• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
This is fucking hilarious if its true. How they could be so oblivious...like at least preface this that it wont be the battlepass so people dont get pissed (and then also give a date which shouldn't be hard to do at this point)
I can see it both ways.

On the one hand, the devs have never talked about releasing anything on March 12th. Their official channels like Twitter don't even mention this stream happening as of yet. Just because we all want it to happen, doesn't mean it is going to/should, and everyone's hype is based on nothing they have actually come out and said. If they feel the need to respond to every rumour, it gets complicated pretty quickly in terms of setting expectations to always respond to rumours.

On the other hand, yeah, they've clearly seen the rumours and had fun poking at them in the past with a developer's reddit post. It's always good to set expectations so that people don't start tuning out of these streams out of frustration

That said, I think the reality is somewhere in the middle. My expectation is that this stream isn't going to be *just* a stream and giveaways. Because of the focus on Caustic, and because Caustic is one of the biggest problem characters right now (and has been identified as getting buffs), this may be showing off those balance changes for future release, or for immediate release. Or maybe they just play with him and talk about how things will soon be different.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If that stream is nothing than some random gameplay and giveaway its gonna be a big mess :D

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They have to know all eyes are on them. They know these leaks(?) have been surfacing since the beginning of the month. Hoping for a bamboozle but if there's no info today at all then sad hours ahead.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
This stream seems very highly produced to just be showing "random gameplay."

At a minimum I think this will address potential balance changes and the best case scenario is the formal battle pass announcement, IMO.

Stream is two UK based EA employees playing the game. I retract my previous statement.

For what it's worth, the Origin landing page has been updated to show Octane.
https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegend...rigin_landing_page_for_apex_legends_has_been/

They pulled that within about 15 minutes.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the stream seems like a bad idea, the chat is a nightmare lol. Nobody is paying attention to the stream, it's just people clamoring for the pass.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
D5MRP6Kl.png

More teasing? Or just blatant unawareness and they're talking just about their giveaways

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Doc doing a sponsored Divsion 2 stream today. Idk the length of the sponsored stream, but either the check was cut months ago before Apex was even a thing, or BP isn't coming today. I doubt he'd book today for a different game if he knew it was dropping, and I imagine the streamers are in the loop.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
dont see how when no one at respawn has said anything. people are doing this to themselves

They know that their community is thirsty for updates and they must know that the rumour was that we were getting battlepass today.

They could have either delayed this live stream a day or two or at least released a little update on their Twitter or something explaining that this video is unrelated and battlepass news will be coming soon.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They know that their community is thirsty for updates and they must know that the rumour was that we were getting battlepass today.

They could have either delayed this live stream a day or two or at least released a little update on their Twitter or something explaining that this video is unrelated and battlepass news will be coming soon.
and they've stated they would share info when they could. this past week has been people setting themselves up for disappointment because they're choosing to believe "insiders" or "leakers" and not waiting on official word.

this isn't a respawn stream, it's an ea (uk!) stream and it sounds like its a regular thing for the hosts. people are latching onto every little thing and taking it as some confirmation.

just wait.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
There's a startupcommand string that's going around reddit which gives you the origin access 1000 credits without actually signing up....gonna laugh when this ends up delaying the BP because all these people would be getting it for free essentially

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
and they've stated they would share info when they could. this past week has been people setting themselves up for disappointment because they're choosing to believe "insiders" or "leakers" and not waiting on official word.

this isn't a respawn stream, it's an ea (uk!) stream and it sounds like its a regular thing for the hosts. people are latching onto every little thing and taking it as some confirmation.

just wait.
At this point they've got a pissed off Community. It needs to be addressed.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
It always amazes me that a lot of folks expectations targeted at Respawn is so intense.

The game was FREE, and it's only been out for over a month, some people really need to get a grip. I get it, you want more content, we all do but just go and play something else or do something else in the meantime if you're getting bored with the game. No-one has a gun pointed at your end forcing you to play it at the end of the day.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
jayfresh said:
Hey Friends,

So between the datamining and the unintentional update about Season 1 on Origin today, there's been a lot of speculation and confusion so we wanted to give some clarity:

• We'll be providing details on Season 1, Battle Pass, and the next Legend very soon. It's not coming out today.
  • There's lots of stuff that has been datamined from Apex since launch and is swirling around the Internet. We know this stuff is fun to dig up and speculate about, but you should not treat any of that info as a source of truth. There's stuff in there that is very old, or things we've tried in the past and cut--remember our design process is to prototype and play lots of ideas--and some of it may be things we're still building for Apex Legends. Finding this stuff by no means confirms that it'll ever come out. At best you should treat any posts about this as a rumor and the real info will come from us when we're ready to show off what's coming next.
Thank you to everyone for staying patient through this and hang tight. We're excited to get Season 1 kicked off and having you grinding on that Battle Pass with a new Legend to master soon.

Spoilers:

Reddit is mad.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
From Respawn via Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/b0bl2s/some_clarity_around_datamining_and_season_1/

"Hey Friends,

So between the datamining and the unintentional update about Season 1 on Origin today, there's been a lot of speculation and confusion so we wanted to give some clarity:

We'll be providing details on Season 1, Battle Pass, and the next Legend very soon. It's not coming out today.

There's lots of stuff that has been datamined from Apex since launch and is swirling around the Internet. We know this stuff is fun to dig up and speculate about, but you should not treat any of that info as a source of truth. There's stuff in there that is very old, or things we've tried in the past and cut--remember our design process is to prototype and play lots of ideas--and some of it may be things we're still building for Apex Legends. Finding this stuff by no means confirms that it'll ever come out. At best you should treat any posts about this as a rumor and the real info will come from us when we're ready to show off what's coming next.

Thank you to everyone for staying patient through this and hang tight. We're excited to get Season 1 kicked off and having you grinding on that Battle Pass with a new Legend to master soon."

That's all they had to say to save so many the speculation.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
It always amazes me that a lot of folks expectations targeted at Respawn is so intense.

The game was FREE, and it's only been out for over a month, some people really need to get a grip. I get it, you want more content, we all do but just go and play something else or do something else in the meantime if you're getting bored with the game. No-one has a gun pointed at your end forcing you to play it at the end of the day.
I understand and agree with this, but you gotta understand that the BR genre has a different level of expectations for communication and updating and transparency because of how Epic has run things with Fortnite. A lot of the vocal audience has only been playing that for years now and when all of a sudden a game comes along that they view as competing with FN, they're going to come to it with a lot of the same expectations as they did with FN, both in and outside the game

Also it's a lot of kids lmao

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
no pass? pepehands

I should probably not say this but I give hints: console + aiming. Thats not good enough proof me thinks.
nah its less to do with "console + aiming" and more to do with the fact that the guy that was shooting at him is just legit awful. he was literally standing still looking away and didnt get hit

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I should probably not say this but I give hints: console + aiming. Thats not good enough proof me thinks.
nah its less to do with "console + aiming" and more to do with the fact that the guy that was shooting at him is just legit awful. he was literally standing still looking away and didnt get hit

That was in jest, just thought it was a funny moment from a bad player.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Hey Friends,

• We'll be providing details on Season 1, Battle Pass, and the next Legend very soon. It's not coming out today.
  • There's lots of stuff that has been datamined from Apex since launch and is swirling around the Internet. We know this stuff is fun to dig up and speculate about, but you should not treat any of that info as a source of truth. There's stuff in there that is very old, or things we've tried in the past and cut--remember our design process is to prototype and play lots of ideas--and some of it may be things we're still building for Apex Legends. Finding this stuff by no means confirms that it'll ever come out. At best you should treat any posts about this as a rumor and the real info will come from us when we're ready to show off what's coming next.
Thank you to everyone for staying patient through this and hang tight. We're excited to get Season 1 kicked off and having you grinding on that Battle Pass with a new Legend to master soon.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Got my first winning kill last night...playing Gibraltar (I'm a scrub who only knows how to play Lifeline). Two of the seven kills I have with that character came from me surviving a 2-on-1 with both of my teammates knocked.

Please clap.

Status
Not open for further replies.