• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Cannot decide who to stick with, I suppose I will just play them all. I wish there was a universal kill count I could display on the banner.

Gib, Bloodhound and Wraith are the three I have been playing the most so far.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I love stuff like that and it's why I'm looking forward to the pass. I just hope it's stuff that is kinda easy to achieve for the fun of it just by playing for a while, I'm not looking for hard challenges like getting 3k damage in a match.

I'm hoping for both! A bunch of easy to finish tasks and then a handful of difficulty ones to work towards. Something like 3k damage in a match might be a bit too much lol, but something along those lines.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Another match, my teammates don't wait for me while I loot. Both get killed. One of them quits almost immediately while I am risking my life to save his ass. The other doesn't quit so I save him. We try and ninja in the final circles but he starts shooting at the ground so a team of 3 sees us and attacks us.

Honestly I am getting sick and tired of the players I am encountering as random teammates. I need to play like a dozen matches to find 2 that aren't idiots. And mind, I am not talking about newcomers. I carried newcomers to the win when they were smart enough to stick together and not do stupid shit. This was not the case lately. It was awesome the first days.

Hopefully Respawn implements some penalty to those who leave like this. Of course the game has to be crash-free first, and it wouldn't solve the teammates being dumb, but it would be a start.

25 million players, can't all be legends :D

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope all challenges only make you play normally, without having to do random shit like on Fortnite where you have to shoot discs, ring doorbells, use specific weapons, etc.. Finish in the top 5 x times. Land in 5 different locations. Glide for 2 miles total. Kill enemies in 5 different matches. Players should be encouraged to keep looking at the game as a battle royale, not as a checklist of unrelated objectives, quitting as soon as you got them. I'll probably quit the game if that is what they do, I can't stand how 80 people out of 100 only care about challenges in Fortnite so they die/quit in the first 5 minutes, and I'd rather not see this here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I just hope all challenges only make you play normally, without having to do random shit like on Fortnite where you have to shoot discs, ring doorbells, use specific weapons, etc.. Finish in the top 5 x times. Land in 5 different locations. Glide for 2 miles total. Kill enemies in 5 different matches. Players should be encouraged to keep looking at the game as a battle royale, not as a checklist of unrelated objectives, quitting as soon as you got them. I'll probably quit the game if that is what they do, I can't stand how 80 people out of 100 only care about challenges in Fortnite so they die/quit in the first 5 minutes, and I'd rather not see this here.

I seriously doubt the devs at Respawn would be, well, dumb enough to introduce a bunch of random tasks like this, considering how much thought has gone into making it easy to play as a team, even with randos. We'll see, of course.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just played with a Lifeline who didn't heal us once or use her ult all game. I admit, she could shoot but in the end it cost us because I kept having to use stims to stay alive and she was too gung-ho. Like, what excuse do you have for not using pressing LB all game?

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Another match, my teammates don't wait for me while I loot. Both get killed. One of them quits almost immediately while I am risking my life to save his ass. The other doesn't quit so I save him. We try and ninja in the final circles but he starts shooting at the ground so a team of 3 sees us and attacks us.

Honestly I am getting sick and tired of the players I am encountering as random teammates.
Are you on PC? I'm baddy who can listen.

Just played with a Lifeline who didn't heal us once or use her ult all game. I admit, she could shoot but in the end it cost us because I kept having to use stims to stay alive and she was too gung-ho. Like, what excuse do you have for not using pressing LB all game?
What do you mean LB. Lifeline is just my favourite skin.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Source was ported to iOS - Valve has DOTA 2 & Artifact running on an iPad already
Didn't they say that getting a world to work on source at this scale was the greatest technical challenge of the project? Are we sure that that's something phones are ready for? Who am I kidding. Phones can run damn near anything today.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Didn't they say that getting a world to work on source at this scale was the greatest technical challenge of the project? Are we sure that that's something phones are ready for? Who am I kidding. Phones can run damn near anything today.

Yeah, phone CPUs are better that console CPUs at this point. If Razer is serious about their Xbox iPhone Controller things for 2020, mobile Apex Legends will be super viable.

Oct 27, 2017
Won my 4th match by myself today. Jump in with 2 randoms with one kid leaving immediately because he went for the loot ship and got killed and started screaming for us to Rez him. The 2nd guy gets about halfway through the game and just randomly disconnects so now it's me vs. like 30+ people. I make my way to the Watchtower South and managed to pick up a Peacekeeper with the Mod and all hell breaks loose. Squads start coming left and right fighting each other and I'm just running and killing and dodging before I pick up a Mastiff from a care package. Hide out in the last ring and pick off a Wraith with my G7 right as a Gibraltar busts through the door with a Spitfire and shield. I run away and hide behind a box in another room and blast him in the back with the Mastiff which is a one hit down and I win. I love this game lol.

Teh Radge

Oct 31, 2017
Something to bear in mind when you respawn someone is that they come back with no items at all. If there are none lying around in nearby crates, the least you can do is offer them your second weapon.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
he went for the loot ship and got killed and started screaming for us to Rez him.
lmao just enjoy the salt.
giphy.gif

Grats on your sick solo win, guy.
Something to bear in mind when you respawn someone is that they come back with no items at all. If there are none lying around in nearby crates, the least you can do is offer them your second weapon.
Also, lifeline respawns with her heal on cooldown.

So she has to wait a minute before she can help you.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Tried this a few times. I really don't get the hype for battle royal, collecting items for 5+ minutes then shooting for 15 seconds. But seems like people who are into it are really into it which is always good.

I'll be passing though I think. Can't really get into this game mode in general across all the games that feature it.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Lifeline's drone needs to be portable, I keep using it beside an injured person who then runs away from it no matter how much I ping it.

Had 2 kills that were not awarded, but it's ok as it led to my first championship.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be passing though I think. Can't really get into this game mode in general across all the games that feature it.
You just need to play enough to get over the hump of always losing your first team fight, and have the courage and faith in your team to drop reliably in relatively hot zones. That way, you ALWAYS end up with interesting situations right off the bat, and either you have a fun fight and lose, or you have a fun fight, win, and are well kitted for the rest of the game. I understand the feelings about trudging aroudn the map for 10 minutes then dying suddenly. There is a game beyond that.
Lifeline's drone needs to be portable, I keep using it beside an injured person who then runs away from it no matter how much I ping it.

Had 2 kills that were not awarded, but it's ok as it led to my first championship.
My understanding is the person responsible for the knockdown is the one who gets kill credit, regardless of who lands the kb. And ultimately, that's not a problem with Lifeline's drone. That's a PEBKAC issue.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Tried this a few times. I really don't get the hype for battle royal, collecting items for 5+ minutes then shooting for 15 seconds. But seems like people who are into it are really into it which is always good.

I really don't get why people are unable to realise that a game or game mode isn't for them without being deliberately reductive.

Surely you understand the people enjoying the game aren't typically dying within 15 seconds of getting geared. It's like me saying I don't get why people enjoy Celeste when all you do is jump around for a bit and die.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get why people are unable to realise that a game or game mode isn't for them without being deliberately reductive.

Surely you understand the people enjoying the game aren't typically dying within 15 seconds of getting geared.
It's not an unfair take for many people's early experiences, and scrambling to collect loot over and over for 5 minutes before losing your first team fight was my first several hours with this game, basically.
get 10 kills with mozambique in one game
You have a perfectly good melee button fyi

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It's not an unfair take for many people's early experiences, and scrambling to collect loot over and over for 5 minutes before losing your first team fight was my first several hours with this game, basically.
Sure, it's one thing to not enjoy something when you're new and learning but it's bizarre to me to then say the equivalent of 'I don't get how people enjoy this' before a reductive statement. It's not hard to understand how others can enjoy something you yourself aren't without framing it in dumb way.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, it's one thing to not enjoy something when you're new and learning but it's bizarre to me to then say the equivalent of 'I don't get how people enjoy this' before a reductive statement. It's not hard to understand how others can enjoy something you yourself aren't without framing it in dumb way.
Chalk it up to frustration and bitterness, and don't take it personally. :P

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Chalk it up to frustration and bitterness, and don't take it personally. :P
Chalk my response up to the same honestly mate lol, just irritatable I think. Bad morning and stuck on a delayed train for two hours for a 45m meeting to then travel two hours back after. Cheers for the pause Static.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Chalk my response up to the same honestly mate lol, just irritatable I think. Bad morning and stuck on a delayed train for two hours for a 45m meeting to then travel two hours back after. Cheers for the pause Static.
Sorry to hear that dude, hope the rest of your day is less unpleasantly eventful.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Sorry to hear that dude, hope the rest of your day is less unpleasantly eventful.
Appreciate that dude, thanks. Just looking forward to getting home and playing Apex. Have the theme stuck in my head and can't stop thinking of last nights plays lol. Hope you have a good day.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

You can force fights immediately in Apex, that's why there are high tier loot zone and a hot zone

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
You just need to play enough to get over the hump of always losing your first team fight, and have the courage and faith in your team to drop reliably in relatively hot zones. That way, you ALWAYS end up with interesting situations right off the bat, and either you have a fun fight and lose, or you have a fun fight, win, and are well kitted for the rest of the game. I understand the feelings about trudging aroudn the map for 10 minutes then dying suddenly. There is a game beyond that.

Yeah definitely, just like in any game. In general though I mean that quite literally, the battle royal game modes don't do it for me. After trying the big ones, none of them have that appeal that makes me want to keep going at it. While there is always that hump to get over, theres gotta be a small hook to want to get over it, and for me that does not exist in these games is all. Even here after getting a handful of kills, relatively fun engagements and situations, my mind does not like everything else that surrounded that is all. I'd rather jump into a deathmatch/team deathmatch I guess.

Also not exactly a fan of competitive shooters overall lol so thats not helping.

Surely you understand the people enjoying the game aren't typically dying within 15 seconds of getting geared. .

of course, which is why I said its not for me. No reason to read into what I said. Just admitting im not into it overall.

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Join my first match during my lunch break. My two teammates take off elsewhere in the last seconds. I die due to someone getting a weapon quicker. Both my teammates aren't that far but proceed to ignore my banner anyway.

Randoms are practically unplayable nowadays.

That's unlucky. I find most fandoms to be pleasant and have their heads screwed on. Some even share loot!

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
So, what does it mean when "A Nessy Appears" comes up in the killfeed? I seen it was asked on Reddit as well, kinda weird.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So, what does it mean when "A Nessy Appears" comes up in the killfeed? I seen it was asked on Reddit as well, kinda weird.

A dev replied saying we where onto something, but nothing more. Somebody in comments said that they datamined that there is 10 little lochness dolls on map and that pops up when you shoot one.

Don't know if something happens if all 10 are shot or if it's leading to something.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually managed to kill somebody with a Mozambique during the early game yesterday

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I played this for the first time yesterday and I quite enjoyed it. I never got in to Fortnite but I did play 2-4 hours of PUBG back when it released. Other than that never got in to the genre but this game just feels way more fun to play. I also only played with ransoms and other than 1 match my teammates were extremely helpful and basically carried my sorry ass the whole way. Three different squads I was on with randoms got 2nd place even though I only ever had 1 or 2 kills. And this was with nobody using mics even.

Will play more today, I have this craving for more. I have to get some friends on board and I could see this being my thing for a good while.

Oct 30, 2017
Played with a buddy of mine for a few matches last night. Nearly every game ended up as just the 2 of us because the 3rd would split off on launch and get mauled in a hot zone. Placed in the top 5 in every match. Haven't actually won a match yet but still have a hard time putting the game down.

Also, I noticed that there are a finite number of drones scattered around the map that drop high-tier loot when you destroy them. (they look like the little robots that explode when you open Apex packs). Thought that was pretty neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.