• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Just needed a win and a top 5 to have all the new rewards unlocked. Was having a good match to potentially get both in one and my game crashes. One of only a couple crashes I've had since launch.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have recently fallen in love with sniping in this game. I used to roll with the Wingman, but I've swapped to Longbow now. Sniping people down in two headshots is incredibly satisfying.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

I feel like they're really progressing in terms of skin quality, but in terms of price, I'm still baffled.
I can't help but draw comparisons with how Riot handles skins on League Of Legends, in terms of pricing, and over there, for a solid 10€, you have a fairly unique and original skin. Not a recolor of the same damn skin like the purple ones are. For 20 €, you get an amazing skin that is always accompanied with some extra special FX, and/or music and/or over-the-top aesthetics/concept. A 20€ skin there does feel like the price is justified, but in Apex, it's... just 20€ to get a skin that looks better than the purple one, which, again, is a basic as hell recolor with some wacky unnecessary animated visual effect that brings nothing to the skin quality whatsoever?

If they're gonna maintain the 20€ price, I guess I'll never buy a legendary skin. I'm sorry but their price is absolutely not justified.
Those new Lifeline & Mirage epic skins at 10€ in the shop (the Pain Killer & Snake Charmer ones) on the other hand are beautiful, and I hope they'll diversify the Epic range of skins more than the Legendary ones, because I could see myself buy those type of skins more in the future, the price seems reasonable, and they're beautiful and unique enough. But if they truly wanna push such high range price for the Legendary ones, they better up their game. That Bangalore skin is very pretty, and I'd buy it at 10€. But I really wouldn't at 20€.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Wait...Is this skin $18 or $20? Not that two bucks really matters THAT much but they've historically been over-priced at $18. $20 is just laughable.

I will say....It looks dope, regardless.

It's 18€ indeed, but since you have to buy one pack of 20€/20 000 Apex coins to get it, it's roughly the same shit for me. Those 2 000 Apex Coins leftovers aren't enough to buy another Legendary skin if you buy a 10€/10 000 Apex coins pack, and are probably tactically meant to be wasted in stupid lootboxes, since you can't use them for anything else at all in the store. So honestly to me, 18€ or 20€, it makes no difference. Still hella overpriced either way.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just had a dude down me and as I was mirage I crawled out into the storm while in cover.

The guy ran into the storm to finish, died because he had no meds and then sent me an abusive message

Some people are thirsty for those kills.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you wining every 2 games? because even on top 5 i get around 4k-5k
I'm usually getting in the top 5 or better, and I did win one during that session. I usually wind up with around 12k to 14k for the battle pass.

I mean I'm getting about 5k to 6k in survival time alone. So obviously when you factor in the legend bonus plus any kills and damage and what not it all adds up.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Hahahaha.​
Just has some greedy guys chase me from the drop for 7 whole minutes. I didn't have a single gun , just a blue shield......​
I spectated the 3 of them after I died and they had hardly any loot at all.​
The kills are all that matters to some, I just wish they'd put in some sort of super re-spawning kill mode for them or something. There's obviously an audience for it.​

Last edited:

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
Cool that the patch that brought in their big event seemingly destroyed their servers. Respawn is sure to prove eventually that their slow cooker method to game dev is the right way.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Compared to valve and DotA 2 not really. Seige elites are not much further off and sell like crazy. People under estimate what is being done and spent in other games.

That might be so for those games but there's only a handful of legendary skins in Apex that are worth $18, in my opinion.

If Respawn priced these skins at say, $10 a piece, I think people would be way more inclined to spend the coin on them.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Compared to valve and DotA 2 not really. Seige elites are not much further off and sell like crazy. People under estimate what is being done and spent in other games.

I've spent plenty of money on skins on League of Legends; these other games have a huge assortment of higher quality skins at lower prices.
Apex has very few skins, and the only worthwhile ones are the $20 Legendary ones. They can put relatively little effort into a Legendary skin and it will most likely look better than anything else on offer.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I've spent plenty of money on skins on League of Legends; these other games have a huge assortment of higher quality skins at lower prices.
Apex has very few skins, and the only worthwhile ones are the $20 Legendary ones. They can put relatively little effort into a Legendary skin and it will most likely look better than anything else on offer.

It's selling so why not. They can create special effects skins in a few seasons and up it by $5.00 more. The amount of skins I see in games makes it seems like they are selling. I get they seemed overpriced but if people are paying then??

Eventually they will be old and they can discount them for even more sales. The discount will be for what some of you think is reasonable. You don't start out low.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's selling so why not. They can create special effects skins in a few seasons and up it by $5.00 more. The amount of skins I see in games makes it seems like they are selling. I get they seemed overpriced but if people are paying then??

Eventually they will be old and they can discount them for even more sales. The discount will be for what some of you think is reasonable. You don't start out low.

First, the fact that skins are selling doesn't make them good. The are selling because they are the only options.

Second, that doesn't mean the system is great for consumers or even great for Respawn. Remember, revenue is down 74% from launch. A good portion of that is probably do to the fact that the skins aren't all that great.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
First, the fact that skins are selling doesn't make them good. The are selling because they are the only options.

Second, that doesn't mean the system is great for consumers or even great for Respawn. Remember, revenue is down 74% from launch. A good portion of that is probably do to the fact that the skins aren't all that great.

Didn't the article say revenue was down from previous month? Of course revenue is going to be down after the BP was realeased. If assume most games see a spike upon content release like that. Even a game like seige sees a decline months after the new annual pass is out.

Look I'm not saying the skins are great but if they are selling obviously hold the price and when more or better ones come out they should sell as well. Then you have opportunity to offer some discounts when a large amount is available. The discounts will still sell for a decent amount.

My initial comments were they are not outrageous with the pricing compared to other games and what players spend. DotA 2 had some absurd prices on items when I played it.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

Having tiered/premium skins is fine with me in theory; new animations, VFX, voices lines do justify higher costs. But the "more-work = bigger-pricetag" argument comes off as insulting when the costume itself costs more than the character its for.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tired of playing with trash people. How do I join up with you guys? I'm on PS4. Psn ID: Glassboy

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
People good with the Kraber: how do they fucking do it? I suck with the Kraber, and as a sniper in general, it's almost to a comical level tbh. Guess I gotta practice that more.

A Kraber has massive recoil so basically don't miss. As long as you hit them, that along with damage from your teammates should be enough to down an enemy.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so behind. I thought e3 starts tue-thurs. but I guess EA has shit tomorrow???

Hype for more Star Wars and Apex I to make the work day go fast.

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
Just had some disconnect immediately after getting Elite Access. Really hope that's not gonna become a thing.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Finally picked up the last Top 5s badge after blindly trying to track it down. Woo! Ready for Season 2 now.

Did anyone end up getting that 50 Wins badge? Crazy undertaking.

JvzTECVl.jpg

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tired of playing with trash people. How do I join up with you guys? I'm on PS4. Psn ID: Glassboy

Yeah, I was going to ask since the Discord seems really dead.

Anyone on PSN looking to try getting streaks in Elite or at least have a coordinated team? PM me or post your ID and we'll try to get some games in.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
A Kraber has massive recoil so basically don't miss. As long as you hit them, that along with damage from your teammates should be enough to down an enemy.

I think the problem lies less with the massive recoil, and more with the fact I can't aim for shit with it, and can sometimes miss up to 6 shots out of 8. Which on a Kraber with limited ammunitions is: HELLA RUBBISH!

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I think the problem lies less with the massive recoil, and more with the fact I can't aim for shit with it, and can sometimes miss up to 6 shots out of 8. Which on a Kraber with limited ammunitions is: HELLA RUBBISH!

Yeah, I've never really been a sniper kind of player so really prefer something more forgiving than the Kraber. At least with the other sniper rifles I'm helping towards a down if the team is communicating and firing together, haha.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I really wish Respawn would allow you to keep your streak once if you die in the first 20 seconds. I've had some terrible jumpmasters this morning.

Game 1. Guy pings skulltown and heads towards it, I split off and as soon as I do he makes U-turn and goes back towards bunker

Game 2. Guy doesn't ping anything opting the go back in the way the jump ship came from and into an already populated skulltown.

Game 3. Guy doesn't drop and gives away jumpmaster to me with only 10 seconds remaining. I opt to drop in an un-named location as all the popular spots are taken and he splits off towards Thunderdome and is insta killed.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish Respawn would allow you to keep your streak once if you die in the first 20 seconds. I've had some terrible jumpmasters this morning.

Game 1. Guy pings skulltown and heads towards it, I split off and as soon as I do he makes U-turn and goes back towards bunker

Game 2. Guy doesn't ping anything opting the go back in the way the jump ship came from and into an already populated skulltown.

Game 3. Guy doesn't drop and gives away jumpmaster to me with only 10 seconds remaining. I opt to drop in an un-named location as all the popular spots are taken and he splits off towards Thunderdome and is insta killed.
always jump solo.
if they suicide let them die.
they insta-disconnect seeing that you didnt die right away
you keep your streak

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It's 18€ indeed, but since you have to buy one pack of 20€/20 000 Apex coins to get it, it's roughly the same shit for me. Those 2 000 Apex Coins leftovers aren't enough to buy another Legendary skin if you buy a 10€/10 000 Apex coins pack, and are probably tactically meant to be wasted in stupid lootboxes, since you can't use them for anything else at all in the store. So honestly to me, 18€ or 20€, it makes no difference. Still hella overpriced either way.

Damn I didn't even think about that...Such a scam. They should make it so you can just buy 100 coins for a buck but they'll never do it.

Vakuf

Oct 25, 2017
my friend and I updated to windows update 1903 and now the in game mic in apex doesn't work. It works in origin voice chat, discord, windows, etc just in game to talk to randoms doesn't work. I can see the mic icon when pressing push to talk key to talk but when in audio settings the green bar doesn't move. Any else have this issue with latest windows update?

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
always jump solo.
if they suicide let them die.
they insta-disconnect seeing that you didnt die right away
you keep your streak

So you drop solo in a team game ? fucking ridiculous and exactly why I'm done playing with randoms. Tbh doing this in elite que needs to be punished.

Playing with randoms is such a terrible experience. This is a team game if you don't want to play with a team play a different game.

Had a guy do exactly this last night and he got all butt hurt when I asked why he feels the need to ruin the game for other people.

People like you are ruining this game.I know I have zero desire to play anymore since I'm generally playing solo and have to deal with people like you.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I feel like performance has gotten worse on standard PS4. There's also a minor bug if you spam down on the d-pad to heal with multiple Cells/Syringes: the character tries to bring back the weapon repeatedly instead of healing. Kind of hilarious to look at.
Hoping for more bugfixes soon

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The octane sound glitch scares the shit out of me everytime.

Can be looting a house on my own and then I hear the jump pad and assume someone is trying to jump in on me.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Managed to make a 6 top 5 streak today. Damn it's hard to consistently stay in top 5 no matter what, people hella camping for sure, and every fight gets intense real quick. We even managed to win an Elite game twice, which is not too shabby, I quite enjoy this game mode tbh.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Finally picked up the last Top 5s badge after blindly trying to track it down. Woo! Ready for Season 2 now.

Did anyone end up getting that 50 Wins badge? Crazy undertaking.

JvzTECVl.jpg

Congrats! I got the 50 wins with 7 different Legends badge like a month ago, haven't really played the game since.

Status
Not open for further replies.