• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The jump trails are broke too. I've lost count the amount of times I've glided to a far away destination with no other squads anywhere near us and found a squad already there with guns ready.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Wait is thirsting killing the person while they are down? Or letting them bleed out?

What's so bad about killing someone when they are down? Waste of resources when you should focus on the other two in the squad, I'm assuming?

It's fine when it's safe but in a shootout it's better to look for the remainers, because I always get blasted trying to finish of a guy, it takes too long when they have a good takedown shield. I think the shields are Apex's way of saying, don't worry about the downed people and find the remainers because they'll try to get to the downed person.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have to ask what people think, this clip right here, at 3:35: https://youtu.be/QTj5MsMoZu8?t=212

Cheating or predicting?

Hard to say from video alone, but interesting how he goes back (because he likely predicted the guy ran the other way once he wasn't getting hitmarkers anymore), misses, then immediately his aim locks exactly where the guy was, so he precisely murders him. Could be lucky but it's rather suspicious indeed, that aim snap is odd.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Two games in a row where I get respawned and we win. First I lost a Mastiff and pretty much perfect gear, but me and another aced a squad and kitted me up. It was so good. Third guy did literally 0 damage and got respawned twice. Poor new player.

Finished with 1952 damage. ARG I am never gonna get 2k.

Next game won after a respawn. Had an epic fight on bluffs south of the area between Air Base and Bunker. R99 hip fire charges backed up by R101 ADS when needed. 2.5 squads killed there.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Wait is thirsting killing the person while they are down? Or letting them bleed out?

What's so bad about killing someone when they are down? Waste of resources when you should focus on the other two in the squad, I'm assuming?
It's fine when it's safe but in a shootout it's better to look for the remainers, because I always get blasted trying to finish of a guy, it takes too long when they have a good takedown shield. I think the shields are Apex's way of saying, don't worry about the downed people and find the remainers because they'll try to get to the downed person.

Piggy-backing off Ravelle post. Thirsting can be useful but there are times that are best practice to do so:
1.When you know for a fact it there isn't an immediate other enemy teammate nearby. (ie. You catch someone wandering away from their team and down and kill them asap)
2. When you see the other team has a Lifeline or Bangalore take extra notice and weigh that into your decision of whether to thirst or not. As soon as I see a Lifeline on an enemy team and i've downed someone i'll almost always chuck a nade or go for a quick thirst to eliminate the chance of that person being revived in the middle of the fight or in the event of a third-party distraction. Now, this isn't to say to stop shooting and immediately thirst but sometimes taking out that possibility can be the difference in your team winning or losing a fight. A good Lifeline will know exactly when to revive and use cover to make it very hard for you to stop the revive. Bangalore is the same concept with the smoke but not as dangerous since you can predict it more easily.
3. Sometimes if I know someone has a better Armor than me or if i'm low on shield and/or shield cells, I will thirst someone and immediately loot their box for their armor so I can get my shield back to full health. This is risky/reward depending on how fast you can pull it off but it's saved my life countless times.
4. Lastly, if you see someone has a gold knockdown shield, again treat it cautiously but always try and thirst ASAP to eliminate the chance of them coming back and slipping off in a 3rd party opportunity. I've won games where this has happened to me and had the team just immediately killed me instead of looking around for loot or other enemies, they might have won. Dead giveaway late-game if someone has a gold KD shield is if they display their KD shield when they are down. Most of the other times if people have a purple or lower they will show it ASAP but with a gold KD shield, you don't want to give away that you have a self-revive so you'll hide it as much as possible. Mostly likely the ones not pulling up their shields have one so take a few shots at them until they pull it up and see.

Those are some of my tips, hope they help.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I want kill cam. At this stage I'm going to assume anyone at a spot already when I spam X and dive straight down is straight up hacking.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Was there some way to see through smoke on PC or something? Someone with 3k+ kills found me way too fast in a smoky building.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The community is a dumpster fire and this is actively ruining the game. Almost nobody follows the jumpmaster, 90% of randoms quits seconds after downed, then there's the hacks and exploits, the trolls, the people sending hate messages and insulting in the chat...

This is becoming worse each week unfortunately.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
The community is a dumpster fire and this is actively ruining the game. Almost nobody follows the jumpmaster, 90% of randoms quits seconds after downed, then there's the hacks and exploits, the trolls, the people sending hate messages and insulting in the chat...

Yeap, growing community = more toxic

I really miss the first two weeks.

Anyways....now everytime i land somewhere i find a mozanbique, move away to another room and theres another fucking mozanbique...i start getting hunted, run away looking for a weapon and what a find? another mozanbique

ffffffffffffffff

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Is that on console or pc and what region?
I have just had positive randoms in almost all my games PC EU.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
wJObJHl.png

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
I wish people would turn their mic off if they're eating...

Just mute it in general unless you are actively using it. I don't want to hear you talking about the game to your friend sitting next to you, I don't want to hear the baby crying in the background, and I don't want to hear your wife disciplining your kids (all things that have happened at least once to me in the past week).

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I checked my playtime through Xbox achievements and I have close to 200 hours already.

I wish I could see how many hours I put into Fortnite but I can't see anything. The highest is Overwatch at 500. It's just crazy I played this that much in the span of a month (aside from waiting for matches, disconnects, or just messing around the lobby customizing stuff)

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017

Haven't had any of these problems playing on XB1 and I only play with randoms. Usually the people who quit are the ones who think they're too good for the team.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
I doubt it's happening today, but the jump pads are cool teaser. Wish they'd just get it over with though, everyone already knows who he is and what he can do.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Hopefully this means we are closer to the launch of season 1. Always find this kind of stuff fun though, even if we already know the kit at this point.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Haven't had any of these problems playing on XB1 and I only play with randoms. Usually the people who quit are the ones who think they're too good for the team.

I play on Xbox and I've had most.

90% of the time they will want to jump in the Hotzone/Bunker/Supplyship, and once downed will immediately quit.

I've had PMs after games accusing me of hacking or calling me insulting names. (Tbh, I've had far more 'GG's after games, but I have had a fair few really salty players hit out at me)

Very rare do I see team play from random players. They will often loot everything a give no fucks about anyone else. I had a game this morning where I dropped and instantly picked up the Evo-8, a team mate grabbed the ammo and another shotgun and ran off. I took out 2 players with the bullets I had and constantly spammed 'i need shotgun shells' to be ignored while they both ran away and left me to deal with the 3rd man alone as they looted up.

I've also received abuse in chat. I was called a cunt for daring to ignore the pings of a Hotzone drop, and I've been called a bell-end for choosing lifeline when I was chasing the 'win 2 games in a row with lifeline' banner .

I'm not saying it's all toxic, I've met and played with some really nice people, but I haven't seen abuse like this in a game since modern Warfare.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, most randoms are not only trash at the game, they will disconnect as soon as they're down. I just cleaned up a squad my randoms couldn't handle and when I was about to pick up their banners, they both disconnected.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a time of day thing? I play normally around 10-midnight, pacific time, and I don't have these problems. At all.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a time of day thing? I play normally around 10-midnight, pacific time, and I don't have these problems. At all.

From what I've seen playing BRs, the skill level rises dramatically the later you play. Fortnite at 2am is a lot harder than the same game at 1pm.

Usually in a party so so haven't noticed with Apex, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, most randoms are not only trash at the game, they will disconnect as soon as they're down. I just cleaned up a squad my randoms couldn't handle and when I was about to pick up their banners, they both disconnected.

They're garbage for sure. But when you get matched up with players that play for the win, stay for the revives and actually ping...it's great. Luckily I usually have at least one other friend online so we can try to lower the chances.

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
Jump pad near Marketplace is only showing up on console and not PC. Most likely because it would have been data mined on PC already. Mirage's decoy works on it.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
What am I doing wrong? I hit but can't kill; get killed within two seconds instead. At first I was pretty excited about Apex because it was the first BR game ever I somewhat enjoyed. But lately it gets more and more frustrating because I can't seem to get into this game, even after thirty hours. Whenever I see an enemy first I constantly hit them, numbers go up and up, fights take so many seconds – no kill confirmed, not even downed.

Whenever the enemy get the jump on me, however, it's over for me in almost two seconds and I can't do shit. Even if I react quickly, their HP advantage win the shootout for them. Just the last round someone shot at me three times, two hits and I was down from 100HP and 50 armor.

Right now it's for me 80% running around and looting stuff and only 20% shooting. Also, healing and recharging anything takes so frigging long; I'm simply not used to that, coming from Arena shooters like Unreal Tournament, early CoD games and Overwatch.

Playing round after round with zero kills or one or two, tops, is highly frustrating. How do get into this game? What am I doing wrong? How can someone have constantly so many kills each round? How can someone have possibly like over 30 kills in one round? This is beyond me. Are there any tips and tutorials beyond the most basic stuff that explains weapons mods, controls, damage reduction etc. pp.?

Thanks!

Also: I get a lot of micro stutters lately, Apex being the only game with these issues. It wasn't a problem at release. At first I thought it was borderless window mode because it got better at fullscreen. But now I have the issue in fullscreen as well, even with the latest Nvidia drivers (GTX 1070; i5 4690k, 16GB RAM).

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Partied up with a dude that was convinced he performed better because he had a legendary skin. Said because now he can see his cool looking gloves he's more accurate. Said he's glad he's on his main because now he can win, because I guess all talents and knowledge goes away when you make burner accounts.

Taking "look good, feel good" to a whole new level. And kinda weird. Maybe a little sad.

Prototype-03

Oct 25, 2017
What am I doing wrong? I hit but can't kill; get killed within two seconds instead. At first I was pretty excited about Apex because it was the first BR game ever I somewhat enjoyed. But lately it gets more and more frustrating because I can't seem to get into this game, even after thirty hours. Whenever I see an enemy first I constantly hit them, numbers go up and up, fights take so many seconds – no kill confirmed, not even downed.

Whenever the enemy get the jump on me, however, it's over for me in almost two seconds and I can't do shit. Even if I react quickly, their HP advantage win the shootout for them. Just the last round someone shot at me three times, two hits and I was down from 100HP and 50 armor.

Right now it's for me 80% running around and looting stuff and only 20% shooting. Also, healing and recharging anything takes so frigging long; I'm simply not used to that, coming from Arena shooters like Unreal Tournament, early CoD games and Overwatch.

Playing round after round with zero kills or one or two, tops, is highly frustrating. How do get into this game? What am I doing wrong? How can someone have constantly so many kills each round? How can someone have possibly like over 30 kills in one round? This is beyond me. Are there any tips and tutorials beyond the most basic stuff that explains weapons mods, controls, damage reduction etc. pp.?

Thanks!

Also: I get a lot of micro stutters lately, Apex being the only game with these issues. It wasn't a problem at release. At first I thought it was borderless window mode because it got better at fullscreen. But now I have the issue in fullscreen as well, even with the latest Nvidia drivers (GTX 1070; i5 4690k, 16GB RAM).

It's hard to say from what you posted -- recording yourself is probably the first step you want to take. OBS makes it pretty easy to stream/record. Remember all bullets have travel time. Also, have to check out how much damage you do. If you're running around 80% of the time, it most likely means you're always dropping in low drop zones -- have to hot drop a lot and just keep dying to learn.

I don't get micro stutters though. What's your setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.