• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I finally spawned in solo with Pathfinder and spent 15 minutes trying to do the advanced grapple stuff. Great fun and was able to out run the first group who found me pretty effectively.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Do the traps go off within proximity of the enemy or just by gun fire? The description isn't really clear what 'triggered" means in this context.
Them touching it makes it go off, I don't know the radius but it's pretty small so you need to really block off a corridor if you want to use it as a warning system.

I would increase the radius if I were Respawn imo.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Mirage is so fun. It took me a while to get used to the controls in Apex (and I still desperately need a seperate slider for sniper sensitivity) but my friends and I have been winning pretty frequently. I wasn't feeling any of the other legends and then I realized that Mirage basically had the Hologram armor ability from Halo: Reach. So I bought him up real quick. It's been a game changer for me. It's SO fun tricking people with his decoys. We got into a lobby today where the champion team had players with hundreds of kills. The first squad we come across I throw out a decoy past a corner and they fall for it. Turns out that it was the champion team, so even people who've put tons of time into Apex already are still susceptible to his decoys.

Also G7 Scout > everything else.

How do you deal with the G7 Scout kickback recoil after 2 shots thou?

It's my only problem with the gun, after 2 shots the accuracy goes to hell

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not really what is happening. If the jumpmaster knows how to dip and level out, they can gain the same speed boost.

How it works is you start slowing down if you're not in a straight up dive. So you dive for half a second or so to build momentum, then level out again. This is also how you can jump to the far off landing zones on the complete opposite sides of the map.

Yup. Tried it again yesterday evening and you were right.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Some thoughts:

- Bullets and grenades should travel through portals
- Kicking doors open should one-shot enemies and send them flying
- I need dual wielding in my life.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
How do you deal with the G7 Scout kickback recoil after 2 shots thou?

It's my only problem with the gun, after 2 shots the accuracy goes to hell
I haven't really noticed the kickback. I have more trouble controlling the full-auto weapons in the game. I usually just space out my shots a bit. And when I'm in close quarters I use hip fire or I switch to a different gun. Hip fire with the G7 seems really good. I've melted quite a few people up close.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Play with randoms - get at least top 3.
Play with friends - they're really the worst and squad wipes to 2 enemy players at the first drop

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Man, I played this game Sunday and Monday on PC and I suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck at it, lmao

I think the combination of fast movement and high time to kill makes it pretty hard for me to kill someone, since you have to hit your shots consistently while they are jumping/sliding/running and if they have a level 2 or 3 armor, you have to hit a lot of shots.

I can help a little bit with the abilities and use the ping system but outside of that I'm pretty useless, lol

I have to play a lot more to get used to the game

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
So I will be able to unlock a new legend today.
From what I understand Caustic is more of a troll legend more than capable in closee quarters but useless in long range.
While Mirage has great utility and is very versatile...

Am I missing something if I see Mirage as the clear first choice?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand Caustic is more of a troll legend more than capable in closee quarters but useless in long range.

Mirage is useful in about any fight. Caustic is a bit more context-specific and only really works in close areas, but it can be devastating. A "hidden" use of its canisters is the fact you can place them in key areas so when a hitmarker appears, someone set off your trap so it's a bit of a recon function too. If you love Bloodhound's recon abilities, you can work Caustic around it, and similarly the ultimate can generate some multikills, but mainly in an enclosed area. Mirage is much easier to use though, as in any battle that one single fake clone of yours can make the enemy lose focus of you for that split second that may decide who goes down first. Both are fun classes overall.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018

Well depends on your playstyle, Mirage has great utility with his decoy. But his passive is kinda meh.
His Ultimate while good, takes a while to activate and you can still be hit in the crossfire (you're invisible, not invincible)

I would choose Caustic more, his overall kit just makes more of a difference for me, especially late game in small circles.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
tfw you get carried an entire fucking game lmao (I'm Gibraltar)
vSnQqUB.png
Were you AFK?

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I pinged a level three shield for a random multiple times but he would rather stay with his level one shit for the entire match...smh

Dremo

Oct 27, 2017
People having crashes, try setting texture streaming to high or lower. My gpu is 1070, should have 8gb of vram so thought I could set texture streaming to 8gb.

Every second match ended in a crash until I changed the setting to lower and have had zero crashes since.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I pinged a level three shield for a random multiple times but he would rather stay with his level one shit for the entire match...smh

Sometimes you gotta talk to them directly for them to notice. I just straight up order them to grab the item I'm pinging in text chat sometimes lol.

"lifeline, grab the accelerant! take and use every single one you come across"

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
so yesterday playing as caustic i picked up a gun (dont remember which maybe it was the p90 looking one) and when i ads i got my view obstructed by something, it was like an object was clipping through. has someone had something similar happen? of course i lost the first 1v1 on that match, i couldnt see anything.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I haven't really noticed the kickback. I have more trouble controlling the full-auto weapons in the game. I usually just space out my shots a bit. And when I'm in close quarters I use hip fire or I switch to a different gun. Hip fire with the G7 seems really good. I've melted quite a few people up close.

Huh, I gotta keep trying the G7 I guess... The kickback at mid range is killing this weapon for me I can't control recoil when everyone has recoilless weapons being shot at me

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Join my first match during my lunch break. My two teammates take off elsewhere in the last seconds. I die due to someone getting a weapon quicker. Both my teammates aren't that far but proceed to ignore my banner anyway.

Randoms are practically unplayable nowadays.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017

Yup, basically Mirage is just more useful in a variety of situation while Caustic is very situational but he his great when those situations are met. I have both characters and went with Mirage first and I don't regret it.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

You can do smart plays with mirage such as using the clone to "fake loot" a crate or even a clone crouching moving towards the enemy so you can flank.

At the end of the day it's one of those characters who will only trick new players thou

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I've 100% had games where I've killed someone but it awards it to my friends, not that it matters I guess it's just a number.

I assume something fucky is going on but also that the person who downs a person gets it, not kills a person?
I mean, I shot someone 2 times with a sniper, friend downs him with the last shot, I run over and execute the person and that game I got 0 kills, should be shared in my opinion.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
We have no idea what it's gonna look like, do we? If it's gonna come with a whole bunch of quests to fullfill like in Fortnite I'm out. I really don't want to feel forced to play again.

This is the exact stuff I do want. I mean, I'm enjoying the shit out of the game already and will probably keep playing for quite a while, but I'd love to have optional missions and tasks to complete for loot/credits/something.

I've 100% had games where I've killed someone but it awards it to my friends, not that it matters I guess it's just a number.

I assume something fucky is going on but also that the person who downs a person gets it, not kills a person?
I mean, I shot someone 2 times with a sniper, friend downs him with the last shot, I run over and execute the person and that game I got 0 kills, should be shared in my opinion.

The one who downs the enemy gets the kill. If you got a kill for eliminating a downed enemy, you can bet some people would make that their first priority, even in the middle of a battle.

No system is perfect, but this is, in my opinion, easily the best way to do it.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Battle pass is fine.You are not "forced" to play.

I know noone's pointing a gun at my head to play. I just feel that weird obligation to complete quests because I wouldn't get my money's worth if I didn't, if that makes sense.

That is exactly how it works. I know it can be frustrating, but at least the game has a "Damage done" statistic so I can shut up my killstealer buddies.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
You get a pack every 2nd level from that point. Still get the 600 red creds every level.

This is honestly pretty pathetic given how many skins and other shit there is to unlock. I thought one pack per level was slow enough as it is. Biggest issue with the game isn't the game play itself but the rate of credit they give compared to how much items cost to craft.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
So Shroud was talking last night that the competition from today does not really pit the streamers against each other, it's just a competition to see who destroys randoms better during that time. That is pretty disappointing, I've been watching that same thing the whole week already.

Mirage is SO good. The hologram is on a short ~15s cooldown and enemies that shoot it get their position marked. It's got so much utility--you can use it to scout, to divert from a flank, to escape, etc.
Wait a second, shooting an hologram shows the player to the enemy? What kind of mark and for how long?

Lol this is a damn funny idea

This game!

Wonder how the battle pass is gonna work with new characters. Exclusive to pass holders for a week? After that maybe I can use my in game currency to get them.
Legends are separate, not part of the battlepass.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
I was goofing around in the tutorial and I managed to kill myself lol. But this game needs a firing/test range so you can experiment with guns/legends.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
At the end of the day it's one of those characters who will only trick new players thou
Not really. There's no clear indication that you're seeing a decoy unless you literally witnessed the Mirage sending it out. Even if you KNOW that you're looking at a real player and a decoy, your attention is still split. Just a moment's hesitation can lose you a gun battle.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Am I right in that the enemy team can see Bloodhound's orange pulse when searching for enemies?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This is the exact stuff I do want. I mean, I'm enjoying the shit out of the game already and will probably keep playing for quite a while, but I'd love to have optional missions and tasks to complete for loot/credits/something.
Yeah I love stuff like that and it's why I'm looking forward to the pass. I just hope it's stuff that is kinda easy to achieve for the fun of it just by playing for a while, I'm not looking for hard challenges like getting 3k damage in a match.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
And the best part is hes not a complete shithead like a lot of other streamers on top of it. PLus the games he streams have always appealed to me a lot more. So happy to have a BR game that isn't dependent on building platforms thats gained mass appeal.
Haha, it's kind of annoying how Shroud will complain about EVERYTHING whenever he tries a new game though. He has no patience at all. When he first started playing Siege he was trashing the game because he had to learn the maps. Then he learned the maps and everything was fine and dandy. It's the same song and dance with every new game he plays. It sucks until he learns how to play it. Then it's fine.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another match, my teammates don't wait for me while I loot. Both get killed. One of them quits almost immediately while I am risking my life to save his ass. The other doesn't quit so I save him. We try and ninja in the final circles but he starts shooting at the ground so a team of 3 sees us and attacks us.

Honestly I am getting sick and tired of the players I am encountering as random teammates. I need to play like a dozen matches to find 2 that aren't idiots. And mind, I am not talking about newcomers. I carried newcomers to the win when they were smart enough to stick together and not do stupid shit. This was not the case lately. It was awesome the first days.

Hopefully Respawn implements some penalty to those who leave like this. Of course the game has to be crash-free first, and it wouldn't solve the teammates being dumb, but it would be a start.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the battle pass, I really hope it has no esoteric or game changing challenges. I just want to play the game and earn stuff, I don't want teammates screwing around in the match with a Mozambique because something in the battle pass needed them to.

Am I right in that the enemy team can see Bloodhound's orange pulse when searching for enemies?
Yes.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
So Shroud was talking last night that the competition from today does not really pit the streamers against each other, it's just a competition to see who destroys randoms better during that time. That is pretty disappointing, I've been watching that same thing the whole week already.
Yeah, while the gameplay part feels complete everything outside of that is quite barebones and they clearly don't have a way of queuing people against each other yet. Hopefully having them all playing at once will mean they face each other sometimes.

Also Dr Disrespect is quite good at the wrestling showboating thing so it should be more entertaining than a normal stream

Status
Not open for further replies.