• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
love to be having a great game solo with good randoms only for a quick freeze and ctd with no error message or explanation!

Oct 26, 2017
I really find it amazing that the quality of randoms gets worse every time I play. People just have no gamoe sense.

An enemy spotted ping isn't a 'shoot from 500m with an r99 right now', how the fuck are you level 90 you moron?
I'm sometimes afraid to ping enemies way in the distance because I know deep down my teammates will start shooting at them for no good reason.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Man, why the FUCK does this game crash so much? I had like 5 game crashes ever with my PS4 since launch until this game. I've had it crash maybe 10-15 times? It's either at the start of the match or when I'm in the final 3. Such a bummer.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
> die early
> random admits over mic he was texting instead of watching team
> both teammates loot instead of heading to respawn beacon in opposite direction
> "Leave Match"
In this case yes, quit and let them rot. I'm against quitting as soon as you die but in this situation quitting is the least you need to do!

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
CHEATERS

As of today we've banned over 355K players on PC through Easy-Anti-Cheat. The service works but the fight against cheaters is an ongoing war that we'll need to continue to adapt to and be very vigilant about fighting. We take cheating very seriously and care deeply about the health of Apex Legends for all players.

We are working on improvements to combat cheaters and we're going to have to be pretty secretive about our plans. Cheaters are crafty and we don't want them to see us coming. With that said, we can share some high levels things we're doing:

• We are reaching out and working directly with experts, both within and outside of EA, in this area that we can learn from.
  • Scaling up our anti-cheat team so we have more dedicated resources.
  • We are adding a report feature on PC to report cheaters in game that goes directly to Easy-Anti-Cheat.

SPAMMERS DURING CHARACTER SELECT

We are very aware of the cases of players spamming during character select and the drop and then disconnecting shortly after. We're keeping a lot of our strategy close to the chest so offenders don't have time to build workarounds before we implement changes. Solutions won't happen right away but we're on it.

CRASHES

Next week AMD will be at the studio and just like we did with Nvidia visit, we'll be working together to improve stability and performance on PC. In the next client patch on PC we will be addressing some of the known crashes, but there will still be work to do as we haven't nailed down all crashes yet. In Season 1 we'll be adding improved reporting that should help us in identifying and squashing more PC crash issues.

I've seen it shared here but in case anyone missed it, Nvidia has released a driver update for RTX users that have been experiencing the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG crash specifically for GeForce RTX cards and we're continuing to work with Nvidia to improve performance and stability.

RECONNECT FEATURE?

We've heard the suggestions from you folks asking for a reconnect to match feature. We are currently not pursuing this for a couple reasons:

1. It opens a lot of risk for players to abuse it.
  2. We believe the resources needed to build, test, and release it are better spent focused on fixing stability issues so that the feature isn't necessary.

SLOW SERVER PERFORMANCE AT THE START OF MATCHES

We've seen these reports and are narrowing down causes and making improvements. If this could be fixed by spending money on faster/more servers we would do it, but unfortunately there is no silver bullet on this one. We're just rolling up our sleeves and digging in. We'll keep you updated on any progress we make.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, NA. Prepare yourselves, the chinese are coming.

man, these hackers are no Joke. Just made a video of one in my last game....I was susp as hell as to how he was so quick to headshot me down, I had to "observe" him, and low and behold....this guy was super hacking. dude was going for Mendo's kill record almost lol.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
man, these hackers are no Joke. Just made a video of one in my last game....I was susp as hell as to how he was so quick to headshot me down, I had to "observe" him, and low and behold....this guy was super hacking. dude was going for Mendo's kill record almost lol.

Lol it doesn't get much more blatant than that. I've been killed by some pretty absurdly snappy and accurate headshots a couple of times too, wouldn't be surprised if they were cheaters.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting stuff. There's few (legal) things in life more disgusting than cheating in an online video game: you earn nothing from it when it's so damn obvious, just those 5 seconds of anonymous fame and then get banned like you deserve. Imagine needing to cheat in an online videogame in order to have some satisfaction in life.

Makes it funny to look back at the posts claiming nobody hacks, if you die it's always down to skill, etc.. Guess the hundreds of thousands of banned people on PC alone mean shit. Looking at the big numbers, even assuming ALL cheaters got found and banned, that means you're bound to encounter a cheater every match or two. It's insane. Takes away so much of the enjoyment when half the deaths you have you gotta wonder whether the opponent was legit or not.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is probably the funniest shit I've done or seen in this game. I sat there laughing for a good minute then trapped them with gas.

e: still laughing

Last edited:

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017

He seems to stop cheating right at the end and promptly gets killed in an embarrassing fashion, while also shooting blindly at a door haha

iosa

Oct 27, 2017
Toulouse, France
Well I got carried to my first win. Both of my teammates had 2000+ kills with their legend and so I was most of the time trying to keep up with them. but I still managed a couple of kills and 500+ damage while being down for a third of the game.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
HgpnrNd0nbMAEJtV6c2oUGYBWIreFSzdMCM3dkb_g5s.png

Pretty accurate.

Kotoko

Attempting to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some resetera member named AaronMT joins me on discord, plays two matches, then leaves and removes me on friends list. I'm hurt.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
I hope they release the battlepass on the 15th, and tweet out today "Beware the Ides of March..."

Yes, I'm bored while I'm at work unable to play :(

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Only thing to counter hackers is to find out it early in the game, see if the banner have some numbers like 1000 headshots + 500 kills or something and/or if you see somone dominate in killfeed ungodly amount.
Then the best bet is to listen and see killfeed and try to know where he is at what times
When you are about to fight him, probably in the last top3 teams, find some place with lots of building or cover and try to out smart him with grenades and stuff.

Thats how it works in every game with cheaters, cheaters are terrible players, you just have to outsmart them.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Hackers are a very real thing on PC, but definitely not the case on X1. You may see a few KB/M players who have an advantage on the X1, but that's really it.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
What if they buffed melee to 35 damage? 4 hits to down someone is an eternity especially if they pick up a gun. I've been downed so many times midswing.

Also whenever they get a gun it's an automatic weapon and when I get one first it's a pistol with no ammo. :P

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What if they buffed melee to 35 damage? 4 hits to down someone is an eternity especially if they pick up a gun. I've been downed so many times midswing.

Also whenever they get a gun it's an automatic weapon and when I get one first it's a pistol with no ammo.

Dunno about that, the very least they have to remove the auto aim and lunge from melee then.
Its already very strong because of those 2 things, its hard to hit people who "warp" around when they melee spam you.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a hilarious 4D chess win last weekend, should have clipped it. It all went down South at Water Treatment. Our team didn't encounter anybody until the top 3 so we were decently looted up and all of us were alive. We rush into the building as two other teams are already duking it out. When I enter from East somebody shoots at me from behind. There's this room with the rope going up and the water below, so I hop on the rope, but immediately jump down and hide instead. Guy thinks he's following me but I damage him greatly as I run to a different building instead now. One of our teammates goes down. I enter another building from South and manage to down a guy who was busy shooting someone else. I leave him be and move towards the middle. Bit more battling goes down, it's ultimately us two against an unclear amount of enemies, not more than two as the guy I downed died in the meantime. There's a guy on one of the glassed corridors on the upper floor, I act like I don't see him and run a different corridor, then turn back and shoot him. He retreats to heal up, I push forward, but he damages me hard so this time it's me retreating. Another exchance of bullets, another bit of healing up, when I retreat I hide in a corner. Guy follows me but goes down the stairs thinking that's where I went, I manage to shoot him again but still not dead, but I need to patch up again, too. While I'm healing up, my teammate was waiting below the stairs and finished off the guy.

Should have clipped it, it was pretty fun and tense. We won the match with 2 kills.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Well, they stealth released the game. So I should imagine any battlepass could potentially be a video with a 'available now' at the end.

I appear to be getting half decent randoms today. They can't shoot for shit, but they're doing their best to revive, run away from danger and ping enemies/weapons, which is all I want. I don't want pros, I just want players with common sense.

I've enjoyed it today.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

This is so fucking pathetic. What a loser. It also speaks volumes when you have 7+ spectators watching you before you STOP cheating at the end. That dude probably is using a burner account though since he only had 50 kills on it with default banners and skins. I figure if he averages 20+ kills a game, that must be an alt account. Ban his ass!!!

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I will never understand hackers. It's the equivalent of winning the Olympics 400m track event but you get to participate on a motorcycle.

Do you think they celebrate at the end when they win?

It's weird as fuck.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I will never understand hackers. It's the equivalent of winning the Olympics 400m track event but you get to participate on a motorcycle.

It's weird as fuck.

They mostly do it to ruin other peoples fun, not to make themself feel good for winning.

benj

Oct 27, 2017

"like a bitch", huh?

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017

It's weird as fuck.

I got squadded with 2 guys who tried to kill us all by landing in the ocean.

I managed to land just on the edge of the land while they both plundged to their deaths

But instead of DCing, they both hung around for like 10 minutes screaming into the mic and pinging like mad at everything. Im sure they were both using macros to be super dickheads

I just muted them and kept playing since they were so annoyed

But it pissed me off 😑

ShiftyRat

Oct 27, 2017
Was this Lifeline using some sort of warp/strafe hack or were they just lagging a huge amount? I hit them at least 3 times with the Mastiff and I still lost the battle.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Also whenever they get a gun it's an automatic weapon and when I get one first it's a pistol with no ammo. :P
Nah. Melee shouldn't be something thats easy to pull off and compared to some other BR games isn't all that long anyway. 4 hits is fine.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Its amazing how bad this player is. Like you can just tell by him not realizing to heal in several situations, taking the balloon jump right into a cliff, forgetting to fucking reload and almost losing a 1 v 1 when youre hacking, etc. Fucking PATHETIC.

And still no info about Battle Pass? Maybe the rumored march 12 was not true.
giphy.gif

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't had one good match today... I kinda want to stop playing this game, a lot of the teammates you get suck out most of the fun out of it.

the_korben

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't had one good match today... I kinda want to stop playing this game, a lot of the teammates you get suck out most of the fun out of it.

And the worst thing is that it's a two-way street. I'm not the best player and it's very disheartening for people who play 6 hours a day to call you "useless" or "stupid" or much, much worse, even though you honestly and simply try to get better.

Without ranked or other trainig modes, both good players who are very eager to win and mediocre players who are still getting to grips are ruining each other's game ...

Status
Not open for further replies.