• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I was well on my way to my first 10+ kill game. We land in Skulltown first weapon I get is a peacekeeper, precision choke a few feet away, teammate down, run to area they fell, other teammate down, two guys there, headshot knocked down, other guy starts firing, body shot, headshot, finished him, their teamate runs over, headshot, shield broke,he runs, which is fine since I had no shield, crap another team, I run, BODYSHIELD LVL 2! grab it, flip around, headshot first member of team 2, killed, body shot, body shot, knocked down number two, random guy shows headshot, killed, one of the other members of the other teams shows up, body shot, shield broke, start getting cocky because I've got six kills waiting within the first three minutes of the game... and mistook someone crouching for downed, run past and they headshot me, squad eliminated. Kick myself for getting cocky lol.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game has to be one of if not the poorest supported live service games Ive ever played. Since launch the same god damn bugs have been in this game and it seems its only gotten worse over time. Between that and the poor balance updates (pathfinder hit box is still hilarious), content updates, and season 1, I just am shocked a game with this much potential has relentlessly squandered it. How is the drop ship still fucking glitched beyond belief at this point?

Then I get revived

"this time it will be different" wraith says I immediately am killed due to this glitch upon revival. My teammates revive me a SECOND time, and as soon as I dropped the timer popped right back up and killed me in 25 seconds for being "out of bounds" with no chance to be picked up, just insta killed me for the third time for no other reason than being a broken game. Apex had all the potential in the world, its such a fucking shame that apparently respawn's biggest hit isn't being cared for as seriously as it warrants.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game has to be one of if not the poorest supported live service games Ive ever played. Since launch the same god damn bugs have been in this game and it seems its only gotten worse over time. Between that and the poor balance updates (pathfinder hit box is still hilarious), content updates, and season 1, I just am shocked a game with this much potential has relentlessly squandered it. How is the drop ship still fucking glitched beyond belief at this point?

Then I get revived

"this time it will be different" wraith says I immediately am killed due to this glitch upon revival. My teammates revive me a SECOND time, and as soon as I dropped the timer popped right back up and killed me in 25 seconds for being "out of bounds" with no chance to be picked up, just insta killed me for the third time for no other reason than being a broken game. Apex had all the potential in the world, its such a fucking shame that apparently respawn's biggest hit isn't being cared for as seriously as it warrants.

I wouldn't say poorest but yes the Pathfinder hitbox is horseshit still.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love me some needless jank, so I consider that glitch just funny.
Dont get me wrong, Wraith stating "things will be different this time" only to hit the ground and immediately die to the same glitch is humor that isnt lost on me. Its hilarious. But at the same time everytime I play this game now I feel like every couple of games just waste my time with glitches, poor loot drops, random teammates who quit because there STILL isnt a quitting penalty worth a damn in a TEAM based shooter with no option to solo, etc. I just dont understand how you let a game with that much hype squander away from popularity like they have while allowing bugs that have been in the game since day 1 to continue pervading the game what, 4-5 months in? Blows my mind.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is a huge experience gap between searching solo and going with a buddy or full squad. I feel your solo pain, lucky to have the mates I squad with a bit over half the time.

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I absolutely love the commentary of random players.

We land at the bridge area (can't remember the name) I get no weapon, someone right beside me starts firing, I punch, and then realize I'm fucked with no shield beeline for the edge with rope, pick up a body shield, drop down he follows, he was using a wingman so i'm bouncing around kicking uppercutting, while that's going on one of my teammates laughs and says "Shit,ThundaMnky is beating the shit out of that guy." The Wingman was mine shortly after lol For all of the legit faults... I still effing love this game.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a possibility that the routing of the game is dependent on the language setting? It may be my imagination, but when I use German as a language, more hits seem to connect compared to English (I am in Austria).

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
There is a huge experience gap between searching solo and going with a buddy or full squad. I feel your solo pain, lucky to have the mates I squad with a bit over half the time.
The general belief is (and I don't know if this has ever been confirmed) that matchmaking will try and put full squads with full squads, and solos/twosomes with other solos/twosomes.

Could be a placebo but I always feel like I have an easier time going off in a game when I'm only playing with one friend instead of a full squad

Oct 25, 2017
Not my night. Best round was 2nd place and two kills. Don't know if I'm just not feeling it, or up against much better players.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017

S8UlWeh.gif

Heel

Oct 25, 2017

This just appeared in-game.

Lore wise, I'm guessing the new character Crypto hacks the Repulsor, disabling it and allowing all the dinosaurs to inhabit the island for Season 2.

Maybe new character mid-season, or just lore building for the Season 3 character? Interesting.

Jun 12, 2018
So glad I finally stopped using the Spitfire, have won so many more late game encounters now. Definitely a noob trap item imo, doesn't do enough dmg to compete with the the 301s and r99s that everyone is carrying.

Speaking of competing with the 301 and r99, boy do I love the prowler with selectfire. Never thought I'd see a day where I'd drop a spitfire for a prowler, yet here I am.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Spitfire would be good if small hitbox characters didn't really exist in this game. But they do. The ROF just makes it not good enough against ADADing wraiths. That's why the R99 is so good, it doesn't matter that they dance about so much because you're firing so much shit their way anyway.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I still think a Spitfire player is a good asset for a coordinated team, even post-patch.

The magazine size allows for a lot of sustained damage in a mid/close team fight without needing to reload. You just have to think as the enemy as a whole, be willing to play to its strengths and be the guy who is often just softening the enemy team's health and calling the weakest targets.

Kind of hard to explain, but a lot of the time Apex is about the dance between reloads and a Spitfire player can exploit it.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Any gun that sacrifices movement for accuracy is at a disadvantage due to the movement speed and the ability to accurately strafe.
Guns like the Spitfire, Longbow and Scout are effective at medium-long range but the second the fights shift to close quarters towards end-game then you are going to be at a disadvantage.

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

This just appeared in-game.

Lore wise, I'm guessing the new character Crypto hacks the Repulsor, disabling it and allowing all the dinosaurs to inhabit the island for Season 2.

Maybe new character mid-season, or just lore building for the Season 3 character? Interesting.

Supposedly Crypto carries a sword, and a sword and Wattson's pole fence things are integrated into the season 2 logo. Hopefully that means we'll get a 2nd character mid season.

Oct 25, 2017
Dont get me wrong, Wraith stating "things will be different this time" only to hit the ground and immediately die to the same glitch is humor that isnt lost on me. Its hilarious. But at the same time everytime I play this game now I feel like every couple of games just waste my time with glitches, poor loot drops, random teammates who quit because there STILL isnt a quitting penalty worth a damn in a TEAM based shooter with no option to solo, etc. I just dont understand how you let a game with that much hype squander away from popularity like they have while allowing bugs that have been in the game since day 1 to continue pervading the game what, 4-5 months in? Blows my mind.
I definitely have to disagree on any quitting penalty though. I take care of a disabled, slowly becoming senile parent. The fact that there's no penalty for quitting keeps me coming back. She yells and I can just drop out of a game, no muss, no fuss. And jump into another with no issue.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
Man I'm really hyped about these Crypto teases. Ever since the old leaks I've been wanting to play him. I hope they announce him tomorrow

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I really, really hope we start getting two legends per season, or at least every other season.

I dunno, 6-8 legends every 12 months seems pretty unwieldy from a lot of different perspectives.

Even one well-executed character every 3 month season seems like a decent undertaking when you think about the logistics behind it. Problems like character balance will only compound as the roster expands.

4 legends a year and dedicating more to the surrounding game seems like a better scenario to me, and a lot more realistic given what we've seen thus far.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I definitely have to disagree on any quitting penalty though. I take care of a disabled, slowly becoming senile parent. The fact that there's no penalty for quitting keeps me coming back. She yells and I can just drop out of a game, no muss, no fuss. And jump into another with no issue.
I mean I dont think others who dont have such a commitment should be punished or handicapped because other people who do choose to play a team oriented game where they likely will drop out of.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I dunno, 6-8 legends every 12 months seems pretty unwieldy from a lot of different perspectives.

Even one well-executed character every 3 month season seems like a decent undertaking when you think about the logistics behind it. Problems like character balance will only compound as the roster expands.

4 legends a year and dedicating more to the surrounding game seems like a better scenario to me, and a lot more realistic given what we've seen thus far.
I dunno, Rainbow 6 Siege was able to release 8 new operators in 12 months and it worked well for that games meta. 4 just isn't enough to keep people interested tbh.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
The penalty should just prevent you from joining another match right away (aka a dodge penalty). If you have to drop and go, you're likely not coming back in 2 minutes to play another game.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, Rainbow 6 Siege was able to release 8 new operators in 12 months and it worked well for that games meta. 4 just isn't enough to keep people interested tbh.

Interesting, haven't really followed Siege very closely. I was thinking more in line with Overwatch, which is more like 3-4 a year.

It's definitely a "whynotboth.gif" scenario where it would be nice to have both more characters and surrounding content, but my expectations have been put thoroughly in check on this front. I'll take less characters and more of everything else if it comes down to it.

Idk if reddit links are applicable but the trailers leaked for those who haven't seen it. There's ALOT to take in

Looking good! Seems like a lot more map changes than I was expecting.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a great season. As said in the other thread, I just hope it doesn't slowly turn the game into a wacky "anything goes" random chaos game like Fortnite became. Fliers, dinos stomping you and such seem like organic enough changes, but we'll see. Can't wait to try the new class and see the new pass, it's really make or break for me at this point as I have not played Apex a whole lot in the past 2-3 months.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Rank mode alone is enough reason to keep coming back and playing, to keep going up that ladder! And with everything else, it's gonna be a good season

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Better quality AND longer trailer with more stuff

Map Changes + leviathans on map!

Man, with map changes, leviathans on map, new character, sick skins/battle pass, ranked mode, new weapon, new hop os, etc, its gonna be a great season.
Holy shit that's a lot of fucking changes. Waaaaay more than I was expecting.

Also that trailer was beautifully edited.

Hype off the charts right now.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Holy shit that's a lot of fucking changes. Waaaaay more than I was expecting.

Also that trailer was beautifully edited.

Hype off the charts right now.
same here!! literally seeing empty areas filled, with brand new buildings, damn, love how they put the before and after!!!

That massive tower looks interesting, and I guess many areas of the map is now destroyed now that monsters are loose, pretty darn cool

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I would have liked if they did some sort of in-game event to show the map changing rather than just updating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.