• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe this still doesnt have skill based matchmaking or even level based matchmaking. It does nothing but frustrate everyone when level 3's are in games with level 90's.

Not as frustrating as 10 minute long queues because the pool of available players are tiny due to SBMM or LBMM.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
bittersweet feeling making it to second place as a duo after your better-than-you toxic Wraith main teammate quits the match before it even starts

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
...literally millions of people are playing this game.

That's spread throughout the world and over the entirety of the 24 hour clock. Further splitting that up into smaller and smaller segments just shrinks the pool considerably. It absolutely would create queue times.

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
That's spread throughout the world and over the entirety of the 24 hour clock. Further splitting that up into smaller and smaller segments just shrinks the pool considerably. It absolutely would create queue times.
It is absolutely splitting up the pool and when that's millions of players the smaller pool isn't noticeable at all. Your suggestion of 10 minute matchmaking is silly.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
It is absolutely splitting up the pool and when that's millions of players the smaller pool isn't noticeable at all. Your suggestion of 10 minute matchmaking is silly.

It wasn't a suggestion. It was exaggeration for effect. It's also something that's happened by example in many, many games that have the match making pool split by various criteria.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
so while aiming at gibs i noticed and ask, is his shield bigger now? feels like his head is barely visble above the shield and it covers a lot of his torso/arm hitbox. so essentially you need to take out 175 if you dont get headshots. dayum, wait that's not including the 10% reduction of damage too. idk how i feel about it.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
They need to implement something like it permanently otherwise not a lot of people are going to end up even completing the battle pass

I was doing some work on it, but I've decided to pull back a bit since I feel like I'm going to complete it, level 68. The only problem is, now I don't want to even attempt the grind anymore.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
I can't believe this still doesnt have skill based matchmaking or even level based matchmaking. It does nothing but frustrate everyone when level 3's are in games with level 90's.

I will always prefer connection based matchmaking over skill based. When Destiny changed to skill based the pvp went to shit.

But there should be like a beginners pool for new players only that they stay in untill they are level 20 or something.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I want to see a better punishment system for quiters. You should not be able to accept invites for other games when your already in one which I'm guessing happens alot because I often get invited to a game by the last randoms I was in while im matchmaking.

Also, if some one picks up your banner you should have the option to quit after 2 minutes. I've had games where my banner has been picked up by random players just so they can get to my loot. They've then proceeded to play the game until the end without respawning me.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
In Battle Royale games a level 10 can pretty easily outsmart a level 100 just by better loot, luck or position.
I think it's fine the way it is.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
In Battle Royale games a level 10 can pretty easily outsmart a level 100 just by better loot, luck or position.

Yup.

The genre itself is random: random loots, random flight paths to start the game, and random team games (if you want). All that would happen with a segmented player base is the people 'who know how to play the game' would just become emboldened more toxic like you see in shooters that focus on competiton.

"Only (insert slur here) use Gib"
"That my character" *quits out*
*Pushes and engages without telling anyone* WHY DIDNT YOU BACK ME UP!! U SUCK.

Yeah, i get it. The dude wandering on his own, not grabbing armor, begging you to save him when he decides to go Quake in skulltown sucks. But honestly its less annoying then dealing with people who "know" how to play the game and only care about winning their way

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

I read way back when the game was first released in one of those datamines that they had plans some kind of ranked mode eventually. I'm guessing the reason they haven't released it is that the level of toxicity in a ranked Apex match would be astounding if they don't fix all the issues first (slow mo bug, etc).

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
They can't drop ranked in this until they do a solos mode. Any of y'all ever play ranked solo in a team game before? like siege? It's literally like climbing out of the pits of hell. You can do it, hit those top ranks solo, but you have to go in with the patience of job and an attitude of "im going to be doing 100% of the work"

Apex solo is already like this I can't imagine what'll happen you put a way to measure dicks in it too.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
They can't drop ranked in this until they do a solos mode. Any of y'all ever play ranked solo in a team game before? like siege? It's literally like climbing out of the pits of hell. You can do it, hit those top ranks solo, but you have to go in with the patience of job and an attitude of "im going to be doing 100% of the work"

Apex solo is already like this I can't imagine what'll happen you put a way to measure dicks in it too.

I imagine you'd only play ranked with a proper pre-made squad otherwise yeah - it'd be insanity. Also, I'm not totally sure all these insane 7000 kill Wraiths really want to go up against other 7000 kill Wraiths. I think they enjoy stomping with zero cares.

Speaking of which, I was playing the other day with my squad (who are pretty decent) and the champions of the match were a trio that made up of a Pathfinder, Bangalore and Lifeline who each had over 5000 kills a piece. We ended going against them in the second to last circle - after not seeing anybody in the match the whole time. When they jumped us it was over SO FAST none of us could believe it. They dropped a Banglore ult on us, ziplined straight in and just flat out destroyed us in less than 10 seconds.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I mean yeah solo would be the perfect way because you are the only thing there.
But team only games also shows your skill, even when it might be a bit slower because of the randomness of teammates.
Its the typical "elo hell" reason that people use that think higher themselfs than they really are.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I mean yeah solo would be the perfect way because you are the only thing there.
But team only games also shows your skill, even when it might be a bit slower because of the randomness of teammates.
Its the typical "elo hell" reason that people use that think higher themselfs than they really are.

Come to think of it - I actually don't know how they'd adjust rank in something like Apex though. Would it be based off the amount of solo kills you get? Or if you managed to kill a team that was higher ranked then your team then you'd somehow climb because of that?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this game really tried to cater to the Gears crowd with these finishers but obviously none of them are nearly as satisfying.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wingman needed nerf hard (at least on pc side) and that seems like good nerf.
I just wish it had some kind of damage drop off at longer ranges, its still better sniper than snipers.
Damage drop off should be nerfed agreed but 4 bullets is just dumb. And how about buffing the useless weapons that they think should be everywhere. Like why is every location filled with 4 mozombiques?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
For God's sake when are they going to fix the slow motion glitch? It's happened to me twice this afternoon. And both times I had to team fight with it going on.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damage drop off should be nerfed agreed but 4 bullets is just dumb. And how about buffing the useless weapons that they think should be everywhere. Like why is every location filled with 4 mozombiques?

4 is fine, it was endgame ready before nerf straight when u pick it from ground, while other weapons need all kinds of parts before they are endgame ready.

Definitely didn't need a nerf on console.

Yeah well they dont split the balancing so it will never be balanced on both sides.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
4 is fine, it was endgame ready before nerf straight when u pick it from ground, while other weapons need all kinds of parts before they are endgame ready.

Yeah well they dont split the balancing so it will never be balanced on both sides.
4 is obnoxious. Nerf the damage fall off at a distance or increase reload time or both. Theyre focusing too much on nerfing good weapons instead of balancing the weaker weapons to compete. Ive said this since day 1 when they were saying bad weapons should be much easier to find. Its not enjoyable to drop into an area and find a bunch of trash weapons and die or to find the one really good weapon and run over everyone with trash weapons.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
They could make so much $ with selling all kinds of finishers for MTX that actually people could see and want to use.

The risk of a finisher is generally not worth it.

There is typically another squad mate around and you get no real reward for finishing.

It is much faster and safer to leave them or, if you are close enough to finish, then you can easily navigate around the knockdown shield.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
The risk of a finisher is generally not worth it.

There is typically another squad mate around and you get no real reward for finishing.

It is much faster and safer to leave them or, if you are close enough to finish, then you can easily navigate around the knockdown shield.

I agree with you in the sense that it wouldn't be a big money maker for those reasons. But the inclusion of it in the game is still cool as a way to sort of Flex on the person you downed.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
It's actually a perfectly fine gun on the initial drop, wiped plenty of no-armor squads with it. I always dump it immediately but it's good for hot drops.
yeah, i agree. i just hope the person im going against doesnt have any equal or greater than gun. lol plenty of times id think the person in the next room didnt have anything worth while and they end up having a 99. RIP ME

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegend...loot_in_this_game_is_just_terrible_sometimes/

Watch without the audio on (dude is a cry baby) but this is legit my experience with the game right now and when I do finally get a gun its a mozombique. I just dont understand why they think this is acceptable. Giving early pubg a serious run for their money in the worst loot drop department.
This just shows Respawn have somehow built karmic justice into the loot system

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah RNG can suck at times, but honestly almost most of the time I find something other than a p2002 or moz pretty quick, it def happens where no good loot
but then i have also gotten runs with great weapons and top ups next to purple shields.

but that guy his toxic behavior and screaming is way worse than anything else. also I think using retard as an insult is right up there with homophobic slurs. fuck this guy.

Crashnburn85

Oct 25, 2017
California
Did they fix the fortified bug yet? Was trying Gibraltar earlier and wasn't sure.

Also looking for PS4 people to join up with. I'm a decent player, won't carry a team though, but great at teamwork and commination. PSN: crashnburn85

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
There is literally no valid explanation as to why this game doesn't have the ability to reconnect if you crash yet.

None. At all.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Is there currently a known bug on PlayStation 4 where it looks like you're hitting for red health damage but they actually have shields? I swear this was happening last night and led to me getting way overaggressive when they were actually fully shielded.

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
I turned off aim acceleration yesterday and what a difference it makes! I can finally aim properly and lead/follow targets without issue now.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you mute your teammates pings, their boxes/beacons are removed from the hud. so that had me scrambling like a fool trying to figure which box had my teammates beacon. fun.

also, right trigger to launch? that should be removed. there have been times where i've unintentionally tapped it and launched without wanting to.

Last edited:

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
if you mute your teammates pings, their boxes/beacons are removed from the hud. so that had me scrambling like a fool trying to figure which box had my teammates beacon. fun.

also, right trigger to launch? that should be removed. there have been times where i've unintentionally tapped it and launched without wanting to.
What do you mean? It's Square/X by default.

Oct 28, 2017
Game still seems to struggle fairly often if a bunch of people drop immediately into a hot zone doesn't it. On Xbox at least. Slow downs and the sound being absolutely borked.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegend...loot_in_this_game_is_just_terrible_sometimes/

Watch without the audio on (dude is a cry baby) but this is legit my experience with the game right now and when I do finally get a gun its a mozombique. I just dont understand why they think this is acceptable. Giving early pubg a serious run for their money in the worst loot drop department.

Had a game yesterday where we dropped outside the bunker and my team spent 10 minutes without picking up a single piece of armour. We even killed 2 other teams that had no armour. It was ridiculous.

The loot clusters in this game need sorting out. It seems you go games without finding an item such as an extended mag only to drop into the next game and find at least 2 in every loot bin you open.

Status
Not open for further replies.