• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 54091

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 23, 2019
I think I got something rare..

unknown.png

congrats

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game plays a lot like a first person gears of war. I feel like everyone is getting better at this everyday while I'm stuck on the same level. Hooked on this.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Some really garbage players on PC today. Haven't had a full squad the entire time I've been playing. These kids leave as soon as they're downed, which is usually within a few minutes, then I end up having to fight my way to the end-game alone, only to inevitably get triple teamed for 2nd-3rd place. Probably because it's Saturday.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this is some real hardcore gamer shit. Wander around for however long, experience Instantaneous permadeath, start all over again.

This learning curve is like walking into a brick wall.

I guess I see why the genre is so popular with the youngins with nothing but time.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this is some real hardcore gamer shit. Wander around for however long, experience Instantaneous permadeath, start all over again.

I guess I see why the genre is so popular with the youngins with nothing but time.

Yeah, this is also my first battle royale and it's been a real "No, it's the children who are wrong" moment for me. I just don't get it. I'm officially old.

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I like how this thread has become a reflection of my Apex Legends experience. Highs and lows, with very little in-between.

We have people posting hugely impressive performances and then we have people tearing into random teammates like they stole their pets. And that's about it.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Not sure what learning curve there really is outside of knowing the guns/attachments and the unique player skills.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spitfire at close range.
Spitfire at mid range.
Then I sprint towards enemies if they're far. And repeat.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lmao, i won using the R-45 for all four of my kills
idk what the hell got into me to make me use that of all things

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see people are starting to pick up on the fact that the Spitfire is a total beast once it's kitted up a little

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah? Last night I had one team member tell the either not to res me because I "suck". Still not as bad as fortnite, I think.
My friend and I had a guy this evening who started bitching as soon as we got into the game because he'd already decided that we sucked due to our stat board(we were playing characters we hadn't played much). Laughably his wasn't much to shout about either with his stats. He decided to land the other side of the map, only to eventually join back up with us when we wiped a team out. At some point he did eventually die and then rage quit not allowing himself to be re-spawned complaining again how much we suck.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Just managed to go from starting the match with one gun that was out of bullets, teammates dead, and enemies all around us, to winning the game. I got to tell you it was pretty stressful.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
had a guy tonight go "Can I have Wraith? Please please please please please please please please please please" as I picked her, then go "wow, thanks for BEING SO GENEROUS" and immediately quit when we loaded into the game

playing this game exposes me to a genre of person that I would literally never encounter otherwise

who...ARE they

Redowl

Oct 30, 2017
New York City
My friend and I had a guy this evening who started bitching as soon as we got into the game because he'd already decided that we sucked due to our stat board(we were playing characters we hadn't played much). Laughably his wasn't much to shout about either with his stats. He decided to land the other side of the map, only to eventually join back up with us when we wiped a team out. At some point he did eventually die and then rage quit not allowing himself to be re-spawned complaining again how much we suck.
lol that's funny. Sadly, I wasn't that good at Fortnite and not that good at this. I've pretty much given up Fortnite and don't know if I'll stay with Apex Legends.

nomster

Oct 27, 2017
Does it seem like the rando game has gotten a lot better? I'm regularly teaming with people who ping or use mics

Redowl

Oct 30, 2017
New York City
had a guy tonight go "Can I have Wraith? Please please please please please please please please please please" as I picked her, then go "wow, thanks for BEING SO GENEROUS" and immediately quit when we loaded into the game

playing this game exposes me to a genre of person that I would literally never encounter otherwise

who...ARE they
That's pretty sad. It sounds like you've had your share of negativity in this game. I had a taste of it last night. Ughh.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Just had a match where I teamed w/ a two-stack we got down to the final few teams and mid-fight I crash straight to desktop with no error. :/

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

who...ARE they

My guess? They're dis-associated ex-Overwatch players who mained Hanzo before Hanzo was OP.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I've had a couple people quit but to be honest I am not entirely sure it is not just crashes, nothing indicated they were angry and it seemed to be mid fight. The community on Oceanic / Australian PC seems to be pretty damn good.

I don't know if they have been posted yet, I did not see them scrolling through. I thought they were really cool.
User /a_wild_tee_appears on Reddit made them:

Last edited:

benj

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty sad. It sounds like you've had your share of negativity in this game. I had a taste of it last night. Ughh.
I'm more bemused than anything because it's fine if a game goes sideways right away, and because I've never pubbed a game with voice chat in my life, but if they introduce MMR I think I'll have to really only ever play this game with friends. Having to actually have a vested interest in whether my teammates actually try to play the game could kill the fun REAL fast

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
lol that's funny. Sadly, I wasn't that good at Fortnite and not that good at this. I've pretty much given up Fortnite and don't know if I'll stay with Apex Legends.
Wouldn't say I'm great at either but I think Apex is probably going to be easier to get better at. Everyone can build so well in fortnite these days that it's rather tough.
Does it seem like the rando game has gotten a lot better? I'm regularly teaming with people who ping or use mics
I dunno I still find it's completely pot luck. Sometimes you'll get great team players, and other times you get stuck with someone who just wants to solo.
I've had a couple people quit but to be honest I am not entirely sure it is not just crashes, nothing indicated they were angry and it seemed to be mid fight. The community on Oceanic / Australian PC seems to be pretty damn good.
I always assume crashes. I've had countless crashes at this point when we've been close to winning, and it just sucks. You feel like you've let the team down but you just can't help it since loads of people are getting them and it's so random.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Just passive played my way to second. My two squad mates got killed within a minute and I was solo.

Avoided any confrontation and got to the final 2 squads.

Not the most fun game but still intense.

malcolmx

Banned
May 20, 2018
Had a guy say if you choose Lifeline I'm leaving this game as I was already choosing her. I chose her..once the game started he said that's it I'm quitting. WTH?!

How do you mute people? I feel like when I started the game choosing to convert audio to text muted people automatically but not anymore??

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Had a guy say if you choose Lifeline I'm leaving this game as I was already choosing her. I chose her..once the game started he said that's it I'm quitting. WTH?!

How do you mute people? I feel like when I started the game choosing to convert audio to text muted people automatically but not anymore??
On the inventory screen there's a tab for squad with some buttons to mute iirc.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

From the squad screen. I believe it is at the top of the screen when you enter inventory.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Had a weird thing earlier tonight where I couldn't switch guns. My R301 ran out of ammo so I tried to switch to my Wingman, and nothing happened. I kept looking at my HUD to make sure I was pressing the right button and I was. I eventually got it to work after I reloaded my R301, which makes me wonder if it was some weird animation cancel thing (like I instinctively tried to reload and then tried to switch a split second later) and that's what caused it, but it stayed like that for several seconds.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised that there's no side by side size/height comparisons, at least from quick searches of Google and Reddit.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just died to someone who was shooting me with a peacekeeper while downed. Anybody encounter this?

Why isn't there a report system in this game?

Edit: I guess it's a glitch, not a hack? What the actual fuck? Why not have an honor rule at least while this exists? Don't be such a douche.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I am in a game where I'm stuck in a loop where after landing on the ship, it said return to battle and never went away. After dying to that ticking down, every time I get respawn we I instantly die upon landing.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
cant wait for duos, 3 man squads with randoms are just unplayable.
1 guy always dies, and then you meet 3 man squad and its just game over.
every damn time.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand damage in this game sometimes.

Full health, full level 3 armor, level 2 helm, and I get dropped in 3 hits? Why even bother with armor? Yeah, I would have just died in 1 hit without it, but it's not like those two extra hits give me enough time do anything anyway. Super frustrating sometimes.

/salty

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I did this dude so fucking dirty with the close-range Triple Take that I wish I could send him the clip, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.