• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
No problem here, PS4/France, played a couple of hours and nothing was different. Maybe some weird loot zone with like 4/5 Prowlers or Turbochargers.

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like they accidentally sent out an outdated patch. If you select Lifeline it conflicts with the database and the game crashes. Think this is only on PS4.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Not managed a single game that hasn't been utter shit tonight.

Every match has had one of:

- obvious aim botter
- disconnecting team mates
- team mates who never connected in the first place
- skull town drop by a clueless jump master who gets us there last
- land somewhere and check 4 unlooted buildings but no gun or armour

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
KNOWN ISSUE: PS4 Update Causing Crashing

Hey all,

We are aware of the crashing reports on PS4 since downloading the update today. For some context, this patch was only meant to update the PS+ skin rewards in the Playstation Store, no changes were made to the game and this was pushed on Playstation 4 only.

We'll provide updates here as we investigate what's causing the issue.

Yep we are aware of that and audio team is on it. We'll be talking more about what they'll be addressing next week.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
No crashes on PS4 but at least four times, my screen went solid blue for a second.

Also, I can barely believe that there are still 40 days left in the season battle pass. Respawn did not think this one through.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Also haven't had any crashes. Just in case, I'm staying away from Lifeline for now. Since I realized I won't be getting that Pathfinder skin in the store, I ended up buying Caustic with my accumulated Legend Tokens after 70+ levels of ignoring him. Haven't tried him out yet, but maybe he'll be fun.

Milky Way

Oct 29, 2017
So let me get this straight. They come back and promise better communication, stress the importance of slow released updates so they can make sure the patches are tested properly and have no bugs, yet today they released a patch that 1. Broke the game on PS4 and 2. Didn't fix or really add anything to the game? 😳

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
So let me get this straight. They come back and promise better communication, stress the importance of slow released updates so they can make sure the patches are tested properly and have no bugs, yet today they released a patch that 1. Broke the game on PS4 and 2. Didn't fix or really add anything to the game? 😳

Could have added something that's unlocked with an upcoming update? Not unheard of for online games to add future content early. I have no idea what the file size was though.

Been playing on PS4 most of night, so it's far from broken.

I'm not saying something isn't wrong with the patch but nobody I partied with mentioned issues and no match seemed to end early due to dropped players. Looks like the acknowledge something may be happening so it's not silence from them.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Fortnite's given people some wack expectations and it's getting tiring to see the discourse constantly be about people acting like addicts only talking about needing an update, why isn't there an update yet, radio silence on some update. Like, damn, we got a countdown on the current season. Quit scratching and acting twitchy about it and come back in a month, Jesus. Fortnite's update model is one of the things that's drawn me away from the game over time. As impressive as it is how rapidly changing the landscape and mechanics are, there's also nothing about the game that really stays constant enough for me to get comfortable with it. My favourite drop spots disappear, weapons are constantly going in and out of rotation, one gimmick thing after another to get ditched... the game is entirely based around its ever changing identity among an increasingly low attention span audience.

I guess what I'm saying is I'd be interested to see where they're going with Apex's updates when they do hit, but I'd prefer them to be additive to the whole instead of a juggling act of things being constantly swapped around.

I agree and I don't play Fortnite myself. Rather than comparing Apex's update speed to Fortnite, I think a more fair comparison should be with Treyarch and Blackout. In the last 6 months they've added a steady drip feed of new modes, guns, operators, rewards, and a new close quarters map. They've also been doing big QOL changes like "Hold X" to swap all attachments off one gun to the next and did things like making looting a death stash easier.

We're 3 months into Apex's lifespan, which is hardly anything in the grand scheme of things, but they are pretty far behind what Treyarch was doing at this point of the game and I remember distinctly people complaining on the Black Ops OT about their speed of updating.

TL; DR - I definitely don't want Respawn / Apex going the Epic route but I think they need to look at Treyarch's update approach to Blackout.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I agree and I don't play Fortnite myself. Rather than comparing Apex's update speed to Fortnite, I think a more fair comparison should be with Treyarch and Blackout. In the last 6 months they've added a steady drip feed of new modes, guns, operators, rewards, and a new close quarters map. They've also been doing big QOL changes like "Hold X" to swap all attachments off one gun to the next and did things like making looting a death stash easier.

We're 3 months into Apex's lifespan, which is hardly anything in the grand scheme of things, but they are pretty far behind what Treyarch was doing at this point of the game and I remember distinctly people complaining on the Black Ops OT about their speed of updating.

TL; DR - I definitely don't want Respawn / Apex going the Epic route but I think they need to look at Treyarch's update approach to Blackout.
I wouldn't mind going back to Blackout from time to time either, but it is so deserted on PC. :( Maybe the Humble Monthly changed that.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't mind going back to Blackout from time to time either, but it is so deserted on PC. :( Maybe the Humble Monthly changed that.

It's alive and well on the X1. I actually tried to convert alot of my Blackout friends over to Apex and they just weren't having it.

My biggest problem with Blackout is something I didn't realize was a problem when I was playing it -- I cannot stand spectating my team for 15 minutes if I die early in the game. They solved the issue with Down But Not Out and Hot Pursuit but when those modes aren't in rotation I just can't stomach playing the game. In Apex it's really one of two outcomes in a fight...You either get full killed and the whole team gets killed shortly after OR one of your guys manages to grab your banners and respawn the team. Either outcome is fast and you're not sitting spectating the whole match.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Here's the video of my 21 kills match from last week. I edited out the less interesting parts, so it should be a fun watch the whole way through.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
My PS4 is dying so thought I'd give Apex a go on PC but with my pad as my WASD skills are dead in the water.

I know the first 20 levels it puts you in the Baby New Player pool now I think, but when my team ditched me early on after their dumb deaths, I went on to win a solo Pathfinder match and hooted out loud. Checked my Shadowplay settings after the fact and nope, nothing recorded, so this is all that remains of my feat:
fzytLlA.jpg

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
My PS4 is dying so thought I'd give Apex a go on PC but with my pad as my WASD skills are dead in the water.

I know the first 20 levels it puts you in the Baby New Player pool now I think, but when my team ditched me early on after their dumb deaths, I went on to win a solo Pathfinder match and hooted out loud. Checked my Shadowplay settings after the fact and nope, nothing recorded, so this is all that remains of my feat:
fzytLlA.jpg

Well done! FYI, there's no "baby pool", there's a full-party queue and an "everyone else" queue. You were playing against the "everybody else queue".

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Not played in a week and went in for a few games today.

Wingman's.....wingman's everywhere! I'm finding at least 3 in every area. Theyre now more common than Mozambiques.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like every time I'm competing with someone to pick up a gun, I always lose. And if it's an enemy, he gets a Peacekeeper and one shots me.

hiro_orisis

Alt account
Banned
May 7, 2019
apex-featured-image-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.1200w.jpg

Genre: Hero based Battle Royale
Download Size: 31.66 GB (Xbox One), 23.01 GB (PS4), 22 GB (PC)
Developer: Respawn Entertainment
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Release Date: February 4th, 2019
Price: Free-to-Play* (*cosmetic items acquired through in-game or paid currency, new Legends acquired through in-game or paid currency, cosmetic loot boxes acquired through in-game or paid currency, $10 Battle Pass)

- WHAT IS IT? -
Apex Legends is a free-to-play* Battle Royale shooter where legendary characters with powerful abilities team up to battle for fame & fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. Master an ever-growing roster of diverse Legends, deep tactical squad play and bold new innovations that level up the Battle Royale experience—all within a rugged world where anything goes. Welcome to the next evolution of Battle Royale.

- WHAT IS IT IN NON-PR SPEAK? -
Apex Legends is a squad based Battle Royale FPS developed by Respawn Entertainment. Set in the Titanfall universe, you and two other teammates work to be the last squad standing while utilizing character abilities that do not include Titans or wall-running.

- LEGENDS -
apex-legends-shooter-free-to-play-respawn-entertainment-titanfall-re3.jpg

- MAP -
apex-legends-full-map.jpg

- FAQ FROM RESPAWN -

- JIGGLE'S CUSTOM FAQ -

- TRAILERS -

- RESETERA APEX LEGENDS DISCORD -

JIGGLE'S NOTE: To join the Discord server, reply to Nicole's post and then refresh the page. The link for the server will then be visible and you will be able to join. If you continue to have any problems, Nicole has generously offered to help via DMs. Don't forget to thank her for setting up the server!

- RESETERA APEX LEGENDS CONSOLE CLUBS -
Xbox Club: ApexEra
PlayStation Club: ApexEra

- PREVIOUS OT -
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ap...l-me-youre-better-i-kill-you-im-better.97749/

OT title suggested by the_korben, show him some love for such a great pick!

replying for discord info.

Tired of playing with randos!

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
What were you doing this whole time xD?
Don't tell me one of those matches you search for enemies but none to be found
Haha pretty much yeah we dropped at Lake Slum then just followed the path to the circle which ended at Artillery. We were focused on looting and we didn't even hear anybody else until the end !

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
amazing, but for me personally, those are the most boring games with no action.
yo, you were still focused on looting 19 mins in the game? i cant play like that. i cant make this into a loot simulator. In first 2 minutes, if no team is near us, i focus on loot then search for people because they have all the loot i need in their pretty deathboxes.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
amazing, but for me personally, those are the most boring games with no action.
yo, you were still focused on looting 19 mins in the game? i cant play like that. i cant make this into a loot simulator. In first 2 minutes, if no team is near us, i focus on loot then search for people because they have all the loot i need in their pretty deathboxes.

Yeah.

Whenever someone pings some really far out, middle of nowhere location I'm thinking 'Yo, do we wanna' play Minecraft or Apex Legends?', because if you just want to run around, loot and explore there's better games that facilitate that experience.

I'm not a fan of Respawn's games for the environmental design or loot experience. I'm 100% here for the gunplay and the loot is only a means to an end.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
If it was a fast game (half the teams out during Round 1) then it's possible they didn't run into anyone the whole time.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Here's the video of my 21 kills match from last week. I edited out the less interesting parts, so it should be a fun watch the whole way through.

This is nice, but it is a shame you had to boost it with your team mate. I know you mentioned that before, but you can really tell that your team mate stops shooting enemies he would have killed in the video.

It feels super difficult to get organically, at least for me. I'm rarely in a scenario where I have enough early game kills to think it might be possible. Dropping skull town makes sense, but you dropped cascades, which isn't a hugely popular zone (or a good drop zone imo).

When I'm playing with friends I'll often get several 10-16 kill, 2k damage games in a row, but never up near 20. We managed one 30+ squad kills in one of our matches yesterday, which is mad, shame there's no achievements for group kills also. I'd like to see badges for 20, 25, 30 squad kills.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe there should be multiple dropships. I do agree that the people droppping away from everything makes the game pretty boring. On the other hand 10 teams dropping the same place is an issue too. 3 drop ships from 3 different directions would probably solve it.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Got into a match, and somebody beefed with me and the other teammate for some reason(?), quitting before we even hit the ground. We then went on to win that game on our own without too much trouble.

That's always fun.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe there should be multiple dropships. I do agree that the people droppping away from everything makes the game pretty boring. On the other hand 10 teams dropping the same place is an issue too. 3 drop ships from 3 different directions would probably solve it.

I think the fact that so many people drop skulldown demonstrates that people want those experiences that come from 10 teams dropping in the same place. Making an effort to disperse drops more sporadically across the map would only make things both slower paced and more random (hard to predict enemy team movements based on the initial drop).

I like that the drop and player behaviour is predictable, because it means I can predict their movements and future routes. For instance I'll often guess where a team will move based on where they dropped. "One team dropped at thunderdome, if we fight at market we'll get third partied from skulltown", based on that information, I'll position myself so the enemy team gets third partied, not mine.

Strategy like that becomes far more difficult with 3 ships, because I can't keep track of who's on each ship and where they're dropping.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the fact that so many people drop skulldown demonstrates that people want those experiences that come from 10 teams dropping in the same place. Making an effort to disperse drops more sporadically across the map would only make things both slower paced and more random (hard to predict enemy team movements based on the initial drop).

I like that the drop and player behaviour is predictable, because it means I can predict their movements and future routes. For instance I'll often guess where a team will move based on where they dropped. "One team dropped at thunderdome, if we fight at market we'll get third partied from skulltown", based on that information, I'll position myself so the enemy team gets third partied, not mine.

Strategy like that becomes far more difficult with 3 ships, because I can't keep track of who's on each ship and where they're dropping.
I can see that. I'd just like to see a bit more even spread across the map. Specifically to avoid those matches where there's 1. 10 teams left after 1 minute and 2. we land in the swamp and don't meet anyone for 15 minutes. Would like to see a small map though, that emphasize closer quarter combat and more encounters.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
This is nice, but it is a shame you had to boost it with your team mate. I know you mentioned that before, but you can really tell that your team mate stops shooting enemies he would have killed in the video.

It feels super difficult to get organically, at least for me. I'm rarely in a scenario where I have enough early game kills to think it might be possible. Dropping skull town makes sense, but you dropped cascades, which isn't a hugely popular zone (or a good drop zone imo).

When I'm playing with friends I'll often get several 10-16 kill, 2k damage games in a row, but never up near 20. We managed one 30+ squad kills in one of our matches yesterday, which is mad, shame there's no achievements for group kills also. I'd like to see badges for 20, 25, 30 squad kills.

Eh, I don't know if that's really boosting. While he did refrain from killing a couple at the end, there's two that I did more then half damage to that he finished off in the first half, so it kinda evens out. The most tense fight was when I rushed the whole third to last team in the zone where he wasn't there to back me up at all. You can also see that as soon as I drop from the ship, there's 55 players left, wasn't even a full lobby...

I've seen streamers talk about going for high kills by killing two members of a squad and running away, letting the last one pick up their banners. When they revive the other two, the player can grind kills by killing them when they respawn, and possibly repeat this a couple times. Now that is what I'd call boosting.

Also, I hate dropping at Skull town, as it comes down to luck if you're gonna be fighting five squads there with a Mozambique or a Peacekeeper. And the sound almost always stops working there on PS4, it's just not fun for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.