• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PSA for peeps only getting laggy games: For some reason it's resetting my data center connection to Salt Lake even though I'm in the UK (it's the same for my 3 friends). To fix it (on PC) restart the game and leave it for a minute on the "click to continue" screen and data center text will appear that you can click and set yourself to a more local connection. Has fixed the game for me, but I don't know if I have to do it every time I load the game now. Probably the same process on consoles.

Mine was set to Salt Lake City as well, switched it to NY. Thanks for the heads up.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Imagine getting into an Elite match with squadmates vaguely competent at the game. What a time that must be.

Beyond all the shit thats now broken (because of course of course), congrats to Respawn for finally adding some good cosmetics to the game at almost acceptable prices (1000 coins is just on the cusp). Got the Lifeline skin because forced to play as her a lot due to rando's and it is a prettttty good skin. Better than Vajazzled Bloodhound.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man that sliding accuracy nerf is insane.

Honestly, I'm negative on this patch overall. If you were on the fence about coming back to Apex, don't bother. The gameplay is worse than when the game launched, and the event isn't all that much to write home about unless you're already very invested.
This is honestly so damn frustrating. Ice never seen a game launch with this much excitement only to fall off a cliff because of poor decision after poor decision. Like nerf sliding? Why? Literally, why? No one was complaining about this. In fact, almost everyone loved how sliding around worked. Meanwhile pathfinder hitbox is still a joke, audio is super inconsistent, and the lag in the game has been an issue since day 1. But yeah use resources nerfing fucking sliding. Fucking respawn

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This game feels fucking abysmal right now. Holy shit. Everything has delay to it, from hit detection (!) to pinging and looting.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
PSA for peeps only getting laggy games: For some reason it's resetting my data center connection to Salt Lake even though I'm in the UK (it's the same for my 3 friends). To fix it (on PC) restart the game and leave it for a minute on the "click to continue" screen and data center text will appear that you can click and set yourself to a more local connection. Has fixed the game for me, but I don't know if I have to do it every time I load the game now. Probably the same process on consoles.

^

This game feels fucking abysmal right now. Holy shit. Everything has delay to it, from hit detection (!) to pinging and looting.

DenBroncosFan

Sep 24, 2018
So I'm playing with a couple friends & noticed the elite streak and wins aren't currently tracking. Anyone else having this issue?

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How are people still hot trash at the game? It has such a low skill ceiling. I don't get it.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Wow, that's weird. Changed it to New York, doesn't seem like that should make THAT much of a difference where I'm from though.

I really hope they fix the looting screen, Armor really needs to be something you can quickly grab at the top due to the way it works off dead bodies.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love that they used resources to make an animation to throw the worst weapon in the game when you switch it out instead of maybe just making it not as shitty.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I love that they used resources to make an animation to throw the worst weapon in the game when you switch it out instead of maybe just making it not as shitty.

They've already said weapon power and drop rates are tiered, not balanced, by their own design. Mozambique is at the bottom.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is with PS4 performance? It says increased server and game performance. But it's a frame rate loss and server lag out the wazoo

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So by server optimizations did they mean, we improved our server costs and therefore made it more efficient by dropping the tickrate in half to save money?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I was in a desperate shooting match with a Wraith. The rest of our squads were down and neither of us had healing or kitted out weapons. I had a Wingman and a Longbow with no scope.

Not sure what she had (another pistol I think) but I had so little health a stray bullet from a Mozambique would've lost us the game. We strafed and jumped like idiots, shots flying wildly. Then she slid towards me and I headshot her with the Wingman.

I guess the hitbox has been fixed.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in like 6 weeks or so. When did they add Italian voiceover? In a sense I'm glad they did but it feels so wrong.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Just got a "loss forgiveness". I was in the elite and one of my teammates abandoned the match, so apparently they are not counting my loss and I can try again to keep my streak. Good. The elite matches are much better, as everyone wants to keep the streak you dont get 20 people jumping in the same place together... they actually improved the game for me.

Edit. After a 5 streak I lost, and got a "streak forgiveness", one more chance to keep it up.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

The sliding / aiming nerf everyone is talking about is just a bug. That's good to know.

My wife had an event last night so I played for a few hours. Overall, for whatever reason, I feel like I'm getting more kills since the patch. I can't tell if the game's shooting feels slightly more tight or maybe the audio cues are better....I can't figure it out. I was dropping 8-10 kills in many matches last night (and earlier in the day when I played). I'm an average player usually - getting between 3 to 5 kills in matches.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Have they implemented a new matchmaking system? I feel like every single match now has turned into sweaty matches.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
The Top 5 playlist is really fucking fun. I'll say this again but I think we are through the worst of the drought with this game. I think once Season 2 starts shit will be updated more and more. Just having this one new mode is a welcome change to the day to day monotony.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Elite queue is full of campers who never wanna push a fight until top 5. I think they should remove how many squads are left from the HUD in that playlist.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Have they implemented a new matchmaking system? I feel like every single match now has turned into sweaty matches.
Placing Top 5 places you into a separate queue of only Top 5 finishers, and you have to continue placing Top 5 to stay there. It's definitely gotten sweatier.

I bet Wattson is built around stun-locking/slow.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i cant even get excited for this
zero faith in respawn fixing their game
whats there to fix? game is great, game has worked almost flawlessly to me since launch, cant say that about most br games out there. Sure some crashes (only happened liked twice to me), and audio issues, but thats it, and most is resolved.

just needs more content, which is coming

Sillution

Oct 25, 2017
Has this game been laggy on PC at the moment? I have been trying it out on PC versus playing on PS4 all the time and the lag I am experiencing is making the game totally unplayable.

Addy Edwin

Aug 7, 2018
Everytime Apex gets an update on my Xbox one, I silently hope that the update brings in customizable controls.

I go in to the game, click on options, and then the control configs. And then leave disappointed with a big sigh

But not today! Coz customizable controls are back in baby! No more needing to mess around with xboxs custom setup and mess up the menu button prompts!

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
What's even the point of being/staying in the Top 5 servers, except being teamed up with better players? I don't see why people would camp just to stay in the Top 5 servers?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
whats there to fix? game is great, game has worked almost flawlessly to me since launch, cant say that about most br games out there. Sure some crashes (only happened liked twice to me), and audio issues, but thats it, and most is resolved.

just needs more content, which is coming

thats just from the most recent patch

pre 1.12
server performance has been an ongoing issue since launch
teams not filling
disconnections
hit registration
pathfinders swiss cheese hitbox
audio issues since launch? may have been after the first patch. i posted about it in the first ot early on

those are the issues i can think of off the top of my head, but im certain there are more. nothing about this is flawless. respawn are constantly breaking more than they're fixing, which is odd considering the spiel they gave for the slow updates

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
1. Since the event... two things have been happening
A) People are cowards in the main queue... hiding at the edge of the map and waiting to third party even more than before
B) Third parties turn into wave after wave of people trying to mop up
I can't tell you how many times in the span of 6 hours that my team would have to fight off multiple waves of teams, even teams that were aggressively going outside of where the next ring was just to fight. WAYYYY more than normal

2. I. LOVE. THE MIRAGE. BUFF.

3. Can't wait for the new hero

4. Pathfinder is impossible to hit with any pistol gun

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I want a kill cam.

Just had a really laggy game and I burst a guy who had just been revived in the back only for him to turn and melt me in half a second. I had purple armour and helmet too. I think the lag was causing me to see what was happening half a second late.

Last edited:

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Has this game been laggy on PC at the moment? I have been trying it out on PC versus playing on PS4 all the time and the lag I am experiencing is making the game totally unplayable.

Try this:

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

thats just from the most recent patch

pre 1.12
server performance has been an ongoing issue since launch
teams not filling
disconnections
hit registration
pathfinders swiss cheese hitbox
audio issues since launch? may have been after the first patch. i posted about it in the first ot early on

those are the issues i can think of off the top of my head, but im certain there are more. nothing about this is flawless. respawn are constantly breaking more than they're fixing, which is odd considering the spiel they gave for the slow updates
Can't say I relate at all

Status
Not open for further replies.