• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dental Plan

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Sunday night two guys were making fun of my gamertag. The kept talking trash to me. I didnt have a mic and they were talking to each other. One requested a wingman so I looked for one and pinged it. Then I kept pinging things for them. After a while they were like you are okay. We were one of two squads left. One guy got downed and the other guy was pinned down. I roll up to the enemy and fire one shot at them and we Champion.

Once we Championed those two guys were like holy crap you are awesome.

Even though they were jerks at the beginning they came around because of the team work. It was a fun feeling.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Sunday night two guys were making fun of my gamertag. The kept talking trash to me. I didnt have a mic and they were talking to each other. One requested a wingman so I looked for one and pinged it. Then I kept pinging things for them. After a while they were like you are okay. We were one of two squads left. One guy got downed and the other guy was pinned down. I roll up to the enemy and fire one shot at them and we Champion.

Even though they were jerks at the beginning they came around because of the team work. It was a fun feeling.
Now I'm curious:

What is your gamertag? 😗

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Third partying is really getting out of control. The distance you can hear shots from is so crazy that everyone just finds a spot to post up and sits and waits until they hear shots so they can run in and third party.

Of course it's part of the genre to an extent but the level at which it happens in Apex is nuts.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Third partying is really getting out of control. The distance you can hear shots from is so crazy that everyone just finds a spot to post up and sits and waits until they hear shots so they can run in and third party.

Of course it's part of the genre to an extent but the level at which it happens in Apex is nuts.

It's by design. Smaller map means more encounters and opportunity to third party. The difference with Apex is that the map is designed with a ton of cover options and chokes. It's designed for action and constant engagements.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
From now on I'm never launching from the ship until there's 3 or less teams available. I'm tired of having idiots launch immediately assfirst into an asskicking.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I rem

Thats why its the best. Have to take your fights clean and quickly or else youre going to get rolled up on. If you manage to do that the team pushing just gives you extra kills.

They've really bungled the post-launch stuff huh.

-no consistent crash fix
-no battlepass date
-necessary balance changes tied to launch of season 1/battlepass
-accidental store page tease

I love this game but whoof. the twitch numbers are at a quarter of what they were a couple of weeks ago. it really feels like EA/Respawn were blindsided by the success and stuff fell apart behind the scenes.

and like, as much as I want the battlepass, the crashes and cheats and whatnot are the real priority. i don't want this game to go the way of realm royale. That's dramatic and i'm sure things will be fine but things feel rocky rn
Agreed entirely. Sucks they could have kept the momentum going but yeah its fallen off hard on twitch and they spent millions to get it to that top spot.

Doesn't help that this week has dm5, next week has sekiro and OW has a new character while fornite released their season pass. Way too much competition to not be communicating about the BP until today.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Both last night and tonight had a Gibraltar that straight killed the lobby. I was impressed because I'm so used to dealing with shitty randoms but both Gibs outdid me in damage and kills.

Touché. More like this please.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The damn cheaters, I have not seen this many cheaters in any game I have ever played.
Again died to cheater today, thats about once a day for some time now.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Both last night and tonight had a Gibraltar that straight killed the lobby. I was impressed because I'm so used to dealing with shitty randoms but both Gibs outdid me in damage and kills.

Touché. More like this please.

I've been playing him a lot more recently. Dude is a beast and the hitbox thing isn't an issue. You can wipe a team in an ult.. imagine third partying a battle with his ult. People are going to regret a smaller hit box on him.

Also a Bangalore, Gibraltar ult combo together is just lethal.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
B2B games where I land and don't find any weapons after searching several rooms and then die.

Yep, that's enough Apex for me tonight.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
playing with two new-ish players, spend all match looting, only ever see one person (running in the distance) and we don't chase them
we camp in a house, final four, final three, final two
we move to a small two door shack within the circle, I hear them moving towards us
I use Bloodhound's ability; two enemies
Gibraltar uses his ult from within the shack
BOOMBOOMBOOM we have a winner

SelfreliantThankfulDeermouse-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 21996

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone main the longbow with skull piercer hop up?
my buddy loves the triple take

I like the Longbow but it's a true sniper in a game where sniping isn't very useful. Slow rate of fire is crippling if you miss. I have more success using a Hemlok (single) or G7 and quick tapping.

ugh, people who trash talk their own teammates until they "prove" themselves are the worst

Honestly, it's like a dick measuring contest sometimes. Had one guy threaten to quit when I had the nerve to pick his Wraith. He said "you better have lots of kills or I'm fucking up your game". Next the screen appears showing twice his total and he goes silent.

Confession time though: I might 'accidentally' pick your character if I see you reserving them on the select screen. Play nicely please.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Strafing your crosshair into your target >>> actually using the right thumb stick.

Wingman strafe too icey for these kids ❄️❄️❄️

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

Had this happen to me recently too. Landed and my first three buildings didn't have a single weapon. Pinged that I needed a weapon...nothing. Ended up scooping up a Peacekeeper from a crate one of my teammates was looting a minute or so later. For the next five minutes, they kept talking about how I was stealing everything, calling me a poor teammate, etc. So I literally just dumped my inventory in front of them and pinged every single item for them: a lone Peacekeeper, some syringes, some ammo for weapons I didn't have, all of which was collected in my own buildings (outside of the lone Peacemaker). They took everything from me, started talking about how "he's trying to get on our good side now," and treated me like a burden. They left me with a shitty gun and some energy ammo. Long story short...I ended up respawning them both over the course of the game, ended up finding some decent gear eventually, ended up with the most damage, the most kills, and we won the game. And I'm no good at this game.

The most I got was "thank god this guy came around and shared the loot so we could win."

But mostly I've been having good teammates recently...

Last edited:

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't event bother using my mic with randoms most of the time.

The last time I used it was to remind a Raith player about how to use their passive in the circle so that they won't take damage.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Im pretty tired of this game now, but Ill be excited when the battle pass and new legend drops

One thing is for sure though, this game, a lot like other BR games, will struggle to be as consistently exciting as Fortnite is. Im constantly amazed at the content Fortnite puts out near weekly. The third person mode really allows them to add all kinds of crazy things, the map updates are always amazing and worth checking out, etc.

They are always refreshing the gameplay content. None of these FPP BR games can do that.

Im curious how consistently Apex will dole out Legends to keep the game fresh. Cant think of what they could add in terms of map/content updates besides that. New maps will be the biggest attraction too, but who knows how far away that is

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit my squad almost got 30.

29 tho.

Ahhhhhhhh. That would've been some shit breh

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Was doing very good, but then I picked up my buddies death tags and all my keys got locked. Couldn't shoot or use abilities. Couldn't pick up guns. All I could do was walk, jump, and open doors.

What the hell?

Also I'm pretty sure the third that dropped with us was advertising Chinese hacks. Spammed text and audio and bailed as soon as the drop started.

Oct 28, 2017
Want to make sure I have this right before wasting a few quid;

If I buy one month of EA Access on the Xbox, play Apex Legends, my account will be credited with 1000 coins.

Is that correct?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Some bullshit kills this morning.

Died to a caustic who was throwing gas traps through closed doors.

Next game, died to a mirage who pin pointed me in smoke with a p2020. Every shot hit despite me strafing and ducking

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Fortnite really has set an impossibly high bar for updates with so many people demanding the battle pass now and just the general outcry for more communication. The fortune Epic has amassed and continues to amass from Fortnite's industry-changing success will keep that game head-and-shoulders above the competition in terms of new content and outreach for quite some time.

100% sure Respawn did not anticipate how huge Apex Legends would be from the jump. I can't imagine how frantic their offices have been these past 5 weeks about scaling the teams working on the game and with their bosses at EA hounding them about monetization schemes and content roadmaps. Even with EA probably now diverting more of their resources to supporting Respawn, I think it's still gonna take some time for the studio to come close to matching Epic's pace of updating Fortnite.

Fair or not, the part of the playerbase that has been super vocal about the game are clamoring for new stuff, balance patches, and more communication from Respawn delivered as fast as Epic is with Fortnite.

Personally, I'm fine with waiting! Only other GAAS game I've stuck with for years is Overwatch, so I'm used to a slow drip feed of updates.

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
I'm more than okay waiting for the BP
This is the most I have been hooked on a game since the holy League of Legends days.
Will pay the 950 coins for sure.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Fortnite really has set an impossibly high bar for updates with so many people demanding the battle pass now and just the general outcry for more communication. The fortune Epic has amassed and continues to amass from Fortnite's industry-changing success will keep that game head-and-shoulders above the competition in terms of new content and outreach for quite some time.

100% sure Respawn did not anticipate how huge Apex Legends would be from the jump. I can't imagine how frantic their offices have been these past 5 weeks about scaling the teams working on the game and with their bosses at EA hounding them about monetization schemes and content roadmaps. Even with EA probably now diverting more of their resources to supporting Respawn, I think it's still gonna take some time for the studio to come close to matching Epic's pace of updating Fortnite.

Fair or not, the part of the playerbase that has been super vocal about the game are clamoring for new stuff, balance patches, and more communication from Respawn delivered as fast as Epic is with Fortnite.

Personally, I'm fine with waiting! Only other GAAS game I've stuck with for years is Overwatch, so I'm used to a slow drip feed of updates.

Respawn has to staff up. That's all it is. Epic had no clue Fortnite was going to be this huge. They moved their whole Paragon team over to it after they knew they had a hit on their hands.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll slow down on this game until the next hero drops. I feel like I'm at a point where I can tell exactly how each match will play out from the drop. Need something to shake up the usual. Tired of winning all the time now. Yawn.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Full squad matchmaking is different than matchmaking alone with randoms right? That's how I feel atleast if there's no confirmation on this matter

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Respawn has to staff up. That's all it is. Epic had no clue Fortnite was going to be this huge. They moved their whole Paragon team over to it after they knew they had a hit on their hands.

Oh yeah, no question that EA should be (and is quite probably) throwing as many people and as much money it can afford to cultivating Apex Legends if it wants the game to come close to sniffing Fortnite's continued success. The big difference is that Fortnite Battle Royale didn't blow up, well, even in a fortnight. It came out in Q3 2017 but didn't become the phenomenon that it is until early-to-mid 2018.

Apex Legends blew up on its first weekend.

And that all happened while EA was scrambling with Anthem (and continues to do so), admitting to missing their latest revenue goals in the last earnings report, and their stock plummeting.

I don't pretend to know what is going on internally with EA and Respawn, but I have to assume it's been a wild five weeks, and that couldn't have helped make the staffing up process any smoother. EA is still dealing with the seemingly never-ending PR nightmare that Bioware is going through, preparing for the launch of Battlefield V's own battle royale mode, and managing its consistent cash cows with its sports franchises.

Epic only has Fortnite to think about regarding game development and support right now.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Good to hear the Battle Pass is 950 coins, seems like a fine price to me. Now I'm just hoping they won't release it on the 22nd/23rd, gonna spend that weekend's gaming time on Sekiro. Any other time is fine by me, although I do still think their communication is lacking to say the least.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Good to hear the Battle Pass is 950 coins, seems like a fine price to me. Now I'm just hoping they won't release it on the 22nd/23rd, gonna spend that weekend's gaming time on Sekiro. Any other time is fine by me, although I do still think their communication is lacking to say the least.
Recently they've been more open so that counts to them

OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't pretend to know what is going on internally with EA and Respawn, but I have to assume it's been a wild five weeks, and that couldn't have helped make the staffing up process any smoother. EA is still dealing with the seemingly never-ending PR nightmare that Bioware is going through, preparing for the launch of Battlefield V's own battle royale mode, and managing its consistent cash cows with its sports franchises.
I mean, that's their job, right? Their specialty? The thing they're supposed to be best at?

If a publisher is having a really hard time with "managing a bunch of games", I'm more than a little worried

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I like how they put the statement out about having no news about the battlepass AND to not get too hyped about the datamined leaks since that content might never actually turn into anything. While that is true, and some people probably didn't realize it or know it and don't have their expectations in check regarding finding hidden content in a game's code, it still comes off kind of bad to say it at a time when every is wanting to be hyped about your game. At least the dataminers are doing a good job of drumming up excitement for the game, even if Respawn isn't spilling any beans yet.

Hell, I don't think that the game is going to flop or anything if the first battlepass isn't out within six weeks of the game's release or anything, but surely someone from EA is telling Respawn "Hey, you need to strike while the iron is hot, and right now the iron is on fire." The momentum and hype for this game is crazy high and I wouldn't expect a drastic dip in the playerbase by taking longer to get news or the pass itself out to us, but why risk it?

I just signed up for a month of EA Access though, since CDKeys has codes for like $3.70 or $3.80 or something like that. I want to get The Sims 4 for my daughter (and for myself, but mainly for her because I thought it was something that could get her more interested in games) so I figured we could try it out for the next month while I look for a deal on the Sim 4 + Pets bundle. Now I've got my 1000 Apex Coins ready for the battlepass. I'm tempted to blow them on Apex Packs though, but even if I do I've got enough Bing Rewards points to get $10 in MS credit, and the EA Access actually makes turning that into 1000 Apex Coins a bit cheaper due to the 10% discount from EA Access membership.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Given how popular the streamer Shroud is with Apex Legends, this news is saddening for him - https://kotaku.com/top-apex-legends-streamer-out-of-commission-after-scoot-1833244216

Description of the accident (WARNING: Potentially graphic in detail)
"He hit the brakes too hard, and he flew over the handlebars about 10 to 12 feet, onto the asphalt," Just9n said during a stream yesterday. "Now, being Mike, he's looking out for his right arm, he fell on his left arm—all of his weight. He got a bunch of road rash from about his hip down to the middle of his thigh. It's all purple and blue, all fucked up. He landed on his elbow, put a huge hole in his elbow. From what I understand, he tore a ligament and removed a piece of the bone from the elbow, so [the surgeons] need to go in and reattach that bone to his elbow."

According to Just9n, Shroud may need multiple surgeries if the doctors find an infection.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Knocked out four squads today and thankfully the badge unlocked! The issue yesterday is probably because the third squad I wiped was the last one, dunno.

Just had a Wraith solo drop, instantly die and disconnect, made me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.