• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
My favourite thing about this game is when you pick up a team mates banner, it refuses to let you fire your fucking gun for about 15 hours after you do so. It's brilliant.

This is definitely annoying. I hate how there's a sometimes delay to equipping a weapon too - sometimes right after doing something else, e.g. shooting a smoke or landing from a balloon flight or whatever, I have to hammer 1/2 for a good second or two before the weapon actually equips. This has lead my to death a couple of times already.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The first "from slope to the watch tower" sounds a bit too high, you can already jump on top of the middle buildings in skull town, easily.
When i say slope, I mean right where the platform ends and the ground begins and then slopes. Hard to explain with a video.

Take a look at this clip.

Without me placing it on top of the 2 boxes, I wouldn't have been able to make it on top of that wall. If they added just that much more to the height of jump then I think it'd be perfect.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When i say slope, I mean right where the platform ends and the ground begins and then slopes. Hard to explain with a video.

Take a look at this clip.

Without me placing it on top of the 2 boxes, I wouldn't have been able to make it on top of that wall. If they added just that much more to the height of jump then I think it'd be perfect.

Ok gonna try that but looks like it should be able to do.
Did you know if you press jump at the same time when you get launched you jump higher?

benj

Oct 27, 2017
not being able to shoot when you pick up a teammate's banner is intentional. that's like complaining that you can't shoot your gun while you're reloading it. ability to shoot is purposefully disabled during some actions to make specific decisions more meaningful

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Ok gonna try that but looks like it should be able to do.
Did you know if you press jump at the same time when you get launched you jump higher?
I did not know that. I'll have to try that later and see if that makes up the height distance.

Only other small thing i'd like is a grenade style launch indicator that shows you what the throw arc is when throwing the jump pad.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's nice ending my session with a win. It got pretty hairy too. Smashed between two squads and the ring closing. Luckily, the final squad was just one dude, so the ending was easy.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Saw something funny. Our squad knocked and Octane and his body went flying into his own nearby jump pad.

He arced through the air about the distance you'd expect, still knocked. Someone had to run over to box him.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Saw something funny. Our squad knocked and Octane and his body went flying into his own nearby jump pad.

He arced through the air about the distance you'd expect, still knocked. Someone had to run over to box him.
Teammate of mine made use of that when I won yesterday. Used it to escape toward where I was healing outside a wall.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if he was hacking or not but our team got wiped by one Octane who proceeded to revive his teammates while being chased by the last squad and then won the game. He had 18 kills on his banner, and when I started speccing it was all in the current game.

Also didn't end up playing with anyone who picked Octane.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts on season 1:

Octane's running animation is hilarious.

The grind to get to level 100 on the battle pass seems extreme.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
play as octane and get bonus xp for season 1. i reached lvl 5 the first day which was about 3ish hours maybe of total playtime?

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I am not sure this is the right topic,

Me and my friend are looking for a third member in early evenings ( I live in the UK) and evenings On PS4.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, got a guy who didn't do anything in my squad just now. Kind of suspecting he was idling for Battle Pass exp but I sure hope not.

VirtuaGrant

Mar 15, 2019
Welp, got a guy who didn't do anything in my squad just now. Kind of suspecting he was idling for Battle Pass exp but I sure hope not.

I had that twice last night in the space of maybe 10 matches. They just stood there and died outside the circle.
I hadn't put it together that it might be idling for exp but hopefully it doesn't become a trend.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly not a fan of this patch right now. I seem to encounter more lag, more suspicious deaths and also less good items scattered around.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I noticed that the badges have animation. Is it a bug that they don't move in the squad screen?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The sound is still pants for me.

Just had a guy open a door behind me without making a peep followed by another guy who ran at me and killed me without a sound.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they'll get around to implementing an idle/AFK penalty (no XP, prevented from re-queuing for some time, teammates free to leave without penalty).

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had a 15 kill game going with 6 squads left, and of course my pansy teammates refused to stop camping and help my push it higher. A squad comes out and I'm pleading to just come out and fight after I know 2 of them, of course they stay inside, let them rez and then die. Fucking dead weight

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly not a fan of this patch right now. I seem to encounter more lag, more suspicious deaths and also less good items scattered around.
I've been saying it for weeks but the energy weapon drop buff pushed all the good guns (the majority of guns) out and it sucks. Hot zones should be a good amount of loot to encourage going there, like school or military in pubg or tilted towers in fortnite.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Man, today's games have been fun, my aim is on point and it's clear a lot of people returned because of the BP. Even managed to snatch three consecutive wins.

Also speaking of the Battle Pass, I'm already level 5. I can definitely see myself getting to 100 before season 2.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I wish they would sure-up their badges/stats system with some QoL improvements. Some badges don't actively show your progression to them and the ones that do you have to go to the specific character banner to cross-reference. How am I suppose to know how much BP bonus I have with each character? Or how many top 5s this season I have with each? These badges exist for a reason.

I don't understand their insistence on hiding or obstructing stats. The framework and tracking is obviously there behind their guarded wall.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I wish they would sure-up their badges/stats system with some QoL improvements. Some badges don't actively show your progression to them and the ones that do you have to go to the specific character banner to cross-reference. How am I suppose to know how much BP bonus I have with each character? Or how many top 5s this season I have with each? These badges exist for a reason.

I don't understand their insistence on hiding or obstructing stats. The framework and tracking is obviously there behind their guarded wall.

I believe you can see your BP character xp numbers in the top right corner of the battle pass tab.

Oct 28, 2017
California
I only play a few nights a week but I have a blast every time I play. I'm barely level 19 and have yet to unlock any of the 3 extra legends. Is buying the battle pass the best way to go since it gives you 1000 Apex coins?

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I only play a few nights a week but I have a blast every time I play. I'm barely level 19 and have yet to unlock any of the 3 extra legends. Is buying the battle pass the best way to go since it gives you 1000 Apex coins?
Only get those coins if you play to like level 97 of battlepass, and its about twice the XP needed per level of BP.
I don't play a lot, I am only level 27, So I just bought the expensive version to get the extra 25 levels and a bunch of unlocks. I love this game and have no problem supporting respawn.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
I could swear he said that once already
Is buying the battle pass the best way to go since it gives you 1000 Apex coins?

I think level 20 is when you can afford your first hero with red coins, so you're almost there. If you only play a few nights a week in not sure you will get enough coins from the battle pass. You can just spend buy $20 worth of apex coins to get the other two heroes and have some left over to buy apex packs

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just survived a 8th party.

8 squads one after another rolled on us and got melted. The boxes were stacked high.

A random guy on our squad got 17 kills.

The third partying is pissing me off again. There seems to be no other tactic than 'run toward the noise'. Games rely heavily on other teams not jumping on you back the second you make a small amount of noise.

Last edited:

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC

Totally agree, it's a pain trying to keep track of who I've won with, got a kill with (you have to remember this every day - and when in the day does it reset?), top 5s, etc. I wish they'd surface it a little better. Those improvements can/will come with time I imagine

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I finished the weekly challenge with Octane ì, but it gave me nothing. Will I receive the points at the end of the week?

Oct 27, 2017
Getting really old when randoms not only want to take everything, even when you open a crate first, but then loot all the death boxes from your kills as fast as they can so you get nothing for your work. It's gotten really bad lately.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finished the weekly challenge with Octane ì, but it gave me nothing. Will I receive the points at the end of the week?
weekly challenge?
do you mean the xp bonus? theres nothing outside of the bonus xp you receive after each match. once youve exhausted the 25k you move onto another character

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Getting really old when randoms not only want to take everything, even when you open a crate first, but then loot all the death boxes from your kills as fast as they can so you get nothing for your work. It's gotten really bad lately.
Must be something in the air! I usually take the bare minimum of what I need quickly and just leave the rest. I wanna race the enemy, not my teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.