• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Level 5 Battle Pass reward is a badge telling me I've made it to level 5? So generous.

I've also noticed upon hitting level 50 I no longer get loot boxes from levelling up. So the only way to get the skins I want from here on is to buy them? Lovely stuff.
after 50 its every 5 levels = loot boxes
you stop receiving them after level 100

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Any word on when they're adding new season one skins to the apex packs? I've got 1500 gold left from buying the battlepass and Octane but hesitant to spend it as some new skins have got to be coming soon.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
The blood splatter but no damage issue is probably the most frustrating issue I've come across recently. The expectation vs reality on it so off that there's no way it feels excusable.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Buddy brought his PC over tonight and we played all night, I didn't have any crashes but he had 5 of them. Seems like this patch did introduce crashes again

Yeah. I was completely fine the past week since the previous patch before the season 1 patch, but tonights patch just....fucked everything up?

By any chance, do you know your buddies specs? Like his GPU and CPU?

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah. I was completely fine the past week since the previous patch before the season 1 patch, but tonights patch just....fucked everything up?

By any chance, do you know your buddies specs? Like his GPU and CPU?
He has my old Radeon 7970 for a GPU and an athlon CPU.
Trying to convince him to buy my old ryzen 5 1600, and 1060 6gb for dirt cheap, I just have sitting in a closet gathering dust but he's a cheap bastard lol

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He has my old Radeon 7970 for a GPU and an athlon CPU.
Trying to convince him to buy my old ryzen 5 1600, and 1060 6gb for dirt cheap, I just have sitting in a closet gathering dust but he's a cheap bastard lol

Haha.

Ok, so my GPU is an Nvidia 1060 and CPU is a Ryzen 5 1600x, so there's no correlation in specs between us that would explain the crashing. Hmm.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god I tend to play with at least one other person that can break a few hundred to a thousand damage (sometimes).

The patience I'd have to deal with two people getting 20-30 damage total would make me rip my hair out.

Sometimes the game feels more difficult than Sekiro when that shit happens lol

rayme

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I have had no crashes on my 2700x/2080ti since the first major patch. Really weird and a pain in the ass

If you can, submit the "apex_crash.txt" file's contents here or on the ea forums:
https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/b31k5b/crash_report_megathread

It is *extremely* useful and will let our engineers take action. We've already released one patch this week with fixes, and found overall crash rates plummet. Still more to do, of course.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I might be wrong but in my experience it usually just means that instead of say, a bunch of alternators and mozambiques etc you're more likely to see stuff like hemlocks, heavy ammo and so on

You are broadly right, this video summarises the odds.

https://youtu.be/QSRn_JvZyog

In pure loot odds terms, because of the number of people in Hot zones, you are better going to another High tier area - unless you enjoy the engagements at the start, which is what a lot of people hot drop for.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I hate that I started with the weekly legend bonus on my favorite legends. Already knocked out Lifeline and Bangalore, and then rediscovered my love of Pathfinder since the hitbox buff but knocked him out also. Played Gibraltar the last couple hours and have him at more than half, then after that the next closest is Wraith at half and I can't stand her. Tonight is gonna be unfun with the legend choices I have left though.
Just finished 7 hours of play though and want to keep going but might call it a day. I really wanted to hit BP Level 12 for the xp bonus but only made it from 5 to 10. I guess I'll hit it tonight though. Had a few wins tonight, maybe four? Though I didn't contribute much to them. Had one win where I had two kills and only 27 damage (which isn't as good as the match we ended once where I had one kill and had dealt only one damage, lol, screenshot that one for sure). I'd like to push on to BP12 but I just hit 10 so it'd be a little while, and my squad got off. Looking forward to tonight though.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
caustic and gib are just the worst
you dont even have to try to hit them to hit them

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
caustic and gib are just the worst
you dont even have to try to hit them to hit them
I haven't unlocked Caustic yet; I've only hit level 51 recently and used the Legend Coins I have to get Mirage and Octane. I'm not looking forward to getting him though. I'd rather use Gibraltar any day, because I feel like maybe I'd luck into a kill from his airstrike (picked one up earlier)? Caustic's abilities don't appeal to me at all. And there are already legends whose abilities I dislike, like Bloodhound and Wraith, so I don't need another legend to divide my focus and split my bonus weekly bonus xp amongst.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
I haven't unlocked Caustic yet; I've only hit level 51 recently and used the Legend Coins I have to get Mirage and Octane. I'm not looking forward to getting him though. I'd rather use Gibraltar any day, because I feel like maybe I'd luck into a kill from his airstrike (picked one up earlier)? Caustic's abilities don't appeal to me at all. And there are already legends whose abilities I dislike, like Bloodhound and Wraith, so I don't need another legend to divide my focus and split my bonus weekly bonus xp amongst.
What's to dislike about Bloodhound? The scan is situational but his ult and passive are so good for getting a read on the enemy.

I'm loving Pathfinder post patch, easy high ground all the time.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I used to only ADS every time I fired my weapon but recently learned how great hipfiring is in this game. I hipfired a Spitfire close range on two enemies attacking me and roasted both. Don't be afraid to hipfire in those situations. It really works.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So dumb how people suggest the hot zone and land at the edge just to die then disconnect.

Like the only reason we're here is because you kept pinging the hot zone.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
So dumb how people suggest the hot zone and land at the edge just to die then disconnect.

Like the only reason we're here is because you kept pinging the hot zone.

Well thankfully the game gets you back into a new match in seconds after those shitty hot drops. In Blackout you'd have to back all the way out to the main menu, go through matchmaking and then spend minimum 30 seconds to a minute in that stupid loading area.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I think Bloodhounds tactical ability is detrimental for me. I can't see a fucking thing after using it because there's highlighted red bodies all over the screen and none of those is the actual person.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything better than solo squad wipes? They played this all wrong in so many ways. If I was on their team I'd be livid people weren't trying to get angles. No movement at all. Noobs.

Tried to cut down the time but I don't know how lol.

Last edited:

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
If you can, submit the "apex_crash.txt" file's contents here or on the ea forums:
https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/b31k5b/crash_report_megathread

It is *extremely* useful and will let our engineers take action. We've already released one patch this week with fixes, and found overall crash rates plummet. Still more to do, of course.
Hey thanks! I actually haven't had any crashes at all on my system. except for just after launch. But I will pass this on to my friend who was having crashes yesterday to submit his logs, I hope they help!

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
Got my first win but got carried hard. And side note are the bullets in this game projectile or hitscan?

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that I started with the weekly legend bonus on my favorite legends. Already knocked out Lifeline and Bangalore, and then rediscovered my love of Pathfinder since the hitbox buff but knocked him out also. Played Gibraltar the last couple hours and have him at more than half, then after that the next closest is Wraith at half and I can't stand her. Tonight is gonna be unfun with the legend choices I have left though.
i did this too, fucking pain in my ass having to play gibraltar after playing my fun heroes. i like gibraltar but playing him sucks pretty bad

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Finally had my first >2000 damage game with 12 kills. Absolutely mental at one point. Like 15 deathboxes in bunker and like 5 of them contained legendary armour.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Got my first win but got carried hard. And side note are the bullets in this game projectile or hitscan?
I'm pretty sure everything but Havoc shoot projectile. Not sure if it's just the Havoc or energy weapons in general, though.

Edit: Actually, I think it might just be the Havoc's beam mode that's hitscan. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone ever said what causes the game crashes on PS4? It seems to be happening way less since the last update but I just had it happen again.

It's really weird because TF2 ran perfectly fine for me for the two dozen hours I played it. Is this game just stretching their engine too far or something?

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure everything but Havoc shoot projectile. Not sure if it's just the Havoc or energy weapons in general, though.

Edit: Actually, I think it might just be the Havoc's beam mode that's hitscan. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Your edit is correct. Everything* is projectile. Differing travel speed/drop, energy weapons are fastest but only Havoc's Selectfire is a hitscan (tight spread) attack.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
You guys weren't kidding about the battle pass grind, woah. Finally had time to play today - 10ish games with 3 wins took me to level 2. Doesn't seem like a good purchase for people not good at the game, it would take FOREVER.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
My buddies and I are hanging out trying to play together on Xbox. We're all wired to the same router but we keep getting connection errors in game with only one of us getting into the game. Anybody know what's up?

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
You guys weren't kidding about the battle pass grind, woah. Finally had time to play today - 10ish games with 3 wins took me to level 2. Doesn't seem like a good purchase for people not good at the game, it would take FOREVER.
The boosts that you earn throughout the battlepass really help. You level up faster as you progress. I played for about 3 or 4 hours last night and didn't do super well and I went up from 26 to 29.

Oct 25, 2017
Just started on the BP last night and only around level 5. I'm only level 50 overall and mostly play on weekends so I don't know if I'll be able to grind this out in three months or not. Starting to wish I bought the premium pass with the free 25 levels ._.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just started on the BP last night and only around level 5. I'm only level 50 overall and mostly play on weekends so I don't know if I'll be able to grind this out in three months or not. Starting to wish I bought the premium pass with the free 25 levels ._.

If you did 50 levels in 1 months, how does 100 in 3 WITH boosters sound impossible?

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Saw something really strange last night on PS4. One player killed our entire team and it seemed strange cause they came from nowhere and just downed each of us within seconds After we viewed them and they had 25 kills already. I think they ended with 28 or so.

They definitely had a partner within their group and seemed to know where people were at and just would run to them and never be wrong on a location. The final engagement is where it really got strange. Basically the person with all the kills would just throw out a ton of med kits and once even a gold backpack on the ground. They did this a couple of times and even did it during the final firefight. A teammate reported them. They had almost 7,000 kills as wraith so it was questionable for sure. They took damage but something seemed really off about it and I don't understand dropping of items. A teammate found videos of them online listing a description as almost like a bot.

Status
Not open for further replies.