• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I'd honestly love a little more sweaty from my solo queue. it'd beat the "zipline into an enemy team without saying anything and immediately die" squaddies i still get more often than not

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
I starter my ranked climb on xbox, just hit bronze 3 after a few close games and a win. I can feel like this is gonna be interesting. All solo que as I have no friends who want to play ranked.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017

My problem is that 90% dumb drops end up with jumpmaster dying asap, calling the 2 of us fucks or some other shit and then quitting in down state as we arrive to res, or quitting when I get the banner and go to respawn. These dudes like to cum quick, it's boring, you don't learn anything and you achieve nothing but grief and time wasted

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn Mirage is fun haha. A different playstyle but if you do it well, its amazing how many people you catch..

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked octane a few days back and I'm loving his run around like an absolute madman style. Favourite thing was throwing a jump pad at an enemy and watching them fly over me and behind a building in swamp lol

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn starting ranked is awful when your team is dumb. Barely got any points when teams just run and die in 2 mins. Grrr.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Solo queue several matches last night. Even did a hot drop as jump master at the team request and ended top 3. Great matches just luck of the queue I guess. I'm still meeting great randoms in ranked and most people have mics or come off party chat if they see you have one.

Once you join a 3 man party it definitely feels tougher. It does feel more like you are queued with other full parties with the coordination you go up against.

Is their a plan to have ongoing tournaments with only lobbies of pros? That would be much more interesting than watching a tournament in the regular br format where everyone is in separate lobbies against randoms gaining points.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Just had the most amazing solo match win with Wraith where I wiped the last squad of 3. 9 kills and 1730 damage.

I've won a few solo games before but never like that. Felt so badass.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn I am awful. Haha, I am not suited to ranked. Keep getting squads dropping out or dropping into super hard places and dying. Hardly making progress.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Damn I am awful. Haha, I am not suited to ranked. Keep getting squads dropping out or dropping into super hard places and dying. Hardly making progress.

It can be really tough solo queuing, although it is mostly how I play.

My advice is, if you get a a decent squad, invite them to the next game.

Decent to me is not just winning and killing. It is playing like a squad and team.

Things like:

- Sharing items around, especially when it is obvious another needs shields, health, or ammo.

- Following when you push (especially if you ping you are attacking)

- They ping locations, ammo, enemies, etc.

Good luck and hopefully you get a decent run of games going.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Still waiting on @ApexLegends twitter account to answer my question on why and how Leviathans & Flyers can survive the deadly ticks of the storm, but humans & robots do not. I need to get deeper in that lore.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change the screenshot folder on PC? The hotkey doesn't seem to work anymore.

EDIT: seems to be an ongoing issue according to Reddit. Guess I'm going back to the Print Screen key for now.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Finally got to play like 3 games. Feels very different than before the season 2 patch on how I engage and how I kind of loot. My pick and choosing of which weapons changed too.

Anyway, its all welcome as it's different and I can ease my way back into trying to get better again. :)

But.. any tips on how to play Watson? I guess I'm gonna try caustic this season too. Tips for both would be appreciated!! :)

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
Regular queue feels like easy mode now after playing with all the sweats in ranked. I'm racking up kills and wins like it's nothing in that mode.

Meanwhile I've been stuck in Plat IV for the last week, every time I get close to advancing I just free fall back down. 😭

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Hit 1000 wins today.

After 1000, it just says 1.00k.

So basically, it only counts your wins in stacks of 10 from then on out.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Regular queue feels like easy mode now after playing with all the sweats in ranked. I'm racking up kills and wins like it's nothing in that mode.

Meanwhile I've been stuck in Plat IV for the last week, every time I get close to advancing I just free fall back down. 😭

It's the best when you had to restart the game and you forgot to select ranked mode and get the win. I'm like where is the point screen...

Hope they add an option to select rank as default upon start.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, Xbox LFG is straight up awful for the most part...

All these posts being like "Lookin' for sweatys, be goooooddddd 👌👌👌👌👌 PLAT + 4K kills on main NO EXCEPTIONS" -- then you squad up and one dude has the worst mic echo ever known to man, and the other has a bunch of d-bags in the background talking profanities and garbage at the top of their lungs so you can't hear anything...

Get in a game with these guys, they jump into a fight utilizing zero cover while I move from rooftop to rooftop. They both get downed and I wipe the squad and res them. They immediately go for the purple and gold armours from the guys I killed, leaving me with white.

They then proceed to start shooting another team from a distance and we get third and fourth partied to hell.

Looks like the 4k kills on main and plat means absolutely nothing here. Dipped out of that real fast.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, Xbox LFG is straight up awful for the most part...

All these posts being like "Lookin' for sweatys, be goooooddddd 👌👌👌👌👌 PLAT + 4K kills on main NO EXCEPTIONS" -- then you squad up and one dude has the worst mic echo ever known to man, and the other has a bunch of d-bags in the background talking profanities and garbage at the top of their lungs so you can't hear anything...

Get in a game with these guys, they jump into a fight utilizing zero cover while I move from rooftop to rooftop. They both get downed and I wipe the squad and res them. They immediately go for the purple and gold armours from the guys I killed, leaving me with white.

They then proceed to start shooting another team from a distance and we get third and fourth partied to hell.

Looks like the 4k kills on main and plat means absolutely nothing here. Dipped out of that real fast.

Rough. I tried finding new teammates as well and had somewhat similar results. In higher ranks, everyone has a ton of kills so it doesn't make you special. Basically every opponent is going to be a threat.

It's solid teamwork and positioning that gets you wins. Combined with luck, so that your squad with default armor doesn't go up against a squad where everyone has purple and Alternators with the attachment.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
My god, I took a week off and all my team mates in Gold are wank. Guys haven't even got the IQ to fire a gun at someone. I literally just watched as a guy aimed at a solo guy looting my box for a good 20 seconds without firing a shot.

It's always the ones that don't have mics too, so they don't even explain themselves when you ask what there plan is.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Haha. Just had a crazy matched in rank.

We dropped in Thunderdome with at least 5 other teams. The funny thing is, is that when we were dropping we couldnt see a single other team near us, it's like they magically appeared once we landed?

We ended up punching our way out and into a equally populated skulltown.

It took 5 mins before one of us even got a gun.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It's the best when you had to restart the game and you forgot to select ranked mode and get the win. I'm like where is the point screen...

Hope they add an option to select rank as default upon start.

Yep. My buddy and I were playing the other day and our team mate solo dropped, got killed and left the game within 3 seconds. We kept playing and the whole time we were saying how pissed we were that he left that soon and how people shouldn't do that in ranked....Turns out we were playing regular Apex.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck hasn't loss forgiveness been correctly implemented in ranked yet?

So tired of going into lobbies with 2 people or people quitting out during drop and not getting any points to compensate. Weak.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

So tired of going into lobbies with 2 people or people quitting out during drop and not getting any points to compensate. Weak.

If you quit out before the end of character selection then you won't take a loss. The game didn't start so it's all fine. If you see you're with two, just do that.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I think even with the disruptor rounds, the R99 is still king. Alternator certainly competes with it, but I'm convinced the R99 has a more consistently fast time to kill across the board. It hits people with 200 damage before they can blink, and I think that's crucial to prevent people from getting away. Alternator has that initial burst of damage, but then you're often left with a fairly sloppy cleanup.

In any case, the 99 is still a monster.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Found a golden alternator today and absolutely slayed.

Is there anything more satisfying than having a team try to run you down and chase your for 2 minutes only for you to get to your team mates, spin round and melt them? Back to the lobby for you guys .....hahaha

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Rough. I tried finding new teammates as well and had somewhat similar results. In higher ranks, everyone has a ton of kills so it doesn't make you special. Basically every opponent is going to be a threat.

It's solid teamwork and positioning that gets you wins. Combined with luck, so that your squad with default armor doesn't go up against a squad where everyone has purple and Alternators with the attachment.
Yeah definitely. It was definitely not a good time last night as the soundscape was literally filled with so many things that weren't the game that it was impossible to really react on time to anything haha.

Hopefully I'll have better luck tonight.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
The Longbow is absolutely bonkers right now.
Yeah its the best long range weapon by far. If you get lucky to slot in a skullpiercer the enemies are toast.

I feel like the the wingman needs a a bit of a buff. On consoles at least. And dont want even start on the flatline. Probaly the most unused gun the game.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Ever have one of those sessions where nothing goes your way?

I had a daily challenge to pull off one finisher. Everyone I downed was finished by trigger happy teammates, too far away, their team would wipe, or we'd get wiped. Same thing even with people downed by someone else. One person even rage quit during the animation so it didn't count.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Ever have one of those sessions where nothing goes your way?

I had a daily challenge to pull off one finisher. Everyone I downed was finished by trigger happy teammates, too far away, their team would wipe, or we'd get wiped. Same thing even with people downed by someone else. One person even rage quit during the animation so it didn't count.

Don't I know it. Played some last night with my friend, we had 3 wins total, which is a really good night for us. Played about 2 hours today and probably had one top 5? I couldn't hit shit, had some bad luck...just one thing after another. Couldn't get anything to come together at all.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017

because essentially you can go into infinite forgiveness because of how prevalent the problem is that respawn doesnt seem interested in fixing.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another night with 100% useless teammates in random. The last one was the most hilarious, two guys ignored my indication as jumpmaster in ranked to die in 2 seconds in some hot spot. Before dying one of them manages to recover the other's banner, so I revive him very far away. Both proceed to insult me on chat, the one who saved the banner quits as soon as he's downed, the other quits despite being alive and well thanks to me. 2 minutes in already alone thanks to idiot teammates. Reported and moved on to a hopeless top 3 at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.