• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
This full squad was shooting at us from top of the Airbase while we were fighting other squads, far away. They were lucky enough to be inside the next circle. Instead of going head on, we both picked up Longbows and went all the way around to where I am in the beginning of this video. We were at the bottom of the larger circle beforehand. Yet another reminder how there's multiple ways to approach fights and how important positioning is. They had the high ground plus the circle was in their favor, but we played it smart.

https://streamable.com/x9kb1

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Idk. I was under the impression that they were releasing 2 guns and 2 characters per season. At least that's what I thought the road map said.
No one knows what they were doing. Pros said they were playing the new character before Octane was even out. The last update that temporarily hid everyones cosmetics, people were opening apex packs and were getting skins for a weapon not in the game yet. What their doing or where anything is, who knows.

I just want fixes to the game, nothing else. I absolutely adore the game but when I cant play with randoms because there's a 50/50 shot that they died because they simply didn't hear the enemy coming because of the bugged audio, it really bums me out.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
This full squad was shooting at us from top of the Airbase while we were fighting other squads, far away. They were lucky enough to be inside the next circle. Instead of going head on, we both picked up Longbows and went all the way around to where I am in the beginning of this video. We were at the bottom of the larger circle beforehand. Yet another reminder how there's multiple ways to approach fights and how important positioning is. They had the high ground plus the circle was in their favor, but we played it smart.

Holy shit, thats some fine shooting without a sniper scope no less!

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019

Damn son! Hats off to you!

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I'll add more wraith's unlimited portals glitch, disappearing healing wheel where it shows no items. There is also a glitch where lifeline can glitch out the healing drone and move freely as it heals her. Terrible server performance at the start of matches.

You know, now that I think on it, the bad server performance hasn't happened to me for weeks now

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
I've only had a couple slomo games in the last week, but a fun new (to me) thing has been happening: for the first couple minutes of a match containers will appear to be empty for 5-10 seconds after being opened then items will suddenly appear (the invisible items can be blindly grabbed).

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn. Scored a gold 301 early in a game start and wrecked one fool only to have shite teammates completely run off and let me die. A man could cry over a video game I tell ya.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got paired up with the worst lagger ever. Dude was vanishing with every other shot like nightcrawler. Managed to kill me.

Goddamn lag helping this kid with over 100 ping.

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
FA91Du3.jpg

Cool servers. The match was actually around four minutes long, but it was constantly rolling back every five seconds.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017

dangerous, wow

Grady Durden

Oct 27, 2017

Great job!

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I ended a very short round with one kill and ... 0 damage.

I think my teammate downed him and disconnected. I saw the downed guy and killed him and got the credit. Funny.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I got back into fn lately and the fact it's always changing is why I was hooked for so long.

After being burnt out on Fortnite just before Apex it was a welcome change. Have already put hundreds of hours into Apex I am also not getting burnt out with so little changes to switch things up. I'll be leaving Apex until season 2 where they better REALLY bring their A game with an amazing battle pass that's isn't so grindy and has loot worth a shit. I also won't ever buy a skin until they lower their pricing. I was able to go from battle pass level 40 to 57 in a few hours in Fortnite.

I mean it's been 3 weeks since the buff to Gibraltar and Caustic..... except it's still bugged! Pathetic.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Hit 1005 kills for the season with Pathfinder yesterday. Part of me wanted to take a break from Path once I hit 1000 kills and try someone new but I keep forgetting that no one does what he does in terms of mobility in this game. I just don't know if I can live without the grapple and zip lines.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
So it's another week without any single update whatsoever? Lovely stuff.

IMHO, they need to drop a new map in the game to give folks more variety. It'll also help get back some of the others who left the game who were bored. I could see Apex doing a PUBG and having a bunch of maps to rotate between. I just don't think augmenting this current map will really do much, honestly. The rumored completed Thunderdome? Not sure how much that'll really impact things...

I was a big defender of Respawn a few weeks ago. Maybe they blew their wad too fast by releasing the Havoc, Octane and the BP so close together? I don't know. But right now the game needs something added to it and in another 4 weeks if there isn't anything new we're going to see this thing drop fast.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Hit 1005 kills for the season with Pathfinder yesterday. Part of me wanted to take a break from Path once I hit 1000 kills and try someone new but I keep forgetting that no one does what he does in terms of mobility in this game. I just don't know if I can live without the grapple and zip lines.
I also just hit over 1000 S1 kills with Pathfinder. 65 wins too.

Played Gibraltar for a couple weeks and made it to 450 kills, 25 wins. When I came back to PF, I was actually amazed at how much easier it was to avoid getting shot. Almost forgot how huge Gib was. Deadliest Ult in the game, though.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I also just hit over 1000 S1 kills with Pathfinder. 65 wins too.

Played Gibraltar for a couple weeks and made it to 450 kills, 25 wins. When I came back to PF, I was actually amazed at how much easier it was to avoid getting shot. Almost forgot how huge Gib was. Deadliest Ult in the game, though.

His ult is really fucking great. I have one dude in my squad who used to run Bangalore and now only runs Gib and we've won so many fights with his ult.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
I get this same type of crash every time:

Game chugs a bit at the beginning of the match
Then it chugs bit more about 3-4 minutes later
Then my game crashes

This is with a PS4 Pro and my game sounds like a jet engine every time I run it.

Any way to fix or do I need to "clean the heat sink"/take it apart whatever. I already tried cleaning just the fan

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Just got paired up with the worst lagger ever. Dude was vanishing with every other shot like nightcrawler. Managed to kill me.

Goddamn lag helping this kid with over 100 ping.

Yeah some people play like that all the time.

It's a huge advantage in Apex. They take damage in the same way as any other player, but you can't track them because they teleport between positions.

I was killed by a TTV guy with 9000+ kills who was like that, the other day. Just teleporting infront of me with a Peacekeeper. He was peeking a doorway at me but instead of actually moving, he's just teleport, fire a shot, then teleport back. Felt impossible to deal with.

Any other game, and the player lagging would be penalised.

I get this same type of crash every time:

Game chugs a bit at the beginning of the match
Then it chugs bit more about 3-4 minutes later
Then my game crashes

This is with a PS4 Pro and my game sounds like a jet engine every time I run it.

Any way to fix or do I need to "clean the heat sink"/take it apart whatever. I already tried cleaning just the fan

I still have lots of crashes on my PS4 Pro, but I don't think it's a heating issue. I think it's the game. Other games don't crash.

Make sure you don't have 'boost mode' enabled, as that causes more crashes in Apex.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
IMHO, they need to drop a new map in the game to give folks more variety. It'll also help get back some of the others who left the game who were bored. I could see Apex doing a PUBG and having a bunch of maps to rotate between. I just don't think augmenting this current map will really do much, honestly. The rumored completed Thunderdome? Not sure how much that'll really impact things...

I was a big defender of Respawn a few weeks ago. Maybe they blew their wad too fast by releasing the Havoc, Octane and the BP so close together? I don't know. But right now the game needs something added to it and in another 4 weeks if there isn't anything new we're going to see this thing drop fast.

Respawn's update pace is fairly standard for a normal GaaS title. The problem is Epic's scorched-earth strategy of constant updates deliberately designed to poison the well and make other studios look slow by comparison.

Rainbow Six Siege only gets notable updates, like, every three months, and we (mostly) don't complain about updates being "slow".

Right now Apex has a much more important leg up that I'd say negates the need for Sweeney's Eternal Crunch-Time Weekly Update stratagem: Being the only BR with anything resembling good gameplay whatsoever. I'll take solid gameplay over Fortnite's constant mediocre weekly updates that make Changes for the Sake of Changes any day.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
If you're putting your PS4 in sleep mode then make sure you restart Apex when you turn the console back on. Fixed the crashes for me.

I usually just power it off entirely. But perhaps it's because my play sessions are quite long. If I have a day off work i'll often play for 8 hours or so.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Respawn's update pace is fairly standard for a normal GaaS title. The problem is Epic's scorched-earth strategy of constant updates deliberately designed to poison the well and make other studios look slow by comparison.

Rainbow Six Siege only gets notable updates, like, every three months, and we (mostly) don't complain about updates being "slow".

Right now Apex has a much more important leg up that I'd say negates the need for Sweeney's Eternal Crunch-Time Weekly Update stratagem: Being the only BR with anything resembling good gameplay whatsoever. I'll take solid gameplay over Fortnite's constant mediocre weekly updates that make Changes for the Sake of Changes any day.
Fortnite's given people some wack expectations and it's getting tiring to see the discourse constantly be about people acting like addicts only talking about needing an update, why isn't there an update yet, radio silence on some update. Like, damn, we got a countdown on the current season. Quit scratching and acting twitchy about it and come back in a month, Jesus. Fortnite's update model is one of the things that's drawn me away from the game over time. As impressive as it is how rapidly changing the landscape and mechanics are, there's also nothing about the game that really stays constant enough for me to get comfortable with it. My favourite drop spots disappear, weapons are constantly going in and out of rotation, one gimmick thing after another to get ditched... the game is entirely based around its ever changing identity among an increasingly low attention span audience.

I guess what I'm saying is I'd be interested to see where they're going with Apex's updates when they do hit, but I'd prefer them to be additive to the whole instead of a juggling act of things being constantly swapped around.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite's given people some wack expectations and it's getting tiring to see the discourse constantly be about people acting like addicts only talking about needing an update, why isn't there an update yet, radio silence on some update.

That's a Feature, not a Bug.

Like 12%, it's unsustainable Scorched Earth more designed to harm the competition than improve their own product.

No amount of constant updating is going to fix Fortnite's mediocre gameplay. They're not doing anything to actually improve the damned game, just constantly putting updates out to maintain an image that they're so much more proactive in updating than everyone else.

Also another important thing to note is that Fortnite is using a little loophole by perpetually being in "Early Access" - They're able to completely bypass the otherwise mandatory QA processes on consoles that other studios (For example, Respawn) have to go through which limits the pace of their updates.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
No update here. My mate got an update on PC yesterday
I fired up both my Xbox and PS4 and there was no update on both
Even right now I didn't get an update

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Updating right now, I played 3 or 4 hours ago. 1.08, pretty light, something like 150/200mo.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I also won't ever buy a skin until they lower their pricing
18 dollars for a single skin is off the wall bonkers; I might consider it if it was even half of that, but as it stands, I'll never dump money into that.

I really like that Bot of Gold skin for Pathfinder and have the Legend Tokens to buy it, but of course it has to be behind a paywall.

Status
Not open for further replies.