• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
My problems with the game are not content related. It's the techinal problems that should not be happening. I still get terrible stuttering in some matches and I still get queued into squads with one or even both other players getting dropped. And it's not like they're happening rarely.

That's not to mention the other broken aspects of the game. Caustic and Gibraltars passives are still broken weeks later. People on PS4 have crashes caused by a patch that seemingly did nothing.

Hard to excited for updates when it seems each one breaks some part of the game.

Last edited:

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Not 100% sure. I only know the former case. Where I've been carrying around a team mates banner until the end of the game, won, and he actually got 1 second more of survival time XP.

When Apex launched, you would get survival XP right up until your last teammate got boxed, as long as you stayed on and spectated.

Around the beginning of season 1 they changed this so that players only received survival XP up until the point where they were boxed.

There is an exception: If your team goes on to win the game, or be the last team to be eliminated, even boxed players will still get full survival XP.

Honestly, it's all a little confusing. None of this behavior was announced in the patch notes.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Finally saw the light and permanently decided to promote the R99/R301 as 2nd primary guns, dethroning the Peacekeeper that I have been maining for so long. Either one of those, combined with the Spitfire, make me a very happy (and deadly) girl!

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Finally saw the light and permanently decided to promote the R99/R301 as 2nd primary guns, dethroning the Peacekeeper that I have been maining for so long. Either one of those, combined with the Spitfire, make me a very happy (and deadly) girl!
I cant speak for other platfotms, but most players seem to avoid the Peacekeeper on PS4.
When the game launched, it used to be one of the most popular guns, now I rarely have teammates that pick it up or go up against enemies using it.

I mostly avoid shotguns since I cant aim with them for shit unless I'm fighting in a tight corridor or something.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Had the day off today and Hit level 100 on the battle pass and managed to get 9 wins. Overall epic day of Apex.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the most important parts of the patch.

PERFORMANCE

• Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.
  • Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues.
ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES AND CHANGES

• Fixed issue with the Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic where they would take damage through shields.
  • Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar's Gun Shield.
    • Admittedly it's been fun to see the results of this but the behavior is not intended by design and could get out of control. Items will no longer stick to Gibraltar's Gun Shield, however, it will now deflect Arc Stars.
  • We have identified some issues with -novid, and will be disabling the flag until we can address the issues. Thank you for your patience

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I cant speak for other platfotms, but most players seem to avoid the Peacekeeper on PS4.
When the game launched, it used to be one of the most popular guns, now I rarely have teammates that pick it up or go up against enemies using it.

I mostly avoid shotguns since I cant aim with them for shit unless I'm fighting in a tight corridor or something.
shotguns suck in general due to the hitreg issues. Cant tell you the amount of times i've point blanked people with the peacekeeper and see a blood cloud with no numbers or a measly 14 or something pop up then die.

dudefriend

Banned
Apr 27, 2019
I get on for the first time in months and they still haven't fixed that horrible audio glitch thing? seriously?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Not a very exciting patch, but those performance fixes sound like something that have to have taken a ton of work

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

I actually kept up with it because it came handy in quite many situations, but nowadays, I'll just keep it if I find it at the beginning of a game (I can one-shot people with it then), and toss it away for the endgame part.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I actually kept up with it because it came handy in quite many situations, but nowadays, I'll just keep it if I find it at the beginning of a game (I can one-shot people with it then), and toss it away for the endgame part.

The 2 guns that I have the most inconsistent experiences with are the Peacekeeper and the Havoc. Sometimes I absolutely shred with them, other times I get destroyed. Right now my favorite set up is a loaded up Hemlock with 3X HCOG for medium to long distance and an R99 with a basic 1X red dot scope for close quarters.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Kinda shocked that there's not been any map changes or guns or even more bp boost weekends, was that really just a one off?

Give me a reason to boot this up.

It's funny. I'm actually more into Apex now then I was 3 weeks ago. The gunplay is the best Ive seen in a BR other than maybe Blackout (but I hate the short TTK there).

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats disappointing exactly when they already said its going to be seasonal?

Well, I am personally disappointed by exactly that. To me, one content update every 100 days is not enough to hold me over.
Especially when the Battle Pass, which is both incredibly grindy and unrewarding, makes that drought of content feel even worse.
Then there's the fact that they've removed the red currency purchases from the shop, making the only post-max reward currently worthless.

I love the gameplay, but it's a sandbox game on one map with no ranking system. It needs more frequent updates, even if they are small, that add new toys to play with in the sandbox. And currently, the progression system has a negative feedback loop, which hurts the game even more.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Well, I am personally disappointed by exactly that. To me, one content update every 100 days is not enough to hold me over.
Especially when the Battle Pass, which is both incredibly grindy and unrewarding, makes that drought of content feel even worse.
Then there's the fact that they've removed the red currency purchases from the shop, making the only post-max reward currently worthless.

I love the gameplay, but it's a sandbox game on one map with no ranking system. It needs more frequent updates, even if they are small, that add new toys to play with in the sandbox. And currently, the progression system has a negative feedback loop, which hurts the game even more.
I feel you and definitely understand. It needs frequent updates no doubt but I'm being patient because they're still new to this. I'm not playing Apex like I used to because of the damn audio bug. Even my BP level is sitting on level 80 because I'm not willing to get frustrated with the audio bug just to reach max level. New update coming soon which is going to fix it and by then I'll probably jump back to max my BP. We do need new maps, the game launching with one map isn't a good idea. I got bored of the same scenarios people dropping in Skull Town and 5 minutes after the game started only half the squads left. I don't mind seasonal updates but we need something at least mid-season to refresh the players

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've been pretty patient with this game and appreciate that they're a small team working hard across 3 platforms to cut down on bugs and cheaters, but nothing in terms of small events and such is a bummer. When they did the only BP boost event, I wasn't around to play and they've done nothing since.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I've been pretty patient with this game and appreciate that they're a small team working hard across 3 platforms to cut down on bugs and cheaters, but nothing in terms of small events and such is a bummer. When they did the only BP boost event, I wasn't around to play and they've done nothing since.

Your sentiment is reflected by many people if you just look at the xbox most played games list. Apex dropped from 2 to 5 in the last few weeks. I was watching Shroud last week and he casually mentions "Oh, I could see a new map for Apex dropping in June". The way he said it was like he knew something was in the works. In my opinion, they need an alternate map to keep things fresh. Kings Canyon just isn't big enough to keep games from constantly starting in Skulltown area. It's literally where 70% of the drops go.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I pisses me off when people ignore my call of 'dibs' way more than it should.

'Drop my level 3 extended mag you Loot greedy bastard!'

I remember one time I was in a team with a friend and a random dude. My friend pings that he needs a gun attachment, I don't remember what it was, but well, I get closer to him, and drop it on the ground and ping it for him. Random dude barges in, takes the attachment right before my friend could, and crouched to camp nearby. It took him me punching him three times in a row immediately after that happened (I couldn't talk), to finally get him to drop the attachment back so that my friend could finally take it.

Another time, another friend was super low health, pings for health, I drop a medicine kit, third teammate (full life, full shield) takes it. This time I had the mic, and I was very vocal about being displeased at his behavior while he clearly didn't need this medkit in this situation while my friend hella did, and he gave it back to my friend.

I don't mind when people don't respect pings when it's like obvious I'm nowhere near it and other teammate will get to it first, I don't even bother saying dibs in those case anyway, but there are times where the dibs should be respected indeed.

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Your sentiment is reflected by many people if you just look at the xbox most played games list. Apex dropped from 2 to 5 in the last few weeks. I was watching Shroud last week and he casually mentions "Oh, I could see a new map for Apex dropping in June". The way he said it was like he knew something was in the works. In my opinion, they need an alternate map to keep things fresh. Kings Canyon just isn't big enough to keep games from constantly starting in Skulltown area. It's literally where 70% of the drops go.
I was watching Shroud yesterday playing Apex before switching to Warcraft. He said he's just tired of the game and said most viewers are probably tired of watching it.

They definitely need to switch things up if they want to keep the influencers on board with the game.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Respawn would do well to take a page out of the Epic/Treyarch playbook and make alterations to their existing map, instead of adding a new map outright. I have no idea if that entails more or less work (considering it's changing an existing map instead of adding a whole new one, I'm gonna go with the latter), but after playing PUBG, I'm convinced that quantity is not a substitute for quality.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Respawn would do well to take a page out of the Epic/Treyarch playbook and make alterations to their existing map, instead of adding a new map outright. I have no idea if that entails more or less work (considering it's changing an existing map instead of adding a whole new one, I'm gonna go with the latter), but after playing PUBG, I'm convinced that quantity is not a substitute for quality.

They already said they're going to edit the original map. Something along the lines of a comment on Reddit: "You didn't think the Canyon would look the same forever?!"

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
They already said they're going to edit the original map. Something along the lines of a comment on Reddit: "You didn't think the Canyon would look the same forever?!"
That's what I figured. And why not? It keeps things fresh at (probably) significantly less cost to the developer, so they can refocus monetary assets across the board.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Nobody told me Pathfinder was so fun to play. He single handedly rekindled my love for the game! Setting up a zipline to get to the last team at the very moment they killed their ennemies and finishing them off is my new hobby.

valeo

Oct 27, 2017
Haha I was thinking the same.

Their post launch support for this game is so weak. Season 2 better be incredible. Still loving the game mind you.

I think it's unfair to compare post launch support to a behemoth like Fortnite. (which you haven't done, but which I think is implied by quite a few)

Respawn have taken quite a hard line stance that their employees will not be crunching ridiculous hours in order to provide content around the clock, and I can 100% get behind that.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

Respawn are, in general, amazing map makers barring Titanfall 2's launch maps which were horrible. When I think back to the insane maps in Titanfall 1 and now Apex, I think that they'd probably come up with a really killer alternate map. But I agree, don't fuck up the game by releasing more maps that are sub par. They could always greatly expand this map like Fortnite did.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Respawn are, in general, amazing map makers barring Titanfall 2's launch maps which were horrible. When I think back to the insane maps in Titanfall 1 and now Apex, I think that they'd probably come up with a really killer alternate map. But I agree, don't fuck up the game by releasing more maps that are sub par. They could always greatly expand this map like Fortnite did.
One of my biggest lamentations of Titanfall 2 was how all but one DLC map were ported over from Titanfall 1. I don't count any of the Pilot-only maps, considering those were built for very specific modes that didn't have any Titans whatsoever.

What I'm surprised by with Apex is how none of the locations, to my knowledge, are based on Titanfall maps. That's a serious missed opportunity, IMO. One of the biggest strengths of Blackout is how almost every location there is pulled from an existing Black Ops multiplayer or zombies map. It gives the overall experience a unique identity.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Similar to weekly events in other games, why not have Mozambique's only, get top 5 once and get an Apex pack, etc. Or change up the map slightly, like permanent thermite in Skull Town, care package drops every minute, Bangalore ults in Round 4.

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's unfair to compare post launch support to a behemoth like Fortnite. (which you haven't done, but which I think is implied by quite a few)

Respawn have taken quite a hard line stance that their employees will not be crunching ridiculous hours in order to provide content around the clock, and I can 100% get behind that.

I'm not really comparing their post launch support to fortnite. Just on its own right, irrespective of not wanting to overwork their employees, the support is poor.

The infinite portal glitch not being sorted is quite surprising considering it's been there since day 1. Combine that with the absolutely mediocre season 1 battle pass and the massive gaps between updates, it just really amounts to a poor effort as far as post launch support is concerned.

Make no mistake; these guys create some of the best games ever. I've consistently sunk more hours into every game they've made than any other but they absolutely have to improve their post launch support because it's really lacking in this day and age.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even about asking them for more content at this point, it's asking them to get their shit together and fix bugs that have been there since day one.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
So people kept talking about how insane Peacekeeper is, but after one smallish nerf it's pretty much gone. Do you guys think the nerf actually made that big of a difference or were people simply overrating it in the first place?

Or maybe I'm overstating how much it's fallen out of favor, but I genuinely barely see it on PS4 anymore.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
If you take someone else's dibs it violates some kind of bro code for sure. It's also just a dick move.
man, I don't agree with that at all, and have never operated like that when playing with friends. "dibs" is just used to preserve the ping. whoever can use the item should take it—you don't get a claim on it just because you were already looking over there when your teammate pinged it, or because your other teammate was busy at the time

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Depends on the situation, but if I'm doubling back and I've got close and someone snatches that item from under me then I'm gonna be pissed.

....I also hate it when randoms take the purple armour from my care package as soon as it lands when I'm lifeline. It happens so much that Ive actually started running away from my team to drop them

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Lifeline is my main, and I play her often, so regarding her care packages, I guess it depends. If someone who didn't help me at all, never pings stuff, and barely communicates, snatches the care package loot right in front of me, I'll be pissed. But if it's a team player who feeds me lots of Ultimate Accelerants, cares to share what they find with me so I can ping dibs or not, and just generally is a good communicative team player who stays with the team and actively plays in a good way (IE: not like a solo player) then I'm good with them snatching purple armour. I'd even encourage them to do so if I see they're more skilled than me at this game during combats.

After all, Care Packages are a team thing for me. I get equally pissed when I get a Lifeline who selfishly calls the care packages when she's so far away from everybody else, in order to keep it all for herself. I also get pissed at those Lifelines who never pick up Ultimate Accelerants when I ping them. And I really hate the Lifelines who barely call ONE SINGLE care package during a game of 15 wholass minutes while we all outta here wearing white/blue shit. What good are you even? Oh, and the Lifelines who never ever use their Health drone in the entire game, even when you're walking around with 10 HP a couple of meters away from them. Those are the worst. If you don't have a modicum of team awareness & teamplay, go play literally anything else BUT Lifeline, tbh.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
man, I don't agree with that at all, and have never operated like that when playing with friends. "dibs" is just used to preserve the ping. whoever can use the item should take it—you don't get a claim on it just because you were already looking over there when your teammate pinged it, or because your other teammate was busy at the time

Playing with friends is totally different, though. You really don't even need to call dibs because usually everyone has mics on.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Playing with friends is totally different, though. You really don't even need to call dibs because usually everyone has mics on.

I also feel like people have a completely different mindset when they play with randoms, than when they play with friends.
I always play with mic open and use the vocal chat to communicate at all times (well, until it's nighttime and my SO has to sleep, that is) regardless of who I play with, and you'd get surprised about how many random people I met that reacted positively to that and became much more cooperative and much better teamplayers thanks to that. Even if I'm the only one talking, it brings people to cooperate in much more effective ways, than just staying purely silent the whole time.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
One of my biggest lamentations of Titanfall 2 was how all but one DLC map were ported over from Titanfall 1. I don't count any of the Pilot-only maps, considering those were built for very specific modes that didn't have any Titans whatsoever.

What I'm surprised by with Apex is how none of the locations, to my knowledge, are based on Titanfall maps. That's a serious missed opportunity, IMO. One of the biggest strengths of Blackout is how almost every location there is pulled from an existing Black Ops multiplayer or zombies map. It gives the overall experience a unique identity.

Man, when I first saw the leaked map for Apex and it had Airbase, Runoff, and Swampland I really thought (hoped) they were using the same maps from T1. It's a total missed opportunity since those maps were fucking epic. The one great thing about Apex's map is that they brought back the verticality of T1 maps. I never understood the choice to go 3-lane COD style design in T2.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I also feel like people have a completely different mindset when they play with randoms, than when they play with friends.
I always play with mic open and use the vocal chat to communicate at all times (well, until it's nighttime and my SO has to sleep, that is) regardless of who I play with, and you'd get surprised about how many random people I met that reacted positively to that and became much more cooperative and much better teamplayers thanks to that. Even if I'm the only one talking, it brings people to cooperate in much more effective ways, than just staying purely silent the whole time.

Yup. I always wear a mic. My favorite squad that I play with is two older gamer dudes with careers and kids (similar to myself) and each of them has something like 7000 kills on their mains. They're savage at the game. I would've never met them had I not been wearing a mic. Now we play whenever we can and it's always a good time. I got 9 wins with them the other day over a short 3 hour session.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yup. I always wear a mic. My favorite squad that I play with is two older gamer dudes with careers and kids (similar to myself) and each of them has something like 7000 kills on their mains. They're savage at the game. I would've never met them had I not been wearing a mic. Now we play whenever we can and it's always a good time. I got 9 wins with them the other day over a short 3 hour session.

That's so cool indeed! I wish I would meet such savage players, but I can't complain, I made a lot of friends through the game already. My favorite is a Norwegian woman I just love and enjoy playing with cause she's just fun, chill and kind, and whenever we both duo-queue, it's always funny to meet random dudes who are shocked at the fact they're playing with two women. Women are scarce in this game (or very very silent, most likely) which is why I treasure her as a friend I can play with, we have our own Apex sorority pact, we don't take shit from no one, and boy do we have a lot of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.