• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
The way she claps her hand when she finishes putting up electric fences because she proud of haself. I love ha.
The running animation is also absolutely endearing.

Honestly I just fucking love how Respawn manages to give a soul, flair and personality to all of these champions, it's really one of their forte here.
yeah, I've really enjoyed the little bits of lore they've been releasing on the website recently and I'm glad they're going to expand this further

aside from the fantastic gunplay, it's the characters that really set this game apart from other BRs

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A drop-only gun, a new legend, and ranked mode. I expected a bit more.

At least the Battle Pass changes sound really good.

Regarding Watson, I feel like she's going to be another situational character, like Caustic, that is really good early game, but falls have pretty hard towards the end game depending on the circle.
Her ultimate looks really cool though.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
her electric fence ability kind of reminds me of Symmetra in Overwatch, how you have to think of the 3D space in a different way than with the other characters

very excited to play her

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whose excited to have to push the last squad hiding in a building with that ultimate out which basically means you die? I am!

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's still some more to learn considering there's an unexplained equipment slot and "three new content categories" for the next battlepass.

Not bad. Curious how Ranked Mode works.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So much for posters thinking they couldn't implement ranked mode in battle royale lol.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Overall it was a good presentation. The gun being care package only and no real "new mode" is pretty disappointing. I know there adding ranked but that's still going to be the same game just more intense. Don't get me wrong that sounds dope as hell and I've always wanted a ranked mode in BR's, but we need some variety. Where's a blitz mode or shotguns only? Just some stupid modes you can play for fun with buddies?

Cosmetics look so much better though and that's good. Battlepass looks solid allready and I love that level 100 skin. Just wish for some more variety in this game becuase it's getting a wee bit stale.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
What we know now, also based on leaks, is that you will be able to ride dragon like creatures next season. If they attack or only transport you, no idea, but that is set.

The big one, if I would guess, could be just a map event that will get either automatically triggered or manually, something quick and fast or a change to the end game in general.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Wattson seems really cool, so that's good. The L-Star is underwhelming since we already knew it's a care-package weapon. I guess we've got at minimum four more months until we get a new real gun? They couldn't talk about the new hopups or the map changes, so that sucked. And ranked mode gets an "eh, whatever" from me; I couldn't care less about it and probably won't touch it until the people I regularly party up with decide they are only going to play it.

Pretty 'meh' half hour though. We got to see Wattson and the L-Star, and those were big deals. They showed like four new skins. And the announcement of ranked mode. We already knew about everything but ranked mode though, so they really should have had more info about new gear and map changes ready.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

0u9axgP.jpg

4W2Zvpo.jpg

Also that Caustic skin is really really pretty. Their skin game is definitely on fire now.

Bb6lOWU.jpg

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie. Was still hoping for a solo. But I guess with ranked we should be pairing up with our actual skill and maybe the complaining about randoms will be mitigated.

Maybe. Lol.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wattson seems really cool, so that's good. The L-Star is underwhelming since we already knew it's a care-package weapon. I guess we've got at minimum four more months until we get a new real gun? They couldn't talk about the new hopups or the map changes, so that sucked. And ranked mode gets an "eh, whatever" from me; I couldn't care less about it and probably won't touch it until the people I regularly party up with decide they are only going to play it.

Pretty 'meh' half hour though. We got to see Wattson and the L-Star, and those were big deals. They showed like four new skins. And the announcement of ranked mode. We already knew about everything but ranked mode though, so they really should have had more info about new gear and map changes ready.
Shroud said they have more but they'r not talking about it

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
The original map leak from 2018 had the dinosaurs from the surrounding water a lot closer to the playable map. I assume they're what we saw in the teaser and will interact with the map in some way.

41w4vptijke21.png

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty satisfied with what they said and more to come. Definitely interested in the two new hop-ups. Wonder if they meant attachments or hop-ups, though.

Ranked should be fun, and Wattson looks dope. Skins are looking much better too.

Heading in the right direction for sure.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wattson seems absurd on paper. There are so many scenarios where late game circles are near buildings where she can wall off all the entrances,which seems really hard to fight. In the open there's more counter play, but damn.

Lstar being a care package weapon is fine but does expose the unfortunate issue with the slow drip feed of content. It feels underwhelming for that to be the big new gun when you're not going to see it much, but I do think it's going to be a strong pick up since the range is all around good.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Ingame 3D model of Wattson. I love how they made a subtle texture looking like an ancient electricity scar on her left eye.

l9J85sg.jpg
FjYVIEI.jpg

fFRhNTb.jpg

IApSU9e.jpg

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Wattson seems absurd on paper. There are so many scenarios where late game circles are near buildings where she can wall off all the entrances,which seems really hard to fight. In the open there's more counter play, but damn.

I suppose the question is if they can be destroyed like Caustic's gas traps. I assume so, although hiding them inside doorways does seem like they could be a pain.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose the question is if they can be destroyed like Caustic's gas traps. I assume so, although hiding them inside doorways does seem like they could be a pain.

yeah, I'm assuming you can shoot the rods themself. But yeah, then it was often shown blocking a doorway where it wouldn't be easy.

That + her ult in the corner somewhere stopping grenades sounds nuts. That feeds into and makes her ult really hard to reach in a lot of situations and also protects the rods. Really curious to see how you get around that.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Also this seems like relevant information to share:

PFSK7RV.png

I love how their seasons look like... Actual goddamn seasons. And not "climate change seasons on steroids" like on other games where people have new content every 3 seconds. I don't mind this slower pace, to be honest. I want the devs to be happy and well-fed. They deserve it.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, I'm assuming you can shoot the rods themself. But yeah, then it was often shown blocking a doorway where it wouldn't be easy.

That + her ult in the corner somewhere stopping grenades sounds nuts. That feeds into and makes her ult really hard to reach in a lot of situations and also protects the rods. Really curious to see how you get around that.

Hmm, yeah I forgot about the ult part of it. I'm guessing it would need line of sight to destroy a grenade. Thinking of at least a few buildings where one ult would cover both entry ways. She can have three of them out.

It all seems pretty involved on paper. I don't mind adding a layer of tactics, but not if it can be cheesed. We'll have to see in practice, I guess.

Can you imagine landing Bunker now? lol

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is what was data mined, I wonder what that new equipment will be.
  • Legendary (lvl 4) shotgun bolt with bonus passive: "Maximum upgrade to fire rate. 15% movement speed increase."
  • Legendary (lvl 4) sniper stock with bonus passive: "Fast handling & large aim drift reduction. Deals up to 120% damage the further away the target is."
  • New equipment (probably).
  • Flyers, which will be contains loot.
  • Magazine attachment for energy weapon.
Reddit

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You guys overall impressed?

I'm personally very excited and they haven't revealed all yet

Can't wait

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
You guys overall impressed?

I'm personally very excited and they haven't revealed all yet

Can't wait

I'm feeling good about everything. I think Wattson will add a really good defensive angle to the meta for sure even if Pathfinder and Octane can in the key jump over her fences. Also looking forward to ranked mode.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I think the problem lies less with the massive recoil, and more with the fact I can't aim for shit with it, and can sometimes miss up to 6 shots out of 8. Which on a Kraber with limited ammunitions is: HELLA RUBBISH!

Maybe it's the animations, but it feels big and slow. Slow to equip, slow to aim, slow to reload. So against a juking enemy, you're not hitting them. But someone who's crouched or also sniping? There's a chance.

I won a game with the Kraber but I had a ton of help from my teammates who drew fire so I could take my time and hit them.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Maybe it's the animations, but it feels big and slow. Slow to equip, slow to aim, slow to reload. So against a juking enemy, you're not hitting them. But someone who's crouched or also sniping? There's a chance.

I won a game with the Kraber but I had a ton of help from my teammates who drew fire so I could take my time and hit them.

Whenever I see video streams about people using the Kraber, they're capable of killing several people running 150m away with one magazine. When I have a Kraber, I can waste 2/3 magazines on a dude looting a deathbox/care package and miss 3/4 of it. I just think I plain suck at it honestly, it's not my weapon.

Which sucks because whenever I happen to be solo because teammates disconnected, I often try to lay low, get the positional advantage by getting inside the ring, camp there and try my best to win with sniper shots. But the 2 or 3 times I happened to try with the Kraber, I failed miserably. I was against full team each time, but that's beside the point: I was barely even hitting them anyway. I was just idiotically signaling up my position as a freebie, and that sucks.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Ranked mode can't come soon enough. I don't think I need to play with great players, but I'm tired of matching up with suicidal people that refuse to revive/respawn or stick together. Had a bunch of great matches today but definitely some very frustrating back-to-back stinkers.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ranked mode can't come soon enough. I don't think I need to play with great players, but I'm tired of matching up with suicidal idiots that refuse to revive/respawn or stick together.

It still blows my mind that people still play with randoms instead of just searching literally 2 minutes for guys to play. You don't need a ranked mode to fix your partners. 🙄

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I watched without Era and I am pleased I did.

I was aware of most of what was coming, it had been leaked of course, but it got me excited. Maybe watching with my sister who is big into Apex helped keep our hype up.

L-Star looks great and nice to have something different to hit those care packages for.

Hint at a Mozambique hop-up, curious what that could be. Maybe an automatic or lock on (smart pistol).

Skins look a lot better!

And the Battlepass linked to challenges not just grinding is great. Plus hitting max level guarantees enough crafting materials to make a legendary.

The Ranked mode I can see working similar to Titanfall, which I liked.

Wattson ult looks amazing and I really like the idea you can drop it and protect from Grenade spam and air strikes.

New items and new item slots (ammo belt?) and no doubt some other cheeky surprises.

And to top it off? Dinosaurs and shit.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I watched without Era and I am pleased I did.

I was aware of most of what was coming, it had been leaked of course, but it got me excited. Maybe watching with my sister who is big into Apex helped keep our hype up.

L-Star looks great and nice to have something different to hit those care packages for.

Hint at a Mozambique hop-up, curious what that could be. Maybe an automatic or lock on (smart pistol).

Skins look a lot better!

And the Battlepass linked to challenges not just grinding is great. Plus hitting max level guarantees enough crafting materials to make a legendary.

The Ranked mode I can see working similar to Titanfall, which I liked.

Wattson ult looks amazing and I really like the idea you can drop it and protect from Grenade spam and air strikes.

New items and new item slots (ammo belt?) and no doubt some other cheeky surprises.

And to top it off? Dinosaurs and shit.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I mostly play solo too, and it's been more than fine 90% of the time?
Most of the people I added on PSN since February are people I randomly met while playing the game, and enjoyed enough to feel like playing games with them again. There are always usually one or two Apex-playing friends connected to play with, but when there isn't? I'll just go back to solo queue, it's alright.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.