• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Admittedly I haven't played in like four days, which is my longest break since the game came out, so it could be placebo, but the sound seems weird with the new patch.

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
It's so exciting when they drop a patch. Will they accidentally erase everyone accounts again? Will they somehow delete all the guns from the game? Who knows, but you can be assured they'll be confused about it and might eventually fix it.

thelostone

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
Hey is there a Titanfall 2 thread I'm really getting back into it if not can someone start one I'm sorry to derailed the thread

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Admittedly I haven't played in like four days, which is my longest break since the game came out, so it could be placebo, but the sound seems weird with the new patch.

audio is terrible now gun shots and the death sound are super loud and now the falling sound from droping is low the mix is all messed up. Footsteps are really loud to the point I'm almost confused where they are coming from. I turned my headset up and the first kill I had nearly made me deaf for taking so long with these patches they sure don't seem to be well tested.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Since i've been balancing my play time between this and Fornite i've definitely been having more fun in both games. I think its important to take a break every now and then so you don't get burned out. After watching Shroud play Hunt: Showdown last week i'm also looking forward to that game since it looks fun and should satisfy that PVPE itch.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
audio is terrible now gun shots and the death sound are super loud and now the falling sound from droping is low the mix is all messed up. Footsteps are really loud to the point I'm almost confused where they are coming from. I turned my headset up and the first kill I had nearly made me deaf for taking so long with these patches they sure don't seem to be well tested.

Haven't played in a minute but this is hilarious to read. Good ol Respawn.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Could just be me but the performance somehow also seems worse on a regular PS4...

After getting my 50 wins with 7 different legends badge a week ago, shortly afterwards I basically stopped playing. Tried a couple matches today with the new patch and it looks like I've finally reached the point where I've had enough of Apex, at least for the moment. But once I get to this point with a multiplayer game, I usually can't get super into it later. :/

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the audio changes may end up hurting peoples hearing if theyre not aware of the specifics. someone could compensate for the lower audio and turn up the volume in their headphones only to be surprised by the piercing gunshots/explosions.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Sounds like they need that nighttime audio mode Siege has, which lowers the loudest sounds or something like that

I'm interested to hear the changes for myself tonight

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Yeah, sound is worse for me after the patch, I had a Pathfinder litteraly setting a zipline, riding it and landing 5m from me and I only noticed when he Peacekeepered my unaware ass. I'm usually the first from my squad to ear footsteps from behind the next montain.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Somehow by 'fixing' the audio load on the PS4 CPU, not only have they ruined the sound levels and mix, but now it seems they've made character lag teleporting and tracking worse along with bizarre fucking desyncing? This in conjunction with the terrible weekly store having fewer items than ever and nothing to spend Red Tokens on.

If you told me the live team over at Respawn were actively trying to sabotage this game so they can get back to work on Titanfall 3, I'd believe you at this point.

Last edited:

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had a solid run for 1-2 hours last night with our semi-regular squad and pulled 5 wins in a row. So much fucking fun. Highlight was final circle 2 squads left and we dropped a wraith portal to go out of the circle and back that was spotted so I solo flanked a low ground D-day storm route and shotty'd two from behind for the win. Boom. Low of the night (secretly a highlight) was me laughing too hard at a mates joke and then blindly walking straight off relay bridge to my own death with full gear kitted. Ooops.

Patch notes look good for stabilizing the game, it's what it really needs TBH. I'd like more content in terms of map changes or another map but I'll settle for solid reliable games of this caliber any day. Hit registration and audio fixes are key for me, seem to be what I run into the most.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Playing with friends is totally different, though. You really don't even need to call dibs because usually everyone has mics on.
Sure, but I feel the same way when I'm not playing with friends. When I'm playing with randos and someone pings level 2 body armor, my dibs means "I could use that." If someone else makes it over there before me and takes it, that means they could use it, too. Either way, someone on my team who needs level 2 body armor is getting it—I don't think the dibser is entitled to it just because they dibs. I've played with a couple randos who insta-dibs stuff and then grouse when someone else takes it, and I've always thought they were acting like a child.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of the players who drop next to me, come into a building right after me, and then get mad when I pick up a weapon on the ground because "hey, I wanted to use that." Yeah, I wanted to use it, too. That's why I picked it up.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Same. Weather was glorious here in NYC so I didn't play all weekend but when I briefly jumped on today the sound felt off after the update and I felt like I was getting melted as Pathfinder. Did the new hit reg adjustments make Path easier to hit? Maybe I was just having an off day after being away. Even 3 days off this game can be enough to make you rusty.

Last edited:

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Wait, they removed the Legend token purchase options from the store? Did they run out of unique skins or something?

Seriously, why? There's literally nothing to use these tokens on, and if we really only get one character every three months then wtf are these for?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how the fuck do you manage to screw up the audio "fix"? its far more annoying than it was before

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
When you hover over the tokens it still says 'unlocks legends and store exclusive items' so it's totally bizarre that they've removed the option.

I can't wait for the next update to see what else they fuck up.

Edit: Played a few games and sound is absaloutly fucked. Just had a octane run up on me and shoot me from nearly point blank without a whisper. I actually play better when I turn off the audio and play music.

Last edited:

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I can't get my head around the decision to change the store like that. You now have an in-game currency that is practically redundant, it's just a completely illogical decision for them to make.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get my head around the decision to change the store like that. You now have an in-game currency that is practically redundant, it's just a completely illogical decision for them to make.

"We hear your complaints about this in-game currency that is not how it should be. Indeed we agree that it should be handled better. Therefore we're removing it."

Foolproof plan.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and you still cant hear pathfinder swinging around and landing right behind you

fuck this game lol im done

Oct 27, 2017
If you told me the live team over at Respawn were actively trying to sabotage this game so they can get back to work on Titanfall 3, I'd believe you at this point.

It really is strange. The game play itself is almost perfectly designed; nearly everything has a purpose and feels meticulously crafted, but anything not related to that is atrocious. The store makes zero sense, the updates break more things than they fix, additional features are incredibly slow (not just by Fortnite's impossible standard), the first battlepass added almost nothing of value... It's bizarre.

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
Their timelines failed to sync up and the recolored skins that were supposed to go up last week will go up this week. They had previously said recolors would take a long time to cycle back through the store so they decided to just not have any this week. You'll be able to go back to not spending your useless currency on recolors you can't buy because you don't have the original skin starting Wednesday.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

I go back and forth. Last week I thought I was more into the game then I was in the previous month. Now I'm thinking there's really nothing that's driving me to play more than a few matches in a session unless I'm with a good squad. I really can't stomach playing solo anymore, honestly. Apex is certainly not going to keep me glued to my seat playing for hours on end over the weekends anymore. I end up just feeling like I wasted a day doing that now, whereas 2 months ago it was the opposite. I've got 92 wins under my belt this season with Pathfinder and I'm done with the BP so matches just feel repetitive now. The weird audio stuff that's happening with the update ain't helping either.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You're convincing me to wait for the next patch considering audio issues have been a persistent thing for MONTHS now. Then again I'm not holding my breath because the latest update is apparently making people go deaf. Fuck the crunch tho /s

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
When you hover over the tokens it still says 'unlocks legends and store exclusive items' so it's totally bizarre that they've removed the option.

I can't wait for the next update to see what else they fuck up.

Yeah, this is just ... fucking stupid. And of course, those tokens are literally the only currency I can earn while playing at this point.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I load it up for one match to see if I can still bomb on these kids every now and then. 15 kills. Yep. Seems about right. Time to turn it off before the audio issues take over my playtime.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
The game can be too easy at times, which is ironically the same reason I dropped Titanfall 1.

The difference is that in Titanfall 1 it was absolute insanity and you were pulling crazy moves the whole time with shit blowing up everywhere and pilots wallrunning and rodeoing Titans. This alone kept me around for awhile with T1.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game can be too easy at times, which is ironically the same reason I dropped Titanfall 1.

For me, I dropped it because it got boring. The gameplay is still fun but I burned myself out way too fast and yeah, I guess the idea of just pubstomping every other match can get tiresome when you feel like you're not getting challenged. I guess I could go for that rare 20 kill badge but eh. I'll stick to the SBMM in OW or Alcatraz in Blackout.

Oct 26, 2017
Wanted to test this game on my new video card, didn't even realize there was a patch. But everything ran really nice and smooth, I thought sound was fine. Hit detection was solid. And opponents were... not good. Got a pretty easy win with also-not-good randoms, despite not really remembering my keybinds and trying to figure out the heal system in the end game. I don't think my shields ever got broken. I'll stick to PUBG for my BR fix, and I think playing too much Apex would just give me bad PUBG habits. But it's fun to do a faster paced BR now and then. And this is much better than Blackout or Firestorm.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I dunno, for me audio levels are all over the place. Teammates footsteps seem louder, I get paranoid everytime they're on a different floor than the one I'm on.

But the lowered audio in the character selection screen is definitely appreciated

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love people that talk shit all match then try to add you after the fact you carried their asses.

Naw I'm good.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I have the worst luck when it comes to early weapons. I can be the first one up the rope in Water Treatment/Runoff and be greeted with Mozambiques and Alternators.

I vividly remember one game in Marketplace because it was such a rarity. Be the first into one of the rooms, get a Peacekeeper, run outside to help a downed teammate, 1 shot for a knock down, 1 more for the kill, then his teammates get me.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Please, for the late be of God, release Solos Respawn.

Todays games have been a huge low point in my time with the game. I've not been revived once, players are dropping seperate to me and I've had two occasion where ive been ambushed and been in a 1 Vs 3 situation while my team mates have spectated while not firing a shot.

I'm done with the game until there are changes. I have no interest in the starwars game either based on the after release care this game has received.

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't posted in these Apex threads much, but I just want to say that I do think the most recent patch was solid, at least for me.

It feels like it really did help with the sound mix and the various sound issues that would occasionally happen.

But the real big thing, at least for me and it could just be a placebo effect, but it really feels like whatever they did to tweak the hit registration has really helped. I feel like my shots are much more crisp and I've had several really solid games since. For awhile it felt like the aiming/shooting did get worse somehow, at least on my end as it felt like shots I'd have made earlier in the games' life I had started to whiff on.

Here's a game I recorded after this patch where I'm rocking the G7 and a Prowler with a Select Fire to great success (except the crucial, final 1v1 choke ;_; feelsbadman).

I've not been too fond of the scout in this game so far, but my shots with it were landing in this match. This and several other games where it's just felt like my shots were right on point has made me think the hit reg tweaks were solid.

I play a little almost everyday but I'm only just now to level 81 in the BP. My hope is to get to 110 without spending any extra money as I only spent the base 950 Apex Coins for the BP. With ~4 weeks left in this first season battle pass, I have to imagine that they are going to start talking about what season 2 is going to bring to the game.

The first season BP was a bit of a slog, but I've had fun regardless, just because the game is so strong in its design. I'm excited to see what S2 brings and I hope it really injects some new life into the game & helps bring back players that have dropped off because I'd like to see Respawn and this do well.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
players are dropping seperate to me

That happened to me two or three times on my last solo-queue session, and I cannot for the love of god understand why people would jump solo rather than stick with their teammates. Feels like the TEAM aspect of the game is completely lost on them, I hate that.

On the other hand, on that same session, I also landed with a Pathfinder who was actually team-play oriented, and who, despite the 3rd person quitting, managed to carry us to the win. Too bad for that 3rd mate who ragequit as soon as they were downed, oopsie!

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
That happened to me two or three times on my last solo-queue session, and I cannot for the love of god understand why people would jump solo rather than stick with their teammates. Feels like the TEAM aspect of the game is completely lost on them, I hate that.

On the other hand, on that same session, I also landed with a Pathfinder who was actually team-play oriented, and who, despite the 3rd person quitting, managed to carry us to the win. Too bad for that 3rd mate who ragequit as soon as they were downed, oopsie!
I jump with team but before landing I separate myself from them so I can loot fast and let my teammates loot instead of all three of us in one building

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I jump with team but before landing I separate myself from them so I can loot fast and let my teammates loot instead of all three of us in one building

Nooo that's not what I meant by jumping separately. What you're doing is absolutely fine and actually what I expect teammates to do when I am jumpmaster (and I get annoyed when they don't go solo when we're like 50m away from the landing zone, because I'm not here for all of us having to share the exact same loot in the same tiny building, especially in populated areas where finding any gun as soon as possible is crucial for your survival).

No what I meant is: you're a jumpmaster, you ping a location, and then suddenly someone jumps solo before you do, to an entire different location several hundreds meters away without even acknowledging you or communicating with you in the slightest. Sometimes if I spot it immediately and if I feel like it, I jump right away and follow them wherever they go (it pisses me off to do it, but keeping the team together is more important to me than being pissed at someone totally disregarding my decision), but sometimes I can be late to spot it, and welp, the dude ends up solo on the other side of the map, gets downed in 30 seconds, with no possibility for me to get their banner since I'm just so far away in the first place, it'll just expire before I reach it (if they don't DC before).

I don't know that's just hella stupid to play this game that way, but what do I know.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Nooo that's not what I meant by jumping separately. What you're doing is absolutely fine and actually what I expect teammates to do when I am jumpmaster (and I get annoyed when they don't go solo when we're like 50m away from the landing zone, because I'm not here for all of us having to share the exact same loot in the same tiny building, especially in populated areas where finding any gun as soon as possible is crucial for your survival).

No what I meant is: you're a jumpmaster, you ping a location, and then suddenly someone jumps solo before you do, to an entire different location several hundreds meters away without even acknowledging you or communicating with you in the slightest. Sometimes if I spot it immediately and if I feel like it, I jump right away and follow them wherever they go (it pisses me off to do it, but keeping the team together is more important to me than being pissed at someone totally disregarding my decision), but sometimes I can be late to spot it, and welp, the dude ends up solo on the other side of the map, gets downed in 30 seconds, with no possibility for me to get their banner since I'm just so far away in the first place, it'll just expire before I reach it (if they don't DC before).

I don't know that's just hella stupid to play this game that way, but what do I know.
Oh yes, this. I play with random idiots doing this all the damn time

Screw how the game is team-based, give those idiots a solo mode already!

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I do this, one or two time a week, jumping solo and trying to survive alone. It's fun, sometimes I win.

Status
Not open for further replies.