• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Thank you

I have a 55 inch TV, how should FOV change due to that?

The TV is probably your problem, honestly. If you can swing it, go to Best Buy and just get a cheap 24 inch monitor that has Game Mode. You can get them now for $100. I was playing Apex on a Samsung 27 inch 4K monitor with Game Mode and the latency was close to zero. Everything felt so snappy and I could turn up the FOV to about 92. I had to start playing xbox on my TV recently and I noticed how much harder it was. It felt laggy and my aim went to shit. I've since returned back to the 27 inch monitor and the difference is massive.

Last edited:

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to be able to play solid, challenging matches in Apex with randoms who are generally close to my skill level. That's really all ranked is for me. Vanilla Apex has turned into Overwatch's Quick Play. Countless drops with idiots who die on impact in Skulltown has gotten so tiresome. My hope is that all the shitty players, throwers and leavers stay in Vanilla Apex but if they do play ranked I hope they never make it out of silver. You do have a point though - the system might end up pushing them into Gold, which would suck. Maybe they'll be stuck in Gold IV or something. I'm a semi-decent player. I'm not great. I had 106 wins last season and 1600 kills with Pathfinder in S1. I have no idea where that puts me in the ranked system but I'm guessing I'll peak around mid - high gold. I'm 8 points from Gold right now but I haven't been playing much lately so it's taken longer.
I haven't reached gold yet either, but I'd be surprised if a winrate like that wouldn't place you in platinum at least.

Admittedly the ranked system does its job. It incentivizes high placement so people aren't running head over heels at any and all gunfire and you keep facing better and better opponents until you reach the point where you're pretty evenly matched. It just does it slowly. I have maybe 30 games in ranked and I'm not even close to being challenged yet.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
when you clutch it at the end and bring it back for the team, Apex feels great.
When your team runs off, gets killed/refuses to pick you up and you die in 2 mins, Apex sucks. Haha.

Still trying to find my play-style but I keep running Lifeline because I like Suport/Medic classes.

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that some of the skins in the microtransaction store are now 33% off. Nobody bought them I guess?

Not sure why it only sells "legendary" tier skins. "Epic" tier skins are usually better because they're animated.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I noticed that some of the skins in the microtransaction store are now 33% off. Nobody bought them I guess?

Not sure why it only sells "legendary" tier skins. "Epic" tier skins are usually better because they're animated.
We'll probably start seeing more sales as the pool of available skins increases.

Also, they've sold Epic skins once before during the event at the end of last season, so that'll probably happen again.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I like the epic tier skins in this battle pass more than most of the other skins in the game
most of the legendary skins aren't appealing to me, nor are the animated epic skins
the base recolors and patterns are all pretty boring too, especially the common skins since they remove all the color from the base version (just look at Wattson's colorful default and then look at her near monochrome common skins)

unique, "designed" recolors are best imo
love this Gibraltar skin

D_D-9_wU4AAnEyn.jpg

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy or do disruptor rounds cause way more view kick when you get hit? Might bother me more than the insane damage.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017

Said this with the initial complaints. Got to build up quantity first before hitting discounts. One more items get created this should be occurring frequently.

And they have to be actively working towards a real store. One with browsing multiple items that hopefully let you use red coins on some items as well.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So, FOV really helped me. Tried it at 102, sensitivity 4-3, steady. And I got two back to back wins. 3-4 kills on each. Thanks for the tips

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
My goodness. I've been in this very thread talking about the benefits of holding back from fights and sneaking around the map,but the dudes ive been matched with tonight have been taking it to a whole other level!

I've seen guys tonight that would make your eyes water with their camping. I actually saw a guy run away from reviving me and the other dude when there was zero people about, we managed to kill the last guy just as he threw a grenade so we were both knocked only for out team mate to piss his pants and run away and hide in a house on the edge of the circle .

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So, FOV really helped me. Tried it at 102, sensitivity 4-3, steady. And I got two back to back wins. 3-4 kills on each. Thanks for the tips

I had already augmented the FOV, but I'll try your settings and see how it goes, cause I also feel like I could need some help on that area in order to get better.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Situational awareness 101

Damn, that hurts. And kids, this is why having a good headset while playing this game is absolutely crucial. God knows the upgrade was felt when I went from playing with the basic PS4 mono-headset/my shitty TV speakers, and then upgraded to the HyperX Cloud Alpha. Being able to hear any little sound and locate them precisely saved my ass more times than I can count. Sound spaciality is so damn important in Apex Legends, and also the reason why I'm very likely to mute people having their mics opened with a lot of noises happening in the background (friends, TV, music, children, ventilation, etc).

Last edited:

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the inclusion of Ranked Mode, just hit Plat.

One thing I'm not a fan of is how it encourages individual members of a squad to leave their fallen teammates behind.

Auto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All these wraiths flaunting 20 kill badges and nothing else are really getting exposed in mid plat lmao. So much for pub stomping.
Console Wraiths? I imagine they will get exposed even further in PC ranked. Shit is really sweaty in here with the bonus of everyone is an aim bot apparently.

xch1n

Oct 27, 2017
I played a ton of Apex at launch and through season one. The last patch before season 2, I started having a ton of issues with network, where I'd lag and see the network indicator. I have a rock solid wired connection. I play a ton of other games and don't have any issues. I'm struggling to believe my symmetric gigabit fiber optic connection is the problem. Anyone else in this boat, or have any ideas?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I played a ton of Apex at launch and through season one. The last patch before season 2, I started having a ton of issues with network, where I'd lag and see the network indicator. I have a rock solid wired connection. I play a ton of other games and don't have any issues. I'm struggling to believe my symmetric gigabit fiber optic connection is the problem. Anyone else in this boat, or have any ideas?
Check your data center from the title screen.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Sad to see it happen.

Land late next to a wraith with a wingman? Back to the lobby buddy.

Here's the full clip.

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not sure I have been into a game like this for ages. Basically burnt a weekend playing haha. Mostly lifeline again but a few jumps when someone picks her first.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It is so boring playing slow. But dropping hot would be the dumb thing to do in ranked unless you're Shroud and can melt everybody. You just can't win either way.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me randoms in platinum queue have half a brain. Tired of xgokubluntz playing music over his mic, dropping solo and disconnecting immediately in gold queue. No offense to xgokubluntz, I'm sure he's having a good time, but I'd rather not hole up alone for a few points at a time hoping to somehow escape this behavior.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me randoms in platinum queue have half a brain. Tired of xgokubluntz playing music over his mic, dropping solo and disconnecting immediately in gold queue. No offense to xgokubluntz, I'm sure he's having a good time, but I'd rather not hole up alone for a few points at a time hoping to somehow escape this behavior.

It's a lot more campy than gold but you'll still have a few players that think they're hot shit dropping alone or rushing head first into battle when the wiser choice would be to...wait it out.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Playing ranked has improved my game massively. I'm lasering guys now as soon as they step half a foot out of cover. Playing games of jumping on teams and bunny hop strafing while trying to get shots are a thing of the past and most of my exchanges come from quick bursts from behind rocks and other cover.

It's amazing how fast you can get melted if you pop your head out of cover for a second too long in the higher ranks.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well it happened again. The magical legendary knockdown that lets you shoot. Except this time it's in ranked. I would've been furious if I was the last guy alive lol.

I've even noted about this when the game first came out. The glitches are annoying when they happen. On top of the audio issues? Yikes.

How has this not been addressed yet?

Last edited:

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Fuck these "Kill/Knockdown" challenges! ESPECIALLY fucking Kill challenges. Fuck them so fucking hard. Had a daily challenge that was 2 kills with a sniper rifle in a match.

Didn't EVER get the fucking thing despite trying constantly, got at least a dozen knockdowns, at most 1 kill in a match. But if the enemies gets to fucking stand around and ress each other, nothing is gonna come out of that shit.

Fucking just do Damage and remove the others entirely from the game forever.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After experiencing that glitch they may as well go all the way and make it a passive ability for a new character 🙄

The return of CoD4s last stand.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Well it happened again. The magical legendary knockdown that lets you shoot. Except this time it's in ranked. I would've been furious if I was the last guy alive lol.

I've even noted about this when the game first came out. The glitches are annoying when they happen. On top of the audio issues? Yikes.

How has this not been addressed yet?

Yeah. This is actually easy to pull off too.

You just have to use Mirages Ult just before you get knocked. I've activated it by accident loads of times because you normally want to pop his Ult when your getting shot at anyway.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. This is actually easy to pull off too.

You just have to use Mirages Ult just before you get knocked. I've activated it by accident loads of times because you normally want to pop his Ult when your getting shot at anyway.

Good to know. The clip I have saved back in February was a Lifeline shooting while downed. Surprised it wasn't addressed in the disruptor round patch.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm calling it here. Wattson is the better addition to Apex than Octane. I remember Shroud saying she wasn't as cool as Octane but I have to disagree. Her ULT is a game changer and her fences definitely help in tight close quarter fights. I also really like her voice - whoever the VO actor was did a great job.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm calling it here. Wattson is the better addition to Apex than Octane. I remember Shroud saying she wasn't as cool as Octane but I have to disagree. Her ULT is a game changer and her fences definitely help in tight close quarter fights. I also really like her voice - whoever the VO actor was did a great job.
Shes a cool legend, but I do think they need to buff the shield regen ulti.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Got a couple wins and second places in Platinum today, good stuff. One point away from Platinum III.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta echo the sentiment that ranked feels like a brand new game, in that people play differently and for the better. Mind, there's still a lot of toxic trash, quitters, glitch abusers and whatnot, but there's a lot less people hot dropping, battles are actually more tactical instead of half the lobby going "watch me I'm Shroud" running in guns blazing into enormous shootouts only to die in 2 secons, and randoms seem to tend to stick together more. With that, I'm also finding it easier to consistently play well, because if I fuck up I have backup, and if my teammates are in trouble I can help because they aren't looting 3 miles away from me. At this point I will probably keep on playing ranked for the foreseeable future, unless there's some stupid challenge that needs me to do some awkward stuff I wouldn't waste a ranked match on.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017

A huge aspect of why she's so strong is due to the addition of Ranked. It's extremely clear that she's almost mandatory in Plat/Diamond/Apex.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Getting near to enough points to unlock my first legend. Really have no idea who to pick because they all look super situational. Maybe Watson due to her being support/team defence orientated. I do hope they next hero is a active support class, maybe something that breaks down weapons for ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.