• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Searching where? Here? None of my friends play Apex so I've mostly just played solo.

On Xbox you have Looking for Groups, LFG, takes 2 minutes, natively Integrated, on PS4 you have groups, basically the same.
PC, forums, Facebook groups, communities, a thousand places. It's not that hard??
Someone needs one, description fits, join voice chat say hello, boom awesome rounds. I don't get these problems people still have.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
On Xbox you have Looking for Groups, LFG, takes 2 minutes, natively Integrated, on PS4 you have groups, basically the same.
PC, forums, Facebook groups, communities, a thousand places. It's not that hard??
Someone needs one, description fits, join voice chat say hello, boom awesome rounds. I don't get these problems people still have.
Ok I guess i'll check one of those communities on PS4 then, thanks. I've looked in those before and they seemed a bit dead.

Not sure why you're surprised when you're listing methods outside of the game itself.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Looking forward to ranked mode. L Star has been known to be care package drop only for forever. Rumor was the dinosaurs will be roaming the map in season 2. Still disappointed overall as we were lied to with them saying we would be getting new legends (PLURAL) every season and Watson and the L star were clearly delayed so they had something to offer for Season 2. All the new hires they have been doing won't contribute until Season 3 which is where I expect/hope solos and duos are coming and some big changes.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ok I guess i'll check one of those communities on PS4 then, thanks. I've looked in those before and they seemed a bit dead.

Not sure why you're surprised when you're listing methods outside of the game itself.

Yeah on PC it's a bit more outside the box, I agree. But if a game is on Steam, it's almost the same, I think the game forum that you open with your keyboard combination has a group area as well, but if it's somewhere else like on Epic, I don't know 🤔. Here in Germany, Facebook (looking for) groups are also a big thing for games, specially console games, there are big ones for every game and you can find people there all the time, don't know how this part in US is tho.

You're on PS4, that's great in that regard, not as good and easy as on Xbox One, but almost. If a group is set correctly you could directly join party chats which got specifically opened in this group, or via PlayStation group app on your phone, group message such a party directly, or the more classic way, look into the text field what the newest messages are and answer one that seem to fit. Easy. (Or create a message for yourself of course with what you need like "Level 100+, age 18 and up" or whatever)
You can also use the phone app for that which makes this a lot easier then navigating through it on the console. Use that all the time when I try to find people for Dead by Daylight.
It's mostly a great and super fast experience and playing with randoms is completely unnecessary thanks to these functions. :)

Good luck.

Last edited:

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My highest elite streak was 9. You definitely get more competent randoms in that queue but everyone wants to play passive and avoid fights whenever possible. That shit is boring. Hopefully ranked mode is better and doesn't just rely on placement.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
What counts as a respawn? The person has to leave the dropship? I've been killed after the bar has finished and I'm waiting for my teammate to drop, and it counts as a squad elimination. I still get the XP too.

I feel like they should remove the XP (only counts when they enter the game) or allow a person in the dropship to exit and complete the respawn. They aren't surviving long anyway.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Elite queue becomes kinda meaningless when it's glitched as shit. I once lost the streak despite finishing in the top 5. I am almost always pardoned when I finish outside of it, regardless of what my teammates did, quit or not that is. Made getting the challenges ever easier, sure, but takes a lot of accomplishment away knowing my streaks are fake.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The camping in elite is borderline hilarious. Just made it to a tiny last circle and 7 teams remained. Yet all were hidden and I couldnt hear a damn thing so everyone must have been stationary too. I ended up zip lining to a high point before there was no where left to hide and all hell broke loose.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The camping in elite is borderline hilarious. Just made it to a tiny last circle and 7 teams remained. Yet all were hidden.

In a way that's good, imho. Battle royale should be a mix of aggressive plays and stealth action. The fact Apex favours aggressive play so much is fun, but it makes it less of a battle royale and more of a fast-paced multi-team deathmatch.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
In a way that's good, imho. Battle royale should be a mix of aggressive plays and stealth action. The fact Apex favours aggressive play so much is fun, but it makes it less of a battle royale and more of a fast-paced multi-team deathmatch.

I'm totally with you on this. I hate it when people play the game like team death match. It just becomes 3rd party-fest and I know some here like the fast pace but there are games that cater to that...Titanfall for example.

Survival should be the main objective over kills in all battleroyal games.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally with you on this. I hate it when people play the game like team death match. It just becomes 3rd party-fest and I know some here like the fast pace but there are games that cater to that...Titanfall for example.

Survival should be the main objective over kills in all battleroyal games.

Exactly! Elite makes it more thrilling again. Great idea, it's only hilarious how bugged it is right now, haha.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
if you like slow paced BR why you play apex, pubg exists

Why play any BR game if you want fast paced kills?

There are options for that too, like a plethora of TDM games on the market.

When you've played game after game with randoms who want to drop skulltown or shoot off alone into the hotzone then it's refreshing to have a team that hugs the circle edge and picks their fights. There should always be a balance.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
i mean sure but i am still baffled people enjoy playing looting simulator for 10 minutes
to each his own, i guess.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
i mean sure but i am still baffled people enjoy playing looting simulator for 10 minutes

I personally quite enjoy it.

Dy0j1Q0.gif

Not everything has to be about the highest kill count, otherwise it'd be hella boring, I enjoy the stealth/sneaky/tactical part a lot too, and that's alright.
I love this Elite mode because it rewards tactics over "HNNNG I HEARD GUN SHOTS I GOTTA RUN AND GET THOSE KILLS TO PROVE I HAVE THE BIGGEST D--K!" Yeah, nah, it can be cool sometimes, but it gets stale as hell quickly too. Many times I had to save hot-headed teammates that run brainlessly into fights, while my style is more conservative than theirs, thus it ended up saving our asses (we actually balance each other out pretty well in that regard).

A win is a win, I don't care if I get it by making 12 kills, or by being a skeany tactician, looting most of the game, and being cautious about my position and gear at the end of it. I enjoy getting wins with barely any kills or damages, as if I'm bamboozling my way to the top, that's hella hilarious and satisfactory to me too.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I personally like the fact that Apex is fast paced mainly because they get you back into matches very quickly. I used to hate dying in Blackout because then you had to go back to the lobby, search for a new match and then sit for 45 seconds waiting while people dance emoted in the pre-game lobby.

I also hate looting for 15 minutes and then finally finding a fight and getting killed. I like a medium amount of spice when I land. Not defcon 5 crazy spice like Skulltown but like Repulsor or Thunderdome levels of activity.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Would have been better if they put all the announcements (Wattson, L-Star, battlepass) in separate trailers on their channel. Didn't want to sit through the 30 minute presentation.

Anyways, just got caught up. Haven't played in a couple of weeks, new content is gonna bring me back.

I main Bangalore and love to spam frags and arc stars so Wattson is gonna be annoying to play against lol

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I would love for Apex Legends to make some events about winning games with dual Mozambique like these guys here.

I think it's fun to tweak the game like that and force yourself to play in ways you wouldn't have otherwise because the meta of the game is too strong to do so in the first place.

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Love when a random dies and disconnects while you kill the person. Then you revive the other random teammate to go on for the win.

Excited to see what methodology they put into rank. Would be great if it's a little intricate and based off multiple things.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Love when a random dies and disconnects while you kill the person. Then you revive the other random teammate to go on for the win.

Excited to see what methodology they put into rank. Would be great if it's a little intricate and based off multiple things.

I hope it's less based on kills than on time survived, wins, and overall average of final rankings in games.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
If they factored in players you killed ranks that could be cool. Example killing higher level players will see you gain more points and on the flip side dying to lower level players resulting in losing more. Also maybe your teams average compared to your final placement. If the average was #20 at start and you finished #4th you should get extra points out of it. Bringing damage into it could be good as well. Maybe have a variety of stats set in tiers that you can either gain or lose points within each category depending on each match performance.

It almost has to be based off of more than one category with how random br is too begin with. Just a simple win/loss doesn't make sense if you were a high performer but it shouldn't just be based off kills since it is a team game. Maybe we will actually start getting assist stats as well to be factored in.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Getting healing/shielding points to factor in would be also hella nice for support classes who generally can't be as offensive as the others.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Getting healing/shielding points to factor in would be also hella nice for support classes who generally can't be as offensive as the others.

It's funny that the only character that heals is also an offensive powerhouse because of her super-quick shield cell usage.

Oh, and the itty-bitty hitbox.

Last edited:

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
And her passive with the accelerant... Like... She just a must in ever comp now. Lifeline/Watson/Pathfinder

Pathfinder for his dumb hitbox and flanking abilities.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
If season 2 starts July 2nd, what will happen in 8 days when the battle pass ends? Or are they going to be extending the period that you can earn battle pass XP for season 1?

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
After three weeks or so of not playing Apex, I played a bit today. I've played some Overwatch in the meantime and it's night and day how much smoother that is on a (standard) PS4.

Apex had noticeable FPS drops before, but it's ridiculously bad now, probably since the last patch I guess. :/ It really felt like it was going everywhere from 30 (or even lower) to 60 fps constantly, in the few matches I've played...

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played since the patch and have been wanting to but then I remember the shit state the game is in

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
There is a middle ground between endless boring hot drop RNG fuckfests and boring loot for 20 minute games. Best games are when you land somewhere with only 1 or 2 squads nearby, have a good early fight dictated by skill rather than bad loot distribution, then a few encounters as you approach the end imo

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Got my first (and likely) only win in the APEX Elite queue with a group of randoms as Wraith.

Ended up with nearly 600 damage and 5 kills so I wasn't totally carried -- hooray!

The lows in Apex can be tough (bad teams, seemingly "unfair" deaths due to my poor play) but when everything clicks....MAXIMUM CLIMAX.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Jumped on with a buddy last night for the first time since the battle pass dropped (we even managed to squeak out a win!)

Really like the addition of those challenges - neat little incentive to work towards. We also had a lot of fun gunning for the Elite playlist. I'll definitely be checking out the S2 pass.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
After a couple of hours of Elite for the first time today, had a 5 streak and I think we won 4 of those. Didn't camp or play very differently, it just felt a bit slower paced and I liked it.

Performance being abysmal now and getting Code Leaf errors pretty often blows, however.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not experiencing any issues and everything is smooth except for the timeout errors while in the queue. I'm on a pro so that helps out.

I think I've found that me hanging back and using a sniper is viable to the team. I just let the others charge in as I do damage from a far. I'm not getting kills but it's all good if it sets the team up for success to go in and get the last few shots.

The longbow is a beast. Basically all the snipers are useful and have differences that make each unique and viable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.