• We are delighted to introduce GiftBot 2.0, the next generation of our popular gifting feature. To celebrate, we'll be giving away some incredible prizes over the coming weeks in one big Giveaway Extravaganza!

Apex Legends |OT2| Got An Official Thread Here, Level 2

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Holy shit I just wiped a full squad in Pit and my location challenge still says 0/4 I'm so fucking mad right now I've been trying to get that one for weeks.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Holy shit I just wiped a full squad in Pit and my location challenge still says 0/4 I'm so fucking mad right now I've been trying to get that one for weeks.
I would also be pissed, that location is a nightmare in the beginning of a round. I gave up on that challenge, best I can hope for is if the last few founds are focused in that area.

I'm up to BP 60 today, made a lot of progress in two weeks! I think once this season wraps up I'm going to go on a break and focus on finishing games in my backlog. I'll keep the game on the PS4 though, had a lot of fun with it and will return to it for sure.

EDIT:

Maybe we're heading to a new location in S3, would be great.
Oh shit, if there's a new location I'll have to stick with the game a bit longer then lol.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if you've wrapped up the battle pass already, these last two weeks of the season highlight the need to stave off these kind of lulls in the action. That said, I did play for hours the other night with no "objectives" except to enjoy myself. I'm also fine just taking a break.

It will be interesting to see if the rumored season 3 stuff is enough to keep everyone satiated. Excited for the reveal.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Made it to Gold rank at exactly 280 points. Now to retire for the rest of the season and play regular Apex, where I feel random groups are way worse than Silver rank.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure you can drop from, for example, platinum down to gold (if that's what you meant by no tier demotion).
"There is currently no demotion if you drop into a lower tier, so if you earn your way into Platinum IV, no amount of losses will demote you back to Gold I – you are guaranteed to finish that Series in Platinum. However, demotion is possible between divisions, so if you’re Gold II and fall below 380 RP, you will move back down to Gold III. (We may revisit demotions in the future based on data we get from our first Series.)"

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"There is currently no demotion if you drop into a lower tier, so if you earn your way into Platinum IV, no amount of losses will demote you back to Gold I – you are guaranteed to finish that Series in Platinum. However, demotion is possible between divisions, so if you’re Gold II and fall below 380 RP, you will move back down to Gold III. (We may revisit demotions in the future based on data we get from our first Series.)"

I could have sworn I've played with someone that was in platinum, but dropped back to gold the next time I saw them. But I guess I'm mistaken. That's good to know.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I've beaten whole teams alone with the Gold Mozambique in Armed and Dangerous. And I'm not even good. It just melts them, esp if they didnt find shields

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I didn’t play much ranked when it came out and I am really regretting that now cuz my silver (I think) matches have been significantly worse than in casual lol
Yeah I'm kicking myself for not playing enough Ranked early on. Not only are Silver matches not great, the queue can take hours during the day.

Next season I'm focusing less on challenges and more on grinding Ranked from the get-go.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one suffering from poor connection? This happened last week because of the double weekend update (according to the devs) and now it is happening again. The connection was fine until today.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm basically standing still in ranked points for an hour and a half of playtime. Then we finally catch a break in a game or two and get some RP. "If I can get a max points win in the next match, I get exactly enough for 1000 RP total, aka I get to Apex Predator. Good luck with that, though..." But then I freaking get it.

389 total ranked games played, 55 wins.

The next five games we get wins, top 3, I get a bunch of kills every time. It's amazing how much easier and better it felt once I finally didn't have to stress over points. Sitting at 1029 RP now and Predator matches have a 5 RP entry cost!