• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I just had something like a pterodactyl flying around with a deathbox. Twice in one match. Shot the death box out of the grip of one of them

EDIT:

5IDj1mh.png
Oh shit! So do they pick up deathboxes if they stick around too long?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so they introduce garbage loot for the garbage weapons instead of you know just buffing their damage or increasing their ammo capacity

Jun 12, 2018
I don't understand the Kraber drop rate change. Unless they buffed its ammo capacity, they're doing the EXACT opposite of what i normally do, which is to ignore the kraber early game(due to its low ammo), and only pick it up once there are about 6 teams left.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Eesh @ the shotgun ammo nerf.

Also, im calling it now, expect the rise of the late game alternator with that shield melting ability. It was always surprisingly viable kitted out in mid game, this might bring it to the big leagues. Not sure how I feel about that as a meta change in general, feels old school halo-ish

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Extended mags for energy weapons plus an increase in ammo stack size? I'm going to start running the devotion even more than I usually do.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
new hop ups for those weapons are cool
wonder if they will update voice lines and say which hop up you need for that weapon.

needs a skullpeircer - "I need a hop up"
Player 2 pings turbo charger "i gotta turbocharger"

i dont use the mic so that would be a nice qol update for me :)

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the P2020 buff is decent. All the memes are about Mozambique, but P2020 is like twice as bad.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
I hope the P2020 buff is decent. All the memes are about Mozambique, but P2020 is like twice as bad.
Nah man. At least you can shove an e-mag on it and have something that you can shoot more than three times. I've done skull town runs with a Peacekeeper and P2020 where I'd break shield with the Peacekeeper then swap to the 2020 for the down. It's surprisingly effective, but, currently very situational.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Nah man. At least you can shove an e-mag on it and have something that you can shoot more than three times. I've done skull town runs with a Peacekeeper and P2020 where I'd break shield with the Peacekeeper then swap to the 2020 for the down. It's surprisingly effective, but, currently very situational.

It does like 10 damage, it's ridiculous. I've killed players with a Mozambique, but it's better to punch then spam the 2020, unless the enemy is far away and running towards you with no weapon. I'd say that's the only time it can be (somewhat) useful.

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw some of the pterodactyls flying around at the beginning of a match, so maybe they carry death boxes from previous games ? or maybe it's mixed ?

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
Very late to the party, this game is fun, it replaced overwatch as the hop in and play multiplayer for me.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
P2020 is viable early. Thing is accurate and you can just spam the bullets. Don't get me wrong cause I'll switch it immediately but it's does it's purpose and it's better than the Mozambique.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I'm questioning if the flyers are worth shooting. To me they just seem to be bait to give away your position.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
first two games of the day and came away with wins. they should let me win more often

make that 3 in a row
im leaving at the top

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loot trolls will never cease to make me laugh. You know you were hiding the whole time providing no sort of support to the engagement then you immediately dash in for the purple armor lol.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
After a three week break, I played a ton of Apex in the last week and just got the last hard badge for Season 1 that few will have. Time for another break.

DyI7lc2.png

These are:

250k XP in Season 1 with all 9 Legends
8 Elite Wins with 8 or more kills with 8 different Legends
50 Season 1 Wins with 7 different Legends

Also, in the hundreds of hours of playing this game, this might've been the most intense situation I was in. Elite queue, so mind the streak, plus my ammo: https://streamable.com/7mait

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I am still learning the weapons and ammo types. If you don't look at the HUD down there it's sometimes difficult to tell what that weapon is at first glance - something they could have been better about.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am still learning the weapons and ammo types. If you don't look at the HUD down there it's sometimes difficult to tell what that weapon is at first glance - something they could have been better about.

I played the game a lot and I can't say I disagree. There's a couple weapons that look very same-ish until you apply custom skins on them, and even then you have to use the most rare ones to give them a truly unique look.

SamSuperior

Nov 16, 2017
After a three week break, I played a ton of Apex in the last week and just got the last hard badge for Season 1 that few will have. Time for another break.

DyI7lc2.png

These are:

250k XP in Season 1 with all 9 Legends
8 Elite Wins with 8 or more kills with 8 different Legends
50 Season 1 Wins with 7 different Legends

Also, in the hundreds of hours of playing this game, this might've been the most intense situation I was in. Elite queue, so mind the streak, plus my ammo: https://streamable.com/7mait

WTF Dude?! Impressive, most impressive!

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
Love how these dragons/Flyers carry boxes from your friend list lmao. The sound that they make is so distracting! I wanna know they made it in and if the Antenna is officially offline? There's a rock by bridges that can be pinged which is so strange

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone needs to uninstall it's this guy. Elite queue, "best of the best", yeah right.

I've also had so many randoms bleed out to the very first storm in Elite, even though I ping where we should go in time...

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The game has been lagging so bad tonight with lots of rubber-banding. Did manage to win a game, mainly thanks to my teammates, but the game didn't bother to add it to my tracker :')

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
The game has been lagging so bad tonight with lots of rubber-banding. Did manage to win a game, mainly thanks to my teammates, but the game didn't bother to add it to my tracker :')

Season 1 is over so new kills and wins won't count under its trackers. I think we're finally getting overall stats when Season 2 drops.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017

Super satisfying single shot kill almost immediately after dropping in. The best part about it was my friend killed his squad mate at exactly the same time.

They both probably had no idea what happened.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sill can't believe I pulled this one off. Keep an eye on my health and ammo.

giphy.gif

Good job soloing the end, so many close calls but you've done the right thing. If I didn't know you're winning it I would have thought you done goofed once you entered the final building with the gas traps, but you handled it brilliantly. Kudos.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Good job soloing the end, so many close calls but you've done the right thing. If I didn't know you're winning it I would have thought you done goofed once you entered the final building with the gas traps, but you handled it brilliantly. Kudos.

Thanks. Yeah, hanging around outside looking at gas go off was killing me because I figured I'd need to clean up the last engagement inside to win.

It all seems pretty calm on video, but I have the comms turned off in recordings...lol.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017

Sill can't believe I pulled this one off. Keep an eye on my health and ammo.

giphy.gif

The armor swap at the end was just the right move, good stuff. Also, that small skip there at the Champion screen... That happens to me on PS4 randomly as well and drives me nuts. In the last couple of days I had two insane solo squad wipes that were skipped in the recording. I can't know for sure whether the footage will actually be there...

Why does the Mastiff do 20 damage when I use it yet this Wraith almost one shot me at 200 health... And I was Pathfinder as well.

I mean I know why, I was crouching so all the pallets hit, but still. Love how afraid people are from fighting by themselves, gotta go for that revive in the middle of a fight! Finally got a 3k damage badge as well, feels good.

Last edited:

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
The armor swap at the end was just the right move, good stuff. Also, that small skip there at the Champion screen... That happens to me on PS4 randomly as well and drives me nuts. In the last couple of days I had two insane solo squad wipes that were skipped in the recording. I can't know for sure whether the footage will actually be there...

Yeah, almost every PS4 recording I upload has a skip like that. Hate it. Hopefully PS5 has it sorted out.

Also, at the end there I double swapped weapons when the Devotion ran out of ammo. Not sure if it auto swaps when you're completely out of ammo or if I just fat fingered it under pressure. Never really run into the situation where I'm completely out of ammo like that, so not sure what actually happened. Surprised I didn't get melted for it.

I mean I know why, I was crouching so all the pallets hit, but still. Love how afraid people are from fighting by themselves, gotta go for that revive in the middle of a fight! Finally got a 3k damage badge as well, feels good.

Nice job...I'd kill for that R-99 loadout, haha. Are you usually playing with randoms?

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, almost every PS4 recording I upload has a skip like that. Hate it. Hopefully PS5 has it sorted out.

So it's not just me. It was fine for years and just started regularly happening in the last couple of months...

Also, at the end there I double swapped weapons when the Devotion ran out of ammo. Not sure if it auto swaps when you're completely out of ammo or if I just fat fingered it under pressure. Never really run into the situation where I'm completely out of ammo like that, so not sure what actually happened. Surprised I didn't get melted for it.

Yep, that's what happens, it auto swaps when you're out of ammo.

Nice job...I'd kill for that R-99 loadout, haha. Are you usually playing with randoms?

Well I had to mow down 12 people to get all those attachments, can't be going into end game fights with a Devotion without even a turbo. :P

I have a couple of players that I play with but I also play with randoms a bunch, it's probably something like 50-50. Those were randoms, though.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
So it's not just me. It was fine for years and just started regularly happening in the last couple of months...

It's been happening for years with me. At least since the PS4 Pro launch, not sure if it happened with my base model.

Yep, that's what happens, it auto swaps when you're out of ammo.

Good to know. They should probably make it an option to turn it off, since I'm swapping weapons when the clip runs out regardless.

Well I had to mow down 12 people to get all those attachments, can't be going into end game fights with a Devotion without even a turbo. :P

Hahaha, I have a soft spot for the Devotion. I'll even pre-warm the firerate when I'm corner peaking if I don't have a turbo to make it work. Started warming it the first part of that clip when I was getting shot in the back as a last resort, but he died to the storm thankfully.

I have a couple of players that I play with but I also play with randoms a bunch, it's probably something like 50-50. Those were randoms, though.

Bauer91 on PSN, right? I'll add you up if you wanna get some games in sometime. I had to stop playing with randoms, it's awful 75% of the time.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This is where I finished with my lifetime stats at the end of Season 1.

VLZvtTv.png

But I feel like I need to get better at the game. I play with folks in the top 1000 on those metrics and I'm just okay when playing with them. I play with a guy who has the word record for damage on console, (7k) and it's hard to keep up with him.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Haven't been playing much lately - When did they add the flyers with the lootboxes? Is the idea that you gotta shoot em' down and they drop the box?

Edit: Just saw a video on Reddit showing what the deal is. Pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.