• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I wonder if they'll ever go crazy with fully new models and firing effects for legendary weapons. Like in Quake Champions, you can get a skin for the Nail Gun that turns it into the Doom Plasma Rifle, complete with plasma bolts instead of nails when you shoot. I'd love to see something like an actual longbow/crossbow for the Longbow that fires arrows at the same rate and damage.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
This argument has been bunk for a long time now. Any triple A developer releasing a BR into the BR market is no longer competing with those games from two years ago, theyre competing with those games now. People aren't going to play through the monotony because games from two years ago didn't also keep up with the modern content pipeline.

There literally are two BR modes launched recently from triple A developers (COD and BFV) likely with more budget than Respawn had for Apex. Apex has more hype than both of them and people aren't exactly showering praise on the updates from those other games.

From a business perspective Apex was a bigger risk considering how TF|2 did below expectations so to expect them to have the same amount of resources ramped up to create content as Fortnite is ridiculous. It takes time to hire people and make them productive once they realized the launch success enables them to have a bigger budget.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017

Strafing with Bangalore is awesome.
Love it when everything work as it should be on this game

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There literally are two BR modes launched recently from triple A developers (COD and BFV) likely with more budget than Respawn had for Apex. Apex has more hype than both of them and people aren't exactly showering praise on the updates from those other games.

From a business perspective Apex was a bigger risk considering how TF|2 did below expectations so to expect them to have the same amount of resources ramped up to create content as Fortnite is ridiculous. It takes time to hire people and make them productive once they realized the launch success enables them to have a bigger budget.
Poor examples because neither are outright br exclusive games. Both are first and foremost multiplayer and singleplayer focused franchises that added br modes but neither made that the focus (bf5 didnt even ship with the br at launch). So that's chiefly why they arent getting the same flak, even if their pipeline was poor they have more content to retain play numbers while adding content to their other modes of play. Apex doesnt have that content, its solely a br game. Not to mention cod has regularly been overtaking it on twitch with the release of their new map anyway.

With regards to publishing resources, I dont doubt that those studios had more to work with but the majority of users arent going to care. They released a br game in a br market and certain expectations are going to be about what an acceptable pipeline is. They dont get special treatment because they're respawn and not epic, they're competing with epic regardles and as such the season pass and pipeline they have lined up is unsuitable in sustaining this level of success. Especially with more br games coming out vying for time (as well as games in general). As others have said this is far from the first time respawn has had this problem.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Legit wasn't even the least bit surprised that randoms with these stats wouldn't actually know what they were doing.

gEvw1xp.jpg

I would've played it smart and jumped out further away, we'd loot up decently and most likely do pretty well. But I knew they would've solo dropped so there was no point. Wraith had purple armor, too.

Keep on jumping out the moment it's possible, that's def the way to go.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Legit wasn't even the least bit surprised that randoms with these stats wouldn't actually know what they were doing.

gEvw1xp.jpg

I would've played it smart and jumped out further away, we'd loot up decently and most likely do pretty well. But I knew they would've solo dropped so there was no point. Wraith had purple armor, too.

What do you use to upload here? Xbox dvr doesn't work for me.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did they fuck with the sound in this game? Back to back games people ran right up on me and made 0 noise.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Poor examples because neither are outright br exclusive games. Both are first and foremost multiplayer and singleplayer focused franchises that added br modes but neither made that the focus (bf5 didnt even ship with the br at launch). So that's chiefly why they arent getting the same flak, even if their pipeline was poor they have more content to retain play numbers while adding content to their other modes of play.

COD cut their single player campaign for BLOPS 4. Their multiplayer content strategy post launch has been to promote BR. No one is really praising their non-BR MP either.

Not to mention cod has regularly been overtaking it on twitch with the release of their new map anyway.

You can't compare twitch numbers on launch day of a map with regular numbers for other games. They're paying the top streamers thousands of dollars for sponsored streams (apex did at launch as well) which guarantees 10s or 100s of thousands of additional viewership.

With regards to publishing resources, I dont doubt that those studios had more to work with but the majority of users arent going to care. They released a br game in a br market and certain expectations are going to be about what an acceptable pipeline is. They dont get special treatment because they're respawn and not epic, they're competing with epic regardles and as such the season pass and pipeline they have lined up is unsuitable in sustaining this level of success. Especially with more br games coming out vying for time (as well as games in general). As others have said this is far from the first time respawn has had this problem.

I don't expect the general consumer to care about it but if we're here to give constructive criticism, knowing context and constraints absolutely matters.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm calling it. Skull Town has the worst loot in the game. In terms of building density and actual stuff to pick up, it's terrible. Every time randoms take me there I hit about 5 buildings and get not even a gun.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ok seriously why can I know hear my teammates from anywhere on the map but enemies are now dead silent? My whole squad noticed this after taking a couple weeks off for sekiro. This is blackout all over again. They had the sound PERFECT when this game launched. I don't get it. Maybe its an audio bug? Did they update or patch anything for audio?

COD cut their single player campaign for BLOPS 4. Their multiplayer content strategy post launch has been to promote BR. No one is really praising their non-BR MP either.

You can't compare twitch numbers on launch day of a map with regular numbers for other games. They're paying the top streamers thousands of dollars for sponsored streams (apex did at launch as well) which guarantees 10s or 100s of thousands of additional viewership.

I don't expect the general consumer to care about it but if we're here to give constructive criticism, knowing context and constraints absolutely matters.
No one has been praising cod mp for a long time. That doesn't stop the fact that its still wildly successful and known for its MP, not BR.

And its one thing to pay streamers and another when the most popular streamers who aren't being paid are still playing fornite, pubg, and rainbow six, overwatch, over apex now instead whereas a month ago they all were on apex. People are falling off, rightfully so. Its not a first for this company and their games.

I'm not saying constraints don't matter, but when youre competing in the same space as other games with more resources and better pipelines its just not going to matter. Thats what competition is. If youre trying to get into the fast food business youre competing with mcdonalds regardless of how large the disparity in resources are. Why are people going to choose youre food over an established product thats more capable of keeping up new products? Like it or not thats the environment they chose to enter into when they started working on a BR game. They have the foundation to stay on top. Right now thats not going to last very long if this is the level of commitment and resources we can expect moving forward.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did they fuck with the sound in this game? Back to back games people ran right up on me and made 0 noise.

There's a few of us that have been saying this. And yes, the sound def got worse. Inconsistent. So bad.

Just last night a new glitch happened with music playing during the whole match lol. Annoying.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
No one has been praising cod mp for a long time. That doesn't stop the fact that its still wildly successful and known for its MP, not BR.

COD is successful because of name recognition and sheer momentum. If you're serious about constructive criticism, its sales success is not an excuse for it not being a better game than competitors.

And you were talking about COD on twitch... I checked when I was writing my previous post, there were around 56k total viewers with 40k of them watching shroud and DrDisrespect, both sponsored. Apex had 35k and I think that's what shroud normally streams so it'd have been something like 60k Apex to 16k COD without the sponsors.

I'm not saying constraints don't matter, but when youre competing in the same space as other games with more resources and better pipelines its just not going to matter. Thats what competition is. If youre trying to get into the fast food business youre competing with mcdonalds regardless of how large the disparity in resources are. Why are people going to choose youre food over an established product thats more capable of keeping up new products?

You choose it because the gameplay and fun factor is unique and better.

Your upstart fast food restaurant doesn't start off competing with McDonalds on price and scale - that'd be suicide since they can outprice and outscale you. You compete on other things like freshness or food quality. If you're good at those things and get enough customers and resources, THEN you work on scale and pricing.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's a few of us that have been saying this. And yes, the sound def got worse. Inconsistent. So bad.

Just last night a new glitch happened with music playing during the whole match lol. Annoying.
Ok I'm glad its not just me. i looked online to see if anyone else was saying this but only saw posts about the already known audio bugs. Its fucking awful, I had a gilbraltor AND a lifeline just right on top behind me with no sound what so ever-dead instantly. The next game I had a Octane run past the house I was standing on, climb up on the roof behind me-all ZERO noise. The sound was solid a few weeks ago Idk what happened.

COD is successful because of name recognition and sheer momentum. If you're serious about constructive criticism, its sales success is not an excuse for it not being a better game than competitors.

And you were talking about COD on twitch... I checked when I was writing my previous post, there were around 56k total viewers with 40k of them watching shroud and DrDisrespect, both sponsored. Apex had 35k and I think that's what shroud normally streams so it'd have been something like 60k Apex to 16k COD without the sponsors.

You choose it because the gameplay and fun factor is unique and better.

Your upstart fast food restaurant doesn't start off competing with McDonalds on price and scale - that'd be suicide since they can outprice and outscale you. You compete on other things like freshness or food quality. If you're good at those things and get enough customers and resources, THEN you work on scale and pricing.
Yes it does start out competing with mcdonalds. Anytime you enter into a market you are competing with all entities within that market. Thats just how it works. And the gameplay is great but having the same gameplay with minimal updates isn't going to keep these numbers sticking around long term. They need more than that. If gameplay were the only category that mattered fortnite would have never become the phenomenon its gone on to be considering the only thing that game has over other BR games is its building and content pipeline.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Game over, I've peaked. I'll never top this end to a match!

Final 2 squads and we push. I take one out and the others are weak...

I move in to Bangalores smoke and use a digital threat. But they get me!

I am downed and now over to my squad. They get torn apart and we are all down... but not out...

I have a yellow shield!

I move into the danger zone and hide behind a box. I start the revive and I am praying they dont see me. It worked!

I then use a Phoenix kit but I am still in the danger zone... with an ounce of health left I hear that Phoenix kit ping and I am fully recharged.

I move into the safe zone, take down the final 2 enemies, and secure the win.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Yes it does start out competing with mcdonalds. Anytime you enter into a market you are competing with all entities within that market. Thats just how it works.

Reread what I wrote. It went over your head.

And the gameplay is great but having the same gameplay with minimal updates isn't going to keep these numbers sticking around long term. They need more than that. If gameplay were the only category that mattered fortnite would have never become the phenomenon its gone on to be considering the only thing that game has over other BR games is its building and content pipeline.

No one's saying they don't need more updates in the long term. I'd agree with the complaints if this was where we were 6 months after launch.

Fortnite launched into an environment where PUBG was in the lead. It didn't blow up in the first 3 months because of updates. It was popular because the gameplay was easier to get into for non-hardcore players and was available on more platforms. Updates came later.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my goooood, who the fuck instantly auto-disconnects when they're downed 15 minutes into the game. Better yet, after that fight was over it was just us two and one squad of three people. Three people we likely would've gotten if we had a third player.

I just had both of my teammates disconnect after we wiped the second to last squad. I backed off to heal after almost dying and our wraith (Lvl 93) was downed. Bloodhound fought it out and died while I was using my medkit. Then I ran in and killed the last guy. They were talking shit to me before I even killed the last guy "COME ON BRO" "SERIOUSLY", so I responded with "What were you saying?" and the wraith talks more shit "YALL N****S ARE TRASH", then leaves. Then bloodhound agrees and then leaves. Wtf...

They were both ready to be respawned with a huge circle and one squad left... but these two people decided to be babies because we didn't do GOOD ENOUGH.

I thought that was kinda crazy, somebody quitting 15 minutes in, then it happened to me...

Last edited:

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018

gEvw1xp.jpg

15k kills is like 230 kills per day since launch. Who are these people that can play all day everyday? He has only a few hundred views per video on youtube.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

There is at least once a day when I wonder wtf happened with sounds.
Today it was: I heard octane running, "hmm maybe 20m away behind that wall", his footsteps disappear, suddenly he appears next to me in 2nd floor of the house, he ran because he could not get there fast with walking/crouching.

I think it have something to do with that sound muffling when people are behind something and it makes it sound less/muffled etc and when they are behind somewhere in right angle they are behind like 20 different tiny things so the sound just disappears.
I dunno but its annoying AF when sometimes you can hear people so far away but other times whole squad can run other side of the wall next to you and hear nothing, just see them all run around the corner and start spamming their wingmans.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Today it was: I heard octane running, "hmm maybe 20m away behind that wall", his footsteps disappear, suddenly he appears next to me in 2nd floor of the house, he ran because he could not get there fast with walking/crouching.

I think it have something to do with that sound muffling when people are behind something and it makes it sound less/muffled etc and when they are behind somewhere in right angle they are behind like 20 different tiny things so the sound just disappears.
I dunno but its annoying AF when sometimes you can hear people so far away but other times whole squad can run other side of the wall next to you and hear nothing, just see them all run around the corner and start spamming their wingmans.

It's even worse when the game is on the line. I wouldn't be surprised if the other squad in the top 2 is experiencing it so I'm imagining all 6 players just going "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SOUND?!"

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Right? And I don't recall this always being an issue but I'm getting flashbacks to blackout HARD which is a big reason why it drove me away from that game. Especially because now it feels like they amplified teammate footsteps for whatever reason. Like for the love of god I don't need to hear my teammates, I have a map showing me where they are. Enemy footsteps should be 100% prioritized over teammate footsteps.

Its one thing no BR game will ever take from pubg. Their sound design was pristine. I always knew where people were coming from in that game.

It's even worse when the game is on the line. I wouldn't be surprised if the other squad in the top 2 is experiencing it so I'm imagining all 6 players just going "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SOUND?!"
Dude the first example i posted it was the final two and I was in perfect flank position until octane just appeared behind me from literally nowhere because apparently sprinting onto the roof where I'm standing makes no noise what so ever. Not a great experience to come back to after taking two weeks to play sekiro.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Right? And I don't recall this always being an issue but I'm getting flashbacks to blackout HARD which is a big reason why it drove me away from that game. Especially because now it feels like they amplified teammate footsteps for whatever reason. Like for the love of god I don't need to hear my teammates, I have a map showing me where they are. Enemy footsteps should be 100% prioritized over teammate footsteps.

Its one thing no BR game will ever take from pubg. Their sound design was pristine. I always knew where people were coming from in that game.

Dude the first example i posted it was the final two and I was in perfect flank position until octane just appeared behind me from literally nowhere because apparently sprinting onto the roof where I'm standing makes no noise what so ever. Not a great experience to come back to after taking two weeks to play sekiro.

Bro same. I took a week and a half off to beat Sekiro and came back and thought....what is this audio rn????

Lol. Might go back to finish my NG+ unless the patch comes out soon addressing this

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
wanted to have some fun on my last game. found two prowlers and two select fires in the same location. oh boy i want to do that again hahaha. by the 5th team jumping us we just couldnt keep up and died T_T.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
At this point I'm just shooting for that level 51 Prowler skin, and I doubt I'll even hit that with the limited gaming time I have.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

The difference is that Blackout has shitty sound mixing ESPECIALLY in regards to enemy footsteps and location of enemies when they're on you. There's no way to tell if it's your team mates footsteps or an enemy. According to alot of people playing the new Alcatraz map is that it just sounds like a million footsteps everywhere which gets insanely confusing. Apex is actually very good in this area 99% of the time. If you didn't hear an Octane's sprint sound cue (which is super noticeable from far away) and also his footsteps on the roof then that's definitely a bug.

I'd be curious if you and a few others on here having random sound issues are playing on the same servers which are somehow bugged or something. How many times has it happened to you since you've returned to playing? 1 out of 10 games? 10 out of 10? I literally have never once had any issues with the sound in the game. I'm on X1 and I'm pretty sure I'm playing on the NY server but I can check. And I'm not saying these bugs doesn't exist here btw. I don't want to get into all that again with anyone. I just think the actual overall sound design / mix in Apex is very good compared to other games. Bugs not included in that obviously.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Could barely land any of my wingman shots last night and only snagged 2 dubs during the sesh. Sad. Maybe I won't get 100 on Lifeline by Sunday lol.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold

Pick up one month of Xbox Live Gold for 1 dollar (works for new users and on-going subs as well), get 1000 Apex coins for free. Seems to be working internationally.

Rules state you will get a code for the 1000 points in the form of a message over Xbox Live. This should mean the code is not account-bound, so you could in theory hoard codes if you have spare profiles to sub. 1 dollar/Euro is a lot cheaper than 1000 coins in the game, and that's not counting the Gold aspect obviously.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Saw as as three months only.
But could not get it either since my subscription from Brazil. Got it cheap and used VPN to redeem it last year :p
ah i know why i cant see it now lol

1 Month Gold for $1: Promotional discounts not available in Quebec or Russia. Limit: 1 offer per account. $1 introductory offer not valid for existing subscribers. After first month, Xbox Live Gold subscription continues to be charged at the then-current regular monthly price (subject to change), unless cancelled. Plus applicable taxes. Bonus Apex Legends coins only available for a limited time from 4/11/2019 9:00 PM PDT through 5/12/2019 11:59 PDT. To redeem, a digital code for 1000 Apex Legends coins will be sent to your Xbox Message Center on your Xbox One console by 6/30/2019.

T____T. do i gift this to myself so i can get those coins!!! !? lol jk

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
basically they are all hands on deck with the starwars game. understandable.

I think it's also that game development is waaaaaay harder than most of us know and adding X thing to any game can literally break it. They were testing Octane with Shroud well before he got released. I've thought about getting into game development over the years but then I think about how insane it probably is and I'm happy to just enjoy it as my hobby and get to play a title in it's finished state.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like their team is stretched too thin at the moment.

But what does he expect the player base to do? Wait 6 or 8 months for their team to finally have the people to pump out frequent quality content?

Status
Not open for further replies.