• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Wattson warranted the 5% incoming damage boost. but having more than 1 pylon active at a time was stupid. She can already get back a destroyed one instantly with the ult accelerants.

How are manbabies going to ruin this game, which is a competitive FPS?
I don't know if I'd classify any BR game as a competitive FPS lol. The ranked mode is fun little shoehorn in to the game, and tournaments can be fun to watch. But they are hardly bastions of true competition. shroud could play in a tourney and get fucked by the initial drop by some mediocre kid.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Finally hit diamond rank last night. Woo!

giphy.gif

Oct 31, 2017
Finally hit diamond rank last night. Woo!

giphy.gif

Haha I hit Diamond on PS4 yesterday too. The sudden jump from Platinum to Diamond was reminiscent of how going from Gold -> Plat was several weeks back. Though I imagine that Platinum, while it definitely eased up in skill-level/challenge overtime, will be the weed-out division for most of the average-to-solid skilled players & Diamond up will be where all of the good-to-ridiculous players and squads will be.

I played about ~10 Diamond level games and the difference in squad positioning and coordination was definitely very noticeable, to put it mildly. Squads definitely seem to post up often and all over, so it seems quite difficult to try and move across the map, especially through open sight lines.

With the cost of entry being 4 RP now, kills definitely seem to be much more of a focus in ranking up, since a Top 5 without any kills just breaks even; & Top 10 needs 2 kills to break even. And with kills being at much more of a premium, I think Diamond might be my plateau.

I'd like to get to Apex, but I don't know if I'll be able to before they decide to end the ranked season.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
You're then implying people like me don't matter at all, since right now, it's the elite people that are dictating the overall balance in the end, here. That's what this nerf is telling me, a Wattson player who don't really care about rank much, and who already noticed how very little she is played by 99% of the playerbase.

I'll see how the nerf goes, I'm currently more worried about the 5% than the pylons themselves. Although her being able to place several pylons at once was more than fine considering how easily destroyed those pylons are in the first place. I just don't like this nerf overall, it sucks for a casual Wattson player such as myself. After nerfing Lifeline a lot as well, this just gets boring to me, how they constantly nerf legends that don't need nerfing much, while other remains unbothered.
Well I was a lifeline main so I feel you there. Those nerfs were absolutely huge to me anyway. I was a top reviver in the game at least top 800 or so, and I barely have used Lifeline this season.

But I think you will find Wattson is still very viable with good teamwork.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Haha I hit Diamond on PS4 yesterday too. The sudden jump from Platinum to Diamond was reminiscent of how going from Gold -> Plat was several weeks back. Though I imagine that Platinum, while it definitely eased up in skill-level/challenge overtime, will be the weed-out division for most of the average-to-solid skilled players & Diamond up will be where all of the good-to-ridiculous players and squads will be.

I played about ~10 Diamond level games and the difference in squad positioning and coordination was definitely very noticeable, to put it mildly. Squads definitely seem to post up often and all over, so it seems quite difficult to try and move across the map, especially through open sight lines.

With the cost of entry being 4 RP now, kills definitely seem to be much more of a focus in ranking up, since a Top 5 without any kills just breaks even; & Top 10 needs 2 kills to break even. And with kills being at much more of a premium, I think Diamond might be my plateau.

I'd like to get to Apex, but I don't know if I'll be able to before they decide to end the ranked season.

Yeah, Platinum definitely softened up over time. I think our squad won 4 of 6 games to run it up to Diamond. We hadn't really played ranked in 2-3 weeks. Placing Top 3/Top 5 used to feel way more contested than the games we got.

Diamond is definitely a lot tougher on placements, reminds me of when I first hit Platinum. I think I got +4 points for the two games I played, haha. One game came down to a small circle with 4 squads and Gibraltar wiped the game up in 10 seconds with his ult, I was kind of impressed more than anything.

But yeah, probably just going to stop grinding ranked. Diamond being 280 ranked points to hit Apex seems like a serious chore at this point.

Clip from my last Platinum game. The thirst for Diamond was real, haha:

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I don't think Wattson warranted the 5% incoming damage boost. but having more than 1 pylon active at a time was stupid. She can already get back a destroyed one instantly with the ult accelerants.

I don't know if I'd classify any BR game as a competitive FPS lol. The ranked mode is fun little shoehorn in to the game, and tournaments can be fun to watch. But they are hardly bastions of true competition. shroud could play in a tourney and get fucked by the initial drop by some mediocre kid.
I mean I agree, but I think generally people think of these games as competitive FPS, and in some traits I can't argue with them despite not being a huge RNG fan myself.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
When you click 'inspect' on your last squad on PS4 their profile is just rank 1 with no info. I'm spotting more sloppy stuff with this game the more I play. Still enjoying it though.

Racked up 10 kills in my last game, revived AND respawned my two team mates....twice. Yeesh. Getting better and better. Not sure how I'm going to get the trophy for having legendary armor and helmet though, pure luck? Kill a kill leader and hope they're dressed to impress?

Not sure I'm a fan of the new limited mode, it's fine but nothing amazing.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just speaking personally, but so far this might be the least toxic online game I've ever played. Games like Overwatch, Rainbow Six, GT Sport are horrific compared to Apex Legends.

Last night had a blast winning a game with a lady random on mic. Let me repeat that: a woman felt so comfortable playing this game she was on mic.

I would imagine thats because there is no friendly fire and the command system is good enough that most people (especially shitty ones) dont plug in a mic. :P

If there is ever a friendly fire system in this..............hoooo boy. Watch it instantly become the most toxic game on the planet.

"Oh you picked up that purple shield did ya? Let me help you take it off."

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I think I may have encountered a bug with the battle pass and loot boxes?
so, my next BP reward was a loot box, I leveled up, and got it
but then, on subsequent matches, it still showed a box as my next reward instead of the actual next reward (a mastiff skin)
sure enough, next BP level, I got another box in addition to the mastiff skin
and now my "next reward" is the mastiff skin I just got

🤷‍♂️

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
There are loads of glitches in this new patch. Characters don't show up properly when you select them in the character select screen, voice lines seem to be missing and can't be changed, and we've had 3 game freezes.

There's probably alot more.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, Platinum definitely softened up over time. I think our squad won 4 of 6 games to run it up to Diamond. We hadn't really played ranked in 2-3 weeks. Placing Top 3/Top 5 used to feel way more contested than the games we got.

Diamond is definitely a lot tougher on placements, reminds me of when I first hit Platinum. I think I got +4 points for the two games I played, haha. One game came down to a small circle with 4 squads and Gibraltar wiped the game up in 10 seconds with his ult, I was kind of impressed more than anything.

But yeah, probably just going to stop grinding ranked. Diamond being 280 ranked points to hit Apex seems like a serious chore at this point.

Clip from my last Platinum game. The thirst for Diamond was real, haha:

Nice clip. I made no progress in Diamond at all. Any of the points I gained were fleeting and I lost them pretty much immediately lol. I have a regular squad and I just don't know if we will have the discipline or skill to climb through Diamond honestly. My two regular teammates just now got to Platinum, and I've essentially kept a whole division ahead of them the whole time, mostly due to me playing more/solo. I even made a smurf to level them for a bit right when I first got to Platinum and they were in Gold because we were making no progress as a squad and it was frustrating for them (and me).

I've started to pick up the Devotion more in recent times after avoiding it for so long, due to not really wanting to deal with the wind-up and how rare Turbos can be in games. I have to say, the thing is pretty nasty, especially with a Turbocharger and a purple+ barrel stabilizer. I had a game awhile back where me and a teammate were caught in-between two squads down in the valley between Wetlands and Relay's respawn point area. 1 squad was sitting up on the upper Wetlands area looking North, down into the valley, and the other squad was looking South, pushing down from the Relay waterfall and we were stuck in the middle.

We decided to beeline straight towards the Relay pushing squad and I had a Devotion that didn't even have a Turbo and was able to wipe all 3 of that squad in the blink of an eye. Since then, I've been gravitating towards it.

The Havoc can be pretty nasty too, especially with headshots. The energy guns in general feel kind of slept on on the whole I think.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gibraltar is so OP. Especially in the new game mode. Having him round a corner with his shield popped and your most likely dead.
I'd assume the characters to pick for this event would be

1. Gibby for what you mentioned
2. Pathfinder - for getting up to snipe platforms
3. Wraith - for letting you know you are being targeted.

Other mediocre picks
Bangalore - for speed and smoke close range.
Bloodhound for in building pre aiming. Also good combo with bang.

The rest wouldn't be that great tbh.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Badge and Tracker interface tweaks are nice.

But wtf at this mode still not having its own Stat page??

Last edited:

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I've started to pick up the Devotion more in recent times after avoiding it for so long, due to not really wanting to deal with the wind-up and how rare Turbos can be in games. I have to say, the thing is pretty nasty, especially with a Turbocharger and a purple+ barrel stabilizer. I had a game awhile back where me and a teammate were caught in-between two squads down in the valley between Wetlands and Relay's respawn point area. 1 squad was sitting up on the upper Wetlands area looking North, down into the valley, and the other squad was looking South, pushing down from the Relay waterfall and we were stuck in the middle.

We decided to beeline straight towards the Relay pushing squad and I had a Devotion that didn't even have a Turbo and was able to wipe all 3 of that squad in the blink of an eye. Since then, I've been gravitating towards it.

The Havoc can be pretty nasty too, especially with headshots. The energy guns in general feel kind of slept on on the whole I think.

Yeah, I gravitated toward the Devotion in the first few months of Apex and will still run it if it falls in my lap. The squad we landed with wiped with a Devotion, purple mag, and Turbocharger...can't say no to that, haha.

I think a lot of people get intimidated by the Devotion and Havoc's recoil and avoid them after some bad encounters, but once you know how to counter aim and hit your shots they both can tear it up. Biggest thing is learning how compensate for each gun's weakness when you don't have a Turbocharger. It really pays off to warm up either gun before you actually peak a corner if you don't have one.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Wattson nerf is completely unwarranted, she needed a buff if anything. Reminds me of the 301 nerf that no one asked for, which only hurt good players.

New mode only having rare white shields and few meds is kind of a deal breaker.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
SMG weapons are no longer compatible with the 3x HCOG and 2x-4x variable ACOG scopes.

Duuuuuuude. You should fix looting if you think it's such an issue. Not remove player choice.

3x on an SMG was not the only victim of sights automatically attaching from inventory. Sniper optics will also ruin just about any early fight. The only real solution I see is removing the feature entirely or letting everyone choose in the options which sights attach automatically on each gun.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Leaked skins, presumably for the Lifeline / Bloodhound boxed editions from that GameStop presser:

El Gallo

Banned
Aug 27, 2019
They really added a legendary banner frame and Mozambique skin to the loot pool lmao I was hoping for some new legend skins

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
dropping into the pit
one teammate flies off to the airstrip by themselves
me and my other teammate take out the other squad that landed
I'm kill leader
teammate three meekly runs back over to us
🙄

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
So there's a bug this patch where you'll re-unlock your current Battle Pass unlock. If you're on a weapon skin/background/etc. nothing will happen because the game sees that you've already got it. If you're on a loot tick, then you get another one. Basically I just got a free blue and two whites, but hey it's better than nothing.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like the wraith skin is selling well. I also don't mind the limited loot and shields. Makes it feel like more survival like.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Seems like the wraith skin is selling well. I also don't mind the limited loot and shields. Makes it feel like more survival like.
Yeah I've seen a ton of the new Wraith skin, I think the new intro animation helped seal the deal.

I'm not buying it but I'm happy to see more high-quality skins coming through.

Waiting to see what next week's craftable skins are before I drop mats on something, though I really like the R-99 skin. The Kraber skin is legit too, but I so rarely use that gun anyway.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I've seen a ton of the new Wraith skin, I think the new intro animation helped seal the deal.

I'm not buying it but I'm happy to see more high-quality skins coming through.

Waiting to see what next week's craftable skins are before I drop mats on something, though I really like the R-99 skin. The Kraber skin is legit too, but I so rarely use that gun anyway.

I bought it and I don't really play her that much. It just looks so top notch I thought I'd support the good work.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Are we to assume that Wraith's new map changes are permanent to the game? Will the vortex stay past when the mode is done? I'm hoping so.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
i'm thinking with some proper weapon balancing, only white armor would be an all around improvement

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lifeline is extremely good in armed and dangerous. So few meds makes that drone incredibly useful after fights.

Mode is pretty damn fun tbh. I also like that wraith area a lot.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to play a couple of rounds of shotty snipers yesterday and I really enjoyed it. The scarce healing items and low-level (and rare) armor items really mean you have to play much, much more carefully than usually. I really hope they'll be doing plenty of custom game modes like this in the future.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
It's hilarious that you get 60 crafting metals for 90 headshots in this event. Why are they so deadly afraid of letting you actually unlock stuff?

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
It's hilarious that you get 60 crafting metals for 90 headshots in this event. Why are they so deadly afraid of letting you actually unlock stuff?
Don't worry, at the rate of 60 crafting metals per event, it'll only take 20 events for you to get enough to craft one legendary item! ;>

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need more guns though. I've died so many times because I can't find shit when after running to three building

Yeah, it's unreal that nearly every match in this mode I fill my inventory and beyond before finding a weapon. I get not wanting to spawn a Peacekeeper or a Triple Take every other room, but would it kill them to have Mozambiques or G7s spawn a little more often?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shotty Snipes is too easy. But then again it's a trade off because randoms have been garbage compared to ranked. Oh well. More kills for me.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's unreal that nearly every match in this mode I fill my inventory and beyond before finding a weapon. I get not wanting to spawn a Peacekeeper or a Triple Take every other room, but would it kill them to have Mozambiques or G7s spawn a little more often?
I find weapons faster here than regular play ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . Maybe it's a bit more likely to have nothing in the first building or bin, but the distribution seems to be much more even so you can't get colossally screwed. Or maybe I've just been lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.