• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
What's worse than have people you play games with have make their own 3 stack squad and play without you all the time?

Them deciding to go with a random over you.

And OF COURSE this is the game I really liked playing and dumped money in to with the founders pack thing because I liked playing it with them before they dumped me.

I need solo mode.
Watcha play on? PC, PS4, Xbox?

cluk

May 22, 2018
Going for achievements and fuck caustic and Gibraltar get melted sooooo fast it's bad. Glad a fix is coming.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Going for achievements and fuck caustic and Gibraltar get melted sooooo fast it's bad. Glad a fix is coming.
yep

was glad to have gotten Gibraltar's win/damage done early, getting a Pathfinder win was overall unpleasant
I'll probably let my eighth be Octane and skip Caustic for the time being

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I still pick Gib all the time, love his ult and just the character in general. I'll be glad to see buffs come his way but I still love playing him now.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Nearly 3k damage and somehow still lose Because both of my teammates have less than 100 😩😭

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Been using lifeline a lot the past two days and having a blast. That Zipline can be clutch. It also leads me into trouble on occasion ha.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Love to get two quips for a character I don't use and a bland banner, also for a character I don't use. I am also now at the point where not every level guarantees a lootbox, so ehhhhhhh.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I still pick Gib all the time, love his ult and just the character in general. I'll be glad to see buffs come his way but I still love playing him now.
yeah, I love him as a character and played him often in the first week or two but I didn't really have great success with him either

definitely gonna play him again once the hitbox changes happen
They should make you pass a written exam before letting you choose Lifeline.
I've avoided playing too much Lifeline because I don't want a repeat of my experience with early overwatch, where I played way too much Mercy because I didn't trust randoms to play her well....

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
After playing with Caustic for a bit, I'm catching up to everyone else's opinion of him and saying he's VERY situational.

I thought the grenade ulti would be a nice bonus to have but even that is hard to use effectively, even though it charges pretty fast. I think the increased trap trigger range and quicker damage will help him. Still, you basically have to be a mastermind planner to get anything out of his traps beyond a small "early warning" system at the moment. I try to leave a trail of traps around corners and inside doors and stuff, but I don't think any of those have paid off yet. It gets a little exhausting honestly, lol. The game tends to favour rapid movement over camping one spot until the final rounds, which I suppose is where he's supposed to shine. I want to like the character but he feels so ineffective.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
How come almost every time I run into the champion squad early in this game its always got a player who can land perfect headshots with a wingman through smoke 🤔

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How come almost every time I run into the champion squad early in this game its always got a player who can land perfect headshots with a wingman through smoke 🤔

Because they typed that "Smoke_Visible 0" command in their notepad.
I know, why cant they just hotfix that thing like they have hotfixed other things.
To me smoke is like "meh I dont trust this smoke covers me 90% surely" now.

No_Style

Oct 26, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Nearly 3k damage and somehow still lose Because both of my teammates have less than 100 😩😭

Don't take this personally. I am just using this as the example because attitudes like this irk me. You win the game by getting the final kill. Amount of damage or kills means squat if you want to win. I understand the frustration from performing well and not getting rewarded for it but execution matters and you and your teammates didn't execute when it counted.

It's like complaining you didn't win a soccer match because you had more possession, passes and shots on target but 0 goals.

Again, sorry for quoting you as the example.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Because they typed that "Smoke_Visible 0" command in their notepad.
I know, why cant they just hotfix that thing like they have hotfixed other things.
To me smoke is like "meh I dont trust this smoke covers me 90% surely" now.

Or they could have digital sites, especially if on console.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The two weekly skins on the store refresh in an hour, I bet they were supposed to be new season items before the 1000 coin glitch happened :(

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Or they could have digital sites, especially if on console.

Yeah on console, but on PC when you just landed and Bangalore rushes you asap with smokes and shoots you thru smoke its very fishy.
Its getting worse every day when more and more people use that trick.
There is so many bugs and ways to abuse stuff that I really hope they block those in the big season1 patch, if they dont then im not sure Respawn can handle this game.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017

Something about the final ring being in Artillery makes me do really well.

It got a bit tense at the end but the squad of randoms delivered.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
where do you play on?
Xbox. Won the next game with much better random teammates so it was all good.
Don't take this personally. I am just using this as the example because attitudes like this irk me. You win the game by getting the final kill. Amount of damage or kills means squat if you want to win. I understand the frustration from performing well and not getting rewarded for it but execution matters and you and your teammates didn't execute when it counted.

It's like complaining you didn't win a soccer match because you had more possession, passes and shots on target but 0 goals.

This is kind of a false equivalency. When the difference between winning and losing is literally my teammates putting 2 shots into a team that I am fighting essentially 1v3 then it's not that I didn't execute it's my teammates that didn't. Both of them were new to the game so I wasn't extremely upset but it can get grating to perform so well and no have any support.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
A great team rush and push - with randoms!

I really thought I got all the eliminations, but watched it back and the second I got the assist.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
They need to get the battle pass out now because I'm getting real tired of not getting loot boxes for multiple levels in a row

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This audio glitch with Gib that causes him to keep saying "RELOADING" is annoying

He can't be cancelling his reload this many times and I've only ever heard it happen with Gibs

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I can't stand the whole complaining of randoms rhetoric. Sometimes you get bad people, sometimes you don't, whatever. The appeal of the genre is in part due to the randomness. Get over it. I had a winning match today where I had 9 kills, 1200 damage, and the other two had 0 and less than 100 damage. I don't give a damn, they pinged and were targets for the enemy teams that took bullets that I didn't. If you don't want to deal with people playing badly there's a solution to that problem in getting your own group.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I can't stand the whole complaining of randoms rhetoric. Sometimes you get bad people, sometimes you don't, whatever. The appeal of the genre is in part due to the randomness. Get over it. I had a winning match today where I had 9 kills, 1200 damage, and the other two had 0 and less than 100 damage. I don't give a damn, they pinged and were targets for the enemy teams that took bullets that I didn't. If you don't want to deal with people playing badly there's a solution to that problem in getting your own group.

I agree, the endless complaining about randoms got tiresome real fast

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
another day another hacker. le sigh.

shits getting worse every day.

before, i rarely got them (or rarely noticed them), but I swear this week it's gotten incrementally worse.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Played Blackout yesterday for the first time in a long time. Squad hot drops into Firing Range and 3 of us get full killed within 10 seconds. It was then 3 people spectating one team mate for 20 minutes trying to solo the last 84 people on the map until he died.
Not my idea of fun. Made me miss the Respawn beacon big time. I can't go back after Apex now. It's just too slow.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I would be fine if they actually were there to ping and be a meat shield. But no, gotta leave the instant you go down. It's not even some rare oddity. I'm genuinely surprised when a rando gives me a chance to respawn them. Something has to be done about that.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would be fine if they actually were there to ping and be a meat shield. But no, gotta leave the instant you go down. It's not even some rare oddity. I'm genuinely surprised when a rando gives me a chance to respawn them. Something has to be done about that.

Yeah, I can live with newbies but the downright toxic players is not something I can stand.

Case in point, yesterday. Me and two randoms drop into Skull Town on the suggestion of a guy, let's call him Mike. As it often happens it's rather chaotic, so the other teammate goes down and killed immediately. Mike attempts the rescue, but is downed in a matter of seconds. I play it smart knowing there's at least 2 players there, but I manage to revive him anyway. He spent the whole time talking shit on the mic, stuff like "come on revive already" "what the fuck are you doing", because clearly Mike who died 5 seconds in is a pro unlike me. I revive him, he rushes back into the action with that 10-20% post-revive health, gets downed and killed immediately again. Proceeds to call me a retard for not covering him fast enough and keeps on trying to coach me by insulting what I'm doing. I kill the two guys who murdered Mike, I go for his banner, then Mike quits the game.

This isn't an isolated incident, either. I can report such people on Xbox Live, but there alone, as Respawn currently not only has no in-game report system, it also has no in-game penalty systems for quitters, trolls, toxic people, etc.. Right now the only chance to get these people out of my possible player pool is hoping a dozen or so other people also reported them for similar behaviour, to which Xbox Live starts matchmaking them with other toxic people. Allow me to express my frustration/disappointment at such people in a discussion board at least.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone feel like the community has gotten slightly worse over the past few days?
Before I would have no problem playing with random team mates but lately they just disconnect before we've even dropped or would go off on their own.
I had 2 games back to back where by the time I landed I had already lost 1 team mate and then the 2nd team mate would leave afterwards.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone feel like the community has gotten slightly worse over the past few days?
Before I would have no problem playing with random team mates but lately they just disconnect before we've even dropped or would go off on their own.
I had 2 games back to back where by the time I landed I had already lost 1 team mate and then the 2nd team mate would leave afterwards.
It's been this way for a few weeks. The longer the game's been out, the worse it's gotten. For example, first week nobody disconnected on death, now it's something like 75% of randoms disconnect immediately. The higher level they are the more likely it is.

Speaking of the smoke exploit, had to laugh at one guy this lunch. Didn't really affect me as I had to hide as they camped my teammates banners with me and 2 squads left. I tried to hide until the enemies got into a fight but got Krabered after a minute. Thought I'd spectate to see who won, and was presented with this guy just firing smoke at everyone he saw and then him and his two teammates firing at people as if it wasn't there despite none of them being bloodhound and the guy I was watching not having a threat scope.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I've had three disconnects in matches that should've been Ws. Made it to second place all three times. Imagine if we had an able body. It's all good. Got paired up with another fellow level 100 and mopped the lobby. Makes it partying up with a brand new player from work all the easier.

Oct 31, 2017
Last night, I won a 1v1 duel at the start of a game against someone with a Spitfire while I had nothing but the crowd-favorite Mozambique. I got downed by his teammate backup shortly after that as my teammates weren't as close to me, but damn if out-shooting a Spitfire wielder with a Moz isn't funny.

Also think I might have finally unlocked the 'three full squad wipes' badge on Lifeline last night, but I didn't actually look to see. If not, I'd had a game where I definitely wiped 2 full squads, which alone is pretty great.

When you are just mowing down full teams right together, single-handedly, it feels like you can take on all comers haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.