• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They should add some option within the world to convert Higher End attachments that you don't need into Ammo.

I find it easier to run with 2 weapons that share the same ammo and only have one set. Slowly learning not to hoard everything lol.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Games seem to be taking a long time to get going now in ranked gold. After I ready up as a solo player it can take up to 5 minutes to find a game.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Actually met two solid solo players tonight. With ranked I can have 15 people on and not get in a group because people don't want to wait. Had a great string of wins in gold and plat. Plat seems to have cleared ever so slightly of the elites. Still hoping hard for tickrate increase and slight changes to loot tables.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Daily challenges:

Get 5 headshots with shotguns.
Get 5 headshots with Gibralter.

That feel when you realise every individual pellet counts as a headshot lmao. got them both with 1 hit

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
location challenges are garbage. not going to get them organically so now i'm having to ruin games for others to get them

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Games seem to be taking a long time to get going now in ranked gold. After I ready up as a solo player it can take up to 5 minutes to find a game.

Not for me. Last night seemed to have some loading but when I queue in gold it said between 200-450 were in queue on PS4 each time I searched a match. Game was probably getting hammered with players causing the slow loading into a match. Outside the leaf error it was smooth.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Gotta love jumping in with a squad and them all quitting so I have to play solo. Still got a few kills before being overwhelmed haha. Start again!

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Jesus. This is like a 1 in a million chance or something lol.

First.... You had to be talking on mics, then you had to be on the same team, then you had to be playing at the same time, then you had to queue up at the same. The chances! Wow.

I know dude. It's super nuts. The only other time I have had something like this happen was when one of my friends happened to be playing Apex and we ended up in the same match (not same team) and I eliminated him! Didn't realize who it was until I was going through his deathbox. LOL.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I have not had much time to play recently but jumped on yesterday and climbed to Silver 3. Got one win with a group that I play with which was great and the match was super intense. The ends of these ranked matches just feel so much more tactical then anything in vanilla apex and I'm only in Silver! I'm guessing I'll end up in Gold and that's where I'll probably hit my peak - which is totally fine. I'm already noticing a jump up in skill from bronze to silver.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Has Respawn mentioned anything about challenges focusing on characters the players don't own? I've been okay with one challenge a day focusing on Mirage or Wattson, but ALL of my dailies today are Mirage or Wattson and I own neither. That's seriously obnoxious.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Has Respawn mentioned anything about challenges focusing on characters the players don't own? I've been okay with one challenge a day focusing on Mirage or Wattson, but ALL of my dailies today are Mirage or Wattson and I own neither. That's seriously obnoxious.

No but wouldn't it be challenging to assign out individually? I mean that just seems absurd in a free to play game to base challenges on who you unlocked. I'd bet 90% with the battle pass had the characters unlocked. Also it promotes a more unfair distribution of challenges and not randomized.

Other games do this as well, like R6 challenges being terrorist hunt mode. Nobody played that mode but sometimes that's what you got. You had to delete and wait 24 or 48 hours for new challenges that gave renown. I'm pretty sure the Ubisoft challenges were based off possible locked characters as well and that game is not even f2p.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I must admit, this might be the first BR game I enjoy. Maybe thats because I loved TF and the gunplay feels very close.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how far a committed but average player (myself) will make it in the ranked mode. Based on last night's games, I'll get to gold really soon. I wonder if the average person will end the season in platinum? They probably fucked up the RP if average players end up in diamond.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how far a committed but average player (myself) will make it in the ranked mode. Based on last night's games, I'll get to gold really soon. I wonder if the average person will end the season in platinum? They probably fucked up the RP if average players end up in diamond.

They did say they will evaluate and make changes and resets. Moving forward the ladder may not even go the length of the season if I recall right. Also placement will be a thing as well.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Anyone got the "Record Breaker" Octane loading screen? It's weird because it's a level 94 BP reward but me and my mate have it unlocked already

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I barely play using my full power ( I use roughly 42% of my final form). And I'm closing in on gold fast. If I were to go 100% on this game I would've been platinum maybe? I dunno.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
No but wouldn't it be challenging to assign out individually? I mean that just seems absurd in a free to play game to base challenges on who you unlocked. I'd bet 90% with the battle pass had the characters unlocked. Also it promotes a more unfair distribution of challenges and not randomized.

Other games do this as well, like R6 challenges being terrorist hunt mode. Nobody played that mode but sometimes that's what you got. You had to delete and wait 24 or 48 hours for new challenges that gave renown. I'm pretty sure the Ubisoft challenges were based off possible locked characters as well and that game is not even f2p.

They could easily just have the character specific challenges only include one unlockable character per day for everyone; they wouldn't need to be tailored, but honestly, including a simple if/then factor of not having a ton of challenges for characters that players don't have doesn't seem unreasonable.

Also, even if Terro Hunt challenges in Siege are undesirable, they can still be accessed by all players, and I don't think the challenges ever incorporate certain characters, just CTUs (and I don't remember them including DLC only CTUs, but I haven't played this year).

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Played a bit today to complete some challenges, most of them are annoying but I still gave it a try. One is having to end top3 in a game with Octane. I start a game, finish top2, go back to lobby, challenge remains incomplete. Thanks for nothing, Respawn!

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
Most of my challenges so far involved Bloodhound or Caustic. I don't really like playing either but I feel like I'm forced to in order to level up the BP 😭

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Played a bit today to complete some challenges, most of them are annoying but I still gave it a try. One is having to end top3 in a game with Octane. I start a game, finish top2, go back to lobby, challenge remains incomplete. Thanks for nothing, Respawn!
lol, got that one too today and thankfully it completed successfully

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Cruised through Silver in no time. About to hit Gold one after just a few hours. Got a few wins today which helped boost me through quickly.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People really do the silliest shit in ranked. Run away and reset. Why are you trying to pad kill points when the game doubles it for making it into the top 10? Take the bullshit to quick play lol.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I am doing fine in Silver, even with teammates that dont understand the concept of a team I get positive points in most matches. I believe gold will be a bit harder but still manageable. I kill 1-4 players per match, which should put me in the "average player" category. Id guess I will be floating between high gold and low platinum. Dont have expectation of reaching Diamond honestly.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The forgiveness for someone quitting out should cancel out the entry cost of each tier.

Loss forgiveness of +1 when you can lose 2 or 3 points for not making top 10 doesn't make any sense since you're already at a disadvantage for having only 2 players.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get 1 kill in one match. It counts. Get two in the next. I still end with 0 kills. Get 4 kills in the next one. My 5 kills challenge is still only at 4. In this last match I die because in the final circle one of the enemies doesn't do any sound. Starting another ranked match and we're in 2 already during the character select. Make it 3 by the time I drop from the ship. I die fairly quick but not before killing someone. Challenge still stuck at 4/5.

Yep, that's Apex.

Last edited:

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Had one of the weirdest matches I've ever seen just now. One of those low flying ship lines that crossed thunderdome -> repulsor and cut off the entire top half. Landed Thunder and the circle ended up being as far away as it pretty much could have been...seen it, been there. But this time it seemed like the ENTIRE lobby must have not been on the right side as there was a ridiculous, constant, ongoing fight happening while the circle closed between damn near the entire lobby. Got downed and revived twice in the storm, had no meds and basically slid out with a small tick of HP, had to shoot longbow shots into the storm because a team was still shooting us in the back. 4 squads left after the first circle.

The fuck.

Scrounged together enough to revive/heal up, one more fight between everyone happened and it ended in Swamps, someone hiding in a small crack somewhere that I just ulted with Caustic to have him just sprint into the storm and die, lol.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
The system is bizarre. The point of a rank should be that players better than that rank go up and worse go down. Different entry costs per rank fundamentally go against that. As do rank floors, but I kinda get that one. A match gives out about 3 points per player, depending on how many people die to the circle, get respawned, go over the 5 kill limit etc. So the system basically pushes everyone towards platinum, maybe even diamond.

Ultimately, the better you are the more points you have, but when it's set this way the ranks themselves don't really mean anything. If you stay in silver, you're not as good as others in silver, you're much worse than them. That's unsustainable and with enough time you end up with a handful of truly terrible players in silver playing against golds. Some more time and the same happens with gold.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, or how to fix it. But I've played around with every response curve and sensitivity, and I still don't feel fully in control with anything. I also stick around with either 1 or 2 for ads, not sure how others have it higher. I switch between classic, steady, and linear. Any recommendations or tips?

Also, I'm in gold, and ranking is brutal lol

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Just had a random respawn me out of zone in round 3. There was a beacon in the next zone. While a nice effort, unless you're planning on providing me with syringes, please just wait until another beacon is available. Basically got downed once I got back in and that was it.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, or how to fix it. But I've played around with every response curve and sensitivity, and I still don't feel fully in control with anything. I also stick around with either 1 or 2 for ads, not sure how others have it higher. I switch between classic, steady, and linear. Any recommendations or tips?

Finding the sweet spot with field of view is also important. Too low FOV can be just as damaging to close quarters combat as too low sensitivity, for example.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting

Could you perhaps elaborate how it relates and how it affects it? I'm guessing it's recommended to put it higher?
4x scope is great at long ranges, almost impossible to hit anything close range.
The FOV setting is the same, but across the board (and more subtle).

The sweet spot depends on your display, viewing range and preference. I increased it to 86 iirc with a 50" at 2m.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club

on console, right? the thing with sensitivity is finding something that feels alright and sticking with it
changing it too much can be detrimental since you won't be getting used to the feel of one setting

I use
sensitivity: 4
sensitivity (ADS): same
response curve: steady
FOV: 74 (on a 32in TV)

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Platinum wasn't difficult to get into. But I know it's super sweaty. It's even pairing me up with diamonds.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
on console, right? the thing with sensitivity is finding something that feels alright and sticking with it
changing it too much can be detrimental since you won't be getting used to the feel of one setting

I use
sensitivity: 4
sensitivity (ADS): same
response curve: steady
FOV: 74 (on a 32in TV)
Thank you

I have a 55 inch TV, how should FOV change due to that?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Quick aim training exercise.

It's useful for me. The point is to recentre your aim after each shot, so as to test your ability to snap on to targets. You can also do it by going in and out of ADS for extra difficulty.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All these wraiths flaunting 20 kill badges and nothing else are really getting exposed in mid plat lmao. So much for pub stomping.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Couple things I've gathered from playing ranked:

The chaos and confusion in the beginning of a match that people complained about in casual just moved to the end of the match in ranked. It went from half the lobby dying early to everybody camping and swarming the final ring. My last match no joke had 7 squads left trying to rush one house in the last circle. It was ridiculous. I can only imagine the camping gets even worse at diamond considering people don't wanna lose their 4 entry points. This is how the typical ranked match ends and I don't know how I feel about it. I almost miss the more focused final 1v1 squad fight in quick play compared to getting shot from every angle.

But other than that, it's super fun playing against a lobby that can consistently challenge you. Big difference in kills / damage done compared to casual.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
The system is bizarre. The point of a rank should be that players better than that rank go up and worse go down. Different entry costs per rank fundamentally go against that. As do rank floors, but I kinda get that one. A match gives out about 3 points per player, depending on how many people die to the circle, get respawned, go over the 5 kill limit etc. So the system basically pushes everyone towards platinum, maybe even diamond.

Ultimately, the better you are the more points you have, but when it's set this way the ranks themselves don't really mean anything. If you stay in silver, you're not as good as others in silver, you're much worse than them. That's unsustainable and with enough time you end up with a handful of truly terrible players in silver playing against golds. Some more time and the same happens with gold.

I just want to be able to play solid, challenging matches in Apex with randoms who are generally close to my skill level. That's really all ranked is for me. Vanilla Apex has turned into Overwatch's Quick Play. Countless drops with idiots who die on impact in Skulltown has gotten so tiresome. My hope is that all the shitty players, throwers and leavers stay in Vanilla Apex but if they do play ranked I hope they never make it out of silver. You do have a point though - the system might end up pushing them into Gold, which would suck. Maybe they'll be stuck in Gold IV or something. I'm a semi-decent player. I'm not great. I had 106 wins last season and 1600 kills with Pathfinder in S1. I have no idea where that puts me in the ranked system but I'm guessing I'll peak around mid - high gold. I'm 8 points from Gold right now but I haven't been playing much lately so it's taken longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.