• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just been in a game with two guys. I got jumped by three, knocked two of them and hit the thrid for 100+ damage. He then casually healed up before reviving both of his team mates before my team mates (who were watching the entire time) decided that this was the moment to strike.....

I mean c'mon man, it's almost like theyre actually working hard to lose.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Again, the store can be scaled to exactly the extend they want to. It can be about getting that blue mag you can't find anywhere rather than anything OP.

I think your example is fine but it doesn't address the core of the issue, which is kills being rewarding in the match. Nothing they give you after the match will change that.
oooh, during the match? shoot, i dont have enough capacity to think of anything clever for that then! LOL

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing ranked in platinum and it's hard.

There's basically no incentive to push fights early. You have to play passively, else you get punished too severely. Being one of the first 10 teams (half of the lobby) to drop means you lose 3 points, being anything but anything under top 5 will equate to a net loss.

Unless you plan on going through multiple teams, which is incredibly difficult to do, it's just not worth playing with any form of aggression until you've hit at least, that top 10 bracket, and even then, you should be going for placement first, and kills second.

Honestly, while I appreciate that storm damage helps avoid passive play, I think that it would be nice if you could still revive and rez team mates in the level 2 storm. If they increased your revive HP to 3, and then you could get a syringe off and walk out after a revive.
Yeah, the storm feels little harsh, but probably because I'm used to the old storm. Have games been decreasing in length now? Or is it hard to tell because you are only playing ranked? Btw, thanks for uploading your vids. They have been fun to watch.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Is the jump/start sequence bugged on console/PS4? Sometimes enemy players appear out of nowhere, like they are spawned because the PS4 can't handle to draw them all. We had so many rounds where all three of us looked around and haven't seen any enemy nor jet trails around us, not above, not beneath, not left, not right, yet people still manage to land with us or even already landed. How is this possible? We had this so many times and after noticing we checked even more extra carefully our surroundings while dropping... nope, no one there.

Could it be the servers having issues handling many players at once place? Just the last round, where this happened again, it also happened that I opened a supply bin that only contained one item at first, and only one or two seconds later there was all of the sudden an armor in that bin, and behind that bin was an enemy clipping like Wraith through the area for only a short period.

The strange thing is, that's not my internet, for once, I don't have any issues right now with other services, and my buddies had the same experience. Also, we get disconnected every two or three rounds.

I really think they should do something about that issue...

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the jump/start sequence bugged on console/PS4? Sometimes enemy players appear out of nowhere, like they are spawned because the PS4 can't handle to draw them all. We had so many rounds where all three of us looked around and haven't seen any enemy nor jet trails around us, not above, not beneath, not left, not right, yet people still manage to land with us or even already landed. How is this possible? We had this so many times and after noticing we checked even more extra carefully our surroundings while dropping... nope, no one there.

Could it be the servers having issues handling many players at once place? Just the last round, where this happened again, it also happened that I opened a supply bin that only contained one item at first, and only one or two seconds later there was all of the sudden an armor in that bin, and behind that bin was an enemy clipping like Wraith through the area for only a short period.

The strange thing is, that's not my internet, for once, I don't have any issues right now with other services, and my buddies had the same experience. Also, we get disconnected every two or three rounds.

I really think they should do something about that issue...
I've noticed this too. I think flight patterns can vary a lot, which is the explanation I give myself.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Every single game I've tried to play today crashes after the select screen or 2 minutes into the match. Every. Single. Game.

They need to fix this shit or I'm done. It's so frustrating.

Oct 28, 2017
there's no discussion for me about ranked/camping. I'm watching Viss/Kraftyy/Tanner and every game is insanely intense.

now every little thing counts. every single siringe or bullet stack. every skill, used not only to aggro more to get kills but TACTICALLY, to escape, to evade, to flank, to crowd control, to pinch, to make a double backflip rez on the last second... every lootbox is a treasure, and every character has it's own use and utility.

it's a different game. and it's awesome to watch, now. and it seems awesome also for them to play, judging by how much they celebrate on clutch moves or hard earned wins.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has over 200 hours in the game and was max rank last season, I hate Season 2.

I hate the challenges.
I hate how Respawn is telling me how to play if I actually want to rank up.
I hate having to hope that we actually drop in a specific area. And then hoping enemies are there. And then hoping we actually kill them. Oh, and hoping that it's actually me who gets the kills. And praying that somehow the game's shitty netcode counts a headshot as a headshot.

They've completely killed all the fun I had in this game with this season. This is such a god damn bummer.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
played for the first time since season 1 started tonight. it feels like every champion is more than good enough to take into a fight, and like the majority of weapons have at least one situation that they absolutely shred in. no crashes or technical problems in the entire squad. love the challenges, love the map changes. they've done a really incredible job updating and sustaining this game. really excited to crack into ranked and to see what else they do down the line. really cool to see, hope they enjoy some success from this

Oct 28, 2017
"Get 3 knockdowns in Thunderdome 0/3"

Drop to Thunderdome, take out an entire squad by myself. Get killed shortly after, but never mind I've done the challenge.

"Get 3 knockdowns in Thunderdome 1/3"

YOU FUCKING WHAT?!?!?!?

Oct 25, 2017
I had a weekly challenge to play 15 games as Pathfinder, Mirage or Caustic, but I played Octane and it counted towards the challenge, eventually getting it done. I think that a teammate had picked one of the three every time, could that count?

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
"Get 3 knockdowns in Thunderdome 0/3"

Drop to Thunderdome, take out an entire squad by myself. Get killed shortly after, but never mind I've done the challenge.

"Get 3 knockdowns in Thunderdome 1/3"

YOU FUCKING WHAT?!?!?!?

location challenges are garbage and actually feel like they're taking the piss hard. Fucking hate that shit because I won't hijack a drop to get what i want at the expense of teammates.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
location challenges are garbage and actually feel like they're taking the piss hard. Fucking hate that shit because I won't hijack a drop to get what i want at the expense of teammates.

Yeah, those need to go. They are horrible. But to be honest, most challenges are. They should just be generic cumulative shit: get x KOs, get kills with 3 different weapons, reach the top 3, do 250 damage with two different kinds of weapons, etc.. Stuff you get by playing organically. Don't force me to choose between playing effectively or to chase shitty weapon, location or class challenges to have a chance to finish the pass without paying :\

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those need to go. They are horrible. But to be honest, most challenges are. They should just be generic cumulative shit: get x KOs, get kills with 3 different weapons, reach the top 3, do 250 damage with two different kinds of weapons, etc.. Stuff you get by playing organically. Don't force me to choose between playing effectively or to chase shitty weapon, location or class challenges to have a chance to finish the pass without paying :\
Yeh. Whoever thought that having challenges that get in the way of you playing the game in a proper manner needs a talking to.

Oct 28, 2017
lol... the first getting predator now will have really hard time to find a game. lots of players moved to plat and diamond and games are really hard to consistently climb for rp there.

have a nice time up there alone speed grinders :D

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like watching Shroud and his squad getting dunked in Diamond is almost more fun then playing the actual game at this point.
I can't get over how nuts the pressure is at that level. If you poke your head out of a door you can killed in 2 seconds. It's a pure survival horror game after the second circle in Diamond.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
lol... the first getting predator now will have really hard time to find a game. lots of players moved to plat and diamond and games are really hard to consistently climb for rp there.

have a nice time up there alone speed grinders :D
I stopped playing ranked because its bollocks. Casual playlist is more fun at least

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy with having accumulated 35 wins already. I haven't played a lot past the first month or two, and I still get a couple wins here and there despite being a bit out of the loop. I don't think I'll bother grinding too hard to climb up the ranks.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Am I the only one who is getting disconnects in every game? How is there no complaints about this on any of the Apex communities?

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one who is getting disconnects in every game? How is there no complaints about this on any of the Apex communities?

Maybe change your data center, worth a try. Also a few pages back someone posted router settings for Apex. A few people commented on how it helped overall, also worth a try.

I get disconnects usually before starting a match so it's easy to just queue again. It's happened every so often even last night after yesterday's update. Before the update I would usually get one disconnect mid match in about a 3 hour session. Typically was at least a few minutes in when you found nice loot. I didn't experience this type of disconnect at all last night.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
ill try to be on tonight at around 6:30 pm est

feel free to add me all

psn: jorgejjvr

I'm Gold in ranked right now

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
btw. I feel quite vindicated by all this. Many claimed that Apex solved BR camping. I've been repeating since launch that it
Maybe change your data center, worth a try. Also a few pages back someone posted router settings for Apex. A few people commented on how it helped overall, also worth a try.

I get disconnects usually before starting a match so it's easy to just queue again. It's happened every so often even last night after yesterday's update. Before the update I would usually get one disconnect mid match in about a 3 hour session. Typically was at least a few minutes in when you found nice loot. I didn't experience this type of disconnect at all last night.

Do you know how to change data centre? I've been trying the old method (waiting on the menu until the option becomes available or starting to login and cancelling it) and it doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm on PS4.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
I'm okay with the camping in ranked rn because the higher up you go the more important your gunskill and overall skill becomes. Like cool you made it top 10-top5 but at Gold and up that doesn't mean anything if you can't defend your position.

Kinda hilarious to watch some of these streamers and tryhards struggle in plat though. Dudes used to being decked out and pub stomping finishing games in white armor with no healing kits and low ammo. 10-9 teams left in a tiny ass circle lmao, goofy shit.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Shroud trying to get to diamond is soul crushing. Just last night he had one game where he 1v3 an enemy squad, won, went to go revive his buddies, but then another squad came right then and killed him. Needless to say he wasn't very happy.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
Last night, it went like this. Play a game, try to start a new game, Code:leaf, play a game, try to start a new game, Code:leaf, play a game, try to start a new game, blue screen error, play a game, etc.

Was like that the entire night, it wasn't terrible, but it was frustrating.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm okay with the camping in ranked rn because the higher up you go the more important your gunskill and overall skill becomes. Like cool you made it top 10-top5 but at Gold and up that doesn't mean anything if you can't defend your position.

Kinda hilarious to watch some of these streamers and tryhards struggle in plat though. Dudes used to being decked out and pub stomping finishing games in white armor with no healing kits and low ammo. 10-9 teams left in a tiny ass circle lmao, goofy shit.

I can't stop watching ranked gameplay. It's like a whole other level of the gameplay / skill was unlocked when they added this mode. There are a ton of people out there who are very very good at Apex for them to be killing Shroud this fast.

Oct 28, 2017
I can't stop watching ranked gameplay. It's like a whole other level of the gameplay / skill was unlocked when they added this mode. There are a ton of people out there who are very very good at Apex for them to be killing Shroud this fast.

Shroud alone cannot do anything in ranked.

It's a team of 3, with different characters. Every member of the team should perfectly chain to the other, not only in being capable of killing, but also in use it's character, understand tactics, be cautious when needed and so on.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Shroud alone cannot do anything in ranked.

It's a team of 3, with different characters. Every member of the team should perfectly chain to the other, not only in being capable of killing, but also in use it's character, understand tactics, be cautious when needed and so on.

He's playing with 2 diamond players who he used to stomp in regular in Apex with. All 3 of them get killed very fast in ranked even though they're top tier.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's playing with 2 diamond players who he used to stomp in regular in Apex with. All 3 of them get killed very fast in ranked even though they're top tier.

That's how it should be in battle royale. Positioning, tactics, shooting, luck with loot, circle shenanigans... unpredictability should be key in a battle royale. Plus it's good to have something for everyone: I've always found it stupid how the "good players" in COD with 4.0 K/D manage to do so because they destroy lobbies with newcomers or medium quality players, very rarely having to compete against people their own skill level.

Tango-Pirate

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Absolutely.

I'll go one step farther and suggest that you get to reroll one weekly challenge per week as well, since they're all from a random pool.

The weekly's are from a set amount that everyone gets just in a random order. As it stands, if you could reroll a weekly you would still get it again at some point in the season.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
That's how it should be in battle royale. Positioning, tactics, shooting, luck with loot, circle shenanigans... unpredictability should be key in a battle royale. Plus it's good to have something for everyone: I've always found it stupid how the "good players" in COD with 4.0 K/D manage to do so because they destroy lobbies with newcomers or medium quality players, very rarely having to compete against people their own skill level.

I agree. I think it's awesome and way more fun to spectate too. Does any other BR have a ranked mode or is Apex the first? I feel like Blackout could e used one.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
The weekly's are from a set amount that everyone gets just in a random order. As it stands, if you could reroll a weekly you would still get it again at some point in the season.
So by the last week of the season everyone will need to get four knocks in the pit to complete a weekly challenge? Drops will be nutty that last week if so lol

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Been playing for hours with two American dudes, the same I met a week or so ago. They're hella good, one is Plat 4 and the other is Gold 1 or 2, and I'm still Silver 1 for now. So when we play ranked, we play in Platinum, and boy does the difference matters there. We managed to snatch some wins (they're often carrying me but oh well), but it gets sweatier and sweatier.

After they logged off, I played a solo ranked game with randoms, so it was a Silver game, and boy the difference was felt. The two dudes I was paired with died in the first minutes of the game, I somehow managed to grab their banners and respawn them, yet they wouldn't follow much of my instructions and pings, even when it mattered most, aka at the end of the game. I still managed to get the win all by myself, while they watched me push for it and sat still on that rooftop while they weren't even in the ring. I can't even :'D

I don't know if it's a sign of me getting better as well, but I gotta say playing with those two American dudes helps a lot. Having a team in general, helps a lot.
What doesn't help is... well my ping delay, but that's the price you pay for wanted to play with Americans while being European, it's alright.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.