• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Datamined upcoming legends (concept art & incomplete models)

c8a9ehhorjl21.png

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Got the achievement for equipping a fully kitted weapon finally; it was the wingman of all weapons! That thing is unstoppable with 12 bullets per reload.

I find when my squad comes across a pro wraith who's godly with the wingman we just have zero chance. Crazy damage, full movement ADS, very good range, pretty damn huge clip when you get an extended mag. I don't know how you win against this, lol.

I, on the other hand, am very bad with that weapon. I think I'm over estimating the bullet drop.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I find when my squad comes across a pro wraith who's godly with the wingman we just have zero chance. Crazy damage, full movement ADS, very good range, pretty damn huge clip when you get an extended mag. I don't know how you win against this, lol.

I, on the other hand, am very bad with that weapon. I think I'm over estimating the bullet drop.
Probably since that thing has virtually no bullet drop (unless the patch changed that). Then range on the wingman is insane.

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one who is so awkward and shy that even when I find a great group of randoms online and they send a friend request, I feel too awkward to accept? Like...that is too much pressure. What if I accept and we play more, and I do terrible?

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one who is so awkward and shy that even when I find a great group of randoms online and they send a friend request, I feel too awkward to accept? Like...that is too much pressure. What if I accept and we play more, and I do terrible?

You say good game, describe the strategy you're using and how you're getting better at it.

Finally level 100, ready for that battlepass.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of times I'm having people either leave or crash out of games today is extremely frustrating.

Combined with the increasing crazy lag at the start of matches, they need to fix the stability of this game fast or it's going to die.

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Playing with a full squad in the evening/night is brutal. Feels like everyone is a pro gamer aim botter.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm starting to appreciate playing with randoms. Kinda back and forth on it tbh. From what I've heard, it matches you with other randoms and not squads. So at least you won't be going against full teams of sweaties lmaoo.

When I'm with a premade, we can win, but it seems harder I dunno.

Speaking of randoms:
61v2byucall21.jpg

I actually did this the other day just to see how my team would react. I was mirage too. They were tripping hahaha.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
will today finally be the day

respawn pls

The leak from the 1st week of the game where a housemate of a Respawn employee posted a picture of the new legend also said that the battlepass is coming today. It lines up with the Titanfall 5th anniversary and it is Tuesday - the most likely day for a major update to be released as it gives the team the rest of the week to fix any bugs. Also BFV Battle Royale is coming March 28 so EA will want that Battlepass out ASAP.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The real battle pass was the friends we've made along the way.

Cue all randoms are bad rant.

But really, tonight actually panned out nicely with randoms. Started slow, but I just finished a 3 1/2 hour sesh and won close to 10 matches. Couple hard losses in the top 3 but bounced back with a different random. Ended up with the best MM in a LONG time. Expecting to go back to way things were tomorrow tho.

People keep asking if hip fire is viable. Yes. Yes it is. Love out gunning the opposing Mastiff with your own Mastiff.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cue all randoms are bad rant.

But really, tonight actually panned out nicely with randoms. Started slow, but I just finished a 3 1/2 hour sesh and won close to 10 matches. Couple hard losses in the top 3 but bounced back with a different random. Ended up with the best MM in a LONG time. Expecting to go back to way things were tomorrow tho.

People keep asking if hip fire is viable. Yes. Yes it is. Love out gunning the opposing Mastiff with your own Mastiff.

Sweet. I also had a decent night with randoms, but it was honestly more down to me. I spent like 2 hours watching funny Apex clips, and those were mostly from PC players, so while I'm on Xbox I did get a bit of inspiration for a more aggressive, in your face playstyle. It's been working out well. Got a win on my first match, and had another where I'd been melting entire teams on my own, reviving my buddies every single time. Unfortunately it wasn't the case in the final battle as my buddies went down and I was 1v3 in a choke point, but I was still satisfied. I gotta play more like this, for sure, other BR games condititioned me into a different style that does pay off here as well, but less.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet. I also had a decent night with randoms, but it was honestly more down to me. I spent like 2 hours watching funny Apex clips, and those were mostly from PC players, so while I'm on Xbox I did get a bit of inspiration for a more aggressive, in your face playstyle. It's been working out well. Got a win on my first match, and had another where I'd been melting entire teams on my own, reviving my buddies every single time. Unfortunately it wasn't the case in the final battle as my buddies went down and I was 1v3 in a choke point, but I was still satisfied. I gotta play more like this, for sure, other BR games condititioned me into a different style that does pay off here as well, but less.

Nice. Yeah it's been said time and time again that aggressive playing is rewarded and I love getting paired up with randoms who understand that. My last W of the night we all had around 1400 across the board. Just hitting every spot we hear gunfire. It's so easy to wreck shop with the current meta of Wraith / Life / Bang (swap in bloodhound for one).

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Bangalor smoke double kill.

Also goes to show how pinpoint the audio design is as I shot that based on the sound of the gunfire.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Yeah it's been said time and time again that aggressive playing is rewarded and I love getting paired up with randoms who understand that. My last W of the night we all had around 1400 across the board. Just hitting every spot we hear gunfire. It's so easy to wreck shop with the current meta of Wraith / Life / Bang (swap in bloodhound for one).

A lot depends on the randoms you get but also the weapons. R-301 is a weapon I used every now and then, yesterday however it went so damn well with my more aggressive approach that it was ridiculous: I just aimed a guy, shot for a bit, downed. Almost no chance for a fight by them. I still find it difficult to keep that rhythm consistently and to have it all work around as a lot depends on teammates, but I feel like I'm finding new enjoyment in the game with this. I've been aggressive before, mind, but something just clicked and it feels like I'm winning more fights by daring more, instead of retreating to heal every time I'm being shot first for example. All the time on PUBG (low TTK, easy to get picked out from a distance), Fortnite (turtling as soon as being shot), Blackout (every weapon is a laser and relatively low TTK means shooting first usually means kill), or even regular COD (superlow TTK) conditioned me to a different playstyle that I'm slowly managing to lose in Apex. It was hilarious how my new approach landed me two 1v3 squad wipes on like my 2nd match.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So. I found out tonight that branches block your gunfire. I know my shit should've hit for both shots. Were they dead center? Naw, but I know some pellets should've registered. Is this surprising that trees block for you? Not really. It's hilarious that something so skinny saved him from my first few pellets tho.

But branches and geometry could very well be your downfall. Watch out for branches Era.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So. I found out tonight that branches block your gunfire. I know my shit should've hit for both shots. Were they dead center? Naw, but I know some pellets should've registered. Is this surprising that trees block for you? Not really. It's hilarious that something so skinny saved him from my first few pellets tho.

But branches and geometry could very well be your downfall. Watch out for branches Era.

Drop me a PM, I just realized you're also on Xbox. Think we could do good together.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A lot depends on the randoms you get but also the weapons. R-301 is a weapon I used every now and then, yesterday however it went so damn well with my more aggressive approach that it was ridiculous: I just aimed a guy, shot for a bit, downed. Almost no chance for a fight by them. I still find it difficult to keep that rhythm consistently and to have it all work around as a lot depends on teammates, but I feel like I'm finding new enjoyment in the game with this. I've been aggressive before, mind, but something just clicked and it feels like I'm winning more fights by daring more, instead of retreating to heal every time I'm being shot first for example. All the time on PUBG (low TTK, easy to get picked out from a distance), Fortnite (turtling as soon as being shot), Blackout (every weapon is a laser and relatively low TTK means shooting first usually means kill), or even regular COD (superlow TTK) conditioned me to a different playstyle that I'm slowly managing to lose in Apex. It was hilarious how my new approach landed me two 1v3 squad wipes on like my 2nd match.

It takes awhile to get used to trying to rewire your playstyle but it's so worth it. To be fair tho, I've always played my shooters with that same aggressive attitude. I'll go passive here and there, but I'm in that match just to test myself how high can I go. And I feel it's worked out for me fairly often through all the shooters I've played online.

Drop me a PM, I just realized you're also on Xbox. Think we could do good together.

Cool I'll add you. Me and Deception (Fortnite thread and here) try to party up when we have slots so it'd be cool if we got an Era 3. We'll try to get you used to that rushing lol.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It takes awhile to get used to trying to rewire your playstyle but it's so worth it. To be fair tho, I've always played my shooters with that same aggressive attitude. I'll go passive here and there, but I'm in that match just to test myself how high can I go. And I feel it's worked out for me fairly often through all the shooters I've played online.

Cool I'll add you. Me and Deception (Fortnite thread and here) try to party up when we have slots so it'd be cool if we got an Era 3. We'll try to get you used to that rushing lol.

Cool, added you, looking forward for some matches :) I often appear offline when playing but don't hesitate to drop me an invite every now and then when you're on, I'll definitely join if it's feasible for me.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had a match where a guy actually stayed to see if I'd revive him while I was squabbin with 5 other players. Ended up surviving with 5 kills to boot and I managed to snag the revive.

We died 20 seconds later but still

It's the principal of a guy just chillin hoping you'll pull through for the team. It's cool when that happens and it tends to happen with the newer players...

Wish more randoms had that mindset. Just B E L I E V E

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just had a game this morning with the most loot greedy player I've ever seen.

Jumping on every deathbox as soon as it appears while me and the other guy were fighting off enemies. Cleaning out nearby loot bins while I'm using the respawn beacon and diving on care packages the second they land.

Was really hard work. Luckily the other guy I was with was decent, and he revived me a couple of times and pinged loot for me.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Had some fun games last night. We ended in the bunker with me as Wraith, 3 of us locked in a room while 2 other teams duke it out down the long corridor/stairway. I managed to get a portal up and ran out, letting us all escape. Another game ended with a mass firefight around 1 building, ended up being around 9 death boxes inside. Was crazy but a good laugh. Wasn't even mad I didn't get any wins.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't think its coming this week tbh.

They might do a suprise release like the game? Dunno.
To be fair and somewhat critical, when it comes to a game like Apex, I don't think radio silence is a good thing to practice when they have players with 20+ days on it and millions of others.

If Respawn expects for people to follow, they need to keep people who are investing time into this game in the loop, otherwise they're going to get frustrated. I understand that there are hundreds of gears that need to move at the same time at once, and it takes time to make sure things go smoothly on releases, but it seems that F2P gamers are treating these types of games like mid-long term market investments.

Could today be the day? Battle Pass day? Is it finally happening?

Feel like the game is due something to spice things up.
Sadly, I have about 10 days played. A lot of those days were made when it first launched, but I've stopped playing the game as much because it just feels empty. I'm Level 100, stopped getting Apex packs (I've only spent $10, I'm not spending anymore), winning in the game is easy now because of how easy it is to read the patterns of the map's areas, as well as loot patterns with Pit, Swamp, and others.

It really feels like rinse-repeat. The champion leaks are looking good because that's seriously what this game needs, as well as more interesting weapons and maybe some in game events.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They surprise released that game and said season 1 march. Since no one knew about the game and they could have released it at any point, why not chose a time period where the content is ready to drop? I guess I don't get teasing a battle pass and then no news from community manager.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair and somewhat critical, when it comes to a game like Apex, I don't think radio silence is a good thing to practice when they have players with 20+ days on it and millions of others.

If Respawn expects for people to follow, they need to keep people who are investing time into this game in the loop, otherwise they're going to get frustrated.

I agree. Communication is key for a BR GaaS game, and it currently feels lacking. I know they post on Reddit but I think more official comms via their own website would be more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.