances, rooms once they're looted, etc. He really shines late game in tight corridors.

His ult I've found most helpful in catching an enemy squad lacking indoors and can straight disrupt shootouts. His passive lets you see enemies hit with your gas so try to communicate that as well as you can to teammates and you'll be a great contribution.

Do the traps go off within proximity of the enemy or just by gun fire? The description isn't really clear what 'triggered" means in this context.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the weapon is some inside joke by the developers to troll players. Like the Klobb in Goldeneye.

Bar the Wingman, the pistols are basically what you use in the beginning in a panic, only till you find better weapons lol.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible, it would be a big unlock though, maybe on the last level ? Or they could give out apex coins or whatever they're called at regular intervals. Hard to say for now.

Cheers!

Yeah Wraiths Shadow step should not only be faster, the trail shouldn't be as obvious. Gotten the easiest kills on her because I just follow her helpless blue streak and spitfire her.

Yeah. With good use of traversal it's perfect for flanking foes who are concentrating on the rest of your team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.