• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I am a bit confused are they still following the original roadmap? Because the roadmap mentions new loot and weapons for S1. Did they scrap everything for S1?

Edit: oh fuk, thought I was posting this in the other thread. I am not having a meltdown i swear lmao.

Last edited:

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I am a bit confused are they still following the original roadmap? Because the roadmap mentions new loot and weapons for S1. Did they scrap everything for S1?
It also mentioned legendS plural.

We know pro players even already played Watson with Octane at an event before season 1 started. Seems like they are slowing even more down.

Respawn's post launch support has always been rubbish but with the first TitanFall I simply attributed the fact for the game being the first in series. With TitanFall 2 it was because of law sales.

Now it's clear they actually are incapable of supporting a game properly, Gaas or payed model

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I will reserve most of my criticism for when the next battlepass hits, although I don't have much hope.

The base game is delightful, and it's a shame that I feel the way I do. If we'd seen at least another game mode I would have been content. This game would have probably been my contender for game of the year, but as it stands it's hard to defend it when most of my friends have moved on because they're getting bored. It doesn't help that the base game encourages one type of gameplay and isn't as varied as other battleroyal games out there.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I really don't get this, it's like "if you did not pay 60 bucks, there is nothing to complain"

Well judging by the completely dramatic outrage of your previous post, one would think that you spent hundreds of dollars in the game. I don't think the question is that far off.

Here's what I don't get: A Respawn dev posts an update saying they're fully committed to making Apex a better game (like working on a better Season 2 BP, bug fixes, etc) and that they're going to update the game at a healthy pace for their company and somehow people are miffed and even outraged at this. He even mentioned being more transparent with their plans. What did you want him to say? What if his post was the exact opposite? What if he said "Hey Everyone. So Apex was cool and all but we're done here. Thanks." At that point I could see outrage and people freaking out. He just said it's a massive priority for the company. It's not a bad thing.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Well judging by the completely dramatic outrage of your previous post, one would think that you spent hundreds of dollars in the game. I don't think the question is that far off.

Here's what I don't get: A Respawn dev posts an update saying they're fully committed to making Apex a better game (like working on a better Season 2 BP, bug fixes, etc) and that they're going to update the game at a healthy pace for their company and somehow people are miffed and even outraged at this. He even mentioned being more transparent with their plans. What did you want him to say? What if his post was the exact opposite? What if he said "Hey Everyone. So Apex was cool and all but we're done here. Thanks." At that point I could see outrage and people freaking out. He just said it's a massive priority for the company. It's not a bad thing.
Nobody is angry at that. Nobody was expecting Fortinite updates either. What they are saying though is "we were not ready for this success and we are not going to change a thing about anyway". It's fine if you don't kill your employees, but it is not fine to tell us that in 3 months when season 2 drops we are only going to receive 1 weapon, 1 legend and some map changes. You don't want to kill your employees? Invest in the game and Hire more.

One thing is to say are not going Fortnite way, another is we don't bloody care e we will carry on with what we already had planned, which is piss poor. They are basically saying they prefer the fanbase to reduce rather that actually add things to the game. If you ask me they are more focused on the Star Wars game and are not ready nor want to put resources in this

Furthermore I let you know that people can care despite the price payed. I wish I could be superficial like you and only care for things that I paid a lot for. We like the game and we bloody care without the need to throw money out of the window, it's painful when you read that you care about a game more than the devs do. 6 months after launch we are going to have 2 wepons and 2 characters added. That is it.

We already know what the map changes are, since they have been hinted. Really disappointing. It's Titanfall all other again

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I only won with him because the last two squads killed each other out of the ring.

He is beyond shit

Yep. His shield is so visible it can be seen from space, It acts as nothing but a 'here I am!' beacon. His gun shield doesn't pop fast enough for it to be useful. His Ult is ok for seperating your enemy from you when your low on health, but is easily avoidable and also serves a very visible and loud beacon for 3rd partys.

I can't even get carried with him. He's shit.

I hope future tanks are at least viable options. I don't mind the big hit boxes if they balance it out with powerful abilities and perks.

Last edited:

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Yep. His shield is so visible it can be seen from space, It acts as nothing but a 'here I am!' beacon. His gun shield doesn't pop fast enough for it to be useful. His Ult is ok for seperating your enemy from you when your low and health, but is easily avoidable and also serves a very visible and loud beacon for 3rd partys.

Without mentioning that he cannot use half of the weapons. You can't use snipers because he is huge and easily killable and he cannot use short range weapons because he cannot dance around targets being so massive that he would get hit anyway.

Is somebody is less than 10 ft from it's gg, they hit every single shot

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
It's not about the 10 bucks for fuck sake, it's about the fact that I unlocked stuff that I will never use again and obviously I regret having hope for a game that will be interesting to play again in a year.

I really hope the guy interviewed got it wrong
alright well i hope you enjoyed your time and go off playing something else to never post in here again

why would this matter? you can't voice criticism or complaints unless you've spent money or have played a significant amount?
complain away, but there's definitely a threshold where it stops being a criticism and more petulant whining and being dramatic about something with incredibly low personal investment

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
alright well i hope you enjoyed your time and go off playing something else to never post in here again

complain away, but there's definitely a threshold where it stops being a criticism and more petulant whining and being dramatic about something with incredibly low personal investment
And the threshold is decided by you? Or by the price paid?

How pathetic can one's intentions be when they start judging reactions of others?

Don't worry, even after I abandon the game I will stick around just to annoy cheap morals people like you

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
And the threshold is decided by you? Or by the price paid?

How pathetic can one's intentions be when they start judging reactions of others?

Don't worry, even after I abandon the game I will stick around just to annoy cheap morals people like you
i mean by all means keep going, it's not on me to give someone self-awareness about this stuff. if you just want to stick around and complain about a game you don't want to play anymore that's your time to waste, i'm just gonna put you on ignore from here on out and not miss out on anything lol.

The Hiveking

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. His shield is so visible it can be seen from space, It acts as nothing but a 'here I am!' beacon. His gun shield doesn't pop fast enough for it to be useful. His Ult is ok for seperating your enemy from you when your low on health, but is easily avoidable and also serves a very visible and loud beacon for 3rd partys.

I hope future tanks are at least viable options. I don't mind the big hit boxes if they balance it out with powerful abilities and perks.
Wait until they fix his damage reduction at least.

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Just played my first match with Mirage. I finally bought him after hoarding a ton of red money.

My squad was perpetually 20 meters ahead of me because I was messing around with his decoy at the start. I got no kills, did 0 damage, never even shot a single bullet, and won the match with what seemed like the second-to-last squad dying because they were just outside of the ring.

10/10 Mirage is now retired.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
i mean by all means keep going, it's not on me to give someone self-awareness about this stuff. if you just want to stick around and complain about a game you don't want to play anymore that's your time to waste, i'm just gonna put you on ignore from here on out and not miss out on anything lol.

Agreed. He's just been added to my very short ignored list too. What a drama queen.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Are they fucking serious???? I thought the one character was going to be just for the first season. Are they actually planning to release ONE WEAPON and ONE CHARACTER per season? Are they bonkers? I defended them all day every day but they can honestly sod off now, this is pathetic content. Not even Overwatch was this poor. Basically they are planning 4 characters and 4 weapons PER YEAR plus minor changes.

I am done honestly. Regret buying the first season pass, this game is going to be abandoned soon by me
Ok bye

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So I hit level 100 in the the BP last night.

It was ... anticlimactic. The havoc skin isn't bad. It's certainly ornate looking. I'm certainly going to equip it.

I'll probably keep playing to get the gold havoc skin but there's certainly no rush. I'm also not far from getting 100 season 1 kills for every legend, so I guess that's something to shoot for, but the grind really appears to be over until season 2 starts in six weeks.

I'm annoyed that there's literally no way for me to earn loot crates anymore.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
So I hit level 100 in the the BP last night.

It was ... anticlimactic. The havoc skin isn't bad. It's certainly ornate looking. I'm certainly going to equip it.

I'll probably keep playing to get the gold havoc skin but there's certainly no rush. I'm also not far from getting 100 season 1 kills for every legend, so I guess that's something to shoot for, but the grind really appears to be over until season 2 starts in six weeks.

I'm annoyed that there's literally no way for me to earn loot crates anymore.

Yeah, I'm at the same point. I'm keeping myself entertained by keeping a running tally on my phone of my top 5s with each legend for the badge, since there's no way to track it in-game...haha. Then just gonna go for the 25 wins badge, as 50 wins with 7 legends seems pretty insane.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still going for 50 wins with 7 different legends.... At 35 wins with 7 legends so far, need quite a bit more. It's very doable but honestly it's getting boring.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Just got back from vacation and decided to play a few rounds of Blackout with some of my pals who never left the game. It was incredibly fun because the TTK is so fast comparatively to Apex. I got 8 kills first game back and a dub. If you want to dominate in Blackout, just play Apex for awhile and go back. You'd be amazed at how fast you can heal up too by comparison. I had forgotten how speedy you can heal up in that game where in Apex it takes forever.

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
The Battlepass has made me realize I don't care for the passes and probably won't buy another simply due to the fact I feel like I can't put any time into other games if I wan't to grind out and complete the Battlepass. I was playing the shit out of this game and enjoying every second, then I went on a two week vacation and upon returning realized, yeah I love this game, but I have the desire to play other stuff as well and I just feel burnt out if I keep on grinding the BP.

So for me the most important content Respawn could provide to keep the game interesting is first and foremost completely new maps, then new modes, new legends, new weapons, and existing map changes. Give me that and I'll buy some Apex packs here and there to support Respawn.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still having fun with the game but the honeymoon period has definitely passed. I do wish there was new content like a gun, map, or mode. This map is really good but it would be really refreshing to have a new one next season.

Does anyone think we will be getting any content updates (aside from patches and bonus XP events) before the end of the current season? I'm really not sure.

Also, unrelated, but I've noticed the alternate color versions of skins on the store are almost universally far better than the primary version. I wonder if that's intentional lol. It makes some of the weaker skins look great.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
seeing people pay lip service to the idea that crunch in games is bad, then blast a fully-featured, free game for putting out more free content at an insufficient rate after release is disappointing (though not surprising)

i'm really glad that they're being up-front and managing expectations, because that seems like the most sustainable practice to me in terms of both handling their audience and creating a working environment that won't burn their developers out. it makes me much, much more interested in sticking with the game for the long haul

Tango-Pirate

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Them saying we will start each season with a new character isn't strictly saying there will only be one character per season.

I'm excited to see what they do to the map as well. There is that large, flat unused bit at the top of the map behind the mountains. I wonder if that will be developed into the map?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm calling it, when you play solo you are actually matched with pre made teams. I think it's bullshit that you only get matched with other solo players.

I've seen so many occasions where teams will work together to flank me, will dive on me when I'm finishing and run round corners as a unit while my team mates go for a stroll in a totally different direction despite my pings.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
People in here acting like people just drop games and don't come back. They never played seige then. New operation with a map and two operators comes out and a wave of people return. Even if it's temporary, they return spend some cash and then move on after about a month. This cycle happens over and over. It's not like Apex is going anywhere and people will return after a few content releases if they are bored now. They don't need everyone to stay on 24/7 since they have a good base already that obviously enjoy the product.

Sure some of the hardcore are disappointed but I bet they will be around regardless of saying they are done if a map revision or a few legends are realeased.

I also didn't take a legend at the start of the season, meaning we only get one per season.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I'm still having fun with the game but the honeymoon period has definitely passed. I do wish there was new content like a gun, map, or mode. This map is really good but it would be really refreshing to have a new one next season.

Does anyone think we will be getting any content updates (aside from patches and bonus XP events) before the end of the current season? I'm really not sure.

Also, unrelated, but I've noticed the alternate color versions of skins on the store are almost universally far better than the primary version. I wonder if that's intentional lol. It makes some of the weaker skins look great.
If you asked me this a week ago I would have said yes. We were expecting new weapons and maybe a new character. Now I don't think so. They even said that the meta is going to be shaken in season 2, so that means they are also done with balancing this season.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
People in here acting like people just drop games and don't come back. They never played seige then. New operation with a map and two operators comes out and a wave of people return. Even if it's temporary, they return spend some cash and then move on after about a month. This cycle happens over and over. It's not like Apex is going anywhere and people will return after a few content releases if they are bored now. They don't need everyone to stay on 24/7 since they have a good base already that obviously enjoy the product.

Sure some of the hardcore are disappointed but I bet they will be around regardless of saying they are done if a map revision or a few legends are realeased.
I have 900 hours in Siege. That game is nowhere to be compared to this. First of all it launched with decent content and second we get 2 operators and a new map each season.

We are not discussing the wait, that is fine, but the fact that they are going to add poor content at the start of each season and then apparently nothing else.

Imagine if Siege every 3 months dropped one operator and no map

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I have 900 hours in Siege. That game is nowhere to be compared to this. First of all it launched with decent content and second we get 2 operators and a new map each season.

We are not discussing the wait, that is fine, but the fact that they are going to add poor content at the start of each season and then apparently nothing else.

Imagine if Siege every 3 months dropped one operator and no map

That game didn't launch well at all. It had a ton of negativity and a lot of threads on it being a failure. I have friends that played at launch and it was horrendous with issues and bugs. It's wasn't until several operations in until it turned things around. Seige is used as an example of how a Gaas game like fallout 76 can turn things around with time from a rough launch. Apex is in this category of Gaas games and didn't have a rough launch at all. It doesn't have to be a straight match of games for comparison since it's in the Gaas offering. Apex over time will have a lot of content even on a slower than fortnite realease cycle. And is it really that slow? Cause it may not look that way after a year or two. You have potential for 15-20 legends within that timeframe.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
That game didn't launch well at all. It had a ton of negativity and a lot of threads on it being a failure. I have friends that played at launch and it was horrendous with issues and bugs. It's wasn't until several operations in until it turned things around. Seige is used as an example of how a Gaas game like fallout 76 can turn things around with time from a rough launch. Apex is in this category of Gaas games and didn't have a rough launch at all. It doesn't have to be a straight match of games for comparison since it's in the Gaas offering. Apex over time will have time of content even on a slow realease cycle. And is it really that slow cause it may not look that way after a year or two. You have potential for 15-20 legends within that timeframe.
Yup I was there D1. I was talking about content. That was decent, and even with all the problems they had to work on they still managed to release always 2 operators and one map. Always except for a single season which came in the second year of the game.

R6 launched with 20 operators, Apex 8. Rainbow six had 9 maps at launch, Apex 1 (even though I am not really comparing that part)

Here we have a game that is nowhere as the R6 situation and yet they clearly planned a very poor support for god knows only reason.

We forgave the launch of season 1, after all the game just launched, but in a interview they said we have to expect pretty much the same in season 2. That is not forgivable

The 2 games are in no way comparable.

Even overwatch managed a little better

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Seige could make an amazing BR. Highrise or skyscraper style map with collapsing floors (from either top it bottom) and maybe have sky bridges to transition or force people between buildings as well. Floors could have various designs and looks to add variety as well. Plus they could keep the operator element in someway as well.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
I'd like to see a 100% or mostly indoor BR map. A huge industrial complex or temple/ruins with tons of different passages and areas.
Dropping at the beginning means chosing one of the many entrances to that facility or something like that.

And yes, a skyscaper with 100 floors or something like that would also be cool. You have to choose a floor at the beginning and there are different ways to walk from floor to floor (stairs, elevator, holes in the ceiling/ground, rope from the windows, fire exit stairs outside et cetera).

Oct 28, 2017
Just unlocked the final loot box in the battle pass which means, because I'm rank 100, no more loot boxes until June, maybe?

Yay!

I've got 1025 crafting material that I can't do anything with.

Completely baffling that you can't unlock more boxes once hitting 100. Christ, every 5 level ups after 50 was bad enough.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
They should have something where if you get top 5 with so much damage you get a chance to win a free pack. This would encourage winning and not camping since you need to get both for the random chance.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
They should have something where if you get top 5 with so much damage you get a chance to win a free pack. This would encourage winning and not camping since you need to get both for the random chance.

I rarely, if ever, see people camping in Apex. It's one of the things I like so much about the game. In Blackout I used to run into people camping in bathrooms in a random gas station all the time. I do like the idea of having some kind of win bonus like you mentioned though.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I rarely, if ever, see people camping in Apex. It's one of the things I like so much about the game. In Blackout I used to run into people camping in bathrooms in a random gas station all the time. I do like the idea of having some kind of win bonus like you mentioned though.

Haha same! I hung out in a few bathrooms in blackout quads when I was the only person in the team left and a full squad was in the building. Was just hoping for a fight to break out in the final circle. Plenty of people in that game thought it was a safe area to hide and go away from the game as well. I tried to loot someone once since there was a death bag but soon after i realized it was another player on top of it.

Main idea around damage and a top placement combo for Apex packs would be to prevent the complaints of encouragement for camping. People complained on this with the survivability bonus you get this season. I rarely see people camping as well since you can just start another match to keep the bonus going.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Just hit base game level 100 last night, so I guess that sucks. I've got maybe two Apex packs left from the Battle Pass and then hopefully new packs in the new Battle Pass more than six weeks from now.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

They could've just took a page out of OW and gave a box every level. Seemed like a no brainer 🤷🏽‍♂️

Probably close to base level 200 by now and only got a couple boxes from the season pass. So dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.