• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Of these the only issue I'm really feeling needs to be addressed is the crashes, and even that it feels like if they had something to say they would. Their messaging has been consistent and pretty clear, it feels like just because the game came out in a great state relative to most online games the community is heaping completely unrealistic expectations on them.

if their messaging was clear and consistent we wouldn't be in today's mess re: season 1. like i said, it's totally fine that things got pushed back! completely understandable. but it shouldn't have surprised anyone at respawn that people were expecting something today, and it seems pretty clear that the expectation wasn't completely unfounded, given the accidental launch of the store page this morning.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
if their messaging was clear and consistent we wouldn't be in today's mess re: season 1. like i said, it's totally fine that things got pushed back! completely understandable. but it shouldn't have surprised anyone at respawn that people were expecting something today, and it seems pretty clear that the expectation wasn't completely unfounded, given the accidental launch of the store page this morning.
Additionally, one of their first big reddit update posts on the subreddit from almost a month ago straight up said they'd be making daily update posts, so I think that got people expecting a lot more communication than they've been giving.

When they released the first balance change they said something like "we're not going to update every week like fortnite, we're going to test shit and make sure changes are good and well tested instead of throwing hot stuff into the game", but I think a lot of people latched onto that initial post about communication and constant dev discussion on the reddit, which hasn't really panned out

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
Good to see some communication about the battle pass and all that. Communicating bad news to the community is still better than no communication at all.

Here is the link to the LegendsEra Discord server:

[Hidden content]
  • You have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
  • If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

RichardHawk

Feb 7, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
I've been averaging about 6 kills a game now which is great but I'm not good enough to carry a team of terrible people so it ends up being an L each time. This shit is wild infuriating. Stop grouping me with dudes that are level 3.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
after a few days of this not happening we're back to randoms disconnecting the second they get downed

or even during the respawn process

fun

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, some of you guys are drastic. The game came out 5 weeks ago and we're supposedly owed a date for a major update that is still well on time based on their prior announcements (they promised it for March, less than 40% of the month passed).
It's been 5 weeks and the game has barely had any updates. It has had one minor balance update and an additional gun was added that really wasn't necessary. I don't blame people for getting antsy about an update.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
This match, dude. One random disconnects in the beginning, another is afk from the moment we land. I'm on my own the whole time, don't avoid any fights, take down 15 people and win. Last fight was me against a full squad, no third partying. I was so disappointed that I somehow didn't take down three whole squads for the badge, though. :(

7MUeBaU.jpg

Looking back through the footage, it seems like I did take down three whole squads but didn't get the badge, what the hell...

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been 5 weeks and the game has barely had any updates. It has had one minor balance update and an additional gun was added that really wasn't necessary. I don't blame people for getting antsy about an update.

I don't want to repeat myself or quote myself from the other OT, but none of the major players in today's multiplayer scene had any big update in the first 2 months or so, except maybe Destiny but that's a special case because they had the raid ready and were just waiting for players to level up to unleash it. PUBG, Fortnite, Overwatch, any COD, etc. took well longer than 5 weeks to do anything special that wasn't half-assed.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to repeat myself or quote myself from the other OT, but none of the major players in today's multiplayer scene had any big update in the first 2 months or so, except maybe Destiny but that's a special case because they had the raid ready and were just waiting for players to level up to unleash it. PUBG, Fortnite, Overwatch, any COD, etc. took well longer than 5 weeks to do anything special that wasn't half-assed.
That's true, but you're looking at the past and not the present. I played Fortnite a ton before getting bored and now regularly playing Apex. It's very hard going from a game that gets updated once a week to a game that hasn't had any new content in nearly 5 weeks.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's true, but you're looking at the past and not the present. I played Fortnite a ton before getting bored and now regularly playing Apex. It's very hard going from a game that gets updated once a week to a game that hasn't had any new content in nearly 5 weeks.

Fair enough, but Fortnite also took some time to get to the update cycle they currently have, not to mention the entirety of Epic is basically dedicated to Fortnite now and they own the engine too (with almost two decades and a half of history for it, too). Fortnite is a ridiculously quickly updated game, far beyond the standards of other games. I don't think it's fair to compare Apex in its 6th week to what Fortnite is doing in a game that has been worked on for the better part of the decade in some shape.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
finally got a win with Pathfinder after almost exclusively playing him for the last few days; his grapple is so much fun but wow it sure does feel like you can just get melted

win was our squad looting and hiding until final three, picking the remains of a squad while they got taken out and then Wraith killing the whole enemy squad, and that was after they fled and healed up lol

just got to do more damage as Bloodhound and I'll have 5K damage and a win with 7/8 characters for those two trophies

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I used to main mirage but I can't stop winning with lifeline. I just seem to be so well suited to a more supporting role.

I really hope they tweak some of the characters in the next update, mirage's Ult is next to useless, especially now more people are used to it and search for you when you pop the 'dupes'o'clock'

They either need to rework his Ult, or get rid of it completely and buff his passive so it kicks in at 5% health rather than when your downed so you can do a quick escape while your decoy is on the ground

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
finally got a win with Pathfinder after almost exclusively playing him for the last few days; his grapple is so much fun but wow it sure does feel like you can just get melted

win was our squad looting and hiding until final three, picking the remains of a squad while they got taken out and then Wraith killing the whole enemy squad, and that was after they fled and healed up lol

just got to do more damage as Bloodhound and I'll have 5K damage and a win with 7/8 characters for those two trophies

Once they fix his hitbox he will be a beast.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I used to main mirage but I can't stop winning with lifeline. I just seem to be so well suited to a more supporting role.

Lifeline's healing passive and small hitbox is too good, I always have my best games when I use her lol

I was so disappointed that I somehow didn't take down three whole squads for the badge, though. :(

Looking back through the footage, it seems like I did take down three whole squads but didn't get the badge, what the hell...

I had a similar match where I could've sworn I wiped 3 squads but I didn't get the badge. I think it might be bugged like some others.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
looking back through the footage, it seems like I did take down three whole squads but didn't get the badge, what the hell...

Some of the badges are glitched.

I still don't have the 'win a game as the jumpmaster' badge despite getting loads of wins as it.

I also won a game as champion as the kill leader and didn't get that one

Oct 27, 2017
This match, dude. One random disconnects in the beginning, another is afk from the moment we land. I'm on my own the whole time, don't avoid any fights, take down 15 people and win. Last fight was me against a full squad, no third partying. I was so disappointed that I somehow didn't take down three whole squads for the badge, though. :(

7MUeBaU.jpg

wtf, thats impressive

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Netcode is pretty good, hackers are a problem but they're dealing with it, crashes are going to happen with wildly different specs. They should add spectating, custom/casual matches, dodge penalties, and some sort of reporting feature (which will be abused to heck and back) but it's only been 5 weeks, and it's free so people can always come back.

The key of course is that it's an online game and it's only as successful as long as there are people playing it. If people start leaving en masse that exacerbates the problem for those that stay.

That said, for someone who had little to no interest in BR games, I've been pleasantly surprised by the game. Easy to pick up, accessible, and fun, even though I am absolutely terrible at it.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Feel as if the BP is delayed because of battlefield scheduling

Also, did they mention plans to update the networking? Battlenonsense's analysis was pretty disappointing

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Whats the most impressive badge you guys have? I've been chasing the 20 kill one for a while but I haven't been able to get it. I did get the triple triple badge at some point though which is definitely my best.

edit: also I think the 4k damage badge might be even harder than the 20 kill badge... youd have to hope the last team is really bad and just keep farming them and letting them revive.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Whats the most impressive badge you guys have? I've been chasing the 20 kill one for a while but I haven't been able to get it. I did get the triple triple badge at some point though which is definitely my best.

edit: also I think the 4k damage badge might be even harder than the 20 kill badge... youd have to hope the last team is really bad and just keep farming them and letting them revive.

I'm pleased to get then 1 win badge on a legend.

Aiming for the 5 win version on Bloodhound.

Low expectations, everyone!

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Feel as if the BP is delayed because of battlefield scheduling

Also, did they mention plans to update the networking? Battlenonsense's analysis was pretty disappointing
I think there was a post somewhere on reddit suggesting that they'd need to do a stupid amount of work in order to achieve a very small improvement to the networking.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

7MUeBaU.jpg

You did a good job!!!!

10/10 would be your jumpmaster any day!!

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does the game not track kills accurately for anyone else? I have at least 6 kills but it just says 1. I don't really care but kind of annoying. I'm really not very good at this game or any competitive shooter, but still.

Oct 27, 2017
I think im steadily falling into the 'this game just isn't for me' territory which sucks because i want to love it. I want to enjoy my time with it but i just can't seem too.

I have 1 enjoyable run maybe every 15 games or so. I don't solely care about getting the win. I don't care about getting double digit kills or even racking up the highest damage. I just want to feel like im on a team that's playing smart as a unit and that we have a fighting chance when we find ourselves in an encounter.

I had a game where one guy on the team had a mic and it was nothing but light static as he breathed into it. I didn't mute him because i figured he'd provide callouts when necessary since we seem to be past the days where people actually try to ping stuff anymore. At some point his phone rings and he takes the call and starts talking on the phone with his friend. Whatever. Few minutes later he runs face first into a squad and gets knocked. This slowly leads to a team wipe as is the usual outcome in these cases and he proceeds to talk shit to his friend on the phone about how shitty we were as teammates.

I have a buddy on my friends list that i play with that helps a bit to mitigate randoms but the catch 22 is that he's only available during peak hours. (Night and on weekends) Peak hours simultaneously brings out the best and worst of the community. You have premade teams that might as well be MLG pro and melt your ass on sight combined with the third man on your squad thinking he's john wick.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Yo, i love the title! hahahaahahah

edit: 6 kills a game? you could be champion almost all the time. damn! props

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Does the game not track kills accurately for anyone else? I have at least 6 kills but it just says 1. I don't really care but kind of annoying. I'm really not very good at this game or any competitive shooter, but still.

It tracks kills per character, not overall. So if you have been trying out different characters, that is why.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017

Lol it's been 5 weeks as you said. A lot of games can go months after a launch and still be ok with little word out updates. They have made changes and announced upcoming items that they plan to fix as well. What more do we need at the moment, it's in the works. Also it's still March and that is all that needs to be said for the battle pass. That's all the ever said was March and it's still March... You can bring it up again as an issue if it's not launched by 4/1. Just cause a random rumor is out about today's date doesn't mean they need to comment on it.

This isn't hurting the player base by not announcing a battle pass date. Just wait until a new legend drops with the battle pass. It's going to be a mad rush back for anyone who stopped playing for a few weeks due to boredom or no news. If you like the game you will be back for more.

We don't need a situation where they are rushing out content that's not ready. That will just create frustration and more patches. That could be time spent on better things like new skins, guns, maps, legends, etc.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Personally I don't care if Apex isn't top of the streaming pile. It's a great game, let the add-ons come when they are ready, I am still enjoying it. Eh.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much. Repeating that it's coming soon is not an update, it's nothing.

They either have a date, or it's delayed.

No date doesn't mean that...
March = 13th-31st (unless we overlooked it's availability)

That's your dates and if it's not released on 3/31 then it's delayed. That was easy!

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
No date doesn't mean that...
March = 13th-31st (unless we overlooked it's availability)

That's your dates and if it's not released on 3/31 then it's delayed. That was easy!
You don't think Respawn have a plan for this roadmap? They have targets, otherwise they would not have released the image, so they have a date. The fact they won't reveal the date despite all these 'leaks' and misinformation leads me to believe there's a delay.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't think Respawn have a plan for this roadmap? They have targets, otherwise they would not have released the image, so they have a date. The fact they won't reveal the date despite all these 'leaks' and misinformation leads me to believe there's a delay.
is this your first respawn game?
they wont reveal a date or details until its ready to go, which includes going through cert

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.