• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
I keep forgetting they screwed up havoc and devotion. Hope they get around to fixing it before the end of season two.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the Pathfinder hitbox feels like how it was with wraith lol. It's too obvious how hard you gotta try to aim against him vs any other character

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
man, the amount of rats that drop off in deserted far away corners has skyrocketed like crazy.
despise it. i dont play FPS to do nothing for 10 minutes

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since the patch dropped I'm constantly getting the little red lag symbol, and indeed every encounter feels a bit laggy. It's not my connection as I can play any other multiplayer game just fine.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually glad if the top5 queue is finally underlining some issues the game has had since launch. Slow play is just not fun in Apex. Yet the ruleset is for slow play.

This is something the player base has been self-correcting by playing aggressively for the sake of it. But now that's there some incentive to do well consistently...

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
As an older chap with reactions that aren't as good as they used to be I welcome the slow tactical play. I don't camp, but I do stay around circle edges to help not being shot in the back. Got an 8 kill win just by slowly creeping into the circle last night with my son.

I'm actually loving seeing the complaints about the game slowing down. Solo game skulltown drops are far less frequent and I love it.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
As an older chap with reactions that aren't as good as they used to be I welcome the slow tactical play. I don't camp, but I do stay around circle edges to help not being shot in the back. Got an 8 kill win just by slowly creeping into the circle last night with my son.

I'm actually loving seeing the complaints about the game slowing down. Solo game skulltown drops are far less frequent and I love it.
Yeah I love tactical play too. I just think that Apex is too slow in general. The match timer is like 10 minutes too much for the map size and player count. That's why it often ends in a big pile-up 5-10 minutes ahead of time.

I think every play style from edge creeping to total gung-ho would like way faster circles a lot more.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The game just needs ways to make long play feasible. A character that has sniper rifle traits would be welcome.

At the moment every battle just turns into a close up bunny hopping fest.

The main reason I'm liking the slow play is that it's a huge change to the boring cycle of running at noise to 3rd party over....and over....again.

Hopefully the season 2 characters change it up.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
People good with the Kraber: how do they fucking do it? I suck with the Kraber, and as a sniper in general, it's almost to a comical level tbh. Guess I gotta practice that more.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I really REALLY hope Respawn does something creative with Wattson's electricity and isn't just an ability that slows you down while it shocks you. We don't need another Caustic in the game. The last thing I want to do is walk into a room that's got electricity traps and get focus fired by the enemy team while I'm being fried like an egg.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So, hum, this insanely comical thing happened:

REDACTED

I haven't laughed this much while winning a game gosh what was that even. And no, we didn't even camp at all (I don't camp if I'm in a full team), we just... found nobody throughout the entire game until the very last minute, and they were busy killing each other while our priority was getting inside the ring since at this stage of the game it hurts like a MOFO.

Last edited:

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Ever since the patch dropped I'm constantly getting the little red lag symbol, and indeed every encounter feels a bit laggy. It's not my connection as I can play any other multiplayer game just fine.

Had the same, did this:
PSA for peeps only getting laggy games: For some reason it's resetting my data center connection to Salt Lake even though I'm in the UK (it's the same for my 3 friends). To fix it (on PC) restart the game and leave it for a minute on the "click to continue" screen and data center text will appear that you can click and set yourself to a more local connection. Has fixed the game for me, but I don't know if I have to do it every time I load the game now. Probably the same process on consoles.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah, Mirage is now a joy to play, that buff was much-needed, previously his ultimate was absolutely useless because people could still see him and where he was going, same for his passive. Now? Damn that opens up a lot of tactical options that are fun to entertain. Now when a Mirage goes invisible, people will start to SWEAT!

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I dont like how fast you die. To have purple armour and blue helmet and be melted before you hear the shot is ridiculous.

And the loot clusters in this game are the worst of any battle royale game out there. It's not even close. Ive played games where ive found 6 level 3 body shields and others where I can't find one.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really REALLY hope Respawn does something creative with Wattson's electricity and isn't just an ability that slows you down while it shocks you. We don't need another Caustic in the game. The last thing I want to do is walk into a room that's got electricity traps and get focus fired by the enemy team while I'm being fried like an egg.
legends got changed around? was that in the patch notes?

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played Mirage before it was cool 😂...

But seriously his ult might be the best in the game now. It's not just good for escaping, you can legit use it to sneak up on people without them knowing you're there. It would be better if you could uncloak at will, but I guess that would be too OP.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I have no problem with the TTK. I have a problem with the armour not doing much to save you. At least in PUBG the helmets are some what decent.

You got shot by 2-3 people at once while you were clawling like snail, its super easy to hit someone who barely moves.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

I have no problem with the TTK. I have a problem with the armour not doing much to save you. At least in PUBG the helmets are some what decent.

You are crouch walking and not strafing at all and got lased by a team with what looks like a Spitfire. Perhaps you should work on your strafe and movement skills a little bit. With a game as fast paced as Apex, it's almost never a good idea to not be moving at all times.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
You are crouch walking and not strafing at all and got lased by a team with what looks like a Spitfire. Perhaps you should work on your strafe and movement skills a little bit. With a game as fast paced as Apex, it's almost never a good idea to not be moving at all times.

I actually had a plan here I was with the other dude who was getting shot at. I flanked them and planned to crawl up the hill, grab the banner and run.

Perhaps I should have done what most peeps do in solo. Run at the 3 guys head on while bunny hopping or run in the opposite direction.

I was trying to make less sound. My movent is fine.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I totally forgot 2x starts today. Not that it matters. Already finished the BP. Just want the season to be over so I can see the new one.
Hoping for a new map.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I actually had a plan here I was with the other dude who was getting shot at. I flanked them and planned to crawl up the hill, grab the banner and run.

Perhaps I should have done what most peeps do in solo. Run at the 3 guys head on while bunny hopping or run in the opposite direction.

I was trying to make less sound. My movent is fine.
..Or what I do is run away from the enemies and hope that they get 3rd partied so I can sneak in and grab the banners and revive while they are distracted. It surprisingly works a lot.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
so double xp is only 1 time a day? because when i posted the screeshot above i won that game and 10k xp, after that game i won again 2 in row and only got 4k xp... wow

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yeah I wasn't sure and won't totally be until reveal, but this legend does look like a she to me too. An electrifying cutie pie!

It is 100% a girl. She is mentioned in the lore.

so double xp is only 1 time a day? because when i posted the screeshot above i won that game and 10k xp, after that game i won again 2 in row and only got 4k xp... wow

It should be on throughout the weekend.

Is it possible that the other 2 games did not last as long, or that you were using characters for which you maxed out your bonus xp for?

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
It is 100% a girl. She is mentioned in the lore.

Where? I totally missed that!

New voice lines unveiling the existence of some level 4 attachments that have never been seen before. As well as... Flyers?

6DXKBsD.jpg

More here:

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Audio and hit detection still broken as it was when I used to play regularly. I'm happy to be back and some of the additions are cool but it would be nice if they concentrated on fixing the huge issues first.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I keep not reaching top 5 in Elite right now but the game thinks somebody quit early even on matches that was not the case. Finally a glitch favouring me, lmao.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
So I just experienced not getting double XP in the Top 5 queue.

300 for a Top 5 finish
172 for 689 damage done
3225 for surviving 17:55

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just experienced not getting double XP in the Top 5 queue.

300 for a Top 5 finish
172 for 689 damage done
3225 for surviving 17:55

I played like 2 hours since the big update dropped. Since then my matchmaking location changed to Australia for some reason, the Elite ranking keeps glitching (I keep getting pardoned despite finishing outside of the top 5 with a full team among other things), the audio is still broken, the hit detection is still broken, double XP comes and goes, pass bonuses are applied inconsistently, there's still server issues as well with the game going back to the menu every now and then...

I am losing faith in the fact Respawn has the skills/budget/resources/will to handle this game properly.

EDIT: And the kill screen starting to pop up before the kill happens is still a thing, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.