• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
looks like there's something rubbish with how the xbox does updates:

steam - 7gb (!!!)
playstation - 20gb- ish
xbox - 48gb

I have the feeling the Xbox version is downloading all the HD textures once again, as it tells me I can play the game after having downloaded 20Go of the update, but in-game, it's telling me it's downloading the HD textures pack for improved visuals.

I wish I could select what I want to install, like, I would trash all the HD textures for all the skins I don't use.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I probably won't be able to play the update until tonight, but are they doing that thing where we can only play on King's Canyon for a week again?

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I launched the game earlier to look at stuff and use the firing range for a moment but I'm working right now... any impressions on Fuse/3030/KC from those that are playing?

I got the sense in the firing range that the 3030 is like a slower-to-maneuver wingman with way less bulletdrop. It seems like a great alternative to the wingman, which the game really needed IMO. How far off am I?

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Some notes on Repeater:
-Ballistics seem close to Scout.
-DPS is terrible when shooting at same rate of fire as Longbow. You probably want to spam as fast as possible or aim fully charged shots.
-Headshot damage is lower than Longbow (without skullpiercer) even at full charge.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Some notes on Repeater:
-Ballistics seem close to Scout.
-DPS is terrible when shooting at same rate of fire as Longbow. You probably want to spam as fast as possible or aim fully charged shots.
-Headshot damage is lower than Longbow (without skullpiercer) even at full charge.
This kinda begs the question...why not just use a Longbow with a 1x; 2x sight?

Oct 27, 2020
Got a few games in, and early impressions are feeling good. I fell off hard once Season 7 released (played since 3, and started to feel a little burned out during 6) but the changes to King's Canyon, my favourite map, may have gotten me back in. Fighting in the well designed new areas is exciting, and the 30-30 repeater feels great to use.

Is it possible to get an invite to the Era Apex club? Playing with randoms who disconnect and go off on their own are reminding me why I burned out in the first place.

Oct 31, 2017
Good to know that they didn't cut 100 coins from the battle pass. And moving 100 to free tier for completion is actually a great move on their part, so that's definitely a good thing.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
30-30 Repeater, on paper, seems a bit underpowered? The DPS just isn't there, the mag size is tiny to start, and the charging mechanic is good for your first shot, but probably not worth it when you're spamming rounds at a moving target. In terms of mid-range, I'd take it over the Longbow because I can't hit shit with the Longbow but I'd take the Scout or an Avil'd R301 or Flatline over it easy.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
30-30 Repeater, on paper, seems a bit underpowered? The DPS just isn't there, the mag size is tiny to start, and the charging mechanic is good for your first shot, but probably not worth it when you're spamming rounds at a moving target. In terms of mid-range, I'd take it over the Longbow because I can't hit shit with the Longbow but I'd take the Scout or an Avil'd R301 or Flatline over it easy.

It feels like it sits in a good spot actually. Stronger option in the early game than the Scout or a full fledged Sniper rifle but it doesn't replace the efficacy at range of a full fledged Sniper in the mid or late game. But it's still pretty dang effective at harassing a squad at mid to long ranges without leaving you low on ammo for short ranged engagements.

Like.. when you're running two fully automatic weapons or a fully auto and a shotgun... harassing a squad at distance runs the risk of running you low on ammo that you'll need for engagements that might take place in more consistent ranges.

Basically it's really good at poking and easier to swap out for a Flatline or Spitfire if you want to. I feel like it's more dependable and effective than a Hemlock. At least for me.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
OhJxeVg.jpg

Well that was a nice first game for Fuse, lol.

On paper he seems incredibly strong, I was harassing the last few teams by busting their doors off from super far away.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
OhJxeVg.jpg

Well that was a nice first game for Fuse, lol.

On paper he seems incredibly strong, I was harassing the last few teams by busting their doors off from super far away.
He seems like he synergizes well with Bangalore.

Blow down doors and then smoke them. Enemies can't push through, seems like a great delay tactic.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Not seeing much of a reason to pick up the 30-30 over a Flatline and just waiting for Anvils. Faster single-shot TTK, more versatile with full-auto. Maybe a different story if they cycle Anvils out in the future.

In any case, it's looking like mid-range play will have a place in the meta this season and I'm here for it.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017

I'm surprised it's launching mid-season, but here is more info from the link if people are concerned.

"since we're launching a few weeks after the start of Season 8, Switch players will be granted 30 free levels for their Season 8 Battle Pass. For the first two weeks after launch, playing on Switch will also earn you double XP."

One notable omission from the press release is cross-progression. They better get that figured out soon. It's going to significantly limit who wants to play on Switch.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
for christ's sake, season 8 and still footstep audio problems. Literally sprinted on by a SILENT ulted Bloodhound.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Legends, it is time to move to OT3:
www.resetera.com

Apex Legends |OT3| Season 18: Revenant Revised Remixed Reloaded OT

- SEASON 8 GAMEPLAY TRAILER - Genre: Hero based Battle Royale Download Size: 31.66 GB (Xbox One), 23.01 GB (PS4), 22 GB (PC) Developer: Respawn Entertainment Publisher: Electronic Arts Release Date: February 4th, 2019 Price: Free-to-Play* (*cosmetic items acquired through in-game or paid...

Status
Not open for further replies.