• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like im getting better and better with the game now that I know the different weapons, my favorites, how the characters interact with one another. I even carry my own team lots of times and won a least 1 game each night.

Which is completely the opposite while i was playing Fortnite, was super good at the beginning but couldn't keep up with the building mechanic.

Haven't seen any hacker on PS4, which is great!

Do we know if all the other Legends will be paid or some will be free? I got Mirage but don't plan to buy Caustic even tho i have the money for it

Oct 26, 2017
After playing with Caustic for a bit, I'm catching up to everyone else's opinion of him and saying he's VERY situational.

I thought the grenade ulti would be a nice bonus to have but even that is hard to use effectively, even though it charges pretty fast. I think the increased trap trigger range and quicker damage will help him. Still, you basically have to be a mastermind planner to get anything out of his traps beyond a small "early warning" system at the moment. I try to leave a trail of traps around corners and inside doors and stuff, but I don't think any of those have paid off yet. It gets a little exhausting honestly, lol. The game tends to favour rapid movement over camping one spot until the final rounds, which I suppose is where he's supposed to shine. I want to like the character but he feels so ineffective.
I have the most kills with Caustic, though I've recently switched to Lifeline as my main. He really is a great situational character, best used as support for your team when you have at least one solid player on your team. His traps can help keep you protected, especially if your strong teammate needs to retreat to a corner and heal. Put up traps to protect entrances, give him time, etc. However, I had a recent game where where my Caustic teammate threw his ult on top of me while we were down to 2 squads. It was a 2v2, I got drop on enemy Wraith, and he whiffed his ult and seriously dropped it RIGHT on me. My vision got fucked, and I got murdered. He then died too. Caustic players still don't seem too aware of how much they can screw over their teammates.

I would be fine if they actually were there to ping and be a meat shield. But no, gotta leave the instant you go down. It's not even some rare oddity. I'm genuinely surprised when a rando gives me a chance to respawn them. Something has to be done about that.
Sadly, you're right. The norm has become that folks quit. In a match last night with a mate, our random was running ahead of us the whole game. He was just flying as Pathfinder. I spoke up and said, "$10 our teammate gets killed away from us, gets pissed, and immediately quits?" My teammate responds, "I thought this was going to be a hard bet." Sure enough, our random died and he quit immediately.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
I probably won't play it often, but solo queue is going to improve the game so much because it will hopefully get toxic players out of squad matchmaking. I'll happily accept longer matchmaking times if my random teammates actually want to play as a team and don't disconnect immediately after getting downed.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
When both of your teammates are out and you have to go through a full crew.

tumblr_n7jnas9uIW1qh59n0o1_250.gif

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a falling out with R301. It might be the best all-around gun, but it's never the gun I'd like to have in any specific situation.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've had a falling out with R301. It might be the best all-around gun, but it's never the gun I'd like to have in any specific situation.

The R99 replaced all light ammo guns for me. And I feel like the wingman can do what the carbine does but better if your aim is true.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been switching characters a lot and I think Pathfinder is my new favorite. Anytime I switch from him to someone else I spend the entire round missing his grappling hook and zip line.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I've been switching characters a lot and I think Pathfinder is my new favorite. Anytime I switch from him to someone else I spend the entire round missing his grappling hook and zip line.

As someone who played as Pathfinder a lot (as I got a Legendary skin), moving around is so cool but as soon as a gunfight starts, you're at a big disadvantage thanks to that hitbox and no offensive abilities.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who played as Pathfinder a lot (as I got a Legendary skin), moving around is so cool but as soon as a gunfight starts, you're at a big disadvantage thanks to that hitbox and no offensive abilities.

Grapple IS his offensive, defensive and whatever you want it to be ability.
Just wait and see his hitbox get more on the line with rest and suddenly he is the new wraith that every aim god will use.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I want to be a bit better at range so usually Scout, Wingman or Hemlock. R99/Peacekeeper/Prowler for close range.

Scout feels criminally underrated. I don't know if it's one of those PC vs. console things, but on PS4 it tears through squads at ranges people aren't even expecting to get engaged at.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Grapple IS his offensive, defensive and whatever you want it to be ability.
Just wait and see his hitbox get more on the line with rest and suddenly he is the new wraith that every aim god will use.

Sometimes in open spaces during fights, it can be useful, yeah. Indoors, with that hitbox, too? You're done.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I swear I come away with the sickest clutches / squad wipes. Managed to do a 1v3v3 and the R99 plus Mastiff combo was too much heat for both teams. B E L I E V E

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
hate it when im really good using the a weapon then the next game im ass with it. i miss the games where i was really consistent with the wingman. ugh! :(

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel right now that the ps4 version is the better version, rarely crash, no hackers as far as i can tell, less disconnection from randoms (i play 6-7 games per evening and rarely get some). It's just the antialisasing that get annonying

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like I always get paired with the worst teammates. I had two guys in a party disconnect on me with 3 squads left because I could only revive one of them. I still came out with the 3v1 clutch for the win though.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
okay, i play on the X too and i was wondering what would be a nice FOV to use. ill try that out.

did you start at 90 from the beginning or gradually went up that high over time? I assume aiming feels different at higher FOV vs the default 70?

yeah I played titanfall 2 at 90 fov so I started at 90 and it seems to run fine at that fov. I also play on a gaming monitor instead of a tv so i'm sitting rather close to the screen. It is weird coming from playing tons of blackout though with the tiny FOV but I don't think it would take long to get used to it didn't for me. I wouldnt just set it at 90 from the start I don't know how much gradually bumping it would help.

Last edited:

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
yeah I played titanfall 2 at 90 fov so I started at 90 and it seems to run fine at that fov. I also play on a gaming monitor instead of a tv so i'm sitting rather close to the screen. It is weird coming from playing tons of blackout though with the tiny FOV but I don't think it would take long to get used to it didn't for me. I would just set it at 90 from the start I don't know how much gradually bumping it would help.
okay. cool. im going to try 90 today! sweeet

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think the game would be better if you got XP/credit for downs, not just for kills. As it is now, people will immediately go for the kill after downing someone, just to ensure they get the XP for it, often to the detriment of the team. Plus it would make us schlubs feel like we contributed more to the effort.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Peacekeeper to the head, 18 damage. Okay then. Why is shooting so damn inconsistent in this game? Boggles my mind.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I actually think the game would be better if you got XP/credit for downs, not just for kills. As it is now, people will immediately go for the kill after downing someone, just to ensure they get the XP for it, often to the detriment of the team. Plus it would make us schlubs feel like we contributed more to the effort.

The XP you get for kills is minuscule, you get by far the most by staying alive for a long time.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The XP you get for kills is minuscule, you get by far the most by staying alive for a long time.
Yeah, but for those of us who are psyched to get 2-4 kills in a game, we will take stupid risks to get the credit for the kill, since that is a stat that, by default, you advertise on your banner.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I just can't get around the R99, everytime I tried to use it if I missed the first shot I automatically missed all the rest.

I very much preffer the 301.

These days my go to weapons are: Spitfire, Eva 08, Wingman, 301, Triple Take, Longbow. I'll never discard these.

G7 (altho never as a Sniper rifle), Prowler, and Hemlock, to a lesser extent.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Just changed my fov from 70 - 90.....

Man it feels sexy af. I'm still experimenting with it, but it makes the game feel "different".

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but for those of us who are psyched to get 2-4 kills in a game, we will take stupid risks to get the credit for the kill, since that is a stat that, by default, you advertise on your banner.
You get less kills by thirsting. That's what people need to learn. I don't think Respawn can really force people to realize that.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Was blinging out last night. Gold armor. Gold helmet. Gold backpack. Gold down shield. Got 2nd place to to terrible randoms.

Last edited:

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Just won a starter pack from hype zone but already own it. Ms added it to my account instead of giving me a code. Boo

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit 90 fov has elevated my triple take game. I was fucking them up as a desert sniper at the end. My sense of depth and bullet trajectory has seen a boost with this setting!

I think the triple take is my favorite sniper for end game, long range, desert battles.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't get around the R99, everytime I tried to use it if I missed the first shot I automatically missed all the rest.

I very much preffer the 301.

These days my go to weapons are: Spitfire, Eva 08, Wingman, 301, Triple Take, Longbow. I'll never discard these.

G7 (altho never as a Sniper rifle), Prowler, and Hemlock, to a lesser extent.

Yeah I don't take the r99 often. By the time I've adjusted my aim I'm out of bullets. I'll bet it's nasty if you can actually aim though.

Status
Not open for further replies.