• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Well this was a tense ending to a Platinum match:

I found that Gold RE-45 inside an unopened loot crate near the end of the game, I don't think I've ever found a Gold weapon in one of those before. Didn't think that was possible.

That was fun to watch! I wonder why that team pushed you while they had the higher ground and better positioning and could just have waited for the ring to come and kill you since you were kinda trapped with only one obvious way out?

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
That was fun to watch! I wonder why that team pushed you while they had the higher ground and better positioning and could just have waited for the ring to come and kill you since you were kinda trapped with only one obvious way out?

That was the last zone, after that there would be no safe spots and the ring would've killed us all. I guess it would've been a heal off if they hadn't pushed?

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
That was the last zone, after that there would be no safe spots and the ring would've killed us all. I guess it would've been a heal off if they hadn't pushed?

Yeah, I figured that part, but still? You guys were stuck in the upper right corner of the ring with no way out but up. They could have just chilled right in the middle of the ring, aiming at you guys, while the ring would close, and chances are they probably would have won while you'd have been busy climing up, dying to the ring and to their bullets. I think they goofed up here, they really totally had the upper hand but played their cards badly. Hell, they even had a Wattson, they should have put some fences around the exit above you guys and call it a day!

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I figured that part, but still? You guys were stuck in the upper right corner of the ring with no way out but up. They could have just chilled right in the middle of the ring, aiming at you guys, while the ring would close, and chances are they probably would have won while you'd have been busy climing up, dying to the ring and to their bullets. I think they goofed up here, they really totally had the upper hand but played their cards badly I think.

If we got all the way to the left edge of where I'm standing while waiting, that would've been really close to the center, climbing up wouldn't be the right move either. Wraith going into the void in those last moments would probably win us the game if it came to that. Maybe, I don't have much experience with fights after all the circles are gone, heh.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
If we got all the way to the left edge of where I'm standing while waiting, that would've been really close to the center, climbing up wouldn't be the right move either. Wraith going into the void in those last moments would probably win us the game if it came to that.

I rewatched it again, and I'm not fully convinced you guys were close enough to the center to survive the tick that long, but yeah, that Wraith might have changed the favors with her phasing ability. I wonder if gold backpack/helmets would also help in that kind of situation. I lowkey want that scenario to play out and see how it goes now, but guess we'll never truly know anyway!

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I rewatched it again, and I'm not fully convinced you guys were close enough to the center to survive the tick that long, but yeah, that Wraith might have changed the favors with her phasing ability. I wonder if gold backpack/helmets would also help in that kind of situation. I lowkey want that scenario to play out and see how it goes now, but guess we'll never truly know anyway!

Our Wraith had a Gold backpack as well and was counting on it, too. I'm happy with how it all turned out, though. :D

Actually, there might've been one final super small circle, check this insanity out: https://clips.twitch.tv/EnjoyableFamousApeMikeHogu I just checked out the full VOD and that very last circle was not actually in the center of the previous one!

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Our Wraith had a Gold backpack as well and was counting on it, too. I'm happy with how it all turned out, though. :D

Actually, there might've been one final super small circle, check this insanity out: https://clips.twitch.tv/EnjoyableFamousApeMikeHogu I just checked out the full VOD and that very last circle was not actually in the center of the previous one!

Wow that's just insane! I wonder why that last small circle doesn't show at all on the map, how are you supposed to know where to go then?
But damn, that makes for amazing games and wins, that's for sure! Who's that streamer btw?

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Wow that's just insane! I wonder why that last small circle doesn't show at all on the map, how are you supposed to know where to go then?
But damn, that makes for amazing games and wins, that's for sure! Who's that streamer btw?

I have no idea how you're supposed to figure that very last circle out. He's a part of the squad that was the first one in the world to get to Predator, they play for a pro PC team.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The circles are predetermined to an extent so knowing that very last one probably falls in the same line, but to actually know that offhand is really hard with how many variants there can be. I'm not sure why the game doesn't just show that final one though.

Not sure if a gold backpack would work or not for the final circle, a team with a wraith should always win in theory since even without just phase the ult is actually the best stalling you can do, just going back in the portal and back, lol.

Last edited:

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yeah don't stress your weeklies, they're available all season.

Get 5 kills with X weapon as a Daily can fuck right off though.

One of my very first dailies was "get 2 kills with care package weapons in a single match".

I didn't realize at the time how much more difficult that was than the typical daily. If I get it again I'm gonna be peeved.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Care package challenges are even worse now that they stopped spawning 2 at the start of the match in regular queue. Its weird they removed that and didnt even acknowledge it anywhere

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gold items really need to be brought up in terms of perks, but I'd also like if there was some slight visual or audio cue that someone has a gold item so they become like a priority target in a way to compensate for that.

Fast heal is honestly so far beyond all the other golds its not even funny.
1. Turbocharger deserves the gold as the Devotion and Havoc are naaaasty with it. Skullpiercer needs something added to it or bring it back down to purple.

2. Gold self revive is like a hail mary, trick shot bullshit. The only times I've ever seen it be useful was in the one in a million clips that go on reddit. The revive should be much quicker and perhaps let you have the shield up while reviving or something.

3. Fast charge: This one is maybe ok but its honestly sometimes hard to feel its anything tangible. With some heroes it feels useless.

4. Stabilizers. There was a good point on the reddit that gold stabilizers should eliminate muzzle flash and be an actual silencer where you can only hear the gunshots at a certain close range.

5. Digital threat. The sniper one is garbage. The other one is ok but sometimes feels a little unwieldly. The 2x or dot sight is better in almost all situations from a visibility point of view EXCEPT through Caustic and Bangalore smokes.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Lifeline (console?) players, or I guess using any character, does this happen to you?

1) Have shield cells or shield batteries as your selected healing item
2) Go to the menu and use an ultimate accelerant
3) Once the accelerant completes, your healing item automatically switches to syringes if they're in your backpack

This can't be intended, right? Leads to some really bad situations if you don't swap your healing item back every time.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people are gonna hit a wall in high plat and diamond I feel. I've been bouncing between plat 3 down to plat 4 back to plat 3 and almost to plat 2. Lol. It's rough.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
My friends and I have all been suffering terrible lag spikes tonight that have made the game unplayable. Looks like we're going to be playing something else.

Edit: Seems to be running fine now. Not sure what happened in those last 2 games?

Last edited:

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I legitimately do not understand how 95 percent of my random squad mates even have the capacity to get out of bed in the morning.

I'd also really appreciate it if closing doors actually fucking stopped bullets. The number of times I've shut a door then taken half a health bar of damage through it a moment later is not acceptable.

Last edited:

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Just had 6 defeats in a row with about 100 damage done average, just now a victory, 90 damage done. I'm actually a liability in this game!

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Lifeline (console?) players, or I guess using any character, does this happen to you?

1) Have shield cells or shield batteries as your selected healing item
2) Go to the menu and use an ultimate accelerant
3) Once the accelerant completes, your healing item automatically switches to syringes if they're in your backpack

This can't be intended, right? Leads to some really bad situations if you don't swap your healing item back every time.
Must be related to the same bug that happens when you use a Syringe and try to equip Shield cells/batteries, only for the equipped item to go back to Syringes/Medkits once the healing completes. It's been that way since May.

Lost count of how many times I died thinking I had a Battery equipped! Now I just know that I have to manually equip them again. I have since developed a good claw lol

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love placing traps everywhere as Watson. I just don't do as much damage as I like because I'm too busy fortifying chokes.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Just hit Gold 3. Was in Gold 4 for a day and then breezed through. I'm guessing I'll land in in Platinum by the end of the week where I'll be stuck for the entire season. From what I hear the ranking system is basically super easy through silver and gold but all the decent players end up in Plat and get hard stuck.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watson's ult can charge fences fast, block grenades and charge shields. But I still wish it charged shields a little faster. Seems kinda slow.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish kills after death counted towards your final results. I downed two guys before my squad was eliminated and we all died in the storm but for some reason it didn't count either of the kills...

You'll take any and all points in ranked but idk why that happened. Weird.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Had by far the best ranked session today, only went negative once and won like five times in Platinum, five points away from Platinum I now. Experienced the very last circle a couple times, here's what that looked like:

We also had that same exact final circle from the first clip two games in a row. But knowing where it would end didn't help us win, finished 3rd that match, which is still great.

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get a screenshot but I got carried so hard by a Lifeline. She got 11 kills and 2k damage and I managed 70 running behind her the whole time. The third guy disconnected right away so we played the whole game as a duo.

I wonder if she was cheating because she always seemed to know where someone would pop up, even if her accuracy with the Longbow wasn't perfect. And at that distance there are no footsteps to hear.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I just had fun with an Octane on the initial drop, we were fighting for loot in one of the buildings in Hydro Dam, he dropped inside, I dropped out on the little balcony thing, I was Caustic. I popped a trap on one door so he couldn't get out that way, he attempted, triggered the trap and tried to run to the other door, but I was waiting there with a Flatline and melted him. It was fun for me.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't get a screenshot but I got carried so hard by a Lifeline. She got 11 kills and 2k damage and I managed 70 running behind her the whole time. The third guy disconnected right away so we played the whole game as a duo.

I wonder if she was cheating because she always seemed to know where someone would pop up, even if her accuracy with the Longbow wasn't perfect. And at that distance there are no footsteps to hear.

Were you a Bangalore, on ps4? Not alive in the final circle?

Auto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had by far the best ranked session today, only went negative once and won like five times in Platinum, five points away from Platinum I now. Experienced the very last circle a couple times, here's what that looked like:

We also had that same exact final circle from the first clip two games in a row. But knowing where it would end didn't help us win, finished 3rd that match, which is still great.
Winning games without voice chat? Absolute madness.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Had the saddest match yesterday in pub.

The team I was with was only interested in looting and hiding in buildings. They ran away from gunfire.

We ended up near containment with three squads left. I kept pinging the battle above us, but couldn't get anyone to leave the hiding spot. Eventually, we moved to the final circle and the only survivor of the fight between the other two squads had to charge us.

It was a Gibraltar. I flanked him and killed him with the RE-45 and disruptor rounds.

The champion screen showed that we had 1 kill between us.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Best ranked so much so far, idk why ive been so afraid of using the wingman since they nerfed the clipsize. If you land those shots its still so good.

B4vuQ9Sl.jpg

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is there a quicker way to throw the currently equipped grenade or do you have to tap the D-Pad first?
Also, outside of the quick menu, is there a quick way to swap between shield/health packs?

Oct 31, 2017
A random I played with in Ranked one evening said that the Wattson ultimate shield recharge rate stacks if you have multiple ultimates deployed & overlapping, which you can have up to three at a time. I haven't factually verified/done that myself, but I can imagine it being like that because why else would they let you place down more than one and make the ultimate accelerants instant charge her ultimate.

A single Wattson ult does recharge the shields pretty slowly, but at 3x speed, I can imagine it being very strong.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a quicker way to throw the currently equipped grenade or do you have to tap the D-Pad first?
Also, outside of the quick menu, is there a quick way to swap between shield/health packs?
I don't believe so. I play PC so I'm not sure if there are controller shortcuts I'm not aware of. All thrown items are a switch-to rather than offhand. Personally I make it a habit to have my highest shield battery pre-selected in the quick menu (since it remembers your last used slot) before I get in combat for when I need it, and same with the preferred grenade. Then its just tap and use without any thought about selection.

do you think they will ever add weather/day and night cycle for Apex?
There should be a massive eclipse during one of the seasons or something. Matches are way too short for a proper cycle, unless you're thinking random day/night.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Variant weather per match would be a very welcome (and likely not too hard) thing to implement.

Night time reduces visibility in certain areas.
Rain reduces visibility and makes you slide further
Fog, obvious effects

Would make those digital threats more useful.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Literally at a 50% DC today.

Fix your shit Respawn. If I see error code leaf again I'm going to flip shit.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Either I'm the worst Apex player Era has seen or there are many smurf accounts. Most times I get my ass handed to me in Bronze I. At least my last match for tonight was ok with 2 kills, a completed daily challenge and a win.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Variant weather per match would be a very welcome (and likely not too hard) thing to implement.

Night time reduces visibility in certain areas.
Rain reduces visibility and makes you slide further
Fog, obvious effects

Would make those digital threats more useful.
I think that'd mess with class balance a little too much. Fog gives Bloodhound an obvious advantage and makes Bangalore's Q much less useful, all vision-occluding stuff forces close-range fights which makes Caustic and Wattson way stronger, yadda yadda. It isn't like PUBG where you can just dump a weather effect and figure that it basically affects all players equally.

Also, always lol at a tossed-off "likely not too hard". yeah, synchronizing the state of particle systems map-wide between all 60 players in a game, we may not know anything about the game's architecture or what systems that interacts with but you gotta figure it's, what, 2 hours of work, tops

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.