• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
2nd free pack was pathfinder music. Decided to gamble my coins earned from the battle pass, and it gives me the bloodhound skin. I can't stand playing him.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
That was great. I use Bloodhound's ping, nobody is shown on it, then a Pathfinder walks in one second later without any footstep and kills me. 6 months in, the core functions of the game can still just stop working. Unreal.
His ping really needs to be a larger area. Plus I think it should give a small arrow to show which direction the hostile is in. Sometimes I'll do it and get a hostile detected but can't find where it came from

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
that feel when your squad gets wiped at the start and you roll in with an RE-45, hip-fire 3 dudes to death, revive your boys, get to top 2, boys get wiped, you re-45 hip-fire the last squad and become champions.

Just incredible.

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
Is the hot new troll flying your squad into the ocean? I think I saw it happen to at least one squad every game I played tonight.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Is the hot new troll flying your squad into the ocean? I think I saw it happen to at least one squad every game I played tonight.

This was a thing way back during like the launch week and was quickly forgotten about. Maybe some streamer thought they'd come up with a new and clever way to troll people who don't detach from the jumpmaster and this is why you're seeing it crop up again.

But yeah, it's a non-issue, you should be detaching and from the jumpmaster way before you hit the ground anyway.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I have no doubt Solos will become a mainstay in a month or two. I'm 99% sure the player numbers justify it.

100% and they'd be dumb AF not to add it since the game is up to #4 on XBL charts right now. It's not my thing, personally but give the kids what they want, Respawn. I'll just stick to ranked and squads Apex and jump into solos when I need to do challenges.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The challenges are still broken AF. Jumped in with Gibby because I had one where I needed to eat 100 damage with the weapon shield and get 3 headshots with pistols, so I ran my secondary weapon with the pistol as I fought people head-on to make sure they would hit my shield. They did, and I landed multiple headshots myself, and indeed I was pretty happy. Only to go back to the lobby and see both challenges stuck on 0. Amazing.

At least my other challenge, a top 3 with Pathfinder, landed me a nice little solo win with 7 kills.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
So I got Pathfinder and Bloodhound skins from my free packs. Bought 4350 coins, to get Lifeline and Wraith skins, but there's leftover coins to open one pack. I open the pack first and get the Wraith skin! Crazy, guess I'll get Lifeline and Gibraltar skins? Probably not a good idea to push my luck further and open five more event packs instead.

Oct 25, 2017
So I got Pathfinder and Bloodhound skins from my free packs. Bought 4350 coins, to get Lifeline and Wraith skins, but there's leftover coins to open one pack. I open the pack first and get the Wraith skin! Crazy, guess I'll get Lifeline and Gibraltar skins? Probably not a good idea to push my luck further and open five more event packs instead.
You could save for the next battle pass. If you were planning on spending ten bucks anyway, now you can afford the premium one with the 25 level boost.

I'm waiting for EA to do another free 7 days of Origin Access Basic (10% off Origin stuff) before I buy any more microtransactions. I'm expecting them to put Anthem on it soon and then do a trial.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
You could save for the next battle pass. If you were planning on spending ten bucks anyway, now you can afford the premium one with the 25 level boost.

I'm waiting for EA to do another free 7 days of Origin Access Basic (10% off Origin stuff) before I buy any more microtransactions. I'm expecting them to put Anthem on it soon and then do a trial.

I already have the coins for the next battle pass saved from completing this one. I wouldn't spend money on a battle pass level boost, that's the worst way to spend coins in my opinion, as it's something you can unlock by just grinding/playing. And this game barely let's you grind for anything, as evidenced by my mostly useless 270k Legend tokens... These skins though, you can only buy.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
You know it's a bad night when you have a # of kills daily and you get it in teams instead of solo.

Land in a hot spot, get meleed by people who seem to be magnetized to me.

Land first, no one around or I get nothing.

Land later, they get weapons and shields first.

Be the third party, they get the kill and run away.

Surprise someone, get third partied.

I even got headshot at close range by a Triple Take.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I was going to buy the Lifeline skin but decided to do my dailies for the loot box first. And then I got the Lifeline skin out of that. That'll save me some money, although I could get that Mirage skin when the items switch...

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Did they do anything new to him? the last thing I remember was him getting a slight defensive buff
The most recent buff was pretty minor, but earlier when fortified was introduced and his own shield was buffed was massive. Dude essentially has up to 311 effective HP now compared to the baseline of 200 (even less on low profile legends) and that's not even counting the potential of soaking overkill damage on the gun shield.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
also the increased vulnerability on smaller-framed characters made his damage reduction comparatively much stronger. i also think weapon balance changes have been kind to him—the wingman was able to very consistently get over his shield and has been nerfed, the new hop-ups have pushed combat much closer-range in general where he has an easier time getting value out of his entire kit, the addition of higher-spread weapons like havoc and l-star (and the increased popularity of higher-spread weapons like the alternator and the re-45) play into his weapon shield better

he still isn't my first choice just because he doesn't fit my playstyle, but a lot of little discrete changes to gameplay have added up to be very kind to him

that said, I don't think any other ability is straight-up misused more than his dome shield. whenever I get matched with a pubby gibraltar they manage to drop at least one shield that is strictly good for the enemy in a fight—blocking our sightlines, letting a damaged enemy reposition while we have to scrabble to find another angle, etc. at least when characters like octane and watson misuse their abilities they're just dead weight. bad gibraltars might as well be on the enemy team

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Anyone else experiencing issues with starting the game? Mine get stuck at the splashscreen a lot, and it seems to get worse everyday.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Got a daily challenge of 2 AR kills in a single match, so I decided to make sure I'd only get AR kills and picked up an R301 and a Flatline, and Flatline turned out to be... Actually pretty good? Might actually use it in the future, too. ARs in general are amazing, got an easy second place with 6 kills and 1200+ dmg even though our third guy disconnected during the drop.

And speaking of, I've had a lot of people disconnecting randomly today. Server problems?

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
If you ask me, and I've heard a couple top streamers agree, the R-301 is awful now. Flatline is actually a better alternative.

I remember when Flatline, Alternator and Gibraltar were all completely garbage, but here we are now. I take an Alternator over a 301 these days.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
It's definitely obvious it's been hit with the nerf hammer, but I still smack shit with the R-301. It's not the laser it was before, but it's still an extremely solid performer for me.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
301 is now worse then a 99 or a Flatline midrange, it was always worse then a 99 close range and it's worse then a Longbow long range. Not saying you can't kill anyone with it, but it's the best at pretty much nothing since this event started, which was also the day that I finally got the super dope level 100 battle pass skin. :/

Oct 31, 2017
Since they buffed the Flatline, especially with the most recent R-301 nerf, the Flatline is definitely a strong AR choice. I still probably prefer the Hemlok of all of the AR's, just for its mid-to-long range strengths over the other two, but yeah, I can easily see the R-301 being the weakest choice of the three now and it might also be the worst Light ammo archetype gun too, outside of the P2020.

That said, the most recent weapon balance changes probably did place it more distinctly into its desired role of good everywhere, but not the best choice anywhere, which is probably for the best.

In the Titanfall games, the Carbine was pretty much my go-to gun. And for awhile, it was the same in Apex. But I've definitely opted for different choices as they've tweaked the gun meta.

Overall, I think the gun balance is in a pretty good place right now.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'll never understand why the nerfed the 301 as hard as they did. Maybe a slight adjustment but it was just such a good all purpose weapon before - something this game doesn't really have. It used to fit the middle ground between long and short range perfectly.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the 301 nerf is stupid as hell. Picked up an Alternator and a 301 earlier in a match, and it's ridiculous how much more damage I was doing with the former even on longer distances. Nerfs and buffs should always be organic and barely noticeable unless a weapon is straight-up broken, here they practically rendered a weapon close to useless.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
I had earned Apex coins from this season pass and got an Event Tick rewarding me Gibby's skin (score!) Just earned my two free event ticks this morning and got , Octane's Banner and Alternator skin. Yep no regrets dropping that 700 coin.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to used to make a very hard decision between all around 301 vs the close range shred of the 99.

Now I just go 99 100% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.