• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Wait is thirsting killing the person while they are down? Or letting them bleed out?

What's so bad about killing someone when they are down? Waste of resources when you should focus on the other two in the squad, I'm assuming?

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah the people that want to drop in the zone where 4+ other squads almost always go bad, I end up running around trying not to get killed and find any weapon at all. drop near an epic loot zone, and loot there, move over to the epic zone and clean up and then go at em with a good kit seems to work best for me

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I don't get about this game is how I can drop the exact moment the counter hits 0 and when I'm in the air, I can see groups already ahead of me? Happens from time to time but I'm not experiencing lag

How do people feel about scopes on the G7 Scout? I don't like anything apart form the 2X on it. I don't feel it does enough damage from too far to warrant a 4X or higher

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017

So these two arseholes decided to start firing on these guys from runoff at distance. I decided to take the flank through the trench and hit them from behind since the pathfinder decided to set a zipline down heading over there.

Both died, I killed the last two and then I look down and course see that both disconnected.

Wankers. I honestly can't fathom how a person becomes that much of a moron.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It just depends on the scenario. Sometimes getting the thirst off is better than letting them bleed. Especially if the Lifeline is the last one alive. You don't know if a third party could happen that distracts you from a current fight. Now you gotta deal with a different Bang shooting at you and you lost your opportunity to dwindle the previous teams life pool cause he prolly got picked up during the mix.

Just depends.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I don't get about this game is how I can drop the exact moment the counter hits 0 and when I'm in the air, I can see groups already ahead of me? Happens from time to time but I'm not experiencing lag

How do people feel about scopes on the G7 Scout? I don't like anything apart form the 2X on it. I don't feel it does enough damage from too far to warrant a 4X or higher
I agree with you. The gun is super weak as an actual sniper. The bullet drop is extreme at the sort of range you'd use a 4x for.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit 90 fov has elevated my triple take game. I was fucking them up as a desert sniper at the end. My sense of depth and bullet trajectory has seen a boost with this setting!

I think the triple take is my favorite sniper for end game, long range, desert battles.

It's better than the Kraber for the fire rate alone, imo.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely feels like the disparity between god like players and complete numbskulls has widened further whilst maintaining the same general playerbase.
Thus my incredibly average arse, that cannot carry, feels like it must pray at the alter of randomly assigned partners and hope, at least as long as I'm solo queuing.

When are my pathfinder buffs? I need compensation for my stealth chunkiness.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
It just depends on the scenario. Sometimes getting the thirst off is better than letting them bleed. Especially if the Lifeline is the last one alive. You don't know if a third party could happen that distracts you from a current fight. Now you gotta deal with a different Bang shooting at you and you lost your opportunity to dwindle the previous teams life pool cause he prolly got picked up during the mix.

Just depends.
I don't really consider it thirsting if you've assessed the situation and decided finishing them off is the way to go. To me thirsting is kill no matter what, caution to the wind. Which often only gives away your position and gives their buddies time to flank you.

It's better than the Kraber for the fire rate alone, imo.
Do people still consider Kraber good? I've given it a few more chances but I just can't find any use for it. The kinds of fights where you can get consistent hits with slow rate of fire and a 6x just don't exist in Apex.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
OK, this ending to the match I just had was one of the most intense ones yet, unbelievable. What a roller coaster, tides turned multiple times during the fight.

Win #188 but one of my favorite ones. Took down a purple armored player when I didn't even have full health and no shield, I am now an EVA believer. Watching the footage now, I totally forgot to use the healing droid in the spur of the moment...

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Do people still consider Kraber good? I've given it a few more chances but I just can't find any use for it. The kinds of fights where you can get consistent hits with slow rate of fire and a 6x just don't exist in Apex.
the only time I've had it and did anything with it was once where my squad saw two other squads fighting in the distance, too preoccupied to consider being sniped

got a lone Lifeline then the Mirage she was fighting, peering out from behind the rock he fled to

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait is thirsting killing the person while they are down? Or letting them bleed out?

What's so bad about killing someone when they are down? Waste of resources when you should focus on the other two in the squad, I'm assuming?

Situational, usually its better to let them be and try to kill the rest instead.
But if the downed guy can hide somewhere and someone could revive him, finish him if possible.
If they are midde of nothing or you know his friends not able to revive him and it doesnt matter if he pings your location for them 5 times per second then let him be.

Depends so much but usually I dont touch them, it can be just good trap to let some people try to revive to get easy kill.
Its very different in this compared to other BR:s because even if you finish someone they can be revived so finishing them asap doesnt really do anything if you cant finish the whole squad, so in that way you should not finish them.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
OK, this ending to the match I just had was one of the most intense ones yet, unbelievable. What a roller coaster, tides turned multiple times during the fight.

Win #188 but one of my favorite ones. Took down a purple armored player when I didn't even have full health and no shield, I am now an EVA believer. Watching the footage now, I totally forgot to use the healing droid in the spur of the moment...

You also missed the helmet! But didn't matter anyway lol. Good win! The best wins always have a respawns or 2, the feeling of no gear in final 3 is terrifying but also makes me go super aggressive with first gun I find.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
The 6x doesn't take that long to zoom in. It's pretty useful in basically any fight that isn't point blank because 1 hit with it is going to knock out their shields and a fair chunk of health. Then you can push, pepper with grenades, etc etc.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kraber is really good, at start I didnt like it because of the bullet drop but you can use it almost in any situation, you dont have to be 500m away sniping with it.
Just 1 hit to start the fight from any range and swap to your r301 whatever and melt them super fast.
Today I had kraber and just headshotted some guy on roof who was shooting my teammates, feels always so good.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
It was a monster in TF2. Theres a reason why like all TF2 compilation/epic play videos are always insane kraber shots lol.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
People calling for a smaller hitbox on gib is going to regret it. He can easily get wins as is and it's going to be a little op after. Honestly you should just make him offensive instead of defense at that point based off his ult.

Ult with ult accelerants is all you need. He can destroy a team with his ult. It hits fast and strong. I'm going to love the smaller hitbox cause in my current group I don't die die due to a hitbox... Really now come on now. You die cause you were caught out of position 90% of the time. Really you have a bubble shield to fall behind and I mean behind it... not in it to give you additional cover to offset a hitbox.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I was better at splicing together clips / fast forwarding the downtime because I had a 5 min scuffle that shot my kills up from 2 to 10.

8 people washed in the span of about 5 minutes. Only clipped the last squad wipe tho.

The Mastiff rips. I just love the commentary from people when they see the killfeed lol. Steph Curry daggers.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they need to remove the stun effect when youre shot while sprinting. its annoying as hell

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know the characters make comments about wiping squads, but the Halo voice screaming "killing spree" after going on a run will never not be hype.

Kinda wish we had an announcer with that much raspy energy lol.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I know the characters make comments about wiping squads, but the Halo voice screaming "killing spree" after going on a run will never not be hype.

Kinda wish we had an announcer with that much raspy energy lol.

That's the type of thing you can charge $2.00 for and make some serious cash.

People seemed to go nuts with the voice packs on DotA 2.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
You also missed the helmet! But didn't matter anyway lol. Good win! The best wins always have a respawns or 2, the feeling of no gear in final 3 is terrifying but also makes me go super aggressive with first gun I find.

Yup, watching the video it's obvious I missed the helmet and for some reason I picked up another shotgun? But it was hard not to panic and just pick up the necessities (armor, med kits, shields).

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i dont know how people jump before anyone else. its like you can hold X so it launches you as soon as the timer is down but people are still ahead...

tips?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up winning with trashcan Gib today on accident. I'm so nice at this game that I didn't even mean to pick him, but still ended up winning. Gib is garbage tho. Trashman trash.

Yawn. Think I had enough of winning today. Yaaaawwwwn.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I really dont understand the obsession with Bunker drop.

Such a lottery and not great loot. And you are enclosed in a building.

It really makes no sense.

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
I really dont understand the obsession with Bunker drop.

Such a lottery and not great loot. And you are enclosed in a building.

It really makes no sense.
It's because it's a guaranteed fight. I don't get it either, I prefer looting a little first, but I'd say a solid 50% of the random groups I'm in will drop to a hot spot in the middle of 5 other groups.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love it when you get paired up with people who are competent at fighting and knowing when to push / play passive. Just those killers that you feel you can engage without worrying they'll go down.

Ooooo boy GG to the lobby.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
I love it when you get paired up with people who are competent at fighting and knowing when to push / play passive. Just those killers that you feel you can engage without worrying they'll go down.

Ooooo boy GG to the lobby.
Rare but when it happens its beautiful. Dont even call shit out y'all are just sharks who know how and when to move.

qFvWp60.gif

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
Yup, watching the video it's obvious I missed the helmet and for some reason I picked up another shotgun? But it was hard not to panic and just pick up the necessities (armor, med kits, shields).

Yeah, the game is played at a frantic pace in that scenario for me too. I miss so much shit in the heat of battle.

Oct 26, 2017
What is best way to report cheaters? Just had a speed cheater. We killed her ass, but we also got it on video.

Also, I've been whining since day 1, but they better start penalizing quitters. Teammate got downed because he ran a mile away. Other teammate and I swoop in and 2v3 the squad. Doesn't matter. Our 3rd quit.

Last edited:

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I want a mute audio by default please. Just got spammed by some chinese account in chinese at character select and they disconnect as the game starts.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Man am I glad I chose to main PS4 this time around. Hearing about all these PC hacks and stuff across Reddit and here... It's quite something.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really wish my grenade bounce killed this guy following me but it was enough damage to down him with a couple punches.

Chess, not checkers.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Hahah.

I love it when you drop into a populated area only for a guy to pick up a gun and chase you for 3 minutes, for him then to kill you and be left nowhere near the loot with no ammo and no decent gun.

Well played, you must be a pro. I'll give shroud a call tell him I have someone who can stream in his absence.

Edit:getting the worse luck ever today. Every drop I'm running through 4 buildings without armour or guns. Time to give the game a rest.

Last edited:

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it's because of server delay or what but I find punching really inaccurate, like half the time I'll punch straight at someone at it seems to go right through them

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yesterday was pretty abysmal on the random front. Everyone hot dropping straight down to their deaths. Had a redneck call me a "fuckin' pussy" because I asked why we were dropping into slum lakes with 10 other teams. He then died seconds later (called me a pussy again right before quitting the game) and then I proceeded to squad wipe the team that killed him and managed to rez our other downed teammate.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had some rough runs last night, no wins at all and pretty dead in the first few minutes. No luck, had to switch and play FIFA, lol

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On a gigabit connection with 22ms latency and players can jump off ship before other, even though spamming x, game is broken.

The dropping part IS a bit broken and depends on luck.
You have to get lucky to be the first team who starts from a bit lower than the rest, some teams can get stuck to each other for 1-2 sec and get blocked by others etc.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Got my fifth win last night playing w/ a friend. Personal best of 5 kills as well (Mastiff take-downs are so satisfying)!

My consistency during gun fights is steadily going up. Only took 35 levels to begin feeling a modicum of competency!

Status
Not open for further replies.