• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
In my 21 kill game, it came down to the pure luck of being able to kill the last 12 people left in the game by myself.

You just have to luck into a situation where the enemy teams aren't actually fighting each other and you just happen to walk into all of them. The combination of luck and having the skill to actually win those fights, anyway.

A lot of the elements are outside of your direct control, though.

I hear it's easier on PC because players are more confrontational/reliant on their gunskill. Frothy was talking about this in one of his vids, saying how in some ways it's actually harder on console because they focus more on strategies which slow gameplay down. Doing things like running away to get a different angle, instead of pushing and relying on their gunskill, for instance.

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the blue Legendary Wingman the most and was thinking about crafting that, but I guess you're at a disadvantage with it, the ones I don't really like the look of are better...

I can confirm that aiming without scopes with those R-99 skins is better then with other R-99 skins. But those at least I vastly prefer aesthetically.

0QVLzzE.jpg

ihJ8fxm.jpg

The iron sights are better but that big ass tube on the side ruins it. The Alchemist is best R99 legendary IMO.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I hear it's easier on PC because players are more confrontational/reliant on their gunskill. Frothy was talking about this in one of his vids, saying how in some ways it's actually harder on console because they focus more on strategies which slow gameplay down. Doing things like running away to get a different angle, instead of pushing and relying on their gunskill, for instance.
There's probably a lot of truth to that. I've only played Apex on PC, but playing other console shooters in the past, I've definitely had a different playstyle on a controller than with M/K.

Are the shot caller badges broken? I won as jumpmaster and it didn't give it to me :(
That specific one has been broken since launch.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
A Bangalore teammate with 1.5k kills. I stick right next to them the whole time. I drop them med kits. They take the purple armor. They get knocked literally one step away from the respawn beacon, midgame, and they immediately DC leaving me without a teammate.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
There's probably a lot of truth to that. I've only played Apex on PC, but playing other console shooters in the past, I've definitely had a different playstyle on a controller than with M/K.

Driftor actually has a video on it too.

I don't know about Apex but it's definitely true for games like Rainbow Six Siege. Console ranked play is way more reliant on tactics. Part of it is that your team just can't reorientate as quickly on PC. For example on Siege, if one guy gets behind you he can often kill 3 players before anyone even reacts. If someone gets behind you on PC, someone's gonna' spin round and snap onto you much faster. So with that style of play being so punishing, players end up being much more defensive to compensate.

That's also why it's super weird when you go to one of the Apex discords and you see people constantly saying things like 'looking for super agro players'.

At least on console, you shouldn't be looking for super aggressive players. You should be looking for smart players that understand when to play aggressively and punish enemies for their mistakes, and when to close up, play defensively and force enemies into playing your game so that they make those mistakes.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017

I don't know about Apex but it's definitely true for games like Rainbow Six Siege. Console ranked play is way more reliant on tactics. Part of it is that your team just can't reorientate as quickly on PC. For example on Siege, if one guy gets behind you he can often kill 3 players before anyone even reacts. If someone gets behind you on PC, someone's gonna' spin round and snap onto you much faster. So with that style of play being so punishing, players end up being much more defensive to compensate.

That's also why it's super weird when you go to one of the Apex discords and you see people constantly saying things like 'looking for super agro players'.

At least on console, you shouldn't be looking for super aggressive players. You should be looking for smart players that understand when to play aggressively and punish enemies for their mistakes, and when to close up, play defensively and force enemies into playing your game so that they make those mistakes.

Agreed.

"Super agressive" means "I drop Skull/blue zone every time and 9 times out of 10 I get knocked and disconnect 30 seconds in".

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Xbox users am cry :(

Singh Deep

Dec 10, 2017
Apex down to #3 on XBL now.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

At this point - I really think it's due to them not adding new special event modes in the game. It's been out long enough where they need to shake up the playlist and get some more options happening.

Yeah, gotta' shake up the playlist, and whose idea was it to stop awarding loot boxes after you hit level 100? Kinda' makes it pointless to play the game aside from teaming up and playing with your friends.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my goooood, who the fuck instantly auto-disconnects when they're downed 15 minutes into the game. Better yet, after that fight was over it was just us two and one squad of three people. Three people we likely would've gotten if we had a third player.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only doing the battlepass because I want my money back lol. That's it.

It's not like Fortnite where I saw a skin or a dance and thought, "that's cool!"

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do think they need to add something to keep me invested. I have come to understand why the Battle Pass isn't great. A lot of it is just unlockables that I probably won't use (Season 1: win/kills/damages; Season 1 opening lines; most of the skins). And they stop awarding boxes after 100? That is kind of BS. I am still loving this game, and although it's success has obviously caught Respawn off-guard I think they should try to state what their plan is forward. Whether it's events, new characters or just something completely different.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, gotta' shake up the playlist, and whose idea was it to stop awarding loot boxes after you hit level 100? Kinda' makes it pointless to play the game aside from teaming up and playing with your friends.
Just like Titanfall, the long-term hooks are just not there.

Titanfall and Overwatch are both two of my favorite FPS of the gen, but I dropped Titanfall after 100 hours and stuck with Overwatch for 2000. Blizzard had the better hooks, independant from the actual core gameplay.

Apex is having the same trouble keeping my attention for more than a few months, even if I love everything about the way it actually plays.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Something about the iron sights on most of these guns are so aesthetically...ugly.

I feel like the longbow is the only long arm that has a decent iron sight.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'll finish the battlepass solely cause I don't wanna play more than my 3 character. Shit I barely wanna switch off Lifeline.

All those FNBR challenges of "emote in front of a lightpole" are sounding real good right now.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If this new character is built like Gib, she's gonna get dropped FAST after the honeymoon phase. And that honeymoon phase is only gonna be 1 day.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
They really need to do something about unlocks soon. The game is still solid and I'm still playing, but no crates for winning games is one thing, but the battle pass having them only every 15 levels or so is insane! Especially when most of the time you get dunked on with shit weapon skins. Then the actual pay for stuff store has barely anything in it at a time too. You'd think players were unlocking every single Legendary Character skin and were done with everything. My only Legendary is a Banner and if it weren't for the Twitch Prime Pathfinder I wouldn't have any legendary skins.

Are they just fully committed to riding out another 2 months with this shit until the 2nd Pass? What are they doing over there!

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
They really need to do something about unlocks soon. The game is still solid and I'm still playing, but no crates for winning games is one thing, but the battle pass having them only every 15 levels or so is insane! Especially when most of the time you get dunked on with shit weapon skins. Then the actual pay for stuff store has barely anything in it at a time too. You'd think players were unlocking every single Legendary Character skin and we're done with everything. My only Legendary is a Banner and if it weren't for the Twitch Prime Pathfinder I wouldn't have any legendary skins.

Are they just fully committed to riding out another 2 months with this shit until the 2nd Pass? What are they doing over there!

The honeymoon phase is definitely over with the game. Peeps will be moving on soon if they don't start really pushing new modes and ways to enjoy the game. 30v30. Duos. Anything.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I killed the player they respawned, couldn't deal with getting killed again so they evaporated. Not fair.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The honeymoon phase is definitely over with the game. Peeps will be moving on soon if they don't start really pushing new modes and ways to enjoy the game. 30v30. Duos. Anything.
Ya, 50v50 was introduced to Fortnite at exactly the same point in its life that Apex is in now, a little over two months.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I'm just about to get the Legendary Apex Pack at level 86 and I'm debating on weather I should risk it or switch to Belgium and get crafting metals instead. Need to make up my mind as I'll be hitting 86 very soon...
Maybe it's just me but I don't think 800 metals is worth the trade-off from the 1200 worth legendary? Sure, it will suck if you get one for a gun/character you don't use but I can't quite bring myself to deliberately earn less. Again, maybe it's just me.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Thought for sure we'd get a round of season updates this week like the rumored map changes, the new character, the weapon, something.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it's just me but I don't think 800 metals is worth the trade-off from the 1200 worth legendary? Sure, it will suck if you get one for a gun/character you don't use but I can't quite bring myself to deliberately earn less. Again, maybe it's just me.

If you get something you like, sure. But there's so many Legendary finishers, banners, skins for Caustic, Gibraltar and guns that aren't worth using that you gotta be pretty lucky to get something you'll actually want to use.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
How not to win in Apex Legends:

- We all had great gear
- we all had 4 or 5 kills each (I think?)
- We knew where the final ring was (Pathfinder used his ability)
- Enemy team was outside the current ring
- They had to push towards us to get to the
- Before the clip starts, my squad pushes on them while I am getting Krabered from distance

So yeah. Why did they push? We had position, we had the final ring location, we had good gear, we had kills.

*Clip starts*

One squad mate is downed. Other is in a fight. I rush over and he is downed. I finish him off with a Mastiff.

2 on 2. I rush to the final ring position to gain the advantage.

What does Pathfiner do?

He loots. I mean, come on.

Pathfinder is downed and out. I go to Clutch 1 on 2 and feel I give it a good shot. I manage to down one, but the other gets me from behind.

TLDR:

- If you have positon, use it to your advantage.
- Do not loot in the end game.

Last edited:

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Had one game where we landed in the swamp and fought two other teams and won. We moved towards the Ring but didn't encounter anyone until we were in the final 3.

We started fighting one team in Marketplace. I got downed but landed behind some tables; while I couldn't move out, I was effectively hidden. The other team got distracted by the third and we ended up on top.

That was the first time I actually outdamaged someone on a champion squad.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Ya, 50v50 was introduced to Fortnite at exactly the same point in its life that Apex is in now, a little over two months.

Yeah. Blackout had Close Quarters Frenzy very soon after launch. Apex could do the opposite and make it all long range weapons as one idea. They just need to give us something.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if communication is going to ramp up after they reveal their SW game.

Its prolly all hands on deck rn.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You don't communicate or ping things and you leave the squad hanging every time we engage.

You see the damage kills and revives post stats and spam invite.

Nah I'm good.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After a week of playing solo I was ready to scream and yell at this game. My buddy returned and we partied up right away, 2 wins out of 3 games. Amazing what a little teamwork and a buddy slayer with 10-15+ kills every game can do. Same as Halo, this game is night and day solo or with a buddy/squad. I shouldn't be so surprised/frustrated by that.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They really need to do something about unlocks soon. The game is still solid and I'm still playing, but no crates for winning games is one thing, but the battle pass having them only every 15 levels or so is insane! Especially when most of the time you get dunked on with shit weapon skins. Then the actual pay for stuff store has barely anything in it at a time too. You'd think players were unlocking every single Legendary Character skin and were done with everything. My only Legendary is a Banner and if it weren't for the Twitch Prime Pathfinder I wouldn't have any legendary skins.

The sad part is many of us were saying this since before season 1 launched. And then season 1 turned out to be a pretty lame grind for not a lot of interesting loot. Its sad cause they have a special game but they obviously dont have the resources to make it seriously competitive with people's time in the br market.

Just like Titanfall, the long-term hooks are just not there.

Titanfall and Overwatch are both two of my favorite FPS of the gen, but I dropped Titanfall after 100 hours and stuck with Overwatch for 2000. Blizzard had the better hooks, independant from the actual core gameplay.

Apex is having the same trouble keeping my attention for more than a few months, even if I love everything about the way it actually plays.
Yeah this is well said. Titanfall was amazing but also was awful at sustaining a long term base. Respawn needs to figure that because they make special games. Just wish they were long lasting

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Back to back to back 14-15 kill games with 2500 damage.

Going off. I'll hit 100 with my Lifeline by the weekend.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Another audio glitch that constantly plays that music when you enter a new area. That sound. On loop. For the whole match. Even when I'm not in a new area.

That's new.

How many different types of audio glitches is this now?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
when someone is jumpmaster, doesn't ping where they are going ... waits... and waits until its almost the end of the map and then relinquishes -___-

yeaaaaaaah ... sooo you didnt take our pings advise and now you dont want jumpmaster? fml
Oh, then we land and you walk the opposite direction ... and continue to do it while we ping were we should go next. nah, just ignore us and go to relay while we go towards bridges, towards the ring.... k. oh you get downed and ping constantly where the enemy is? nah FUCK. YOU.
hate that shit with randoms. TF

This is why some people jump without you in the beginning because of this lame ass shit. What a waste of time. That puts a tick mark for me on, (if they dont ping where they want to launch), im launching solo at countdown, dgaf

oh and if they ping BUT wait until they are about 300m away their desired location -________- .. yeah soooo the loot is gone now. thnx for the drop to squads ready to shoot us like ducks in the sky. i dont understand. grinds my gears lol

I like to try and to stick with my team, but lately this keeps happening over and over now. I think that i'll use my time going hot by myself and getting kills/action instead of that shit.

/rant

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
The sad part is many of us were saying this since before season 1 launched. And then season 1 turned out to be a pretty lame grind for not a lot of interesting loot. Its sad cause they have a special game but they obviously dont have the resources to make it seriously competitive with people's time in the br market.

I didn't agree with people saying this a few weeks ago (because we got new content like the Havoc, BP, and Octane) but as time goes on I'm definitely getting the feeling they're dropping the ball. It almost feels like Apex could end up being a splash in the pan rather than a full blown disruptor on the BR market.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
People here do realise that we have challenges, weapons and a second character coming this season, right?

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
People here do realise that we have challenges, weapons and a second character coming this season, right?

There won't be any challenges. Respawn said that when Season 1 released. There may be challenges in a future Battle Pass, but not in Season 1.

New Weapons? I only know about the L-Star... and that will be only an airdrop weapon... so it's really rare.

A new character is the least they can release. When season 1 is finished we have 1 regular new weapon, 1 rare weapon, 2 new weapons, 0 challenges, 0 changes to the map, possibly 0 exciting new skins or calling cards, communication reduced to a minimum... and all in all a extremely underwhelming Battle Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.