• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Is it happening?!!!!!

The currencies are glitching at the top and I can't select legends, armour, or store (PS4).

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I definitely did not pay to unlock Caustic, but apparently I can select him at the character select screen before a jump?

Me and my friends got that one day in the first or second week of the game being out. It was like the thing that tracked purchases was down, so you could pick anyone you wanted. I don't think it precipitated a patch or anything like that, but I dunno for sure.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
It's hard to say from what you posted -- recording yourself is probably the first step you want to take. OBS makes it pretty easy to stream/record. Remember all bullets have travel time. Also, have to check out how much damage you do. If you're running around 80% of the time, it most likely means you're always dropping in low drop zones -- have to hot drop a lot and just keep dying to learn.

I don't get micro stutters though. What's your setting?
Thanks for the reply. I'd prefer to drop early and in hot zones but my mates disagree and I'm not the jumpmaster every time unfortunately. I've recorded the last minute of the very last match (also, mind the lag at 0:08; that's the stutter I'm talking about. It's not the video, it's the game itself):

(the video might still being processed)

I have everything set to high/maximum and the adaptive supersampling for increased image quality. FPS itself are rock solid at 60.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The legends, armory, and store tabs are locked on ps4. I also can't see any of my currency, its just a line bouncing back and forth where the amount should be.

the_korben

Oct 27, 2017
Man, tried two more games after a two days break and is it just me or this game's community already completely toxic due to the missing balance in the matchmaking? As someone who tries to play this for fun and relaxation while still wanting to get better, I am not sure how much longer I want to give this a chance: almost every match people are shouting at each other that we're all not good enough or picking the wrong drop spot or the wrong characters or whatever ...

People's goals are simply not in line. The bad players want to improve, the good players want to keep ruling, and it's really a fucking lottery. If you're lucky (as someone who is bad) you get a nice, good player that can carry the team without getting too angry ... they might even teach you something. If you're lucky (as someone who is good) you get some half-way decend randoms who might not have the skills but at least try to help the team. But in the majority of cases, you're just matched with trolls and assholes all throughout the spectrum. :(

With something like Rocket League, at least you know what level of skill to expect during ranked play (but even there I think the toxicity is sometimes hard to bear).

Edit: Sorry, just noticed that on the previous page, people already talked about this topic. I should have caught up with the thread first.

Last edited:

Prototype-03

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I'd prefer to drop early and in hot zones but my mates disagree and I'm not the jumpmaster every time unfortunately. I've recorded the last minute of the very last match (also, mind the lag at 0:08; that's the stutter I'm talking about. It's not the video, it's the game itself):

(the video might still being processed)

I have everything set to high/maximum and the adaptive supersampling for increased image quality. FPS itself are rock solid at 60.

If you're running on high, try lowering your settings a bit. It got some microstutters during smoke, it looks like. I also prefer 144 hz monitors for FPS, and if you have V Sync on, turn it off. Screen tears will suck, but at least you'll have better input lag. The last fight, the enemy had a better armor than you, and you moved a bit predictably there. Also, it didn't matter too much in this fight, but always heal armor first.

edit: I am also absolutely not great at this game. Those are just my 2 cents. Maybe someone here can give better tips, but I just wanted to let you know that there is no magic method to suddenly get kills. There's a lot of things to consider, like positioning, knowing when to run/engage, etc.

Last edited:

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
If you're running on high, try lowering your settings a bit. It got some microstutters during smoke, it looks like. I also prefer 144 hz monitors for FPS, and if you have V Sync on, turn it off. Screen tears will suck, but at least you'll have better input lag. The last fight, the enemy had a better armor than you, and you moved a bit predictably there. Also, it didn't matter too much in this fight, but always heal armor first.
Alright, appreciate the feedback!

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I know "just ignore it" isn't a real solution but I just jump into PS4's party chat and never public. I'm sure there's toxic players but I have zero idea. The worst I can complain about is people solo jumping-dying-quitting. Everything else is the usual not engaging, looting too long, etc.

The ping system has negated any reason for me to talk to strangers and, while randoms don't use it for anything but spotting enemies usually, I can still use it to ping whatever to help us along without needing to hear them at all. I've won maybe a dozen or so matches this way. I'm sure it could be more if we did properly communicate but it's a worthwhile trade-off.

Alyx

Mar 15, 2019
But yeah, the game is so out of it tonight. Bugs everywhere - character screen is messed up.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Wraith can now let teammates know she's being aimed at, that's new right? I'd never seen the prompt before, at least.

Edit. Menus/ currencies are back (PS4)

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017

giphy.gif

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Wraith can now let teammates know she's being aimed at, that's new right? I'd never seen the prompt before, at least.

Edit. Menus/ currencies are back (PS4)

It's always been down on the d-pad but I think a lot of people miss it. I have a level 80+ buddy who didn't know until recently about it.

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Lol a dev replies with a poop emoji to the Reddit thread on what is going on with the servers/speculation thread.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
It's always been down on the d-pad but I think a lot of people miss it. I have a level 80+ buddy who didn't know until recently about it.
No, that's been there forever. Maybe you had the prompts off in the menu? But i've had it since i started the game first time. :)
Yeah no good excuse, I'd just never seen the prompt haha. Don't tend to pick Wraith over Bang or Lifeline though.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Surely it's happening this time. Surely. They deliberately quenched the hype last time when it was out of control. If not I'm shocked nobodys had a word with the devs deliberately pouring fuel on the flames. That or its a hilariously bad attempt at building hype.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Found the jump pads and had some fun.

People who think they wont be up to much, wait till people find creative ways to use them.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Honestly fuck this game I bought the founders pack but I wish I could refund, Im not buying the battlepass anymore. The communication is annoying and honestly you guys probably killed your game, GG. Talk shit about Fortnite but they actually update their game and fix bugs and add content."

Peeps on reddit are upset lmao

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
"Honestly fuck this game I bought the founders pack but I wish I could refund, Im not buying the battlepass anymore. The communication is annoying and honestly you guys probably killed your game, GG. Talk shit about Fortnite but they actually update their game and fix bugs and add content."

Peeps on reddit are upset lmao
Guarantee that person still buys the BP day one

Status
Not open for further replies.