• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people who drop skulltown should be matchmade into their own servers and kept away from everyone else

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
people who drop skulltown should be matchmade into their own servers and kept away from everyone else

Skulltown can be fun though, but it's a huge gamble. I know when I drop there, I have a chance of getting alive out of it 1 times out of 10. But it is also a good place to level up skills, and if matched with friends, it can be absolutely hilarious. I used to hate it when I started the game, cause it meant a certain death upon arrival. Now I enjoy the challenge of trying to get out of it alive, no matter how slim the chances are sometimes.
I'd go crazy if I were to drop there all the damn time though, I definitely need more variety.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
19 kills with Pathfinder, I ask the random to let me get 20 and he steals the last kill anyway. "Good job", he said at the end. I'm livid, honestly.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Right now I'm the guy that solo drops in Skulltown to chase kills, that last random broke me. :)

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I just watched Shroud's squad get destroyed by another champion squad whose Wraith had like 10,000 kills and another guy had like 7,000 (which isn't even that much these days). I purposely watched the whole match to see how Shrouds team would deal with them. Its pretty crazy to see how good players deal with Shroud. Even though he got in a lot of good shots, this Wraith just knew how to out maneuver him and she was super aggressive with the R99.

fivestarman

Oct 28, 2017
I just watched Shroud's squad get destroyed by another champion squad whose Wraith had like 10,000 kills and another guy had like 7,000 (which isn't even that much these days). I purposely watched the whole match to see how Shrouds team would deal with them. Its pretty crazy to see how good players deal with Shroud. Even though he got in a lot of good shots, this Wraith just knew how to out maneuver him and she was super aggressive with the R99.

You got a clip of it?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Deathbox as in able to be picked up and rez'd, or deathbox as in totally out of the match but still spectating?

Not 100% sure. I only know the former case. Where I've been carrying around a team mates banner until the end of the game, won, and he actually got 1 second more of survival time XP.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that one. That Wraith actually had 11,100 kills.

In general I think this is a problem with a game with no sbmm.

For a player like shroud, you just get used to stomping everyone without issue. Then a decent player will catch you off guard.

To a lesser extent, I have the same experience with my friends on PS4.

Most teams, we'll run through them without much issue, and it's easy to get into the habit of assuming you can keep doing that. Then you see some guys in the distance, think you'll just nip over there quickly and run through them, and before you know it, they're punishing you for your aggressiveness and poor positioning, and you're dead.

The skill range is so varied that it catches you off guard.

Last edited:

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
I hope Respawn can competently develop this game eventually. Just played Bloodhound for a couple hours to complete the weekly legend bonus, but had to switch over to Mirage when a someone else grabbed him. After the match I checked the bonus screen and bloodhound had reset back to 200k from ~221k. Cool.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
I swear, every time I'm certain I've experienced every possible interaction with randoms, they still manage to surprise the hell out of me. Earlier today had one of those generic 1000+ kills Wraith mains get knocked but not finished in a fight. We clear the squads around and after we do, they disconnect. This was late game and we went on to win.

But this one. This one takes the cake.

https://streamable.com/bb9ze
https://streamable.com/mn1bw
Did you record his gameplay or something? The idiot kept zooming in the map in and out for some reason.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Hey Respawn, whatever happened to those additional BP events?

I get that content takes time, but how hard is it to switch on an XP bonus every other week for a couple days?

Especially when you already said you were going to.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4OVj3yG.gif

also lol

h5dcxJtl.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Until the 27th of May, you can pick 3+3 months of Xbox Live Gold on Amazon.it for 19,99 Euros (that's about 33% cheaper than buying 6 months at RRP). Why I'm posting said deal here is that you also get 1000 Apex Coins for your purchase. This means that you can effectively get a year of Xbox Live for 40 Euros and get 2000 Apex Coins in the process too.

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017

I love how that post got absolutely destroyed in the comments.

I hope Respawn can competently develop this game eventually. Just played Bloodhound for a couple hours to complete the weekly legend bonus, but had to switch over to Mirage when a someone else grabbed him. After the match I checked the bonus screen and bloodhound had reset back to 200k from ~221k. Cool.
That's actually an improvement for you since you get more bonus points.

Oct 28, 2017
Until the 27th of May, you can pick 3+3 months of Xbox Live Gold on Amazon.it for 19,99 Euros (that's about 33% cheaper than buying 6 months at RRP). Why I'm posting said deal here is that you also get 1000 Apex Coins for your purchase. This means that you can effectively get a year of Xbox Live for 40 Euros and get 2000 Apex Coins in the process too.

got 1 year.

thanks for the advice

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
In general I think this is a problem with a game with no sbmm.

For a player like shroud, you just get used to stomping everyone without issue. Then a decent player will catch you off guard.

To a lesser extent, I have the same experience with my friends on PS4.

Most teams, we'll run through them without much issue, and it's easy to get into the habit of assuming you can keep doing that. Then you see some guys in the distance, think you'll just nip over there quickly and run through them, and before you know it, they're punishing you for your aggressiveness and poor positioning, and you're dead.

The skill range is so varied that it catches you off guard.

I don't know how I feel about them implementing SBMM into Apex. It could kill the fast search times in games. I definitely think there should be a ranked playlist though and I read somewhere they were working on it. Shroud only plays Apex with two other guys who are also really amazing at the game and I'd like to see how well he fares playing with two randoms or playing with his squad but in ranked.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Eh, if you have to ask your teammate to allow you to have the last kill then you wouldn't have really earned it. Better this way.

That's kinda BS though, most people having that badge had teammates to help them get the kills needed for it, and that's alright and valid and doesn't diminsh their success at all.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
For 20 kills in a match, it's either you get some help from your teammate(s) or you're the player that solo drops far away from them, ruining their match in the process, so that you don't have to compete with them for the kills.

The chance of you all playing the game slowly as a team, competing for kills by shooting at the same people and seeing enough of them so that one of you gets 20 kills is extremely minuscule. If getting any sort of help "doesn't count", I'd sure like to see your match where you got 20 kills.

Honestly, it's a badge that promotes being self centered and ruining the match for the rest of your team, because that's why all those Wraiths solo drop. As I've found out, you won't get 20 by sticking with a team that won't cooperate. It should've been "Get 10/20/30 squad kills in a match" instead.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
For 20 kills in a match, it's either you get some help from your teammate(s) or you're the player that solo drops far away from them, ruining their match in the process, so that you don't have to compete with them for the kills.

The chance of you all playing the game slowly as a team, competing for kills by shooting at the same people and seeing enough of them so that one of you gets 20 kills is extremely minuscule. If getting any sort of help "doesn't count", I'd sure like to see your match where you got 20 kills.

Honestly, it's a badge that promotes being self centered and ruining the match for the rest of your team, because that's why all those Wraiths solo drop. As I've found out, you won't get 20 by sticking with a team that won't cooperate. It should've been "Get 10/20/30 squad kills in a match" instead.

Yes to all of that. And particularly agreeing with the last part, I feel like a kill team badge would have been way more appropriate and interesting, promoting teamplay over soloplay. I mean getting 20 kills in a game is a nice achievement, but like you said, it's seldom done without help (if done right).

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yes to all of that. And particularly agreeing with the last part, I feel like a kill team badge would have been way more appropriate and interesting, promoting teamplay over soloplay. I mean getting 20 kills in a game is a nice achievement, but like you said, it's seldom done without help (if done right).

They should do a "Kill 20 Total Enemies As A Team" Badge and tie it an Apex pack or something as a reward.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
They should do a "Kill 20 Total Enemies As A Team" Badge and tie it an Apex pack or something as a reward.

Which reminds me of something I was disappointed about while playing Apex, is that you never know how many kills total your squad makes. I feel like it should be displayed somewhere in the UI? But it's not, I always have to ask my mates how many kills they have, and add that number to mine, to know how efficient we've been in a game, while playing it.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Which reminds me of something I was disappointed about while playing Apex, is that you never know how many kills total your squad makes. I feel like it should be displayed somewhere in the UI? But it's not, I always have to ask my mates how many kills they have, and add that number to mine, to know how efficient we've been in a game, while playing it.

Yeah. They launched the game without the ability to squad up after a match with randoms so I'm thinking this is something they'll eventually add.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how I feel about them implementing SBMM into Apex. It could kill the fast search times in games. I definitely think there should be a ranked playlist though and I read somewhere they were working on it. Shroud only plays Apex with two other guys who are also really amazing at the game and I'd like to see how well he fares playing with two randoms or playing with his squad but in ranked.

I'm not suggesting they should do it. I was just saying, in the defense of good players that get rolled sometimes, the game isn't exactly a regulated competitive environment. Thats okay, but it explains what happens when good teams get rolled by randoms sometimes.

In the video Shroud was saying 'these guys are decent'. It's like, bro, you were poorly positioned and she one clipped you with an R99. You're caustic, that doesn't mean they're decent, he was just playing especially badly in that instance, likely because he underestimated his opponents and ultimately, doesn't need to play especially well, to do well at Apex Legends.

I like that, that means that anyone can kill anyone, that the game isn't too sweaty. If it got sweaty it'd just add frustration to other areas of the game, such as the randomised mechanics. If I was playing equally skilled opponents, then my weapon and armour not being equal to them would matter all that much more, but because they aren't equally skilled, I know I can go in with white armour and a flatline and have a chance against someone with purple and an R99.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
If someone with purple armor and an R-99 loses to a Flatline and white armor, they are beyond terrible. R-99 is pretty much the best weapon in the game while Flatline is among the worst.

The huge disparity between weapons is what makes hot dropping so random, as it's mostly just luck based. Like, I have an early game clip of killing someone who had both a Wingman and a Peacekeeper with a Mozambique, but if that player was any decent, nah.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
The huge disparity between weapons is what makes hot dropping so random, as it's mostly just luck based. Like, I have an early game clip of killing someone who had both a Wingman and a Peacekeeper with a Mozambique, but if that player was any decent, nah.

I feel personally called out.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I feel personally called out.

Heh. :) It's still possible to screw up with good loot depending on the fight you're in. The one I was referring to was actually me versus two players, Mozambiqued both, so they weren't great.

But in one match yesterday I couldn't get out of Skull alive, even though I found a Peacekeeper, gold backpack and purple armor on drop...

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Heh. :) It's still possible to screw up with good loot depending on the fight you're in. The one I was referring to was actually me versus two players, Mozambiqued both, so they weren't great.

But in one match yesterday I couldn't get out of Skull alive, even though I found a Peacekeeper, gold backpack and purple armor on drop...

Nah it's alright, I was making fun of myself cause I can be very rubbish at times. But also have my moments on others, but I'm clearly not a top-killer, if I get 6 kills in a game I'm proud! Either way, having fun is more my goal tbh, and boy, a lot of fun is defo what I get out of this game!

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I received a message from a particularly salty enemy, accusing me of using mouse and keyboard on Xbox. Poor guy.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I've grown to hate the R-99. I always seem to hit someone enough to see a plethora of numbers come out of them only for them to quick burst me and kill me when I have a purple body shield and I'm reloading.

I much prefer a hip firing devotion now for my close range exchanges.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Drop into Artillery uncontested, one person disconnects, and the two of us get into the top 5 without encountering anyone. I pick up a Kraber and the other guy crouches behind a rock to camp. Fine. I set up shop nearby.

I spot an enemy, he doesn't move.

I die, he doesn't move.

Sigh.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome, for probably at least the 100th time, I played a game and didn't get the "Bonus with playing with friends" 21 minute game too.

This is becoming a common occurrence for me, and it is really starting to frustrate me. You base your Battle Pass on gaining XP, and then there is a bug.....that makes you not get your full XP. Great game...

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Nothing more satisfying than sending the guy who DC'd instantly after being downed a screenshot of victory screen along with some snide remark

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm going to sound like a broken record but it's pretty astonishing how they haven't added a single new mode to the game yet.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to sound like a broken record but it's pretty astonishing how they haven't added a single new mode to the game yet.

Pretty telling the first OT lasted about a month with its 400 pages, but then in the next 2 months we've only made 80 pages. We're waiting for something new. I don't think I'm starting the game again before something new drops, as I'm a bit tired of the same loop. Interesting map changes, a couple new weapons, a new class, some new gamemodes and a better progression system drops? I'm back in immediately.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I don't need a ton to return to the game, but I do need something. New game modes would be the best, and preferably something more than just solo/duo.

That said, I have nothing planned for Saturday so we were wondering if we'd boot the game up again with a friend and play for a bit. Been a while since I played with him.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty telling the first OT lasted about a month with its 400 pages, but then in the next 2 months we've only made 80 pages. We're waiting for something new. I don't think I'm starting the game again before something new drops, as I'm a bit tired of the same loop. Interesting map changes, a couple new weapons, a new class, some new gamemodes and a better progression system drops? I'm back in immediately.

I'm going to back peddle on my thoughts on doing a solo mode. I think they should definitely add a solo mode so that all the new players can jump in and not weigh down good players, which is what is happening in the game right now and it's creating a lot of frustration. I also think they need to add a ranked mode so that, conversely, all the good players have a place to go where they can team up with other good players.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Almost to Level 93 in the pass which is of course the last possible Loot Tick. Got a Legendary Kraber skin for my Golden Tick, and since Sniper scopes are shit on consoles, will probably never use it. Cool. Can see me quitting pretty soon if there's nothing to unlock.

Other than the insanity of seemingly trying to ride out 2 months on just the shit Season 1 battle pass content, what's really getting me is no-one over at Respawn confessing they screwed up the game economy and doing anything to fix it. Crafting materials are broken in the inverse to the game doling out infinite red tokens for which you also have no use. Skins then costing £15 is the peak of it all of course.

They may feel that if they changed anything now the whales that are supposedly supporting the game with any purchases would revolt, so all eyes on Season 2 I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.