• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Gathering loot is inherent in the BR genre. They could flood the map with it or make it even more scarce but the loot hunt is absolutely a BR staple. One could argue, though, that if a BR were to flood the map with loot, it would make the loot aspect pointless and they may as well just let people drop with their preferred equip loadout.
I didn't say gathering loot was the issue. I said the loot tables are the issue atm, and it has vastly changed the game. I don't care about switching weapons and playing with various weapons. The problem now is more useless loot. It was clearly just better before without all the extra energy mags. And what about the future? They are going to have to change how this game runs at some point. You can't just keep adding stuff to the loot tables without more balance. Full power setups were fun, and now it's getting hard to find certain things at times, which makes for more random battles.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Yeah I dunno, been playing a fair amount this week and it feels as good or possibly even better than it did between launch and season 1. Not seeing a single new problem so far. I've stuck to non-ranked, though.
Well if you haven't spotted a single new problem you clearly haven't played much. There are major issues just about everywhere in this game currently. And the tickrate remains abysmal. It's just not a game I would really care about, but there aren't too many shooters I play atm since BFV mostly sucks.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Well if you haven't spotted a single new problem you clearly haven't played much. There are major issues just about everywhere in this game currently. And the tickrate remains abysmal. It's just not a game I would really care about, but there aren't too many shooters I play atm since BFV mostly sucks.

Whatever you say, dude. I'm currently happy with it and if that changes, I'll just move on to something else ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Stop using faulty logic like there is some general rule that all BRs must follow. The hell man. This game was simply better before. No, it's not fun fighting more RNG than ever. I'm sorry you feel RNG is better than skill and evenness with attachments, but a lot of people feel the loot tables are trash and make for a more random game that just isn't as fun as it used to be. Seems to be reflected in the numbers as well. S2 isn't doing nearly as well as it was supposed to no doubt due to absolutely horrifying servers and bad tickrates. The game just doesn't feel comp in the slightest anymore.
What numbers are those, again?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's BRs, though. You're not supposed to get your ideal weapons every game, you're supposed to make do with what you can find. there's real benefit in learning to use as many weapons as you can

it's also something current Apex is great at, I think. Triple Take, Prowler and Mozambique are the only guns i really feel like i absolutely have to get rid of after the early game—everything else is easily good enough to keep around

I love the triple take, lol. Though I would always swap for a longbow.

I also really like the prowler with selectfire even if it's probably "wrong" over the light ammo competition. But that is what I like about Apex, I feel pretty comfortable with most loot setups even if I have a few ideal ones. I feel the balance changes have helped that A LOT because I didn't feel that way before, though I still hate the mozambique even with hammerpoint.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
The game is completely broken right now, twice me and my teammates were in a server that just froze and kicked everyone out. And then we still get minus points for it, and not only did we get minus points for being kicked out, it was also the wrong stats. We got kicked out when there were 9 squads left, but it said we got an 11th place. I had 1 kill, but it counted it as zero. How the hell am I suppose to rise in rank when this bullshit happens.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I love the triple take, lol. Though I would always swap for a longbow.

I also really like the prowler with selectfire even if it's probably "wrong" over the light ammo competition. But that is what I like about Apex, I feel pretty comfortable with most loot setups even if I have a few ideal ones. I feel the balance changes have helped that A LOT because I didn't feel that way before, though I still hate the mozambique even with hammerpoint.
I really like selectfire Prowler in the very early game, when people have low or no armor, but yeah, I almost always drop it for some light anmo stuff later on.

very much agreed on being comfortable with most gear setups but having some ideal ones—I think current-season apex has done a nutso good job of giving every weapon a defined personality and role, and it makes the BR loot format much, much more fun and compelling for me. in PUBG, I had a hard and fast hierarchy of weapons that never changed much—in Apex it's way more "what do I feel like using, what's our comp, what's the circle doing, what part of the map are we headed to," much more interactive and fun.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
10 points from Gold 1. Shit is getting noticeably harder. Lots of ups and downs. Got a win which was great. Got my buddy into Plat finally.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't say gathering loot was the issue. I said the loot tables are the issue atm, and it has vastly changed the game. I don't care about switching weapons and playing with various weapons. The problem now is more useless loot. It was clearly just better before without all the extra energy mags. And what about the future? They are going to have to change how this game runs at some point. You can't just keep adding stuff to the loot tables without more balance. Full power setups were fun, and now it's getting hard to find certain things at times, which makes for more random battles.

Gathering loot and the loot tables themselves are intrinsically connected. The easier it is to find the loot you want, the less you have to actually loot throughout the game. Doing what you can with what you have, managing your resources, and deciding whether or not you loot that extra building/body lying out in the open play a role in the tactical nature of the game. No different than deciding if you want to go after a loot drop.

The whole purpose of BR is to do the best you can given the random variables. If not for that, you may as well play a MP with respawns (CoD) or a tactical 1-life per round FPS (Seige, CS, etc..).

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Triple takes only function is being more CQC friendly than the longbow at the expense of lower damage at range due to its spread. If I could keep it charged like the peacekeeper choke it might be better.

I LOVE the prowler. Wrecks early game. wrecks select fire.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I've shredded a decent amount of people with the Prowler+Selectife. Don't underestimate it fam. Even better if it's fully kitted (that means a digital threat as well) and paired with a R99. It also helps that not being a popular gun nor a popular hop-up, they can easily be found and looted in every game, people just don't even pick them up.

Finished my week 4 challenges already. Meanwhile, the two nightmares of a challenge from week 3 remain nowhere near done. I have to do 50 headshots with a light machine gun, I have done 26 thus far. It's slow as fuck but I can see the end. And I need to get 10 knockdowns with the L-Star, I have done 2 thus far. I honestly don't think I'll finish this challenge for several weeks. I don't know who created those specific shitty challenges, but I curse them and their family for 7 generations.

Watch me complete week 5, week 6 and week 7 challenges, but still struggle to finish those two. Especially the L-Star one.

Sorry for the whine but this is really frustrating.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Where the hell is the loss forgiveness for team mates who quit? I thought this was a thing but we didn't see it at all today.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
I've shredded a decent amount of people with the Prowler+Selectife. Don't underestimate it fam. Even better if it's fully kitted (that means a digital threat as well) and paired with a R99. It also helps that not being a popular gun nor a popular hop-up, they can easily be found and looted in every game, people just don't even pick them up.

Finished my week 4 challenges already. Meanwhile, the two nightmares of a challenge from week 3 remain nowhere near done. I have to do 50 headshots with a light machine gun, I have done 26 thus far. It's slow as fuck but I can see the end. And I need to get 10 knockdowns with the L-Star, I have done 2 thus far. I honestly don't think I'll finish this challenge for several weeks. I don't know who created those specific shitty challenges, but I curse them and their family for 7 generations.

Watch me complete week 5, week 6 and week 7 challenges, but still struggle to finish those two. Especially the L-Star one.

Sorry for the whine but this is really frustrating.

That Lstar challenge was easier in the first week when they were doing that weird 2 drops at start of match thing.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
You still have to finish the match as far as I can tell. If you quit out of the match you won't get loss forgiveness.

Right but shouldn't we get the loss forgiveness if we were the ones who didn't quit the game? We had a few people drop solo, get killed and then immediately leave the game in ranked today. Ofcourse, we then got smoked soon after and didn't make top 10 and we both ended up with -2 RP.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
What numbers are those, again?

EA shares were down right after the release of this due to numbers not being up on Twitch and what not, and that was before all this bullshit during the hype phase lol. Twitch is nothing special for it. I see less people out of dozens playing hardcore anymore. Multiple issues are complained about non-stop on the reddit forums, there are in-game issues everywhere with code leaf, lag, sound, et cetera.

Numbers don't seem all that great to me. I don't see the hype, but that's my anecdotal experience. I was hyped at the beginning. But that has quickly faded into indifference or apathy at this point.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
EA shares were down right after the release of this due to numbers not being up on Twitch and what not, and that was before all this bullshit during the hype phase lol. Twitch is nothing special for it. I see less people out of dozens playing hardcore anymore. Multiple issues are complained about non-stop on the reddit forums, there are in-game issues everywhere with code leaf, lag, sound, et cetera.

Numbers don't seem all that great to me. I don't see the hype, but that's my anecdotal experience. I was hyped at the beginning. But that has quickly faded into indifference or apathy at this point.
So the answer to the question "what numbers?" is "actually, there are no numbers, but i personally am not excited about the game"?

you're more than welcome to not be excited about the game for whatever reasons you want. but to say it's "faulty logic" to accurately talk about fixtures of the game's genre, then blather about "numbers" that don't exist in trying to make your own point...not terribly persuasive!

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
It's clear that at least two teams are gonna land before us but the jumpmater still insists on going to the same spot anyway. This is in Plat II.

One would think teammates would be smarter at that level, but nope.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Ah ok I thought he disconnected before the game started. Thats the only time I received loss forgiveness.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Nailing someone with a skullpiercer Wingman headshot as they soar over a canyon after hitting a jumppad is just :chefkiss:

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Gathering loot and the loot tables themselves are intrinsically connected. The easier it is to find the loot you want, the less you have to actually loot throughout the game. Doing what you can with what you have, managing your resources, and deciding whether or not you loot that extra building/body lying out in the open play a role in the tactical nature of the game. No different than deciding if you want to go after a loot drop.

The whole purpose of BR is to do the best you can given the random variables. If not for that, you may as well play a MP with respawns (CoD) or a tactical 1-life per round FPS (Seige, CS, etc..).
There's a careful balance to it. You don't want a purple armor in every other building, but you also don't want 5 purple armors on the whole map.

Very few people are against random loot in general so maybe something's up when there are so many complaints.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only way to "fix" looting would be injecting variables and generating the loot when people are already on the ground. Let's say the game sees you already looted 6 buildings and you're still stuck with white gear all around and shit weapons, so when you open the 7th door, the chances for the building to generate better loot increase. This could obviously be exploited by having a player stay purposefully low on good items at first to have better loot, but I don't think there's a better option. And this option isn't even particularly feasible since doors have parts of glass, there's windows, there's openings on the wooden walls, etc., so in theory you can see most items in advance before even entering a building. But as long as they don't generate stuff mid-game and don't weight certain elements, you can easily have what I had the other night where I looted 4 buildings and 2 crates and I yet had to own a single weapon.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
The only way to "fix" looting would be injecting variables and generating the loot when people are already on the ground. Let's say the game sees you already looted 6 buildings and you're still stuck with white gear all around and shit weapons, so when you open the 7th door, the chances for the building to generate better loot increase. This could obviously be exploited by having a player stay purposefully low on good items at first to have better loot, but I don't think there's a better option. And this option isn't even particularly feasible since doors have parts of glass, there's windows, there's openings on the wooden walls, etc., so in theory you can see most items in advance before even entering a building. But as long as they don't generate stuff mid-game and don't weight certain elements, you can easily have what I had the other night where I looted 4 buildings and 2 crates and I yet had to own a single weapon.
It doesn't have to be done on the fly. Just make sure that every zone has at least X items of specific types and rarity. I'm not sure how exactly loot tables work in Apex, but it doesn't really seem to have anything like that to ensure you can't get completely screwed over by RNG.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't have to be done on the fly. Just make sure that every zone has at least X items of specific types and rarity. I'm not sure how exactly loot tables work in Apex, but it doesn't really seem to have anything like that to ensure you can't get completely screwed over by RNG.

Even then you're easily screwed over because a lot of areas are pretty big, and if the circle is far there's no way you will check every angle of every building and every crate. The outside area of the dam + the swamps for example is a major time commitment to check, and while I often walk away from there well armed, sometimes I check like 8 buildings and I'm still stuck with low tier shit.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
7 games 7 hotdrops 7 instances of teammates disconnecting 30 seconds after landing.

Back to solo jumps if hotdropping moron in control

Oct 27, 2017
This has probably been beat to death but a solo mode is pretty high on my list for this game. I can't really get any of my more casual friends to play it because the TTK is fairly low, especially at the beginning of the game. The time you actually get to "play" can also feel low. Most people are playing duos and going off and doing their own thing. Sometimes the duos will even "solo" jump themselves and be asses about it. Classy.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Solo queue is the highest on my list of things for this game, even higher than stability to be honest.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Me after that finishing my 50 lmg headshot weekly challange

Man that was a painful challange. Devotion sucks, Spitfire is rare and L-Star doesnt exist.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Even still are you sure you didn't get booted after a leaf error and had to restart the game? I've played like 3 matches before realizing it wasn't ranked.
Yeah, 100% sure. I know the playlist gets refreshed after an error and all that. What makes me even more sure that one of my mates in our squad got the points but me and my other mate didn't get any just a 0

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
I got both the 10 knocks with an L-Star and the 50 LMG headshots 😩

I don't have a problem with the L-Star other than it's impossible to find. The LMG headshots suck. I got about 26 done so far and it's the worst.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
my favourite headshot challenge was shotguns. needed 5. Got it in 1 hit, every pellet landed lol

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
There's a careful balance to it. You don't want a purple armor in every other building, but you also don't want 5 purple armors on the whole map.

Very few people are against random loot in general so maybe something's up when there are so many complaints.

A lot of people are against random loot in general. Because people don't understand what random really, actually, means. The reality of the situation is that loot isn't in a bad place right now, it's just not as easy to get fully geared as it was at launch.

That's a distinction that's worth pointing out. Because it's perfectly ok and is how a BR *should* operate. Doing the best you can with what you have is inherent to the genre. Sometimes you have a run of worse luck than others but most times that people run through X amount of buildings without finding "anything" it's not because there was nothing in the zone but because everyone on the squad wants the same types of guns and ammo, so no one is getting fully decked out.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Man I bet you're fun at parties. Why are you here again? And if you're so apathetic on Apex then why even comment in here?

The game has been out for many months. There is no "hype" for the game. It's snagged a solid player base that will fluctuate over the course of the game's seasons. It's currently standing at #6 on XBL and I've never had a problem finding a match. I haven't played a BR that checks all the boxes like Apex does....For some of us it's the best BR out there by a mile regardless of bugs or fucking Twitch numbers.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
So the answer to the question "what numbers?" is "actually, there are no numbers, but i personally am not excited about the game"?

you're more than welcome to not be excited about the game for whatever reasons you want. but to say it's "faulty logic" to accurately talk about fixtures of the game's genre, then blather about "numbers" that don't exist in trying to make your own point...not terribly persuasive!
I just quoted you the numbers in question. Their shares, directly related to Apex Legends, were down because of the S2 launch not being prominent enough. Numbers. I don't know what you want in numbers. Their profits, their shares, are not holding up to their expectations, and this will probably get worse. The BR genre in itself seems to be slacking ever so slightly.

Seriously, how do you read a post that directly paraphrases all the articles that came out talking about Apex Twitch numbers being way down, hence the share fall, and then say there are no numbers? Numbers also hint at vastly more popular games like Fortnite being way down compared to record highs. Gotta fall at some point, but Apex is doing a stellar job with their shitshow.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Man I bet you're fun at parties. Why are you here again? And if you're so apathetic on Apex then why even comment in here?

The game has been out for many months. There is no "hype" for the game. It's snagged a solid player base that will fluctuate over the course of the game's seasons. It's currently standing at #6 on XBL and I've never had a problem finding a match. I haven't played a BR that checks all the boxes like Apex does....For some of us it's the best BR out there by a mile regardless of bugs or fucking Twitch numbers.
Why even comment anywhere? Why express any emotion whatsoever? Do you need a safe space for Apex Legends? I played this game more than most people did in S1. Get over yourself.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Why even comment anywhere? Why express any emotion whatsoever? Do you need a safe space for Apex Legends? I played this game more than most people did in S1. Get over yourself.

I'm responding at you with the exact same tone you addressed Benj and others with earlier in this thread. The only person here who needs to get over themselves is you.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I'm responding at you with the exact same tone you addressed Benj and others with earlier in this thread. The only person here who needs to get over themselves is you.
Honestly, if you are okay at the crapshow that Apex has shown with servers, networking, and overall balance since release you are insane. It's pretty obvious the game has major problems. I'm so sorry some people are not lost in the sauce over Apex Legends anymore. I had over 200 wins in S1. I think I can say whatever I want about it.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nailing someone with a skullpiercer Wingman headshot as they soar over a canyon after hitting a jumppad is just :chefkiss:

Speaking of, I have a few damage questions

1. Is there damage fall off based on distance?
2. How much does each helmet mitigate headshot damage?

I ask because I nailed someone with a headshot from a skull piercer wingman and it dealt 74 damage which to me seemed a little low.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
People are horrible at looting in general. So many times you run in an area where people miss stuff like purple shields, helmets ECT. Even adding extra items in plain sight wouldn't fix complaints. Complaints would just be I didn't drop fast enough to grab it.

Just deal with it if you don't find items. If you don't get decent items in a populated area then time to change playstyle for the match and bail on that area and loot on the run. Don't stick around and fight others with better loot if you have nothing. Its a very low amount of times this occurs and honestly some of the worst starts/drops can turn into a win. Just gradually loot up survive and find some death boxes. It can eventually turn into a great match.

Adding a ton of better items isn't going to fix anything at all. Just going to make it easy mode hitting later game items. Yes I've ran through 6 buildings and only got attachments but when I finally found that gun it was maxed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.